Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait was that post flip? I'm dumb, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So yeah, seems pretty weak to take that one post commenting on already dead scum as this big risk that helps prove Tired's towniness, when you weigh it up against everything else Tired's posted.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

BottleKnight posted:

i never once gave any indication that i had deciphered this post, or that I agreed with it, or that I had even thought about it as far as i can remember. I just said his posting was better because he had posted a couple things I agreed with. You went from asking me why I agreed with TM to saying that I look worse to TM to saying that actually TM is getting tunneled and anidav is the one who's reading too much into things. I am genuinely baffled by the line you are attempting to ride here, Podima. You were pretty townie in my head but I just cannot believe how, on catching up with the posts since yesterday, your takes have gone back and forth like pinball.

I've still been thinking about this a lot. I think Pod is my top scumpick. This series of reads just hurts my brain to think about. ##vote pod

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't think I buy the Sal case. I don't think Sal is next-level enough to post this

SalTheBard posted:

Ya I probably shouldn't have played in 2 games because I totally forgot Xad was dead and confirmed scum.

if he knew who was also in his scumdoc with him. If he is scum and this post is a tactic, then it has fooled me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait was that post flip? I'm dumb, apparently.

Yeah, Tired was allegedly looking through Fisk's posts after he died, to look for clues. Actually, the "Podima sure looks town" part looks way more significant to me. It could possibly be a genuine judgement of Fisk's posts, and would be more risky if Pod was Tired's scumbro.

I do have a larger sliver of doubt about Tired compared to MMG, so I'm keeping my vote on MMG.

Actually, even though this vote won't count, I'll make it here on this account just to ease MMG's mind about the magical scum role that poisons everyone who votes for them :v:

##vote MMG

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BK, I agree with you on Pod but I'd like to wait and see what he's got today before I even consider voting him over MMG. Can you also give your opinions of MMG and Tired?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My eyes glazed over while catching up on a lot of the bif/MMG/TM stuff. bif, you read to me as having blinders on. I just don't see the same damning case on MMG that you do. Reading MMG's posts in response to you has been exactly like reading pmom's responses to being cased when he's town, and I just don't see the case. I was surprised and kind of taken aback as well when I learned you were revolver anidav, and I can totally see being suspicious of it.

As for TM, I don't like his posts today. I've gone back and forth on him, but I didn't like his sudden, confident characterization of both bif and MMG as having a scum slapfight distraction. He doesn't really have any evidence for why he thinks your case is ingenuine, he just calls it "inane" and moves on. I've felt conflicted about TM all game but I would vote for him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BottleKnight posted:

My eyes glazed over while catching up on a lot of the bif/MMG/TM stuff. bif, you read to me as having blinders on. I just don't see the same damning case on MMG that you do. Reading MMG's posts in response to you has been exactly like reading pmom's responses to being cased when he's town, and I just don't see the case. I was surprised and kind of taken aback as well when I learned you were revolver anidav, and I can totally see being suspicious of it.

Omfg the complaint about my alt account is literally all MMG has done all game while I've actively looked elsewhere even today to continue looking for other scum, don't you loving bring up blinders you hambeet impersonator.

You don't think MMG's responses and the ridiculously further and further lengths he's gone to hang onto his one case are scummy at all?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Omfg the complaint about my alt account is literally all MMG has done all game while I've actively looked elsewhere even today to continue looking for other scum, don't you loving bring up blinders you hambeet impersonator.

You don't think MMG's responses and the ridiculously further and further lengths he's gone to hang onto his one case are scummy at all?

I don't see why you looking elsewhere today means you don't have blinders specifically with regard to MMG. When I say blinders I don't mean you're just tunneling him instead of other, more deserving individuals. I'm just saying you seem 100% convinced and confident on a case I don't buy. I don't feel particularly good about MMG, you're right he hasn't done much else, but I feel far worse about Pod and TM atm.

Basically, I didn't feel particularly bad about MMG before you cased him, and your gatcha about him complaining about your alt is something I agreed with him on.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I like your response on Tired though so don't take my griping as accusing you of being scummy, youre actually slipping back down the list, this is just a personal rage button. I make loving spreadsheets for these games to keep the scum all ranked and make sure I don't forget anybody and people still say "oooh take the blinkers off" FUUUUUUCK you

(I didn't even forget Nevergirls, I was just purposely avoiding mentioning them, waiting to see if someone on my scum list would jump to trying to vote them instead of Sal or SEE never took off. But Sal seems like he'll definitely fit the bill as official mislynch candidate today so nvm)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I like your response on Tired though so don't take my griping as accusing you of being scummy, youre actually slipping back down the list, this is just a personal rage button. I make loving spreadsheets for these games to keep the scum all ranked and make sure I don't forget anybody and people still say "oooh take the blinkers off" FUUUUUUCK you

(I didn't even forget Nevergirls, I was just purposely avoiding mentioning them, waiting to see if someone on my scum list would jump to trying to vote them instead of Sal or SEE never took off. But Sal seems like he'll definitely fit the bill as official mislynch candidate today so nvm)

No I get it. I've been having some trouble engaging with this game because it is super off the rails. I wish I had the dedication to record game events and reads because I have super duper never been that person, to my disadvantage.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BottleKnight posted:

I don't see why you looking elsewhere today means you don't have blinders specifically with regard to MMG. When I say blinders I don't mean you're just tunneling him instead of other, more deserving individuals. I'm just saying you seem 100% convinced and confident on a case I don't buy. I don't feel particularly good about MMG, you're right he hasn't done much else, but I feel far worse about Pod and TM atm.

Basically, I didn't feel particularly bad about MMG before you cased him, and your gatcha about him complaining about your alt is something I agreed with him on.

Now see, I can see people just being a bit confused by what the hell the alt account is about. But MMG took it to ridiculous levels. Like oh no, what if I don't vote for somebody on both accounts?? Will people actually be confused about my cases? Will my opinions seriously not get through? Does he honestly believe there's some weird rear end poison role or something that only works on people who voted a certain way, and I can escape it by voting only on one of them? Does he believe that I signed up with the alt account and even cracked jokes about how "Bird said I couldn't sign up" before the game even started with the intention of scummily setting things up to fool the town?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone briefly explain this alt account bull poo poo it seems very long and boring

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

St Evan Echoes posted:

someone briefly explain this alt account bull poo poo it seems very long and boring

I signed up with my alt account Revolver Ocelot. I was making jokes about how my alt had an arm possessed by someone else, hoping I could replace in and then joke about taking over Revolver Ocelot as Liquid Bif or something. There you go.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

I signed up with my alt account Revolver Ocelot

Mafia edit: Revolver Anidav, you can see how the flavor is relevant though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh okay it wasn’t very long

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugggggh
Also, I really hate how B-, SEE, and Sal all showed up with not one loving word about MMG or Tired at all.
It doesnt rate too high on my scum meter right now with MMG and Tired throwing off the curve, but it certainly is annoying.
SC where the hell are ya mate

Honestly, I skimmed over the tm/mmg/bif spat yesterday. The whole thing seemed to be escalated when bif kicked it into high gear and went after tm and mmg. bif was the only one attempting to put together legitimate cases, and TM and mmg were incredibly defensive. There were two things that I do not like about mmg’s activity: 1) as soon as bif made a case for scum mmg, mmg immediately voted bif in retaliation, and 2) mmg has been incredibly silent today, possibly in an attempt to shift the focus away from them. Actually, TM has disappeared too. On one hand, I don’t blame TM or mmg for being so defensive, especially when Bif literally said that she was trying to get a rise out of them:

Bifauxnen posted:

This is why I prod people so much, they can't help arguing back either. Tired was seriously 4th on my list and low priority but now he's so obvious scum, glad I could help. Sorry for the mess though.
It is suspicious that they both dropped back under the radar.

Bifauxnen posted:

Thanks, bud.

Sal, I got a bit more to ask you: why did you wait till N3 to use your cop ability? Why did you not want to use it on either N1 or N2, and what made you decide to finally use it N3 after waiting that long? Then why did you choose flerp?

Also, did you have any visitors on the earlier nights?
I don’t find waiting until n3 to use a one shot cop ability as egregious as sal’s walking back of his vt claim. Because now he says he has another ability, and that he was visited by two players last night. Overall my gut read is that it is bad town play more than anything.

Also, I think this post got overlooked today:

b-minus1 posted:

ok so i did a thing last night that allows me to inspect the corpse of a dead player, this time at random. last night i visited jonathan fisk, and here's what I got: fisk was visited by two players the night he was killed. one of them left a note: "Hello friend I don’t think you will die tonight so here is my message: "Acquaintances agree. Friends argue." I have no idea what this means but I hope this will be useful
Does anyone have any ideas what this could mean?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

ok so i did a thing last night that allows me to inspect the corpse of a dead player, this time at random. last night i visited jonathan fisk, and here's what I got: fisk was visited by two players the night he was killed. one of them left a note: "Hello friend I don’t think you will die tonight so here is my message: "Acquaintances agree. Friends argue." I have no idea what this means but I hope this will be useful

ypm targetted fisk with the message and ssv targeted and killed him. this lines up w/ everything we know

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

ypm targetted fisk with the message and ssv targeted and killed him. this lines up w/ everything we know

ah, i must have missed the post where ssv said he killed fisk. my mistake

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

loving called it hahaha

You claim to think we're both scum, but you vote for the one with way more content to analyse. (also the one who happens to really be town)

Next up: watch Pod suddenly have doubts about his earlier read on me playing my classic towngame, just as I start playing it 10 times harder than I was when he said that.

nah I'm still comfortable that you're town even if you're wrong about me.

For Tired Moritz, my willingness to cut him slack as the guy who always gets piled on is waning. He's become increasingly defensive and his vote based on your claimed role/usage of it last night makes zero sense from a town perspective. Also:

Tired Moritz posted:

This is my hierachy of possibilities

1) MMG and Bif are both scum
2) Bif is scum and basically baiting MMG to argue with them so they can push a lynch on them
3)MMG is scum and Bif is right all along!!!

Honestly, the more that Bif posts, the more number 2 seems like a possibility.

Where's the "they're both town" option here? :thunk:

For MMG, there are two reasons I haven't dropped a vote on him today outside of his atrocious casing.
The first is that he's demonstrably lost his vote, and unless we have someone who wants to openly claim a vote-stealing ability as a townie I think that actually speaks strongly in his favor.
The second is that he opened a masonry with me N1, and the chitchat in there has been fairly decent since. (I HAVE been prodding him to make reads that aren't the dumb meta/alt-posting case on you. :shobon:) He and I have flavorclaimed to each other (The Discord channel setup supports his flavor via codec frequency # and image), and he's fullclaimed his role. The masonry portion of his role DOES work differently than flerp's claim, which gave and still gives me pause - especially with flerp ostensibly being copped as town, since two town masonry-creators is a bit odd. It also bothers me that he had to keep checking his PM for details when I pressed him to make a clear claim about his role (after making sure he was around to see if he could answer quickly). I've gone back and forth on it multiple times over the intervening game days, but I wouldn't vote him today unless someone claimed as a town vote stealer.

Next up later tonight is rereading BK and b-, per your request for casing of people on your list!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh thats kinda interesting bcause my codec # and image also aligns w/ my flavor

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
id ask sc64 to confirm if he remembers or id have the person tonight do the same but I DIDNT GET TO

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If it's a choice between TM or MMG, I'd definitely rather vote MMG. The way he fixated on Bif's gimmick feels like he's grasping for an excuse to make a case.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hi i forgot to charge my phone aaaaaaaa

Yeah, I slept and now that I'm separated from the tiff we had earlier, I think that there's really a possibility of that there are just two townies fighting with each other.

##unvote

I just don't like how Bif was basically prodding MMG at the start of the day and then going, "wow so defensive"

Of coursw someone is going to defend themselves if you treat them like an idiot.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Hi i forgot to charge my phone aaaaaaaa

Yeah, I slept and now that I'm separated from the tiff we had earlier, I think that there's really a possibility of that there are just two townies fighting with each other.

##unvote

I just don't like how Bif was basically prodding MMG at the start of the day and then going, "wow so defensive"

Of coursw someone is going to defend themselves if you treat them like an idiot.

Yeah but then you see if their defense actually makes any logical sense and could have any townie motivations behind it.

Lol at you going from us both being scum with such awful sucky cases (giving you an excuse to get in a soft bus on your embattled scumbro while still voting me first), to now we both gotta be town! (Conceding you can't sell a case on me, but hopefully letting your scumbro off the hook entirely)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

:

For MMG, there are two reasons I haven't dropped a vote on him today outside of his atrocious casing.

The first is that he's demonstrably lost his vote, and unless we have someone who wants to openly claim a vote-stealing ability as a townie I think that actually speaks strongly in his favor.

Oh is THAT all? That was me.

Like many flipped people, I have more than one ability. Babysitter is one of em and I did intend to babysit MMG, but during the night I was feeling so loving sure he was scum, I figured scum wouldn't want to kill me. Or worse, they might redirect me.

I changed my mind and used the vote-stealing power on him instead. That way if it did get redirected, I'd probably find out real soon once someone complained about it. and I could then presume that person was town.

The power btw, is called Jack the Ripper. I am the prettiest pretty-boy protagonist.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
See what I mean? I concede that there's a possibility that she's town and she immediately starts ragging that im scum or whatever

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

See what I mean? I concede that there's a possibility that she's town and she immediately starts ragging that im scum or whatever

Calling me town doesn't magically make you town buddy~ ♥️

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can you make posts that aren't patronizing as gently caress~♡

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Can you make posts that aren't patronizing as gently caress~♡

Yes but you don't read them~ 🥀

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Like I still have problems with MMG, but not with their interactions with Bif.

They barely post, they don't have any reads that stuck out and they seemed actively lurky. That is what pings me earlier.

That's what bothers me. Not his defence on himself because of course you're going to defensive if someone is going to drag the stupid argument like Bif did.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Like I still have problems with MMG, but not with their interactions with Bif.

They barely post, they don't have any reads that stuck out and they seemed actively lurky. That is what pings me earlier.

That's what bothers me. Not his defence on himself because of course you're going to defensive if someone is going to drag the stupid argument like Bif did.

Hey you know what a townie does when they get defensive? They go all out explaining their genuine thought process, or get genuinely annoyed at you for getting something wrong about them. Not spewing crap about magic poison votes or how ~only scum would make the game harder~ while totally ignoring any and all points to the contrary. (Such as: me signing up with the alt account on purpose before the game started and before I had any alignment, and the history he should know with me and Birb and Gaspy being very super excited about this flavor)

You are either being really dense to read our posts and think MMG's offense on me is merely a matter of him being defensive, or you're willfully trying to frame it up that way do your scumbro doesn't get lynched.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I need to ask if anyone agree with Bif's earlier case that because MMG didnt understand Bif's reveal or whatever that he was being pedantic and thus scum?

If you don't then why was it so irrrational for MMG to defend himself over that? Then the next day, Bif was the one to drag that horse back in and when MMG tried to defend himself, she immediately went "so defensive".

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like, you keep framing everything I say as just a dumb argument, or even my effortpost as just inane. You have a clear agenda here of trying to make sure my cases and reads aren't taken seriously and it really doesn't come off as you genuinely scumhunting at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I need to ask if anyone agree with Bif's earlier case that because MMG didnt understand Bif's reveal or whatever that he was being pedantic and thus scum?

If you don't then why was it so irrrational for MMG to defend himself over that? Then the next day, Bif was the one to drag that horse back in and when MMG tried to defend himself, she immediately went "so defensive".

I don't even think I have called MMG defensive today. I said he's full of crap and his excuses suck cause he presumes everyone in the game is a total moron who somehow can't keep my votes or opinions straight when I'm this much of a loudmouth about everything.

You just keep sticking to your chosen narratives without any care to the facts and then if you get called out on it, you write it off as hyperbole.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I already said that I think MMG is scummy, jesus.

##vote MMG

There.

I think it's a bit silly to be debating on how town/scum defend themselves. Are you saying that scum will halfassed their defence? If it was that simple, we should just point at every one and accuss them of dumb poo poo and see who put in the most effort.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Arrrrrrgh can you both just die now seriously

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I already said that I think MMG is scummy, jesus.

##vote MMG

There.

I think it's a bit silly to be debating on how town/scum defend themselves. Are you saying that scum will halfassed their defence? If it was that simple, we should just point at every one and accuss them of dumb poo poo and see who put in the most effort.

Why don't you try actually reading my loving posts instead of making up some more fantasy opposite-land scenarios in your head. But at least you hopped on the bus now so good job.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why can't we have double plurality this sucks so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ironic, because you seem to really want to believe that anyone who disagrees with you is scum

• Locked thread