Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The people that couldn't get over the name Mt Gox are some of the dumbest motherfuckers alive, if you're one of them then lol

just lol if you can't actually laugh at that ridiculous fuckin name and ridiculous fuckin site and find humor that a site designed to sell digital cards shifted to selling digital money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Like, come on, if you don't find it at least sorta funny that there was an entire site devoted to selling digital representations of real cards shifted to selling digital representations of real dollars, you're a broken human who is way too deep in the Digital Pog game, my man.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
When does it come back down so I can ride?

myDad fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 5, 2017

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

Like, come on, if you don't find it at least sorta funny that there was an entire site devoted to selling digital representations of real cards shifted to selling digital representations of real dollars, you're a broken human who is way too deep in the Digital Pog game, my man.

Dude this is the same poster who started flipping out at COMRADES for being anti-bitcoin just because because he was having a bit of difficulty with the Coinbase website

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

sleepwalkers posted:

This guy loves eating paint chips, staring at the wall, watching grass grow, and occasionally laughs to himself about Mt Gox

No, it turns out that I think it's dumb in the same way that people ranting about the Xbox having the wrong ram for literally years was beyond stupid

and the people that call the wrong phone 'anroid' are also really loving stupid

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

Dude this is the same poster who started flipping out at COMRADES for being anti-bitcoin just because because he was having a bit of difficulty with the Coinbase website

Where flipping out is defined as making the following observation: "Hey 3 million dudes managed it on that same website I have confidence you can do it too if you have faith in yourself"

Basically the same statement as:

quote:

Bitcoin is dumb because I can't figure out how to use a website that junkies and Bitcoin libertarians navigate and use successfully every day

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Where flipping out is defined as making the following observation: "Hey 3 million dudes managed it on that same website I have confidence you can do it too if you have faith in yourself"

What, did you assume that I wouldn't go back 1 page and quote you? Like look at this:

Ham Sandwiches posted:

No this is mega dumb. According to you I should sit there and be like "You're right, despite 3 million people managing it on that same website recently I'm sure crypto is doomed because your email verification was blank due to their poo poo being down"

My bank website wouldn't let me see my statements because it was down for maintenance... it would be really dumb of me to try to paint that as a slam against fiat whatever instead of like "heyy err it happened to be down when I went to use it"

You're completely melting down and accusing COMRADES of spelling out the doom of crypto when he was having some difficulty with a website.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

What, did you assume that I wouldn't go back 1 page and quote you? Like look at this:

You're completely melting down and accusing COMRADES of spelling out the doom of crypto when he was having some difficulty with a website.

Why did you pick a post where I wasn't replying to Comrades or talking to him?

Here's what I posted to comrades:

quote:

3 million people didn't have email problems and managed it in the span of a few months, so while there are hiccups it seems to work for many people

Wow dude, brutal stuff ;) I hope he's ok

The guy I was replying to was being a total rear end and telling me the correct way to respond, mr Goodpancakes, and I called his post mega dumb

Are you having problems following these threads? It seems like that might explain a lot of your posts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

null posted:

In the year 2020, everyone will own bitcoin instead of USD. Except for the few remaining goon holdouts, who will continue to insist on a coming crash as they are hunted down like dogs by futuristic cyborg killing machines.

in a way they will be the lucky ones

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The guy I was replying to was being a total rear end and telling me the correct way to respond, mr Goodpancakes, and I called his post mega dumb

Are you having problems following these threads? It seems like that might explain a lot of your posts

nice meltdown

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I do like how you ignored the other goon pointing out that COMRADES probably is one of those 3 million listed as registered. There is no tally on how many signed up but never completed full verification.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

I do like how you ignored the other goon pointing out that COMRADES probably is one of those 3 million listed as registered. There is no tally on how many signed up but never completed full verification.

It's ok if you doubt the 3 million number, pretend I said 1 million or 500k or any number of junkies and money launderers that seem to be able to get in on the ponzi scheme whereas many goons seem to struggle with it mightily

whatever number you can find plausible, pretend that was the comparison

when you say ignored, are you acting like I have some kind of responsibility to respond to every single post or ... what exactly are you saying here?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's ok if you doubt the 3 million number, pretend I said 1 million or 500k or any number of junkies and money launderers that seem to be able to get in on the ponzi scheme whereas many goons seem to struggle with it mightily

whatever number you can find plausible, pretend that was the comparison

when you say ignored, are you acting like I have some kind of responsibility to respond to every single post or ... what exactly are you saying here?

Arbitrarily lowering the number certainly helps your case! But since you deferred to me I will say it is 8. And at 8 new accounts I think it is pretty lovely to assume the problem is on the users and not the site.

Edit: when I say ignored I mean someone literally pointed this out and you didn't respond to it. Whether you have a responsibility to address it or not is up to you but it looks weird when someone keeps posting their arguments that were previously shown erroneous!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh my bad you were actually responding to this post:

Goodpancakes posted:

Conversely you don't have to defend a bad website because it's connected to crypto. You can commiserate on these things comfortably. It actually makes your argument's position stronger instead of painting yourself as a crypto White Knight desperate to bang a coin

Yeah that was totally an all-out attack on bitcoin worthy of melting down over, and not just a guy pointing out the same thing that I'm pointing out (that you were overreacting to someone's website troubles)

and if your response is any indicator apparently my post was worth melting down over too lol

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

Arbitrarily lowering the number certainly helps your case! But since you deferred to me I will say it is 8. And at 8 new accounts I think it is pretty lovely to assume the problem is on the users and not the site.

Edit: when I say ignored I mean someone literally pointed this out and you didn't respond to it. Whether you have a responsibility to address it or not is up to you but it looks weird when someone keeps posting their arguments that were previously shown erroneous!

I'm going to dive into the details on the number of Coinbase users in a minute, but before I do, I want to ask you:

Do you think it's important the number of Coinbase users? And do you really think you caught me making poo poo up?

I feel that trying to explain "lots of people sign up for Coinbase successfuly" was a mild claim but apparently it needs strong substantiation. So we'll get to that shortly. And before we do, please explain, why it's so important to you.

To address your edit, the numbers were not shown to be erroneous, some guy started quibbling about something unimportant by asking where the numbers came from. In what way did he show that they were erroneous?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Raldikuk posted:

Coincidentally, Coinbase will also let you register from places where they refuse to do business (Hawaii, Missouri, I think 1 other? Places with regulations that Coinbase doesn't want to follow, basically). Instead of just saying "oh sorry you can't register" they register you and then immediately close your account lol

But hey that's 1 more registered account!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah that was totally an all-out attack on bitcoin worthy of melting down over, and not just a guy pointing out the same thing that I'm pointing out (that you were overreacting to someone's website troubles)

and if your response is any indicator apparently my post was worth melting down over too lol

I guess you just like to have a very fancy narrative in your head where everyone that disagrees with you is melting down lol

whats it like not being able to parse emotion

lol you are literally a "nice meltdown" poster with more words, well done

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I'm going to dive into the details on the number of Coinbase users in a minute, but before I do, I want to ask you:

Do you think it's important the number of Coinbase users? And do you really think you caught me making poo poo up?

I feel that trying to explain "lots of people sign up for Coinbase successfuly" was a mild claim but apparently it needs strong substantiation. So we'll get to that shortly. And before we do, please explain, why it's so important to you.

Says the person who felt the need to repeatedly say 3 million to a person who had pretty common problems with coinbase. Maybe you can tell us why you feel the need to defend a lovely website because someone posted about their experience with it?

You can go on Reddit for it and see other people experiencing the same poo poo. Yet you feel the need to point out there exist people who do have difficulty with it. Why do you feel the need to try and show that to be false? What would happen if users experience with coinbase was actually accurate?

But yes it is I who need to prove something by asking you to address points that were raised in response to you and totally not you the person who decided to post the 3 million number repeatedly as if it were meaningful or accurate.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

To address your edit, the numbers were not shown to be erroneous, some guy started quibbling about something unimportant by asking where the numbers came from. In what way did he show that they were erroneous?

Ahh yes the quibble of actually the user you're chastising falls under the stat you're using to show they're doing something wrong. Hmmmmmmmm yeah it is hard to understand why this makes them erroneous to your point.

Raldikuk fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 5, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

This guy loves eating paint chips, staring at the wall, watching grass grow, and occasionally laughs to himself about Mt Gox

No, it turns out that I think it's dumb in the same way that people ranting about the Xbox having the wrong ram for literally years was beyond stupid

and the people that call the wrong phone 'anroid' are also really loving stupid

Yeah, you’re definitely taking yourself too seriously.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I guess you just like to have a very fancy narrative in your head where everyone that disagrees with you is melting down lol

whats it like not being able to parse emotion

lol you are literally a "nice meltdown" poster with more words, well done

What's more likely, that you're crazy or that everyone else is?

btw nice deflection and projection

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ham Sandwiches you are the only person in the world who thinks that MtGox isn't funny, let that sink in

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Ham Sandwiches you are the only person in the world who thinks that MtGox isn't funny, let that sink in

The best is that we have confirmed it was a giant scam. Ham sandwiches is so invested in bitcoin not being a scam that even obvious scammers get a pass. Next we will here how pirates ponzi scheme was fine because he advertised it as such!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

Says the person who felt the need to repeatedly say 3 million to a person who had pretty common problems with coinbase. Maybe you can tell us why you feel the need to defend a lovely website because someone posted about their experience with it?

Sure I gave him that comparison to highlight two things:
1. Given the sheer volume of signups there are times where the coinbase website / email system don't work, it is very popular
2. Despite that fact roughly 3 million people have signed up

quote:

But yes it is I who need to prove something by asking you to address points that were raised in response to you and totally not you the person who decided to post the 3 million number repeatedly as if it were meaningful or accurate.

Cool here are the stats for coinbase users:

quote:

November 26: 13.3M
November 25: 13.2M
November 24: 13.1M
November 23: 13.1M
November 22: 13.0M (!!!!!!!!!!!)
November 21: 12.9M
November 20: 12.9M
November 19: 12.8M
November 18: 12.7M
November 17: 12.7M
November 16: 12.6M
November 15: 12.5M
November 5: 12.1M
November 1: 11.8M
October 26: 11.5M
Sep 17: 10.4M
Sep 16 : 10.3M
Sep 13 : 10.2M
Sep 8 : 10.1M

So yeah in the last 3 months about 3 million people signed up, and if you don't believe me, here's a cnbc link:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/27/bitcoin-exchange-coinbase-has-more-users-than-stock-brokerage-schwab.html

• Charles Schwab reported 10.6 million active brokerage accounts for October, in contrast with 11.7 million users in October for Coinbase, the leading U.S. platform for buying and selling bitcoin.
  • That number had grown to 13.3 million as of Sunday, according to data compiled by Alistair Milne of the Altana Digital Currency Fund.
  • Coinbase added an estimated 300,000 users in the last week alone.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

The best is that we have confirmed it was a giant scam. Ham sandwiches is so invested in bitcoin not being a scam that even obvious scammers get a pass. Next we will here how pirates ponzi scheme was fine because he advertised it as such!

Anroid. Its not android. It's anroid. Imagine laughing about that for years. And the xbox has the wrong kind of ram. A very important point to consider. And my dude.. it's not the right kind of magic cards!! If it was magic the gathering cards, it wouldn't be funny. But online?? Well now that's a different story.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah, you’re definitely taking yourself too seriously.

No I 100% think the people that find stuff funny are genuinely, honestly, stupid.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Sure I gave him that comparison to highlight two things:
1. Given the sheer volume of signups there are times where the coinbase website / email system don't work, it is very popular
2. Despite that fact roughly 3 million people have signed up

Cool here are the stats for coinbase users:

So yeah in the last 3 months about 3 million people signed up, and if you don't believe me, here's a cnbc link:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/27/bitcoin-exchange-coinbase-has-more-users-than-stock-brokerage-schwab.html

• Charles Schwab reported 10.6 million active brokerage accounts for October, in contrast with 11.7 million users in October for Coinbase, the leading U.S. platform for buying and selling bitcoin.
  • That number had grown to 13.3 million as of Sunday, according to data compiled by Alistair Milne of the Altana Digital Currency Fund.
  • Coinbase added an estimated 300,000 users in the last week alone.

This doesn't address the point I brought up at all. Care to try again?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

This person makes up fantasies where the people he's disagreeing with are having meltdowns and being crazy, simply for disagreeing with him, let that sink in

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 5, 2017

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Anroid. Its not android. It's anroid. Imagine laughing about that for years. And the xbox has the wrong kind of ram. A very important point to consider. And my dude.. it's not the right kind of magic cards!! If it was magic the gathering cards, it wouldn't be funny. But online?? Well now that's a different story.

You definitely don't seem to be melting down at all.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

This doesn't address the point I brought up at all. Care to try again?

Ok so I explained why i made the comparison, and I explained that 3 million people did sign up, what part do you feel has been left out?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Raldikuk posted:

You definitely don't seem to be melting down at all.

Lmao calling tired jokes that people have repeated for years stupid and worn out is a meltdown. Jeeze man meltdown is the word of the day!

Meltdowns all around. Next stop: The crypto meltdown!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

No I 100% think the people that find stuff funny are genuinely, honestly, stupid.

See, not thinking it’s funny is one thing. Different strokes, but this extra level of scorn and judgment on people who don’t share your view? That honestly says more about you than anything.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

This person makes up fantasies where the people he's disagreeing with are having meltdowns and being crazy, simply for disagreeing with him, let that sink in

This is just sad

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

fruit on the bottom posted:

See, not thinking it’s funny is one thing. Different strokes, but this extra level of scorn and judgment on people who don’t share your view? That honestly says more about you than anything.

No, people that find the same formula joke funny years later have some kind of deficiency, it's not "different strokes" it's "if a joke is still funny to you the 10,000th time you heard it and made it like dropping an n from android ok but I will assume you're easily amused or limited in some other way"

Somehow SAS grasps that these kinds of jokes are mega dumb, and probates people for "rivals style puns", however me making the same observation means that I'm "judging" and it's a reflection on me, lol

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Sane person: it is nice in the sun
Ham: no it isn’t! Why do you keep attacking Bitcoin? The sun is literally Hitler

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok so I explained why i made the comparison, and I explained that 3 million people did sign up, what part do you feel has been left out?

The part I already explained? COMRADES is included in the "new user" number even though he is running into site issues. Posting again their user count doesn't actually address if those users were able to get verified or not, since one is able to set up a user account without actually verifying it.

Here is my initial post about this topic:

Raldikuk posted:

But I am glad after all of this obfuscation we're back at your original point with not a single change or hint at you addressing the substance.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lmao calling tired jokes that people have repeated for years stupid and worn out is a meltdown. Jeeze man meltdown is the word of the day!

Meltdowns all around. Next stop: The crypto meltdown!

That you feel the need to defend the indefensible reflects poorly on you, yes. It isn't like MT Gox is still around operating. It closed down because it stole its users funds (oh sorry it was "hacked") and basically all of the jokes we made about it came true. It is ok to admit that it (MT Gox specifically, let's not gish gallop to you saying cryptocurrencies in general) was a shitshow you know.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

This is just sad

Hmm yes, the guy that feels the need to make up stories about meltdowns is being sympathetic

It's cool dude just please don't make stuff up about how I totally went off on Comrades for having a website problem, because it didn't happen, and I just ask that you not Make poo poo Up

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

No, people that find the same formula joke funny years later have some kind of deficiency, it's not "different strokes" it's "if a joke is still funny to you the 10,000th time you heard it and made it like dropping an n from android ok but I will assume you're easily amused or limited in some other way"

Somehow SAS grasps that these kinds of jokes are mega dumb, and probates people for "rivals style puns", however me making the same observation means that I'm "judging" and it's a reflection on me, lol

Yes, but unironically.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
What’s really sad to me is that Ham can’t seem to defend anything without trying to viciously tear down someone else in the process.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
If people are so confident that Bitcoin Will Fail why aren't they shorting it

You could fund space communism off the backs of libertarians after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Did you hear that Santa knows karate? He has a black belt.

Normal Person A: Haha what a nice joke
Normal Person B: I didn't enjoy that joke

Ham Sandwiches: YOU INSUFFERABLE FOOL I NEED NO HUMOR ONLY BITCOIN, MY REACTION IS TOTALLY NORMAL