Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

With all these recent sexual harassment allegations being dropped on every male in the public eye in North America, I feel like Walton would be top 5 for one of the most heartbreaking, right up there with Tom Hanks

He's just insanely likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

With all these recent sexual harassment allegations being dropped on every male in the public eye in North America, I feel like Walton would be top 5 for one of the most heartbreaking, right up there with Tom Hanks

"YOUR GLUTEAL SULCUS HAS MY SYNAPSES FIRING AT FULL DISTRIBUTION"

her: "what?"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unless you hate weed.

Then you hate fun and well you suck.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/InsideUSC/status/936745057352159232

lmao

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Truck Series usually races on friday nights or saturday morning (Pacific Time) so how often does that even happen?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

Truck Series usually races on friday nights or saturday morning (Pacific Time) so how often does that even happen?

Ever since the Pac-12 decided to do friday night football because ~reasons~.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pac-12 decided to do Friday night games because Fox and ESPN wanted them to. They don't have any other Friday night games except for the ones those networks have rights to.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

iospace posted:

Ever since the Pac-12 decided to do friday night football because ~reasons~.

i'm gonna guess it's to boost standing out in the crowd since they have that time zone dilemma

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand how Highly Questionable is so drat good.

I mean, I know because Papi, but other than that!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

algebra testes posted:

Papi, good. Dan, good. All the other co-hosts, all good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

algebra testes posted:

They don't take themselves seriously and don't feel the need for hot takes. Papi helps drive a lot of that, admittedly.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

AsInHowe posted:

Papi, good. Dan, good. All the other co-hosts, all good.

(Except Sarah Spain)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Troy Queef posted:

(Except Sarah Spain)

Sarah Spain is cool, good, is my friend

edited

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 6, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sarah Spain is like Mussolini. Her appearances usually cause a lot more bad than good but she gets the grid of death run on time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

one new interesting wrinkle in the latest fox-disney talks is disney would take over the numerous regional sports networks fox currently runs

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/938255429209133056

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel like this would be getting into anti-trust territory here. Disney owning ESPN, and all of Fox's regional sports stations? That's like 90% of the sports channels for the country.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Not to mention the Big Ten Network, the upcoming ACC Network, the SEC Network, and the Longhorn Network.

I imagine they’d divest a lot of the regional sports channels. Lord knows the cable providers are clamoring to buy as many channels with live exclusive content as possible to justify their continued existence. Even the Big Ten might be willing to purchase the other 51% of BTN now that they’re 10+ years into that venture.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

is big ten network seriously a decade old now :psyduck:

E: well son of a bitch, launched Aug 30, 2007.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DJExile posted:

is big ten network seriously a decade old now :psyduck:

E: well son of a bitch, launched Aug 30, 2007.

I didn't even have to look it up.....the way I knew was that Michigan-App State was the first ever game on the BTN and that was '07.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BTN is nice because I can catch college hockey games on it, even if it isn't a Wisconsin game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I miss calling BTN the Velveta/Rotel network.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

You can still call it that.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

BWV posted:

Sarah Spain is like Mussolini. Her appearances usually cause a lot more bad than good but she gets the grid of death run on time.

Hi Hello the Joke Explainer here to clarify: fascism didn't actually keep the trains working, they just took credit for things that already kinda worked (although not as well as advertised). "Well at least the trains run on time" is supposed to be what you say when the train is late and you're looking at piles of bodies in the gutter and reading an article in the party newspaper about their fantastic new renovations of the rail system (that took place several years prior as the policy of the party they ousted)

it's supposed to be the pithiest sarcasm possible, not an acknowledgement that fascism is brutal yet functional

if you'd like any of your future jokes to be received and countered by obnoxious pedants please feel free to post them on the internet!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

AsInHowe posted:

Sarah Spain is cool, good, sort of my friend

The Commish kicks rear end and haters need to vacate.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TaylorStory96/status/938526025427898368

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That guy must be a hoot at parties

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Both posts were liked by the Lebatard Show twitter acc so thats how I saw them hahah

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll give that person the benefit of the doubt since that appears to be Sarah Spain

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Rotel and Barbasol are still a pretty heavy percentage of the ads, they just thankfully are not literally all of the ads.

They did a masturbatory ten year special thing this year that could have been kinda cool if it had actually focused on big ten sports during that period but instead was like 90% clips of awful btn shows that got immediately canceled because no one ever watches that channel for anything but games. Please stop trying to convince me that Mike Hall is funny, Big Ten.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like this would be getting into anti-trust territory here. Disney owning ESPN, and all of Fox's regional sports stations? That's like 90% of the sports channels for the country.

The internet has taught me that apparently monopolies are actually very good because it means wolverine can finally be in the same movie as Thor now.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 7, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Would this mean there could be one streaming service that basically just offers all the sports? Does it mean we could actually get a version of Goal Line that's worth a poo poo?

MourningView posted:

The internet has taught me that apparently monopolies are actually very good because it means wolverine can finally be in the same movie as Thor now.

I wonder if the MCU was just a giant decade-long ploy to make these mergers more tenable to the public.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 7, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fubo TV bills itself as a streaming TV service for sports fans.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
AT&T SportsNet Southwest update: they're getting sued

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What would you guys say are the best 30 for 30 movies?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The U and Pony Excess are both fantastic.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Broke

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Hillsborough one is powerful but difficult to watch. The "day of the OJ Simpson chase" one is amazing editing (it's 100% original footage)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

The U and Pony Excess are both fantastic.

ElwoodCuse posted:

The Hillsborough one is powerful but difficult to watch. The "day of the OJ Simpson chase" one is amazing editing (it's 100% original footage)

Agree on both.

I also liked the Reggie Miller v New York Knicks one but that one is more entertaining and trivial.

Four Falls of Buffalo was meant to be good, so was the the Miracle on Ice one, but that one was released at the same time as another doc on that topic I can't remember which was better or which one I watched.

I hate Christian Laettner I enjoyed but I don't have a dog in that race. Slaying the Badger was great but that's because there aren't that many good Tour docs.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don’t think The U is the best one but it’s definitely the most fun. For best I’d say Two Escobars, Broke, or Muhammad and Larry.

e: the Reggie Miller one is also really fun

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, Two Escobars is really great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I like To The Limit. Story about the NASCAR driver that Days of Thunder was loosely based off of that NASCAR has tried really, really hard to bury thanks to the awful way his illness and death was handled (he died of complications from AIDS). Even if you're not a NASCAR or auto racing fan it's an interesting look at how AIDS was handled by real people in the early days of the epidemic (although I'll admit that what I saw made me sad). He could have been one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR history but died when he was 34.