Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

This sucks. Miller was easily one of the best actors they've used and him as Captain Cold was a highlight of any episode he appeared in.

Agreed. My favorite character/actors in the CW-verse are Snart/Miller and John Constantine/Matt Ryan. I hope they get to have at least one shared scene of being charmingly snarky assholes together before Miller disappears from the role forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What gets me is his announcing his leaving. It wasn't like he was a regular on these shows after Legends S1. Just a guest star for random eps. Isn't he filming Prison Break anyway?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Prison Break is over for now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They made such a big deal about his new contract that would let him show up anywhere, but then barely used him. I'd bet that that meant he had to leave his schedule open the entire time the shows were filming, which must've sucked.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

They made such a big deal about his new contract that would let him show up anywhere, but then barely used him. I'd bet that that meant he had to leave his schedule open the entire time the shows were filming, which must've sucked.

Yeah that was really weird...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I am 90% sure that Leo Snart is really Snart-Prime and his goody-two-shoes routine is some sort of penance or a long con.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Davros1 posted:

What gets me is his announcing his leaving. It wasn't like he was a regular on these shows after Legends S1. Just a guest star for random eps. Isn't he filming Prison Break anyway?

My impression it was just that he was signed to this weird contract that made him a member of the overall universe cast but not a member of any show's cast (I think Katie Cassidy had the same thing last season) and that's just come to an end. So while Cassidy rejoined the Arrow cast when her weird thing was done Wentworth isn't rejoining any main cast and isn't signing on for the same odd thing a second year.

Its weird but my reading of it isn't like they've had some falling out or he will never be back or anything. Just that he's not going to be available to just plug in wherever and if they want him back for something they'll have to do it the normal way.

But I could have misread it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It was him and John Barrowman, actually.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

It was him and John Barrowman, actually.

Wasn't he Ra's Al Ghul? :thunk:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If my father learns nothing else, he will learn about Hall & Oates

LIFE DAY

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kara throws a raging Christmas party.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ugh pushing Lames so hard.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Ugh pushing Lames so hard.

I am very much in favor of this.

Also, Kara's apartment is so insanely decorated that it took me a minute to realize that's where they were.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hah they're both eating a whole chicken.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That was terrible. Did all their budget go to the crossover?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nice to see Agent...Piper (Vasquez?) back.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Those pants are not flattering, girl.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So Reign knows enough to wear a mask/distort her voice. Okay.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Best office Christmas party ever?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Ooof that fight choreography.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If you want to sell a villain as a credible threat, making Kara bleed is a good way to do it. :stare:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Why did she think tossing her off a building would kill her?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why did she think tossing her off a building would kill her?

Well I mean, came close.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crazy preacher man > all known knowledge in the 28 galaxies.

howe_sam posted:

If you want to sell a villain as a credible threat, making Kara bleed is a good way to do it. :stare:

and give them red eyebeams!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I know why they have too but I feel they toned down Martian Manhunter's power level way too much in this show.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I know it's super cheap to complain about but how exactly were those IV's running into Supergirl working at the end there? They just packing kryptonite needles now as part of DEO gear?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Man, I've really been enjoying this Reign storyline.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Odette Annable is killing it but I feel they've gotten really really lucky with the actress they've cast for Ruby. The interplay between the two of them is awesome and sells a lot of the tragedy we're supposed to be feeling as a single mother turns into a complete monster.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Loved the Nolan Batman references with the scene of Reign attacking the gang members.

Also, almost a Man of Steel reference with Reign & Supergirl crashing through that office building.

BrianWilly posted:

Totally agree. They did a good job making you like Sam a lot, and an even better job making Reign pretty terrifying with that last fight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Truth, Judgement, and the ancient Kryptonian way.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That fight was actually pretty brutal. Turns out I don't like watching Benoist get beaten up. Like watching a puppy get kicked.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I don't normally have such visceral reactions to television, but when Reign curb-stomped Kara's chest while she was bleeding out on the ground elicited an audible gasp from me. Yeah, some of the fight choreography was a bit spotty, but drat they really nailed the weight of the battle.

After Arrow's S03 mid-season finale though I couldn't help but joke to myself that she's going to get better within an episode from some magical green tea.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
“I’m the last Kryptonian” - Superman
“I am also a Kryptonian” - Supergirl
“We are also Kryptonian” - Prisoners from Fort Rozz
“I am also Kryptonian” - Astra
“I am also Kryptonian” - Non
“I am an ancient Kryptonian” - Reign

Hmmmmmmm. “Last daughter of Krypton” my rear end. There’s enough Kryptonians floating around out there to start a football team.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

J33uk posted:

Odette Annable is killing it but I feel they've gotten really really lucky with the actress they've cast for Ruby. The interplay between the two of them is awesome and sells a lot of the tragedy we're supposed to be feeling as a single mother turns into a complete monster.

Agree with this 100% but I don't get what Reign's motivation is supposed to be. Are ancient Kryptonians heavily invested in Earth-38 drug laws? Not getting how this advances their agenda.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LongDarkNight posted:

Agree with this 100% but I don't get what Reign's motivation is supposed to be. Are ancient Kryptonians heavily invested in Earth-38 drug laws? Not getting how this advances their agenda.

She's just looking for bodies to drop

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

LongDarkNight posted:

She mentioned something about doing justice, but in the same breath also called herself a world killer who wants it all to burn. So even in the same line of dialogue she can’t decide what her motives are. It’s even weirder that she went after Edge as if he deserved it, she even muttered under her breathe he deserves it. Does she care about justice or does she care about ruling? The writers seem to be all over the place.

Speaking of being all over the place- can anyone explain how the gently caress Samantha/Reign managed to land a job as head of L Corp? The entirety of her character is “constantly late, never has her poo poo together, always bailing, unreliable, losing her god drat mind”. I feel like they are trying to paint her as some power business lady, but holy poo poo she just comes off as a complete gently caress up. Lena must be the worst manager in history to choose that clusterfuck to run her company.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Weird that the finale didn’t acknowledge the crossover at all. Maybe the writing/production schedule of the latter just didn’t allow for it, IDK, but you’d think Alex’s rebound fling with Sara Lance or Kara fighting a different evil mirror of herself last week would at least warrant a mention.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only now getting around to the episode but drat, I liked the Holiday party that did NOT get awkward. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and I loved the detail of Kara pulling the ham from the over with her bare hands.

I'm totally down with J'onn loving ESB and Hall and Oats, one of the few Xmas songs I can stand.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They don't have ribs in the 31st Century? That's a dark future....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a pretty good episode. So I guess 7 years in the future sun didn't do anything for Mon's power levels?