Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i keep looking at this and getting scared that daniel bryan is going to get cleared, and his first match will be against Shane who will clock him in the temple too hard and end his comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wait is daniel bryan back

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

VJeff posted:

- Stop me if you've heard this one before: Daniel Bryan stands in front of a TV, a bunch of women stand on either side of him and talk at him for a while, they all whine about wanting title shots or whatever, some kind of clusterfuck match involving all of them is made, Bryan is exasperated. Road Dogg is a hack.

The last thing I cared about happening in the Smackdown women's division was Carmella winning MITB and that was almost 6 months ago.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Is Charlotte the only face woman on Smackdown?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rhonne posted:

Only active one yes. There is Naomi and Becky but they were written off TV. I guess Riott Squad are tweeners right now though.

Also Riott Squad is significantly better than Absolution in pretty much every way.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 6, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Is becky heel?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

a.lo posted:

Is becky heel?

Becky is dead.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

a.lo posted:

Is becky heel?

Becky's off filming the new Marine movie

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wish Shane McMahon would go away forever
:yeah:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wish Shane McMahon would go away forever

:agreed: Him basically being #2 face on Smackdown is getting silly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP, sorry for the delay but I was celebrating Rusev's well deserved victory :cheers:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

a.lo posted:

who is that

A guy who pretty soon is going to kick Shane McMahon's loving head in.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Shane McMahon superkicked into a vat of boiling broccoli cheese soup.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i keep looking at this and getting scared that daniel bryan is going to get cleared, and his first match will be against Shane who will clock him in the temple too hard and end his comeback

"Hey Shane, drop me on my neck to see if it's healed right."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Shane has the wussiest looking punches in the business, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cabbit posted:

Shane has the wussiest looking punches in the business, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

they look like poo poo but also tend to bust people open cause he sucks at pulling them.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Al Snow playing his greatest hits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teWqfqtROFo

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Cabbit posted:

shane mcmahon is known for potatoing people because he doesn't have a working punch, only shadow boxing that he is too excited to pull off well. often times, real punches look worse than worked ones, unless it is a flash knock out.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Stale Saltines posted:

The last thing I cared about happening in the Smackdown women's division was Carmella winning MITB and that was almost 6 months ago.
I'm not imagining things am I, she still hasn't even attempted to cash that in, right?

Why is she bargaining with Daniel Bryan for a title shot when she's got the MITB case?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

pressedbunny posted:

I'm not imagining things am I, she still hasn't even attempted to cash that in, right?

Why is she bargaining with Daniel Bryan for a title shot when she's got the MITB case?

Bryan actually told her that she could have a title shot when she was asking for one, all she had to do was cash in the case. She immediately hugged it closer, said she was going to hold onto "Frankie" for a bit longer, and they all moved on to making fun of Lana.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Oh, okay. That's not a terribly clever way of writing around it, but at least it's something. I've been feeling like they've forgotten what the case does. Is this the longest someone has had the case without trying to use it?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

pressedbunny posted:

Oh, okay. That's not a terribly clever way of writing around it, but at least it's something. I've been feeling like they've forgotten what the case does. Is this the longest someone has had the case without trying to use it?

I think Rollins waited the longest.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
WWE has been really good these past few weeks. They really seem to be utilizing a lot of their talent a bit more effectively. Jordan is finally doing something compelling, Roman is finally over, Rusev is turning face, Elias is getting better by the week, Corbin is a pretty great heel that people actually dislike, AJ is a fantastic champion, Matt Hardy is woken, the Bludgeon Brothers finally found their way out of that swamp they were shooting promos in, the women's division has a LOT of fresh faces, Asuka's starting to get into an actual feud, even Ziggler was part of a pretty fun Steiner tribute this week.

It's gonna be sad when it dips back down in quality but I'm enjoying the product right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

WWE has an updated card for Clash of Champions following this week’s Smackdown. The show airs December 17th from Boston and airs live on WWE Network. The full card is below:

* WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal
* WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship Lumberjack Match: Charlotte vs. Natalya
* WWE U.S. Championship Match: Baron Corbin vs. Bobby Rodde vs. Dolph Ziggler
* WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos vs. The New Day vs. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable vs. Rusev & Aiden English
* Owens and Zayn’s Careers on the Line: Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura (Special Referee: Shane McMahon)

So what is going on last? The title match or the careers match?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

What the hell is this Shane McMahon storyline?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

tweet my meat posted:

Roman is finally over

If you had told me 3 months ago that this would happen, I'd have laughed in your face. But somehow here we are and I've actually enjoyed Roman's title run so far. It's definitely the best thing they've done with him since the original Shield.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 6, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
'if they made roman actually work a journey for his top spot maybe ppl woudl like him more . . . .'

THREE YEARS LATER

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Rusev and English are delightful :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

So what is going on last? The title match or the careers match?

If Jinder's winning, title match
If Bryan's turning, careers match

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gable and Shelton react to Rusev Day being added to the tag title match

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcV7VoqAfTv/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/2u1rn

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

woof

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Why are they in the match?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I was in the Joe Louis Arena the night Shane McMahon came back for the first time in like 7 years. I jumped out of my chair and cheered and screamed and chanted his name with the thousands of other people in the arena until my throat went hoarse.

Now I would pay any price to get this loving idiot glory hog off my television.

WHY IS HE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER WRESTLER ON SMACKDOWN LIVE!?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Also Riott Squad is significantly better than Absolution in pretty much every way.
Same, but opposite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:agreed: Him basically being #2 face on Smackdown is getting silly.

As the boss he is actually The Face That Runs The Place and the #1 face.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sarah Logan should work on not being a mushmouth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

What's "gay meat"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Fantastic promo from Logan. She's very committed to the southern gimmick, going as far as to mimic having a comically large wad of tobacco in her mouth in her speech patterns, as most southerners do.

• Locked thread