Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I guess I should join a clan for this dumb game. Seems like they finally made it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Which CoO missions are reused for Strikes? I didn’t get them in my heroic strike playlist today.

Do they at least try to make them feel original with new dialogue?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You are as dumb as your forum handle suggests

I really don't get the hooplah over it. The Antiope is just better.

Snuffman posted:

Which CoO missions are reused for Strikes? I didn’t get them in my heroic strike playlist today.

Do they at least try to make them feel original with new dialogue?

I've played through the one with the cyclops boss already and I'm guessing the one with the Cabal guy and maybe the end boss of the story.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 6, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Legs Benedict posted:

they're talking about Heroic Adventures, which are things you trigger from Vance in the Lighthouse and are PL300 with Nightfall-style modifiers

:downs: Oh, huh. That sounds hopefully interesting? But I can see the confusion about content that's normally solo in the first place suddenly designed around "We were kind of expecting a fireteam, even if you can pro shoot your way through solo"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skoll posted:

I haven't done the Heroic milestone yet. Is that poo poo really timed like nightfalls?

The Runner kind of is, and is basically impossible to solo if say, you get Prism on it. But there doesn't seem to be any actual decrease in rewards if the Valus gets away, so :shrug: And if there is a decrease all three adventures I did gave blues so whatever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Orv posted:

The Runner kind of is, and is basically impossible to solo if say, you get Prism on it. But there doesn't seem to be any actual decrease in rewards if the Valus gets away, so :shrug:

They were asking about heroic strike milestone

Orv
May 4, 2011

Norns posted:

They were asking about heroic strike milestone

Off the back of DrNutt mentioning that it lets you finish the mission anyway if you miss the timer, yes, hence the comment about The Runner.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
How do you actually obtain a lost prophecies quest? Brother Vance only has a heroic adventure quest available to me. I've finished the expac campaign and the three adventures. :confused:

Orv
May 4, 2011

treizebee posted:

How do you actually obtain a lost prophecies quest? Brother Vance only has a heroic adventure quest available to me. I've finished the expac campaign and the three adventures. :confused:

You have to do one heroic adventure, that's the last content gate. Do The Up and Up if you're solo.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Haaaa that's the one I chose on a whim.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'll restate that I am not saying that they intentionally balanced the heroic adventures for a full fireteam, but it seems like it's definitely some of the most difficult single player destiny content I've played. Does anyone know if you get a bonus or anything for hitting the time limit?

Also, I thought before I took my first heroic adventure that it said you could only do one per day, but after I did mine I was able to grab another one right away. :confused:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DrNutt posted:

I'll restate that I am not saying that they intentionally balanced the heroic adventures for a full fireteam, but it seems like it's definitely some of the most difficult single player destiny content I've played. Does anyone know if you get a bonus or anything for hitting the time limit?

Also, I thought before I took my first heroic adventure that it said you could only do one per day, but after I did mine I was able to grab another one right away. :confused:

if you complete the adventure with the optional success modifier (Fallen: timer, Hive: don’t allow Hive on the plate, Cabal: no checkpoints) you get a “glimmering chest” with a guaranteed purple that i think is level appropriate

also yeah I think it bugged

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Testing out the positive outlook, I think its worse than the uriels when you use the first two scopes and kill clip isnt all that exciting compared to the same thing on an antiope. The standout part of this weapon is the long range scope and the range stats to support it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Directly compared to a cuboid, PO has 90% of the base damage but better stability, much better range, and a slightly better zoom on the scope.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao they’re literally going to need another Taken King like expansion to save this mess

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Played thru the campaign, ran a Heroic Strike, got a few Exotics, a Gray Pigeon (cargo net ship), a Curse of Foresight (Sparrow with Vex-y art/contrail), the sweeper bot emote, an Exotic Ghost that summons Sparrows quickly/reloads while I ride/gives telemetry on any elemental kill, and the dope Eververse Warlock robes. Only problem was that more than once I dropped into an empty phase in the EDZ, but outside of that it's been aces. It's about what I expect for $20 ($15 with the expansion pass/digital deluxe), especially since we're getting more updates starting next week.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lmao they’re literally going to need another Taken King like expansion to save this mess

i mean they were already going to be releasing something in the same time frame so

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Anyone know if cryptarch engrams that he sells can contain exotics?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

poemdexter posted:

Anyone know if cryptarch engrams that he sells can contain exotics?
Probably not, though I could have sworn I heard someone mention that Xur would eventually have a "Roll for an Exotic you do not own yet" option. I would assume if so, for the usual below par light level to ensure no using Grind A to get past Grind B.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Section Z posted:

Probably not, though I could have sworn I heard someone mention that Xur would eventually have a "Roll for an Exotic you do not own yet" option. I would assume if so, for the usual below par light level to ensure no using Grind A to get past Grind B.
Yeah, starting Dec 12:

quote:

Every week, you’ll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren’t already in your collection

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

lmao I unlocked the Ophidians and they are as top-tier as everyone is saying. Subclass-neutral exotic for warlocks that improves outright your melee lunge range and your gunplay, without activation conditions? Ridiculous.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Ghaul? This is John Ghaul speaking. I am the man who loves his Light. I am the man who does not sacrifice his Legion or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of Light and thus has destroyed your world..."

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Have y'all noticed that Icarus Dash is lousy on PC? About half the time it does what it's supposed to:
https://imgur.com/W7tWB24

And the rest of the time, it does this instead:
https://imgur.com/HbVhred

The kicker is that using vsync to cap the game to 30 FPS solves this issue. Loving that port life

Surely there's at least one other stubborn Dawnblade out there who feels my pain on this

Edit: ugh how do i embed these

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

trace rifles are going to look good in pvp because it tracks assists as ‘eliminations’ and it’s hella easy to tag people w them

I don't wanna go crazy here, but I think this gun literally renders all other guns irrelevant in PvP. As in, you might as well not ever pick up Power Ammo kind of strong. I killed three enemies standing beside one another in less than half a second of fire. The TTK is basically the same as Antiope-D at point blank, except for every range. poo poo is nutso, it has nothing to do with tagging people. I haven't lost a straight fight using it once in 4 consecutive games.

I guess get this gun and own bones while you still can? Do they ever hotfix things? Trials and Crucible looks like it's gonna be laser tag from now on.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Jeza posted:

I don't wanna go crazy here, but I think this gun literally renders all other guns irrelevant in PvP. As in, you might as well not ever pick up Power Ammo kind of strong. I killed three enemies standing beside one another in less than half a second of fire. The TTK is basically the same as Antiope-D at point blank, except for every range. poo poo is nutso, it has nothing to do with tagging people. I haven't lost a straight fight using it once in 4 consecutive games.

I guess get this gun and own bones while you still can? Do they ever hotfix things? Trials and Crucible looks like it's gonna be laser tag from now on.

Yeah it's 100% busted.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp

(not my clip)

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Space Hamlet posted:

Have y'all noticed that Icarus Dash is lousy on PC? About half the time it does what it's supposed to:
https://imgur.com/W7tWB24

And the rest of the time, it does this instead:
https://imgur.com/HbVhred

The kicker is that using vsync to cap the game to 30 FPS solves this issue. Loving that port life

Surely there's at least one other stubborn Dawnblade out there who feels my pain on this

Edit: ugh how do i embed these

poo poo, I just thought it was a garbage trap option. Every day I get a little saltier at the PC treatment.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

About the traveler in past mercury , I think the obvious explanation is that the traveler is a machine, not a self-aware creature. So everyone in the know kind of ignore it, is not a enemy, only a resource to be harvested. Ingame we are presented with the arrival of the vex, and the traveler was already in mercury, so the logical follow is that the traveler is not vex. Or at least is not part of the vex just now. Is also interesting that the place we use to rez sakira is a vex rock. So theres some relationship vex-traveler-ghosts.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I was exploring around Mercury and saw a line pop up in the bottom left that said "Lost chest unlocked..." or something like that. Anyone know what that refers to? Is it something I did somehow or is it a global message?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bonk posted:

I was exploring around Mercury and saw a line pop up in the bottom left that said "Lost chest unlocked..." or something like that. Anyone know what that refers to? Is it something I did somehow or is it a global message?

I believe is a global message. Is not the chest in the social area because I saw the message too and I was there. The chest in the social area can be opened by activating the symbols in the right order.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bonk posted:

There's a small event where Cabal and Vex are fighting each other that has a chest involved, typical kill X to unlock thing.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

In case anyone cares, looks like you break the new softcap around 310 light (you start getting 302 blues) pretty consistent with the old system

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bugs:

Infinite ammo bug on the wild
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7hv31h/broken_lucky_pants_bug_infinite_primary_clip/

OP broken weapon in the wild
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7hvwjk/trials_is_100_getting_canceled_this_weekend/

Have fun in trials!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Stormgale posted:

In case anyone cares, looks like you break the new softcap around 310 light (you start getting 302 blues) pretty consistent with the old system
Thanks for the heads up. Has it been nailed down where the new point Blues finally catch up to Purples again? Though I suppose maybe I'll be finally saving up on shards in the meantime when it's back to blues not even being worth thinking about as fusion fodder. "Cool, I got a 303 cape from a purple engram. Let's feed that to my Crucible cape for one shard. Oh hey I got a blue cape, what's that? 298. Into the garbage you go immediately."

EDIT: But seriously, this is going to save me so many shards in the short term by stopping me from spending 4 shards a pop at the drop of a hat to infuse blues into my backup pants and butt cape wardrobe.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Control Volume posted:

Testing out the positive outlook, I think its worse than the uriels when you use the first two scopes and kill clip isnt all that exciting compared to the same thing on an antiope. The standout part of this weapon is the long range scope and the range stats to support it.

I've been trying Positive Outlook and it's going straight to the Vault. It's definitely not doing damage comparable to my Uriel's that is 15 levels lower until you trigger Kill Clip - which as a Titan you probably never will, because War Rig doesn't seem to count as reloading.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Just got this game, joined [TIME], and am enjoying the game as I 'level'. Don't care much (nor need to) about the writing, and it'll be weeks before I can even parse most of the jargon going through this thread :v:

Happy to be aboard.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'll wait until next week's update and raid lair availability until passing opinion on CoO but right now I don't think it's really much of an improvement over Dark Below at the same stage of Destiny 1's life. The team was supposed to improve their output by now. The amount paid for this expansion was definitely excessive.

edit: I was also really attentive to the story but I have no idea what the "curse" of osiris actually is.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 6, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'll wait until next week's update and raid lair availability until passing opinion on CoO but right now I don't think it's really much of an improvement over Dark Below at the same stage of Destiny 1's life. The team was supposed to improve their output by now. The amount paid for this expansion was definitely excessive.

edit: I was also really attentive to the story but I have no idea what the "curse" of osiris actually is.

He gets to gently caress around in time with all his time clones forever, loving up robots and aliens. It's a real burden.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The infinite forest takes longer to walk through than it does to kill the enemies. If they cranked up the mob density by like 200% they'd probably approximate something close to fun.

e: Two tokens and TWO BLUES.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah my chief complaint is that the entire expansion was about Ilona and Osiris and we don’t know anything about either of them.

What is the Curse (“I have to hunt Vex across every timeline or they win?”)

Why would you exile the most powerful guardian?

How was this all so long ago that a cult (of one man!?!) sprang up around him and wrote books about it?

Why is Sagira a female? Pre-Press made that seem important and it isn’t

I bought the season pass and so the money getting spent months ago means I don’t care but after logging off last night I’m echoing the sentiment that I definitely feel like I’ve gotten content patches bigger than this for free in other games. As an Xpansion the only parts expanding are the weapon/mod system mechanics and a new set of raid events, but the gameplay loop remains totally unchanged as it is, I guess I was hoping the infinite forest would be a little more in depth.

I was expecting a procedurally generated dungeon that used every environmental tile set in the game and mix-up enemy spawns so I’d be fighting Harpies and Knights and Legionnaires all at once and then a boss fight, basically Nephalem Rifts from Diablo 3.

It’s Moot because I enjoy farming my light up to cap and I wanna try the new broken deathlaser but if you were on the fence about Destiny 2 than CoO isn’t gonna change your opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I was expecting a procedurally generated dungeon that used every environmental tile set in the game and mix-up enemy spawns so I’d be fighting Harpies and Knights and Legionnaires all at once and then a boss fight, basically Nephalem Rifts from Diablo 3.

It feels like all the necessary pieces are already in the game to create a game mode like Diablo 3 Rifts. You have a first half that is this sort of procedurally generated dungeon, then a final level with a mini boss. The heroic modifiers mean there can also be an even harder version of this stuff. Just put in a cooler boss at the end from a pool of based on the campaign bosses, instead of just an high target value, and you got something that people will happily do over and over again. Put in seasonal leader boards and it's half way to fix D2 end content.

Though I'm willing to bet the reason you don't see more mixed enemies in the forest rooms is that they all programmed to fight each other if they come in contact.

• Locked thread