Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
finally saw the woken matt hardy video and i hope he deletes bray wyatt permanently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She at least got through the portion of her promo at ringside without stumbling on her words, but that backstage bit was rough.

I also loved Graves asking incredulously, "Can anyone tell me what a pah-pah is?" or whatever she mumbled into the microphone.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

finally saw the woken matt hardy video and i hope he deletes bray wyatt permanently

Hot angle that has crowd investment, but came from outside the McMahon think tank?

Bray finally going to get a win!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

She at least got through the portion of her promo at ringside without stumbling on her words, but that backstage bit was rough.
My favorite part of her ringside promo was this post after she said whatever about a dog and rocking chairs

shiksa posted:

lmao my wife uses that saying and it drives me insane.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I do like Rusev......but 'Rusev day' is so ludicrously overdone as a catchphrase and concept. I know it's been said a million times, but gently caress the writers. That's actually the team name "Rusev day".

pressedbunny posted:

I'm not imagining things am I, she still hasn't even attempted to cash that in, right?

Why is she bargaining with Daniel Bryan for a title shot when she's got the MITB case?

She has one mega-title shot. But she would like regular ones as well - more opportunities is good. Plus if you get fluke rolled up when you think you had the match in the bag? MITB time!

pressedbunny posted:

Oh, okay. That's not a terribly clever way of writing around it, but at least it's something. I've been feeling like they've forgotten what the case does. Is this the longest someone has had the case without trying to use it?

in about 120 days she will surpass Edge's record.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senerio posted:

Why are they in the match?

But...why are they in the match?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

rovert posted:

What's "gay meat"?
My nickname in certain parts of town.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I missed Smackdown because instead of watching it I just slept for like a dozen hours. Did we find out if Ascension is ok? :ohdear:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Drew Gulak is the best heel in the WWE

fight me about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would watch an entire 2 hours of Daniel Bryan silently reacting to things

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

But...why are they in the match?

WHY are they in the match?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's your favorite part of the Smackdown women's division:

1. The babyfaces and heels standing side by side bickering at each other and saying their catchphrases, just like real people would do in a real conflict

2. The same thing, but with Naomi and Becky written off so there's literally no babyfaces left besides the champ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

If Jinder's winning, title match
If Bryan's turning, careers match

shane's turning

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

shane's turning

I’m turning

on

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just wanna see Bryan knee Shane's dumb face off. Then bring Nigel up so he can be Commissioner of Smackdown in addition to his NXT commentary duties.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

like, even if they try to sell it as bryan heel, we've been down this road about a billion times at this point. nobody is going to boo him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senerio posted:

WHY are they in the match?

Why are they in the match, though?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How about Shane just goes the gently caress away forever? Why is he still here? Wasn't Hell in a Cell supposed to be the big blowoff with his Owens feud? Way to put over the "punishment" of that Satanic structure by coming back 2 weeks later and naming yourself Survivor Series captain. And also being the last badass survivor on your team, effortlessly fighting off Sami and Kevin 1-on-2, and still almost winning the match.

loving hell, HHH would blush at this Mary Sue booking.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i hate shane's push more than i hate jinder's

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

IcePhoenix posted:

Why are they in the match, though?

We know why they're in the match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i hate shane's push more than i hate jinder's

at least jinder (as far as I know) isn't booking his own push.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Klauser posted:

We know why they're in the match.

Why are they in the match?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

How about Shane just goes the gently caress away forever? Why is he still here? Wasn't Hell in a Cell supposed to be the big blowoff with his Owens feud? Way to put over the "punishment" of that Satanic structure by coming back 2 weeks later and naming yourself Survivor Series captain. And also being the last badass survivor on your team, effortlessly fighting off Sami and Kevin 1-on-2, and still almost winning the match.

loving hell, HHH would blush at this Mary Sue booking.

Here's the thing, on SmackDown they keep saying Sami and Kevin cost SmackDown the match, but, what the gently caress are you actually talking about. Braun Strowman murdered three guys on team SmackDown and was about to kill Shane before the HHH/Angle drama happened. Sami and Kevin had zero effect on the outcome of that match. Nobody in that match was capable of doing poo poo to Strowman. They lost because they didn't have a plan for Strowman. The entire plot of Survivor Series is that when Strowman and Roman weren't around, SmackDown kicked the crap out of Raw, but then Strowman and Roman came back and they pissed off Kurt enough to get personally involved and Raw immediately started beating SmackDown to within an inch of its life.

If this story were good, it'd be about how Shane is trying to cover for his myriad of failures as captain and commissioner by using Sami and Kevin as scapegoats.

The funniest part is last time, the year Shane didn't intentionally make himself part of the team and there was actually a decent story reason for him to be there, there clearly was a plan in place to deal with Strowman and they executed it and it worked and they won. Shane got way dumber and way more high on his own farts over the course of a year of being commissioner.

Wazzu posted:

I do like Rusev......but 'Rusev day' is so ludicrously overdone as a catchphrase and concept. I know it's been said a million times, but gently caress the writers. That's actually the team name "Rusev day".

He should still be Handsome Rusev, imo

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 6, 2017

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Shane is too much of a focus on SDL but at least with the holidays coming, we're bound to get a few weeks off.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Idea: Make Mark Henry the new Commissioner of SmackDown Live. It's low impact, he would get back on screen more, he is really good at promos, and when he brutally murders people like Shane did, it would be believable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Idea: Make Mark Henry the new Commissioner of SmackDown Live. It's low impact, he would get back on screen more, he is really good at promos, and when he brutally murders people like Shane did, it would be believable.

Oh my god authority figure Mark Henry would be the loving best

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Henry would be better because Shane just does not come off like a credible threat with his dogshit offense and terrible ring psychology. We at least know that Henry is still capable of laying out a motherfucker if he's pushed, Shane is just gonna do his lovely skips and whiffy punches while better performers are forced to sell him like death itself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

Holy poo poo this would be incredible. He can wear the pink suit all the time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

plus the Brand Supremacy would be funnier if it was Steph being smug and trying to get everyone fired while Mark Henry no sold all of it with a calm, dadly demeanor before simply throwing the RAW locker room into the heart of the sea with his strength.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I am in love with this idea now. Sami Zayn tries to mouth off, Sami Zayn gets thrown into a black hole like Mark did to that cameraman one time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

I didn't realize until I read this that this is actually my perfect dream. loving hell, I'm mad now because I know it'll never happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Plus the dichotomy of Kurt, HHH, and Steph on RAW bickering and having power plays and everything they do vs the warm yet chill, cable-knit sweater based Smackdown government of opportunity and encouragement with the occasional World's Strongest Slam would be nice.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus the dichotomy of Kurt, HHH, and Steph on RAW bickering and having power plays and everything they do vs the warm yet chill, cable-knit sweater based Smackdown government of opportunity and encouragement with the occasional World's Strongest Slam would be nice.

Also when they do The World's Strongest Secret Son, they can sign Keith Lee

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Henry would be better because Shane just does not come off like a credible threat with his dogshit offense and terrible ring psychology. We at least know that Henry is still capable of laying out a motherfucker if he's pushed, Shane is just gonna do his lovely skips and whiffy punches while better performers are forced to sell him like death itself.

shane is The Best Wrestler On The Roster though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shane is The Best Wrestler On The Roster though

Half of his singles matches this year have been MOTYCs, a stunning percentage.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Holy poo poo this would be incredible. He can wear the pink suit all the time

Mark would never wear a pink suit as the representative of the BLUE brand.

He'd wear a wonderful baby blue suit.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Half of his singles matches this year have been MOTYCs, a stunning percentage.

technically only %33.3 but that's still an amazing average

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oh wait you said singles matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's a great idea until you realize Henry would probably injure himself walking down to the ring.

• Locked thread