Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Weird meltdown

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/938149203251027973
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/938370300131119105

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

https://www.reddit.com/r/FailedGamedevs/ ?

That seems very obsessed and small.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SCtrumpHaters posted:

See? These are complete retards.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I agree with the sentiment. Now maybe endeaver to be smarter than them about SC.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

so was r/ds

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FailedGamedevs/ ?

I think at some point there was talk amongst the most hosed up /r/ds guys of making another one that wasn't /r/failedgamedevs, but I don't know for sure because lol who actually cares.

It'd be funny though if their "victory" is actually "Well we had to make a private subreddit to continue doing our hosed up stalking because otherwise we'd all get kicked off reddit" lmao

Great win, guys.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I agree with the sentiment. Now maybe endeaver to be smarter than them about SC.

Whats smart about giving someone 1000$ when I can get a similar experience for 60$?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Whats smart about giving someone 1000$ when I can get a similar experience for 60$?

Sorry, I meant to ask "Whats smart about posting your testicles online ?"

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Sickening posted:

It still seems weird that someone would pay 10 bucks to post ONLY about star citizen here.

Even weirder than someone paying 10 bucks only to be able to read here? Oh drat...

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rugganovich posted:

Brave Bull (tequila and kahlua on ice) or go home

I believe thats called a black mexican.

Archered from archer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Abuminable posted:

Chris promised "more lethal FPS gameplay than CoD." He actually kept a promise.

Ooooh, I totally see what you did there, man. Brutal takedown that. :grin:

:masterstroke:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Keep trying.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

In times like this I think it's always important to remember that Citizens are the reasonable ones, simply trying to calmly and factually correct the misrepresentation of a video ga-

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

mrchinchin25 posted:

Yeah its what Tooterfish said - time dilation works where from your perspective: only 10 years has passed but for everyone else 20 years has passed.

In the Forever War (excellent book by the way), by the time the protagonist is fighting the recruit he's been from his perspective fighting on/off for the best part of 10 years, but from humanities perspective he's been in combat for 500 years. He's promoted to Major simply because he's been around for so long.

I can't remember the specifics of the fight scene and why he wins 'easily' though, although it is quite funny from what I remember.

Well worth a read for anyone who wants a good look at how time dilation could affect astronauts and is quite a lively read

Indeed the forever war was an excellent book.

Star citizen: the forever development

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SD's new shtick is that star citizen is a success because they have a captive audience of sunk cost whales that will give CIG money no matter what they do. It doesn't matter that 3.0 is a complete piece of poo poo, these people have to convince themselves it's the best game to ever game and they have to shout it from the rooftops. It doesn't matter that no game resembling the pitch is ever coming because as long as they can theory craft bullshit like people stealing their meds they will continue to buy whatever CIG sells. When they sell jpeg buildings for the fake moon property in a few weeks or months the same people that buy stuff every sale will buy that and CIG will make millions. They have enough whales that are willing to throw a few thousand at them every few paychecks that they will survive.

He's not arguing that SC is good or that CIG is good he's just saying they aren't going anywhere because like a booby streamer on twitch they have enough whales stuck in that they can just go on and on.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

thatguy posted:

There must be fifty ways to slay your spaceman.

”Just get out of bed, Ted...
Clip out of your ship, Chip...
No need to have fun, son -
Just listen to me.”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

In times like this I think it's always important to remember that Citizens are the reasonable ones, simply trying to calmly and factually correct the misrepresentation of a video ga-

wow wtf

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I know it's wrong to threaten people, or dwell on misfortune they may suffer, but can I at least hope he suffers uncurable gangrene of the penis?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Derek Smart vs Chris Roberts in The Forever Warlord

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Meanwhile, over on eBay (it's real), there are Star Citizen packages going for $12K

----------------

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

Meanwhile, over on eBay (it's real), there are Star Citizen packages going for $12K

I feel like any employee with the ability to create accounts and add ships to an account, this would be low hanging fruit.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
If this is true, we're going to have a smashingly hilarious Christmas 2017

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/938466461445754880

----------------

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
I've been catching up on my phone because my computer exploded and your smear campaign made me so angry I just had to set you guys straight, despite hating phone posting

Irrefutable proof that CIG don't have any of that "spinlock" poo poo in their code

loving FUD, I swear

Edit: loving phone, where's my image

Edit 2: well i don't loving know

Edit 3: hey, turns out I hate the imgur app

Mangoose fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 6, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mangoose posted:

I've been catching up on my phone because my computer exploded and your smear campaign made me so angry I just had to set you guys straight, despite hating phone posting

Irrefutable proof that CIG don't have any of that "spinlock" poo poo in their code

loving FUD, I swear

Are you playing Star Citizen?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

How could he? StarCitizen isn't even a game.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm just trying to embed a stupid gif in my post like the rest of you hackers do all the time. Maybe I hosed up the source

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mangoose posted:

loving FUD, I swear

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 6, 2017

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

o7 commando

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Sickening posted:

I feel like any employee with the ability to create accounts and add ships to an account, this would be low hanging fruit.

There were rumors that employees get an insane employee discount and that they were encouraged to buy ships, even if they were going to flip them on the grey market for more than they paid. That would account for the occasional 15k spike you see in some of the graphs. They could be another employee spending 7.5k on a 15k package and flipping it for 10k. CIG marks up the whole transaction without the discounts, the employee gets 2.5k and the backer gets a cheaper set of ships, a set that can't be refunded ever.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Mangoose posted:

I'm just trying to embed a stupid gif in my post like the rest of you hackers do all the time. Maybe I hosed up the source

Pffft. No need to be angry. Did you buy said gif/jpeg?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Tnuctip posted:

Indeed the forever war was an excellent book.

Star citizen: the forever development

Star Citizen: The Forever Store

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll be honest with you: I hadn't really though about SA much since EVE, and never felt compelled to "join the conversation" until SC (being that I'm an uber backer and all that). I have other, more regional forums I visit for my hobbies in shooting, fishing, martial arts, etc.

What sort of shooting are you into? I just got into archery and crossbows and it is a lot of fun. And which Martial Arts do you take interest with?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pffft. No need to be angry. Did you buy said gif/jpeg?

Why, are you a cop?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

DapperDon posted:

And which Martial Arts do you take interest with?

Chris Cant Do

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 6, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is awesome, because the only thing they don’t say here is “after only 6 years of development!”

You will have you game... if you live forever and Chris Roberts passes it off to another person who will take up the flag when it’s 20 years from now and there is 15 moons and 3 planets in the game. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

DapperDon posted:

What sort of shooting are you into? I just got into archery and crossbows and it is a lot of fun. And which Martial Arts do you take interest with?

He's shooting for the stars, obviously