Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Rebeltaxi here and

no but seriously if its not anime why are you still watching cartoons they're for children

unless its on adult swim or fox or something

also those obscure references hidden in shows are for adults watching the show with their children not for grown adult men who haven't grown up in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
i only watch finger family videos now

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Magius1337est posted:

if its not anime

I think you'll find anime is cartoons for children too, hth manchild OP

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
also I just realized, it's really dumb that DeviantArt isn't some sort of newgrounds type hub for watching animated videos when they already have all the artists and poo poo on one site

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I watch cartoons because it's basically the only form of television left that included any semblance of hope or sense of adventure. Adult TV is either sitcoms about self centered urbanites doing self centered urbanite things or hour long dramas full of grimdark reality and poo poo. I mean gently caress they can't even make a loving Star Trek series that isn't all dark and brooding, all the superhero and scifi shows are bad and/or grimdark and there's like a billion different iterations of shows about cops dealing with murderers and rapists and other terrible people.

So gently caress you Ima watch the new Duck Tales cartoon because I need a pick-me-up. Seriously watch the new Duck Tales, it's legit.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
tell me more about how adult you are since you watch anime and family guy instead of adventure time.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
media consumption of any form is a passive loser activity. telling yourself that your worthless waste of time media consumption is actually good because of *arbitrary sorting mechanism* is the ultimate loser activity because you trick yourself into believing that a worthless life waster is anything else.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

EvilJoven posted:

I watch cartoons because it's basically the only form of television left that included any semblance of hope or sense of adventure. Adult TV is either sitcoms about self centered urbanites doing self centered urbanite things or hour long dramas full of grimdark reality and poo poo. I mean gently caress they can't even make a loving Star Trek series that isn't all dark and brooding, all the superhero and scifi shows are bad and/or grimdark and there's like a billion different iterations of shows about cops dealing with murderers and rapists and other terrible people.

So gently caress you Ima watch the new Duck Tales cartoon because I need a pick-me-up. Seriously watch the new Duck Tales, it's legit.

same but its the only medium that has any expectation of experimentation in story telling and stuff

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
also I hate how these media companies still expect people to pay for physical DVDs of old cartoons instead of just dumping them on netflix or whatever so new kids can experience them again

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I watched Big Mouth, op, does that count for anything?

PREDICTED RESPONSE: "It counts for you watching a bad show, dumbshit"

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Magius1337est posted:

also those obscure references hidden in shows are for adults watching the show with their children not for grown adult men who haven't grown up in life

:agreed:

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Ocean Book posted:

media consumption of any form is a passive loser activity. telling yourself that your worthless waste of time media consumption is actually good because of *arbitrary sorting mechanism* is the ultimate loser activity because you trick yourself into believing that a worthless life waster is anything else.

yeah, suck it you mindless consumers.

*masturbates for 5 hours*

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Anime panders to its adult, male audience with submissive female caricatures. Kids cartoons throw an occasional reference or gag in that adults will get a chuckle out of.

That said adults who consider themselves in cartoon "fandoms" are mostly human garbage.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Ocean Book posted:

What about reading books?

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
I'm the animator working on a boring series sucking the energy out of my soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5isW_UuvcY

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Cartoons, OP? Oh yes, those little moving funnypages things I occasionally saw on Saturday mornings when I was a lad. Quite diverting. You're saying those are still around?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nope

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Only while I'm sucking my GIRFRIEND off

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Popeye cartoons own

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
I would probably still watch those old looney tunes and merrie melodies they used to run on saturday mornings if i could

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

this thread is for cartoon clips now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Dh92ty9Dw

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Pube Factory posted:

I would probably still watch those old looney tunes and merrie melodies they used to run on saturday mornings if i could

I don't get why they're not on youtube because they're the perfect length for having commercials before and after

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Dont know about you guys but the flash tub is what drew me into this website

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i only read sophisticated books about vampires :smug:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I would watch Tom & Jerry if I could tho

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pp_nZldtTQ

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
More like Scooby Don't

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF3pAFzOwY

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
It sucks so many shows failed because they couldn't get a slot in the broadcast schedule, luckily nowadays anyone can broadcast their show whenever since everything is on demand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9XK6zlMDqw

hopefully we start getting specialized and decent shows again that aren't lowest common denominator poo poo

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Neukoln19 posted:

What about reading books?

the same deal. i was being hyperbolic about the evils of media consumption becuase obviously a good story is good and all need to chillax during our days.

i was not being hyperbolic (because it is impossible to do so) about the evils of awarding yourself positive self-image points because you consume x media and dont consume y media. that applies as well to 'oh i dont watch images, i just shut out all of reality by looking at text instead'.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Ocean Book posted:

the same deal. i was being hyperbolic about the evils of media consumption becuase obviously a good story is good and all need to chillax during our days.

i was not being hyperbolic (because it is impossible to do so) about the evils of awarding yourself positive self-image points because you consume x media and dont consume y media. that applies as well to 'oh i dont watch images, i just shut out all of reality by looking at text instead'.

yeah yeah, good thing we have you here to arbitrarily tell us which activities give our life meaning

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pitdragon posted:

yeah yeah, good thing we have you here to arbitrarily tell us which activities give our life meaning

Actually he was speaking out against that.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I watch King of the Hill but it's not a cartoon; it's an animated sitcom

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
animation is cool, you can make stories that take place in wild and colorful universes and do away with some of the rules of realism to tell fun stories, so yeah I will gladly watch some cartoons or anime or whatever if it interests me, and why wouldn't you?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

no, i just pretend to to impress people online.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
what are the child cartoon advertising laws again?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I went to a theatrical showing of Spirited Away a year or so ago and I don't want to be associated with the other people who were attending. That was the last cartoon I watched.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

I went to a theatrical showing of Spirited Away a year or so ago and I don't want to be associated with the other people who were attending. That was the last cartoon I watched.

I saw Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke in theaters recently and both times were awesome :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

try picking up a book about the complex relationships of vampires and teenagers

• Locked thread