Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is the new weekly weapon quest linked to account or can you do one on each character you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you can do three a week (four your first week). i don’t know if you can or can’t do it across characters but doing nine a week is a fairly big time investment.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do you really need to buy the DLC to raise your power cap? Does that mean you are basically locked out of even the base game raid without the DLC

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
That Selfie Emote....

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do you really need to buy the DLC to raise your power cap? Does that mean you are basically locked out of even the base game raid without the DLC

yep! thanks bungie

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m guessing reddit is blowing up over this:

https://kotaku.com/high-level-destiny-2-activities-are-now-locked-behind-d-1821058051

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Guys, the Machina Dei 4 from the forge is really good. I wasn't hugely impressed by the scout or handcannon, but this is a loving great pulse.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yep! thanks bungie

Really gonna take my time leveling...

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I hear there is a game breaking pvp weapon with this expansion.. What's it called so I can YouTube it.

Crucible matches right now are players without Prometheus followers players who have it and leeching off kills while avoiding incoming red lasers of death.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oh word?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Is the new weekly weapon quest linked to account or can you do one on each character you have?

Weekly weapon quest?

and this concentrated radiolarian cluster does not want to drop for me.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yep! thanks bungie

i’m pretty sure all you’re locked out of is the prestige nightfall and the prestige raid, ie anything that now requires more than 305 light level

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

"Yikes." Schreier is such a goob.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I actually didn’t know they did that. Haha!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I swear if the next loving exotic engram I get gives me a fourth set of loving sunbracers just going to jump right off the tower.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
I selected and completed one of the Heroic Infinite Forest things and now they are all red and say 'already active' two days in a row (only the heroic ones, the normal ones I can select). Anyone else got this?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[clutches my chest dramatically while i stagger around] my... my cheevos....

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Has bungie announced an incoming hotfix for whatever the hell weapon makes crucible absolutely unplayable right now?

That's my only complaint. Liking the expansion/DLC otherwise.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eej posted:

The new monarchy ornaments are by far the best. The Hunter gear which is unfortunately mobility comes with a gold plated arm.

They improved baseline regeneration enough that going more into mobility/resilience feels perfectly viable. I even prefer mobility now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you can now also put resilience on your arms, another new change that i like.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Everyone keeps talking about how small Mercury is. But it's not small enough to keep me from wishing I could summon my sparrow :doh: Stealing the occasional interceptor is not the same.

Also, my first time taking the public jump gates and immediately dying upon the edge of the exit ring, even after making sure to take my hands off the keyboard and mouse. And more deaths, and more. loving hunter jumps.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you can now also put resilience on your arms, another new change that i like.
I discovered this because it went straight to my mailbox alongside the new transmat effects from lack of inventory space :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 7, 2017

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

pmchem posted:

Has bungie announced an incoming hotfix for whatever the hell weapon makes crucible absolutely unplayable right now?

That's my only complaint. Liking the expansion/DLC otherwise.

They've announced that they're going to discuss it in their next blog post :downs:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Minrad posted:

thats a rad as hell gun wizard

I think the titan looks better with it though

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I never played destiny 1, but isn't this whole fiasco a beat-for-beat rehash of all the problems with the first game? I can understand rushing to release and hotfixing everything for a year because your game wasn't done, hell that's literally every title that's come out since 2012. But at least come up with new dumb poo poo for people to be mad about, is that too much to ask?

anyway i'm gonna grind for one of those prometheus things so I can win a crucible match for once in my life.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol i'm never paying for a bungie product again

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

They've announced that they're going to discuss it in their next blog post :downs:

What's to discuss?? "yo dawgs, we hosed up, hotfixing today"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean gating the most up-to-date content is a something all MMOs do.

This does mean admitting D2 is an MMO though.

Once every two weeks for me

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

That Selfie Emote....

It really is the greatest, isn't it? I got super lucky with my level 24 bright engram.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pomp posted:

lol i'm never paying for a bungie product again

Are you mad enough to commit Technically Not Fraud? https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7i1l2n/you_can_get_sonyms_to_refund_your_purchase_thanks/

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm kind of a big fan of how the iron banner shaders work on the future war cult items:

Noice

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Control Volume posted:

[clutches my chest dramatically while i stagger around] my... my cheevos....

Just lmao if you didn't plat Destiny 2 in like week two or three. Like, I think the only other plats I have are from the telltale games. That's how easy D2 plat was.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/938163/senior-progression-designer---live

who said they wanted to work at bungie to make destiny 2 great again, because if you've wanted to make shareholders happy and increase bright engram sales, well, this is your chance

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Man, I know it's been discussed, but I just got rolled by a 4-man premade with a Lens on everyone and that was dumb as gently caress.

They really gotta do something ASAP.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Xarbala posted:

I mean gating the most up-to-date content is a something all MMOs do.

This has been a common misconception about the blowback.

New content behind DLC has always been accepted and is part of the life cycle of games like these.

The anger stems from Bungie deciding to take vanilla content (prestige) and put it behind a DLC, effectively forcing you to buy back content you originally purchased.

I can't think of any other game that has done that blatantly.

e: Complaints about the actual DLC itsself is probably due to having no real content or rewards for playing the expac (apart from that niche exotic) and everything else that is new was put in Eververse. The lost prophecy weapons appear to be extremely underwhelming apart from having cool designs.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 7, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

treizebee posted:

This has been a common misconception about the blowback.

New content behind DLC has always been accepted and is part of the life cycle of games like these.

Bungie also decided to take vanilla content (prestige) and put it behind a DLC, effectively forcing you to buy back content you originally purchased.

Alright, that is pretty lovely yeah.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, I know it's been discussed, but I just got rolled by a 4-man premade with a Lens on everyone and that was dumb as gently caress.

They really gotta do something ASAP.

expect a blog post letting you know that they'll fix it and then nothing doing until tuesday, b/c it costs too much to push hotfixes live on consoles

then you're very unlikely to be let down, and if they subvert your expectations it'll be a nice surprise

treizebee posted:

destiny 1

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Minrad posted:

expect a blog post letting you know that they'll fix it and then nothing doing until tuesday, b/c it costs too much to push hotfixes live on consoles

That's fair, I forgot all about that.

At least I finished Call to Arms already. Guess I'll take the rest of the week off from Crucible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I kinda feel like this is kind of a hypothetical outrage because if you're hardcore enough to want to be doing prestige modes, are you also not the most likely to want to purchase the dlc and keep current? Like who the hell is running prestige content on the regular and satisfied with the vanilla content???

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Mercury forge Weapons Impressions:

- Garden Progeny scout rifle. classic scout rifle, usable, not bad or interesting, but is decent enough for some scouting. the sight is a bit too big.
- Jack Queen King 3. hand canon. Boring,did not had anything that really impressed me.
- Machina Dei 4. Pulse rifle. Good but kind of slow.

I have yet to see anything that impress me here. Will still farm more mats to produce all of the verses if are made available.

Same, but tougher on the scout. Pulse is almost great but that slow rof is disappointing. Working on the last available verse now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I kinda feel like this is kind of a hypothetical outrage because if you're hardcore enough to want to be doing prestige modes, are you also not the most likely to want to purchase the dlc and keep current? Like who the hell is running prestige content on the regular and satisfied with the vanilla content???

It's definitely a perception thing. Like why giving an xp bonus for changing activities would be seen as only positive, while an xp penalty for repeating activities looks shady when it's also tied to a cash shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

DrNutt posted:

it's only been out on pc for a month and a lot of people are very busy in november, between finals, holidays, etc. its not that surprising that some people haven't had time to do it.

• Locked thread