Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Basic Chunnel posted:

Why his head so huge? The one on his shoulders I mean

he is also short, and the posing in that photo hides how wide his shoulders are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

oatgan posted:

he's complaining about his tag team partner to a woman he used to sleep with that he tells everyone is insane and untrustworthy

he's very bad at twitter!!!

it's too bad about the poo poo that started all of this, because if it weren't for that this drama would just be "elgin is rude and an idiot" which is a much easier-to-forgive and much funnier offense

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

All I know is that I'm not rooting for him at the end of the month at AAW, but then again I never root against Fenix so...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

animo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Elgin trying his hardest to be the modern Shane Douglas with the bridge burning

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

he's complaining about his tag team partner to a woman he used to sleep with that he tells everyone is insane and untrustworthy

he's very bad at twitter!!!

before deactivating yet again he claimed that he was playing master puppetmaster because he knew she'd leak the info and then proving his point!

eagerly waiting to see how he's gonna further bury himself online tomorrow

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fenix must win.........

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was AAW the one that hired the nazi lady that Seth Rollins accidentally posted nudes of? Or was that Dreamwave?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Super No Vacancy posted:

fenix must win.........

While I would guess that Fenix will drop the belt sometime soon, I expect that any plans for an Elgin win quickly flew out the door over the last few days.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

While I would guess that Fenix will drop the belt sometime soon, I expect that any plans for an Elgin win quickly flew out the door over the last few days.

Paco is ready for the strap.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

was AAW the one that hired the nazi lady that Seth Rollins accidentally posted nudes of? Or was that Dreamwave?

dreamwave and it was seth's girlfriend maliciously posting them, not accidentally. aaw has never used her though she purported to be returning to the business right when aaw bought up dreamwave's territory

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

AAW has used Sami Callahan as well who has been accused of domestic abuse...

don't know why I'm mentioning this now...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ya hes been the ace of the promotion

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Deathlove posted:

Paco is ready for the strap.

The roof of Bourbon Street would be located somewhere in Indiana if Paco won the belt.

It's time to go all in on Paco, Danny Daniels.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

AAW has used Sami Callahan as well who has been accused of domestic abuse...

don't know why I'm mentioning this now...

As far as I'm aware, That has been resolved to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

DEAD ISSUE, PLEASE ENJOY SAMI KISSING AND SPITTING

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 6, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'll do the opposite actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would anyone like to comment on my proposed tier list in preparation of a 2018 thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

would anyone like to comment on my proposed tier list in preparation of a 2018 thread

are there two different rockstar? put riptide in HM

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PWX should be B-tier IMO. I'd swap them and CWF M-A, honestly

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If you're only counting ticket sales NEW is right but they should be knocked down a rung for terrible undercards.

Blitzkrieg Pro for HM.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

are there two different rockstar? put riptide in HM

no just messed that up because i was going off the top of my head. this is just US/canada so riptide more like disqualifide

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWX should be B-tier IMO. I'd swap them and CWF M-A, honestly

ok i think you're the second person to suggest that

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lol impact. I like.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Where do the UK indies live?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I've been thinking about adding one of the UK indies to my rotation. They all seem to have pretty affordable on-demand services from what I can tell. Which is the best of Progress, RevPro and ICW? I was leaning toward Progress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a britwres thread i actually don't know

do you have any other services? icw is the worst. progress has more stories than revpro and more of a distinct identity so it has the most fans, i think. also has the fasch aesthetic and working agreements. revpro gives you the new japan vs indie guy dream matches that no one else is seemingly able to do

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smash Wrestling has also pulled Elgin from bookings this month and in January

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a britwres thread i actually don't know

No, but if someone made one I'd definitely read it. Progress and RevPro is the kind of stuff I always want to watch but never get around to for one reason or another.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

If you're only counting ticket sales NEW is right but they should be knocked down a rung for terrible undercards.

Blitzkrieg Pro for HM.

Seconding Blitzkrieg. Looking forward to next weekend

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
they may not run enough shows to count but The Wrestling Revolver fits in on the A block imo

e: i'd settle for B

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 7, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you already have NJPW World, no need to get RevPro.

Progress is probably best britwres bang for your buck. Good gritty graps mixed up with a little silliness.

ICW is another option but they’ve moved well into the “let’s be offensive as gently caress” land of booking so ymmv.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for the info. I have the WWE Network, NJPW World and Melbourne City Wrestling (my local) at the moment so I think I'll go with Progress.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Super No Vacancy posted:

For the uninitiated, what does any of this mean?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

btw if anyone catches Powerbomb's cut of the IWA-MS 1997 King of the Deathmatches(2005 commentary), its a treasure trove of random indie factoids. But it also has Allison Danger shittalking everything about the show. Yuck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

Where's kaiju big battel

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

btw if anyone catches Powerbomb's cut of the IWA-MS 1997 King of the Deathmatches(2005 commentary), its a treasure trove of random indie factoids. But it also has Allison Danger shittalking everything about the show. Yuck.

Like pop-up video factoids? That'd be a fun way to show old wrestling in general. Put Tenay and Karl Stern on the case!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

For the uninitiated, what does any of this mean?

it's a categorization of notable US and Canadian indie feds ranging from S Tier (highest) to Honorable Mention (lowest). ROH is listed as Graduated because he correctly noted that they're not really an indie anymore due to size, corporate ownership, and a roster that's mainly either exclusive or shared with NJPW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can we even count Glory Pro when it's probably dead now?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Like pop-up video factoids? That'd be a fun way to show old wrestling in general. Put Tenay and Karl Stern on the case!

sadly no, but that would be an awesome thing. It was just Prazak, Trik Davis, Bryce Remsburg, Allison Danger and Mickie Knuckles talking about the 97-2005 era of indie wrestling while doing a decent job calling the matches. They pointed people in the crowd that would later become wrestlers, mentioned little bios of some of the guys that faded out. This dude named Tower of Doom couldn't stay out of jail apparently.

I also learned about the Doug Gilbert rules. Evidently Doug is such a tremendous poo poo head Ian Rotten refuses to do business with him. Doug hooked Ian up with a fake booking in the middle of bumfuck West Virginia. Ian drove all the way there and there was no show, no promoter or anything. Why Ian didn't call ahead, I dunno.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

it's a categorization of notable US and Canadian indie feds ranging from S Tier (highest) to Honorable Mention (lowest). ROH is listed as Graduated because he correctly noted that they're not really an indie anymore due to size, corporate ownership, and a roster that's mainly either exclusive or shared with NJPW.

Got it - the lettering system was throwing me off, but I figured it was something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Going to MLW again tomorrow sad no Cobb this time but excited for Filthy v Riddle and seeing Morrison in person. Also I think Barrington Hughes will be "working" so that would be cool as he is cool.