Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

It's Tyrell. Somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

:siren: E-COIN REWARDS SITE HACKED, GIVING OUT FSOCIETY MASKS! :siren:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

jk, but wouldn't that be amazing?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CloFan posted:

Not seeing anything new there.
Edit: gently caress you. :mad:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I'll never get there in time for any of the cool prizes, so I lash out :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Elias_Maluco posted:

He did. The guy wanst able to fix it. Then he found that he had this pro-hacker in his very own prison and decided to hire him

I thought that guy was another inmate, huh.

I mean if he wasn't then how did Elliot see him? Bringing in the pro-hacker guy to the prison seems like a dumb move if he's not a prisoner.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean if he wasn't then how did Elliot see him? Bringing in the pro-hacker guy to the prison seems like a dumb move if he's not a prisoner.

he only brought him into prison the one time (that we see), to get elliot access to the server.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GobiasIndustries posted:

he only brought him into prison the one time (that we see), to get elliot access to the server.

Okay I guess that makes sense, yeah. He'd need the other guy to show Elliot the server because he didn't fully understand the darknet himself. Still risky but whatever.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay I guess that makes sense, yeah. He'd need the other guy to show Elliot the server because he didn't fully understand the darknet himself. Still risky but whatever.

It's that or losing a major income stream and it's not like he can get Elliot out of the prison

Basically the timeline is:

Ray's wife sets up the server after they talk about it
Cash starts pouring in
*somewhere in here, former webadmin shows up to take care of website issues*
Wife dies, Ray doesn't know poo poo about the technical stuff but everything is running fine so :shrug:
Site needs a domain transfer, the webadmin doesn't know how to do a migration
Surprise! Ray's got a genius that he's got total control over right in front of him, but he's not a total monster so he buddies up with Elliot, former webadmin comes in, spills the beans to Elliot, that's all she wrote

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 5, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Also it's the most useless B-plot in the series that only earned its keep by giving us the 90s sitcom episode.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

CloFan posted:

drat near dropped my phone at work trying to get in on this :argh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Also it's the most useless B-plot in the series that only earned its keep by giving us the 90s sitcom episode.

Agreed.

That 90s sitcom episode was gold though. Would be genius, although Too Many Cooks and David Lynch's Rabbits kinda beat them to it.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

You know, when your comprehension of the plot is utter dogshit, you don't really get to complain about the show not making sense or being contrived.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

E-coin sneak peek :saddowns: up now.

Saw the f-society face and immediately thought CloFan was some sort of prophet, or from the future. :thunk:

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I wonder if they are hinting at a hacker war. With the redbarn hack. Heres why:

The queen in the card is holding a red rose.
They call out whiterose

War of the Roses?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I dunno about all that but I do know the Red Wheelbarrow menu is aces

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got my water bottle today.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Just wanted to repost this song they played earlier this season during a conversation between Angela and Mr. Robot

Touch by Daft Punk feat. Paul Williams

I was sort of struck today by just how loving sad Angela's arc will be if it turns out whiterose fed her a bullshit story. She was 100% bought into believing that consequences wouldn't count this time, but now she's maybe realizing that it was the wishing itself that she actually enjoyed so much, getting to be a part of something bigger that also avenged her dead mom. And now thousands of innocent people are dead, thanks directly to her.

Remember when she just wanted to get high and watch Back to the Future 2 with Elliot? :unsmith:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this is such bs fanservice bait.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

PhazonLink posted:

this is such bs fanservice bait.

Believe it or not but lesbians exist for non-sexy reasons. :shrug:

I'm just glad Mr. Robot is slowly getting more and more gay. By the end of the season Price better be making out with Tyrell.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Angela :ohdear:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
lol @ this loving live wine glass player at whiterose's place

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tyrell saying “No puppet, no puppet, you’re the puppet” was funny.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol maybe angela is just talking to her past self

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
So satisfying to see Whiterose lose her cool, even if just for a brief moment. Her line about dealing with "these men" is delivered so perfectly

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The reality editor machine is real and it's whiterose's way of letting her openly marry her partner and also be an incredibly wealthy chinese plutocrat

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Tyrell saying “No puppet, no puppet, you’re the puppet” was funny.

Oh lol he was corn cobbing

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
this show is sooooo loving good, i'm really glad there's no scifi supernatural bullshit going on. Just people being people in high stakes situations. Though this episode sure did jump around the timeline a lot. Darlene/Dom was pretty cool, but like... end of that was unfortunate. Dom might be catching wise to santiago.

I'm not really sure what Elliot was doing with his hacking at the end tho; how did he own the dark army?

Slick
Jun 6, 2003

Lupus Rufus posted:

I'm not really sure what Elliot was doing with his hacking at the end tho; how did he own the dark army?

Remember those long episodes about routing packages all over the place? He now has DA to clog up, sending different packages all back and forth! Hopefully with some Cheers references, or monologue about Coach dying, the FBI agent is Kirsty Alley, poo poo I'm halfway to fanfiction.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I’m glad that Darlene couldn’t pull one over on Dom. Felt too cheap for her character to possibly fall for that.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol maybe angela is just talking to her past self

She was talking to the fish

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Lupus Rufus posted:

this show is sooooo loving good, i'm really glad there's no scifi supernatural bullshit going on. Just people being people in high stakes situations. Though this episode sure did jump around the timeline a lot. Darlene/Dom was pretty cool, but like... end of that was unfortunate. Dom might be catching wise to santiago.

They copied a file that was sent to one of their hackers to review as part of the fake stage 3 plan. Hidden in one of those files (presumably camouflaged somehow) was an exploit that gave elliott access to their network after it was executed.

It seems really basic and stupid for a hack that is gonna seemingly have such a major impact on the narrative but sometimes that's how that poo poo works I guess? I don't really know much about viruses

SpaceAceJase posted:

She was talking to the fish

No she was talking to her alternate Mrs.Robot persona Dom

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It was funny how relieved Dom was once she realised what Darlene was up to -- like, 'thank god, she was just conning me, I can go back to FBI mode, I don't have to deal with having a genuine connection with another human being.'

I love Dom.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Also I can't believe Dom would blatantly parade her new lay around in front of her on-again-off-again girlfriend, Alexa, like that. So disrespectful.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Le Saboteur posted:

I’m glad that Darlene couldn’t pull one over on Dom. Felt too cheap for her character to possibly fall for that.
I am hoping there was a scene in which Darlene and Dom made the other agent and the interview was part of a plan to expose or turn him. Darlene already knew the FBI was taking orders, and there’s no reason she wouldn’t have told Dom somewhere in between getting caught and ending up in that room.

edit: okay vv

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 7, 2017

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Darlene told Dom about her plan to retrieve the keyloggers in her apartment. Dom realized this was an opportunity to out her boss as a Dark Army plant. The interrogation was staged, they’re working together now, because during the sex they realized they weren’t just using each other, they were making love. :colbert:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, that definitely sounds like the kind of twist Esmail would pull. It seemed really weird to me that Darlene would immediately tell Santiago everything in great detail knowing that the FBI is compromised.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
God loving drat this show is so loving good. On one hand I hope there isn't any time travel bullshit, but on the other hand it's been teased so hard that at this point it just seems purposeful to gently caress with us.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Darlene told Dom about her plan to retrieve the keyloggers in her apartment. Dom realized this was an opportunity to out her boss as a Dark Army plant. The interrogation was staged, they’re working together now, because during the sex they realized they weren’t just using each other, they were making love. :colbert:

That's what I thought when they went to the interview, Darlene challenging Santiago about the Dark Army owning the FBI seemed very pointed. Also I don't think it would make sense for Darlene to wait to be dragged to the FBI before explaining herself.

I can only hope that last part turns out to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Dom 100% knows Santiago is the plant. loving hell, I hope she's ok :-O

• Locked thread