Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, what's the over/under on Mallus being related to/being one of the Legends from another time? My money is the airbender's brother we never saw die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ApeHawk posted:

So, what's the over/under on Mallus being related to/being one of the Legends from another time? My money is the airbender's brother we never saw die.

Yeah, I was wondering if Jax would gently caress with the timeline enough trying to save Martin that Stein would end up having been made Mallus.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

nine-gear crow posted:

He's going to be recurring this year, and there's a full Arrowverse animated Constantine show coming out ala Vixen and The Ray online... eventually, I guess. The CW Seed has kind of been hosed up this year or something in terms of actually getting content out. But by and large they seem to be testing the waters for either a revival series or at least making him a part of the Legends full time next year.

He really needs to be part of the Legends, perfect loving fit. His assholery will fit in wonderfully with Mick, I can see the drinking contest now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man that was a hilarious episode, there were about a million ways that Beebo could have gone wrong but it was hilarious every time.

I'm gonna miss Jax, though. I get why he's gone but it sucks losing him & Stein in back-to-back episodes.

Anyway, hell yeah Constantine, really hope they get him full-time next season because the crew is getting small and we could all use more Constantine in this universe. Maybe bring Dibny over from Flash somehow too?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Beebo was perfect.

Snart and Mick were great together as always.

And hell yea Constantine is back! I should go rewatch his one season.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, using the Arrow music when young Marty fired the toy boy :allears:

This legit made me lol. This loving show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Get the gently caress in. Also am I the only one who is positively addicted to the Constantine theme?

More Bear McCreary is never a bad thing, even if it’s second hand.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Constantine seems like a good guy to have around what with all the 'we have no way to counter Darkh's magic' too.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

evenworse username posted:

Constantine seems like a good guy to have around what with all the 'we have no way to counter Darkh's magic' too.

This, especially considering he acknowledged he knew of Darkh and had tangled with him on his appearance on Arrow.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Just a reminder, we're all watching the show where one of the leads has died not once, not twice, but 3 times, the villain has also died 3 times and he's now teamed up with a psychic gorilla. Oh and our lead has banged multiple historical figures and as of the cross over has now had a multiversal one night stand. All of this and we're also swashbuckling through time.

Have a great day!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well it took me to the Legends bit of Crisis to realise it but man, Thawne is now literally a Nazi Doctor.

Not that he got any doctoring done. Because a tiny man grabbed his scalpel.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Just a reminder, we're all watching the show where one of the leads has died not once, not twice, but 3 times, the villain has also died 3 times and he's now teamed up with a psychic gorilla. Oh and our lead has banged multiple historical figures and as of the cross over has now had a multiversal one night stand. All of this and we're also swashbuckling through time.

Have a great day!

Don't forget she's going to hook up with the Time Bureau agent that's previously been her mortal enemy after working together with a bisexual chain smoking British mage to stop a time traveling demon

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Thawne will go to crazy lengths to annoy the poo poo out of the evil Barry Allen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they dressed Agent Sharpe up like Katheryn Winnick on Vikings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Jax isn't just "leaving" the crew, he's officially off the show.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

for some reason i was 100% under the impression they were figuring out an in-world way for him to be firestorm without stein so that's surprising

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Don't forget she's going to hook up with the Time Bureau agent that's previously been her mortal enemy after working together with a bisexual chain smoking British mage to stop a time traveling demon

The same bisexual chain smoking British mage who brought her soul back from hell and was also, inexplicably, was on the same island that her sisters boyfriend was stranded on. Oh and she was sleeping with said sister's boyfriend.

But yeah, she's totally gonna nail Agent PantSuit

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Weeeeell poo poo. That sucks. But then again, they said from the outset that they wanted to have a fluid cast so that people could come and go as they pleased or the story dictated with Sara and Ray being the two main fixtures.

That's probably why they were testing how well Sharpe worked with the Idiots. She's probably gonna take Jax's place on the Waverider, or help them spring Rip out of the time klink.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The same bisexual chain smoking British mage who brought her soul back from hell and was also, inexplicably, was on the same island that her sisters boyfriend was stranded on. Oh and she was sleeping with said sister's boyfriend.

But yeah, she's totally gonna nail Agent PantSuit

it's gonna be real awkward when the reason she's not the marrying type is that she's an atheist and sees no value in the ceremony

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
She said she wasn't the husband type. And Sara's "target acquired" look was incredible.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

it's gonna be real awkward when the reason she's not the marrying type is that she's an atheist and sees no value in the ceremony

I'm not sure how one could remain an atheist when a dude was specifically sent to drag your soul back from hell.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm not sure how one could remain an atheist when a dude was specifically sent to drag your soul back from hell.
While it would hard to be an atheist after seeing all the magical shenanigans that go on in these shows, it would also be pretty hard to believe any established religion was in any way accurate. There's clearly some valid basis to religion and superstition, but it's equally clear that no one has any idea what it actually is and anyone who says they do is either lying or just hopelessly incorrect.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

While it would hard to be an atheist after seeing all the magical shenanigans that go on in these shows, it would also be pretty hard to believe any established religion was in any way accurate. There's clearly some valid basis to religion and superstition, but it's equally clear that no one has any idea what it actually is and anyone who says they do is either lying or just hopelessly incorrect.

Alternatively I was just making a dumb one off joke about how agent pantsuit was going to turn to be straight after all

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
also yowza that corset on Eleanor. Ever since she showed up in her first episode as a possessed Victorian gothic weirdo I've had a new crush :blush:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The more I think about it the more we'd better get more Constantine. If not I'm gonna be PISSED. Especially since there's only like a season and a half left of Supernatural which will leave a huge hole in CW programming. Not because it's the bell cow anymore or anything but because it's reliable. TVD is also gone and I'd imagine The Originals is soon follow.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It'd probably be hard to be an atheist considering they had the literal spear of destiny and they also found the blood of Christ.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NICKZANO/status/938240007717785601

The Father, the Mother, and the Holy Beebo.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

ZRM posted:

It'd probably be hard to be an atheist considering they had the literal spear of destiny and they also found the blood of Christ.

So Jesus was a metahuman. Or possibily an alien. :shrug:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Avalerion posted:

So Jesus was a metahuman. Or possibily an alien. :shrug:

Jesus' pod from Krypton just got here way, way earlier than Kal-El's pod.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jax leaving makes this season kind of weird in retrospect, mostly how they spent a lot of time on safely splitting Firestorm and Jax working on being a hero without powers.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jax leaving makes this season kind of weird in retrospect, mostly how they spent a lot of time on safely splitting Firestorm and Jax working on being a hero without powers.

And them teasing being able to re-jigger a formula to give him powers. He's not my favorite character but it's a really strange move.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is there any interview or something that says why he's leaving? I was under the same impression, that they were gonna figure out a way to keep him around as Firestorm, or just as the ship's mechanic or something. I had no idea he was actually leaving the show till just now, even after the last episode I kinda figured they'd pick him up again at some point. Hell, it's a time ship, they could say "So long Jax, have fun finding yourself!" and then pick him up five minutes later after he's spent three years backpacking through Europe or whatever.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Yeah, in the show it sounded like he was only dropping out for a couple episodes and then coming back for the rest of the season. Maybe then he would merge with Gideon or something to become Cyborg now that Andrew Kriswhatever is gone and they'll probably have to do rewrites, and it would help capitalize on splitting further from the growing trash fire that is the DCEU (for the record, I didn't hate Justice League, that's just how it is.)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is Mallus a thing from the comics? As the CW shows have been adapting slightly more recent stuff I've been less and less familiar with (one of my friends who watches Supergirl asked me who Reign was and I had no idea, looking at a picture of her, I assumed it was a Supergirl equivalent of Zod or something). I had been assuming they just wanted to use a big magic villain whilst also bringing back Damien as his minion so they made up a random magic sounding name and at some point he's going to do the "I've been known by many names over the years" thing and drop one of the many crazy powerful magic villain names that DC has like Mordru or Neron. Maybe even Nekron.

Doesn't really matter obviously, if they want to make up characters that's fine. This season is drat fun so far, I was not looking forward to Damien being the villain because the CW shows have sometimes gone downhill in the past by keeping characters around for longer than they probably should (Merlyn in Arrow being the main offender) but they've mixed it up enough with Legends that you don't get too sick of them.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

She said she wasn't the husband type. And Sara's "target acquired" look was incredible.

Can we get that look side by side with the one she gave Supergirl's sister

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Writers' or actor's choice?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kind of funny how they dressed Agent Sharpe up like Katheryn Winnick on Vikings.

I was thinking the same thing. Really made me want to pick back up where I left off on that show (stopped watching around season 3 or so).

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

Can we get that look side by side with the one she gave Supergirl's sister

yeah gifs of both would be much appreciated

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Here's the Avalance (according to tumblr) one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's not half bad.