Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

A new Fuzzy Modem news article WITH VIDEO.

He apparently gave a 16 minute testimony, claiming that he still loves her and believes she still loves him.

http://www.webcenter11.com/content/news/Man-sentenced-to-45-years-for-raping-a-child--462207873.html

Goddamn, this guy has 2 totally different brain issues. Jesus gently caress!

What a snipe! Sorry everybody, I'll go look for a cat (food)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
UBISOFT: Beyond Good & Evil 2 - Livestream - December 7th, 6pm CET

quote:

Join us for our first SMP Report live stream!

Come find out what the dev team and Space Monkeys have been up to…

7 December 2017
6 pm (CET)

PARTICIPATE. INSPIRE. PLAY.

Take part in building the world of BGE2!

For those of you who love big evil publishers and their soulless, conformist games that lack ambition and imagination in equal measure, this might be an interesting watch. The last one certainly was. I mean, if you like getting glimpses at the tech behind soulless, conformist games in development, that is. You sellouts...

no_recall posted:

Fuckin caught up with the thread.

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

[Winners are defined by the closest estimated guess]
Total Earnings in Holiday Sale: $7,848,797

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Congrats to the winners!

(And to Chris Roberts, too, for creating the appearance of enough sudden, organic demand to close the gap and squeeze the correction in before close of the year!)

Xaerael posted:

I just... don't even see how it's possible.

It’s easy!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 7, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

trucutru posted:

What a snipe! Sorry everybody, I'll go look for a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhx9_NSPwgI

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why would they take out a loan of 4 million when they're bringing in so much money?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why would they take out a loan of 4 million when they're bringing in so much money?

To take advantage of favorable forex opportunities you dumbass! Don't you know nothing of game development?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

You can swap the names and it's just like looking into the future. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv8ACTz2Ego

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

no_recall posted:

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.

Oh good, I just got a rig beefy enough to play Line of Defense.

Now that I have officially called it, I will expect all of my pronouncements to be given the weight that they deserve.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

I just... don't even see how it's possible.

I refuse to believe that this actually happened.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If something isn't fucky with the information being displayed on the funding tracker I am Derek's July blog.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Well as it turns out if you read the reddit posts the bot provides us with the whales consider 3.0 a breathtaking step forward for star citizen, and pledge accordingly to support this new level of captivating development.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
PODCAST: The Arcade Show

At 39:15 in, they begin discussion of CIG’s business practices... The segment, which follows on the heels of discussions of microtransactions and gambling, begins with the segue: “Speaking of predatory games... and naked greed...”

Comparisons to real-world (scam) sales of lunar plots are lobbed, then the discussion begins in earnest.

Quotes include:
  • “There is no game.”
  • “It’s less than No Man’s Sky.”
  • “I don’t think this game is ever coming out. This is just a funding scheme.”
  • “Get out while you can.”
  • “For those of you thinking about getting into this game? DON’T.”
  • “It’s a straight-up scam!”
  • “We’re beating a dead horse here, but it’s five years now.”
  • “When do the smart people who contributed to it start to get annoyed? When do they take legal action?”
  • “What happens when someone dials the help line? Do they just laugh at you? Hahaha!”
  • “There has to be money laundering going on.”

They invoke the specter of Chris escaping to an island and leaving the crashed ruin of his project behind him when the money runs out. Disbelief is expressed that demand continues despite the absence of progress. Sunk cost fallacies invoked. Images of CIG employees smoking cigars, burning wads of cash, and driving Ferraris to work bandied about. (Technically, they prefer weed and Porsches but close enough...) / Speculations about office decor reflecting the rarefied sensibilities of old money. (Uhh, no, just a mix of nouveau riche tackiness and space nerd kitsch...) And more of the like.

The discussion isn’t especially insightful but it’s interesting inasmuch as it captures the incredulity and skepticism that increasingly is becoming conventional wisdom for gamers outside the bubble.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It's nice to know it's not just us.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AlbieQuirky posted:

From all accounts feeling the same way means you become us. So I guess it's a catch 22.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

hello derek

we are also derek

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i saw a glimpse into the good timeline where trump isn't president, where obama passed universal healthcare, and derek smart raised 200 million for LOD 2017

croberts was crouched in an alleyway, crowdfunding from passers by, and snorting 'fool's coke' he had made out of dust and crushed up rat poison

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

derek smart raised 200 million for LOD 2017

So this thread still exists but now it's Chris posting about his July blog.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

So this thread still exists but now it's Chris posting about his July blog.

yeah some things never change no matter which reality you flee to

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I guess you could have an interesting debate concerning which timeline has the more credible agent of dissent.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Xaerael posted:

Well, if it's any consolation, the only other confirmed and convicted Paedophile I've ever sent to prison encountered committed suicide within one year of his term.

Go ahead and ask me if I care that I was a part of the catalyst that made a Paedo kill himself. Spoiler, I don't, unless you want to count the swell of pride that I get knowing I helped permanently stop a monster from raping his 3-12 yr old kids.

Now can we stop talking about the piece of poo poo again, because every time he's brought up I can't get the image my experience of a 3 year old trying to explain to me what her dad had done to her and her sisters.

I agree the conversation and/or jokes about it has no place here. Really sorry you had to go through all that. :sympathy:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

fuctifino posted:

A new Fuzzy Modem news article WITH VIDEO.

He apparently gave a 16 minute testimony, claiming that he still loves her and believes she still loves him.

http://www.webcenter11.com/content/news/Man-sentenced-to-45-years-for-raping-a-child--462207873.html

quote:

Shawn Weixelman; Defendant>>: "Once I'm in prison, I feel like I can have a positive influence on the culture. From a professional standpoint I would really like to return to concept art. I don't know if you have had a chance to look at my demo reel or my resume? But I am an internationally award winning concept artist."
:barf:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Rugganovich posted:

Just to show all you naysayers that 3.0 PTU is doing fine for a loving Alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgDLV7_Oxg

Levski:
It starts off well, with blue stuff, then I get to meet the man himself. I take his question as rhetorical and start looking for someone.
Whilst looking I ... well the game crashes. And the red text that pops up, that's just to let you know that a NPC shopkeeper somewhere has just T-Posed and I missed it.

I'm apparently feeling deferent today. But drat shame CIG just can't put the pieces together, because people with a lot of talent put a lot of love into the environment design of Levski.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i feel bad for anyone actually working on star citizen.

daikatana actually had a ton of really good modelling, texturing, sound, and music work on it. i remember playing through it (for irony purposes) and noticing all the hard work that had been put in to this moronic game.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Toops posted:

I agree the conversation and/or jokes about it has no place here. Really sorry you had to go through all that. :sympathy:

I agree. Let's never bring up the topic again. With the sentencing, the chapter is closed.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It is a little sad to think about the poor modeler who works really hard and has Roberts constantly picking apart their work. They probably sit next to someone who spends all day removing watermarks from stock photos and gets fat bonuses for selling dreams to idiots.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at first i thought those were bunnies but they are more like giant mice?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Awesome! posted:

Chinchilla maybe? Still cute :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chinchillas are the cutest.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

G0RF posted:

PODCAST: The Arcade Show

At 39:15 in, they begin discussion of CIG’s business practices... The segment, which follows on the heels of discussions of microtransactions and gambling, begins with the segue: “Speaking of predatory games... and naked greed...”

Comparisons to real-world (scam) sales of lunar plots are lobbed, then the discussion begins in earnest.

Quotes include:
  • “There is no game.”
  • “It’s less than No Man’s Sky.”
  • “I don’t think this game is ever coming out. This is just a funding scheme.”
  • “Get out while you can.”
  • “For those of you thinking about getting into this game? DON’T.”
  • “It’s a straight-up scam!”
  • “We’re beating a dead horse here, but it’s five years now.”
  • “When do the smart people who contributed to it start to get annoyed? When do they take legal action?”
  • “What happens when someone dials the help line? Do they just laugh at you? Hahaha!”
  • “There has to be money laundering going on.”

They invoke the specter of Chris escaping to an island and leaving the crashed ruin of his project behind him when the money runs out. Disbelief is expressed that demand continues despite the absence of progress. Sunk cost fallacies invoked. Images of CIG employees smoking cigars, burning wads of cash, and driving Ferraris to work bandied about. (Technically, they prefer weed and Porsches but close enough...) / Speculations about office decor reflecting the rarefied sensibilities of old money. (Uhh, no, just a mix of nouveau riche tackiness and space nerd kitsch...) And more of the like.

The discussion isn’t especially insightful but it’s interesting inasmuch as it captures the incredulity and skepticism that increasingly is becoming conventional wisdom for gamers outside the bubble.

I woke up after a short night and saw xaerael say he doesn't believe the funding is possible.

I typed up a long answer about me and the citizens I know and about how nobody bought anything or even knows somebody who bought anything

Then I see G0RFs post. And I delete the self doxxing wall of text and decide I'll just go and grind some coffee and listen to this podcast.

Thank you G0RF

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

no_recall posted:

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.

The laugh train never stops.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i like it that star citizens dimiss E:D as a boring grindfest, but what the hell makes them think star citzien, even if it came out as envisioned, would not be a boring grindfest? the fact that you have to get out of your ship and carry the little boxes instead of just scooping them up in space?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i like it that star citizens dimiss E:D as a boring grindfest, but what the hell makes them think star citzien, even if it came out as envisioned, would not be a boring grindfest? the fact that you have to get out of your ship and carry the little boxes instead of just scooping them up in space?

It has more FIDELITY and IMMERSION

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
And facetracking. Lol.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

It'll only be a grind for people who didn't pay >$1000 before launch.

If you did, everyone else will grind for you, because you'll be so cool!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

Those are chinchillas, they are cute but kind of neurotic. (as many other rodents). Main feature is their otherworldly softness (which is a problem for the survival of the wild populations, as you need a shitload to make a coat).

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gosts posted:

It'll only be a grind for people who didn't pay >$1000 before launch.

If you did, everyone else will grind for you, because you'll be so cool!!
Yeah this is the thing that has been better explained in the depths of the thread. People aren't just pledging to the dream of "The game" they're pledging to the dream of being a fascist dictator with a legion of pubbies falling all over themselves to quote unquote "clean the hot tubs" on their thousands of dollars in ships.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, look at this bullshit:

130,000 hairs per square inch.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hey, I got a....thing! Thanks no_recall! I'm gonna immerse myself in Super Hexagon, after looking at the trailer, I can't wait to relive the Undertale Sans-fight :)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

trucutru posted:

I mean, look at this bullshit:

130,000 hairs per square inch.

lookout, it punches above it's weight

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Watched WTF for like 30 min. All he did was get in a ship, fly somewhere and land. Now, him and three other dudes are trying to spawn rovers but people have parked on the landing pads and the rovers that appear won't allow them inside and holy moly what is this game it's horrible.

Wait till there are 100 players waiting in a huge line to spawn rovers. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Watched WTF for like 30 min. All he did was get in a ship, fly somewhere and land. Now, him and three other dudes are trying to spawn rovers but people have parked on the landing pads and the rovers that appear won't allow them inside and holy moly what is this game it's horrible.

Wait till there are 100 players waiting in a huge line to spawn rovers. lol

It will only become more funny. Star Citizen is good.