Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Friends, lovers, congregation. I have Good news! The Kirkland bed sheets are an inspiration, a new blessing upon me bestowed by the ‘stco itself.

The Kirkland brand sheets are a bit more expensive than the Charisma ones but they're so drat good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The Kirkland brand sheets are a bit more expensive than the Charisma ones but they're so drat good!

I never would have dreamed I would pay 57 bucks for sheets, but I trusted in my faith and was rewarded.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It hadnt even occurred to me to get sheets at Costco holy poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jingleheimer posted:

I bought one like a month ago and already drank it all. It's a good idea but honestly I was only impressed with a few of the beers, most of them aren't very good. I don't think it was worth the money and I would have been better off just buying the Sam Adams variety pack or something.
I did it last year, and yeah it wasn't great imo. also most of them had weirdly enough "expired" tho i dont think expired beer really tastes any diff but maybe.

it also didn't help i dont drink much so i didnt want to crack one open each day, and then i'd end up drinking 4 or so on the weekend and still had a few leftover rolling into february.

bloodysabbath posted:

Costco sells these amazing frozen pucks of French Onion soup that melt in your microwave and have cheese and croutons and are just about as good as you could hope for FO to be outside of a fancy restaurant. Add a touch of salt and pepper, Combine with a bit of bread from a BAGUETTE TWO PACK, and PBUC.
those sound good, but can you cook them in an oven or something instead? i dont have a microwave and usually use my flashxpress toaster oven to cook things quickly instead

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

smoobles posted:

It hadnt even occurred to me to get sheets at Costco holy poo poo

We have a set, they're real nice!

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Xaris posted:

those sound good, but can you cook them in an oven or something instead? i dont have a microwave and usually use my flashxpress toaster oven to cook things quickly instead

I'm 70% sure there are conventional oven directions on the box.

I think pretty much all microwavable foods usually have oven instructions. In college I used to bake my hot pockets in the oven because I was a Fancy Poor Man.

Argyle fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 6, 2017

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodysabbath posted:

Costco sells these amazing frozen pucks of French Onion soup that melt in your microwave and have cheese and croutons and are just about as good as you could hope for FO to be outside of a fancy restaurant. Add a touch of salt and pepper, Combine with a bit of bread from a BAGUETTE TWO PACK, and PBUC.

Ahh I saw these today and almost got them, but I had too much frozen junk in my cart already. I remember the Trader Joe's version being pretty damned good.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I ordered some dog treats off Costco.com yesterday w/ free shipping

Pros:
No Crowds

Cons:
No dog / refill

:thunk:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

belt posted:

Ahh I saw these today and almost got them, but I had too much frozen junk in my cart already. I remember the Trader Joe's version being pretty damned good.

I believe the tj version and the Costco version are the same brand but at Costco you get like 6 for the price of 4. They're def pretty good.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

FCKGW posted:

Pros:
No Crowds

Cons:
No dog / refill

The only dog treat I want costs $1.50 and comes with a free refill

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

FCKGW posted:

I ordered some dog treats

Cons:
No dog

:thunk: indeed my friend, something you wanna tell us

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Costco representatives were at my office today selling a membership with additional perks and discounts.

I saw a few people being welcomed into the fold but most people had already taken the sacred vows. PBUC.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

Pros:
No Crowds

Cons:
No dog / refill

At first I was like, why did he buy dog treats if he didn't have a dog?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
here's my shameful secret

I've never gotten a costco dog

Because I love the italian sausage too much and I need to eat that every time.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Put in OP please

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renegret posted:

here's my shameful secret

I've never gotten a costco dog

Because I love the italian sausage too much and I need to eat that every time.

That’s not shameful. I always get the brat here in Neb. We’re all part of the same family

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

belt posted:

That’s not shameful. I always get the brat here in Neb. We’re all part of the same family

Dodge street or la vista? The latter never has gas lines or much of a crowd on weekend. The exodus from dodge to the promised la vista has been miraculous.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
One just opened in Lincoln at the end of October.

There's hardly ever a crowd when I go and it's glorious.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I constantly tell my family out of state to get a membership, and yet it sounds like they have not! Being a Costco missionary is a challenge not without periods of doubt, but those dogs and free refills keep me faithful and inspired.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Apparently the blasphemers at Sam's Club have made something interesting and decent http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/179616/giant-cinnamon-rolls-sams-club-holiday-special

I hereby call on majestic Costco to not only call but raise with a five-pounder, for Costco can always top anything that bitchass Sam can do PBUC

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Apparently the blasphemers at Sam's Club have made something interesting and decent http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/179616/giant-cinnamon-rolls-sams-club-holiday-special

I hereby call on majestic Costco to not only call but raise with a five-pounder, for Costco can always top anything that bitchass Sam can do PBUC

Costco doesn't need cinnamon rolls because it has selfless science: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/science/costco-founder-and-boyhood-friend-give-50-million-for-precision-medicine-at-uw/

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

that's great and all but it doesn't allow me to shove two weeks worth of dough and sugar into my gaping maw at once so gently caress that noise

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm probably going to buy one of these with the Sam's membership I still have because my friends keep renewing it for me, instead of getting their own

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I need a desk chair, is the Costco Herman Miller knockoff a blessing or a false idol?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Going right now to redeem my membership card, walk around and marvel at the prices of things on sale, and buy one of those dogs I hear so much about

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys are gonna make me go get a tray of Costco cinnamon rolls aren't you?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I need a desk chair, is the Costco Herman Miller knockoff a blessing or a false idol?

If you want to see God, sit in the High Back Leather Executive from ‘Tco

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Folks I have bad news. My local Costco didn't have cinnamon rolls. Did Costco stop doing the cinnamon rolls? It's been a really long time since I've looked for them.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Costco has cheesecake struesel muffins. Checkmate, bitch.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

poisonpill posted:

If you want to see God, sit in the High Back Leather Executive from ‘Tco

This is the right choice. I'm on my second one in 15 years, and I should get another 5-10 out of this one.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

In the middle. It's extremely good for the price, but not as good as the Aeron. It also depends on your height/weight. If you need an Aeron C the Costco will be less comfortable.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

In the middle. It's extremely good for the price, but not as good as the Aeron. It also depends on your height/weight. If you need an Aeron C the Costco will be less comfortable.

I recommend craigslisting a used aeron.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

C. Everett Koop posted:

how the gently caress is 44oz "more than 3 pounds"?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus 4,000 ounces of glaze

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Update: I got the chicken bake out of curiousity. It was dece, nothing to write home about but good for 3 bucks

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
If you use hearing aids:

CVS 48 hearing aid batteries: $29.18

Kirkland 48 hearing aid batteries: $8.49

That alone more than saves the membership fee over a year. CVS can suck allll the dicks.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pekinduck posted:

If you use hearing aids:

That alone more than saves the membership fee over a year. CVS can suck allll the dicks.

Even better the standard Kirkland Signature hearing aid is $1999 with free testing. Equivalent Rexton (whom I think makes the KS one) is over $4k at independents.
Coincidentally I get $2k every 4 years for hearing aids. Now I just have to remember to use the dam things.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Meydey posted:

Even better the standard Kirkland Signature hearing aid is $1999 with free testing. Equivalent Rexton (whom I think makes the KS one) is over $4k at independents.
Coincidentally I get $2k every 4 years for hearing aids. Now I just have to remember to use the dam things.

Thanks I'll have to look into those when I need new ones. Hearing aids are such a scam. Like I'm no expert but I have a hard time believing they have to cost $4000 in the age of $10 burner cellphones.

When I was a kid I never whined to my parents about having to go to Costco because of the free samples. I assume Costco realizes this effect and I salute their business savvy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pekinduck posted:

If you use hearing aids:

This is especially great for us, because my mother-in-law can’t hear a damned thing without her hearing aids, which she never wears, anyways, but leaves turned on all the time regardless so that she goes through, like, two batteries a week.