Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I still love you Something Awful Forums, I've been working on DOOM HOUSE 3: 0: ORIGINS and also I had a major series of health problems (my mom has some rare form of leukemia and I apparently lack any cartilage between the vertebrae at the base of my neck!), but I have not abandoned the forums! It's just really sucky at the moment because the combination of no revenue coming in and being stuck in bed for a solid week and trying to figure out how to help my mom get into a clinical lab trial for some new leukemia test drug (which costs loving $25,000 a YEAR, after health care, out of pocket, for a loving TEST TRIAL) has been really exhausting this month and I've been crummy. BUT I just wanted you to know that I'm still here and trying to create things that don't cost money that will make money because I have no money and there is no fun in the sun for this plump boy. If you want to help out, just buy any forums stuff or use the forum donation thingy up top or whatever, if you don't want to then you don't have to.

Here's a little bonus treat sneak preview from DOOM HOUSE 3: 0: ORIGINS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Sorry about you and yours Lowtax :( I am looking forward to the deep lore of Doom House 3

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Stay safe forum admin ghost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what does that neck issue mean that sounds insanely bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

don't die accidentally breaking your neck lowtax

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Fragmaster has returned!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sorry to hear about your Mom, that must be gut wrenching to go through. Best of luck with your new project!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I sincerely hope your Mom pulls through! All the best dude.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Did I miss Doom House 2 or is Mood House officially Doom House 2?

And yeah, sorry about the lovely deal life is handing you, gently caress cancer.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
drat lowtax please set up something for your mom, I would donate.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription to be a Forums Superstar (with a few additional lootboxes).

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Good luck lowtax. Sorry about your mom's leuk and your neck. I have had bad health problems within the past year too . We all need these forums and thanks for your time and effort. Otis out.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jose posted:

what does that neck issue mean that sounds insanely bad
I don't know, I just had x-rays taken and they kept asking me if I've been in a car accident because my neck bends the wrong way(?) and I either have very low amounts or no cartilage between the vertebrae at the base of my neck (for some reason?), which is awesome because my health care costs nearly $1000 a month and has a $8000 deductible and doesn't pay for poo poo, so it's a fun time to be quasi-alive indeed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gay marriage is legal here i'll get you nhs threatment to protect SA

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Unknowable Hole posted:

drat lowtax please set up something for your mom, I would donate.
She wouldn't accept it, she's Sicilian and would be too "proud" to take it, which I think is retarded but she's old school or something.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lowtax posted:

She wouldn't accept it, she's Sicilian and would be too "proud" to take it, which I think is retarded but she's old school or something.

Just lie about where it came from. Tell her you sold your kidney or something.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

There Bias Two posted:

Just lie about where it came from. Tell her you sold your kidney or something.

Or that the forums are successful again because of the loot boxes

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Sorry to hear that lowtax. :(

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

givepatajob posted:

They can be filled with motivational quotes from Lowtax, or maybe spaceship drawings.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

givepatajob posted:

It's weird because the amount of bandwidth the forums use have increased and increased, but the revenue has dropped and dropped, so I guess I'm running a site that is no longer sustainable due to the fact that it is not perceived as being worth money!

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
don't burn yourself out lowtax :(

also sounds like you could use some donations for your mom if she's too proud to accept it herself. taking care of a sick parent is hard! i'll buy a 10bux towel.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Mom they closed the internet so I got a refund

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lowtax posted:

I still love you Something Awful Forums, I've been working on DOOM HOUSE 3: 0: ORIGINS and also I had a major series of health problems (my mom has some rare form of leukemia and I apparently lack any cartilage between the vertebrae at the base of my neck!), but I have not abandoned the forums! It's just really sucky at the moment because the combination of no revenue coming in and being stuck in bed for a solid week and trying to figure out how to help my mom get into a clinical lab trial for some new leukemia test drug (which costs loving $25,000 a YEAR, after health care, out of pocket, for a loving TEST TRIAL) has been really exhausting this month and I've been crummy. BUT I just wanted you to know that I'm still here and trying to create things that don't cost money that will make money because I have no money and there is no fun in the sun for this plump boy. If you want to help out, just buy any forums stuff or use the forum donation thingy up top or whatever, if you don't want to then you don't have to.

Here's a little bonus treat sneak preview from DOOM HOUSE 3: 0: ORIGINS

Why did you abuse your child by forcing her to play Star Citizen? What kind of freak are you!?!

Edit:
That's a joke. That video was hilarious. Wishing you the best and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Monos Bullet posted:

don't burn yourself out lowtax :(

also sounds like you could use some donations for your mom if she's too proud to accept it herself. taking care of a sick parent is hard! i'll buy a 10bux towel.
Nah, we don't make hardly any money from merchandise, if you'd like to donate it's far more beneficial to just donate. Of course I get taxed on that, and I'm already like $1,0000000,00000 in tax debt, but I never once claimed to be good at business so why start now

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Well gently caress.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Maybe buy some bitcoins???

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've heard Bitcoin is worth a lot right now have you considered having a lot of those?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Maybe buy some bitcoins???

Whoa

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Big Beef City posted:

I've heard Bitcoin is worth a lot right now have you considered having a lot of those?
I only invest in MustardCoin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Maybe go to Vegas?

Not to like gamble or anything.

also, totally buying some douche an av. hope my ten bux is enough to buy cartilage.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Literally A Person posted:

Maybe go to Vegas?

Not to like gamble or anything.

We could put on the SomethingAwful Dinner Show 5 nights a week.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

There Bias Two posted:

This is how Celine Deon keeps herself in furs and caviar.

Just sayin'.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

There Bias Two posted:

I can't afford dinner, I eat gravel and dirt

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Just, lol if you're not eating organic sand and smooth river rock.

JUST :lol:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lowtax posted:

Nah, we don't make hardly any money from merchandise, if you'd like to donate it's far more beneficial to just donate. Of course I get taxed on that, and I'm already like $1,0000000,00000 in tax debt, but I never once claimed to be good at business so why start now

If we register the forums as a charity you wouldn’t have to pay taxes on any of it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
cage-free sediment only

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Literally A Person posted:

Just, lol if you're not eating organic sand and smooth river rock.

JUST :lol:
I buy my gravel and dirt from Trader Joes

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

fruit on the bottom posted:

If we register the forums as a charity you wouldn’t have to pay taxes on any of it.
"Helping Keep Crazy People Off The Streets Since 1999"

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Lowtax posted:

It's weird because the amount of bandwidth the forums use have increased and increased, but the revenue has dropped and dropped, so I guess I'm running a site that is no longer sustainable due to the fact that it is not perceived as being worth money!

I blame millennials and their iPhone Xs. The app lets everyone make a thousand posts a day every day whenever they're bored waiting in line or having sex or driving.

I'm sorry about life Mr. Tax, I'll buy a towel or something.

E: never mind, maybe I'll do something that actually lets you keep some money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Lowtax posted:

"Helping Keep Crazy People Off The Streets Since 1999"

Internet half-way house?

• Locked thread