Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

“I’m the last Kryptonian” - Superman
“I am also a Kryptonian” - Supergirl
“We are also Kryptonian” - Prisoners from Fort Rozz
“I am also Kryptonian” - Astra
“I am also Kryptonian” - Non
“I am an ancient Kryptonian” - Reign

Hmmmmmmm. “Last daughter of Krypton” my rear end. There’s enough Kryptonians floating around out there to start a football team.

Hey, Zod's in there somewhere too :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

That was a pretty good episode. So I guess 7 years in the future sun didn't do anything for Mon's power levels?

Can he fly now? I don't remember if he could fly at the end of the last season? Or is he still stuck at "jump good"?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
No. Jump good.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

The Lord Bude posted:

They don't have ribs in the 31st Century? That's a dark future....

Forget founding the Legion, Mon-El should have opened up an all-you-can-eat ribs joint.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Can he fly now? I don't remember if he could fly at the end of the last season? Or is he still stuck at "jump good"?

Being a member of the Legion of Superheroes means he gets a ring that will let him fly.

Also I guess Snapper's sabbatical turned permanent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

They don't have ribs in the 31st Century? That's a dark future....

they do but you have to go out and get them

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

V-Men posted:

Forget founding the Legion, Mon-El should have opened up an all-you-can-eat ribs joint.

Who's to say he didn't? The LSH runs shop out of a 30th century Chili's.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
In the 30th century, all restaurants are Big Belly Burger

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was the Dibny/Cisco/Wells/Killer Frost Baking Soda joke reference from a previous episode, or was it from a night out we weren't privy to?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

She mentioned something about doing justice, but in the same breath also called herself a world killer who wants it all to burn. So even in the same line of dialogue she can’t decide what her motives are. It’s even weirder that she went after Edge as if he deserved it, she even muttered under her breathe he deserves it. Does she care about justice or does she care about ruling? The writers seem to be all over the place.

Speaking of being all over the place- can anyone explain how the gently caress Samantha/Reign managed to land a job as head of L Corp? The entirety of her character is “constantly late, never has her poo poo together, always bailing, unreliable, losing her god drat mind”. I feel like they are trying to paint her as some power business lady, but holy poo poo she just comes off as a complete gently caress up. Lena must be the worst manager in history to choose that clusterfuck to run her company.
Inner conflict is my guess. Sam is fighting against her Reignishness by picking 'bad people' to deliver justice to instead of just indiscriminately killing every drat body.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Was the Dibny/Cisco/Wells/Killer Frost Baking Soda joke reference from a previous episode, or was it from a night out we weren't privy to?

Injoke audience was not privy to.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ruddiger posted:

If it was mentioned anywhere before I don't remember it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

hangedman1984 posted:

If it was mentioned anywhere before I don't remember it.

And certainly not on Supergirl :v:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

howe_sam posted:

And certainly not on Supergirl :v:

All the dcw show threads pretty much blend together.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

ruddiger posted:

It was kinda the point, it was an in joke. You had to have been there to get it. We weren't, so for us the reference is as lost as it was on her. That's how in jokes work. They're not really funny, but they are to the ones who were there because it's a reminder of something that was funny and that they all shared. If you have ever had friends who shared an incredible experience at a party you missed you know the feeling, and for Cait it was worse because it was her other personality that was the funny one and she felt she couldn't compare to Frost and everyone liked her more.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

kjetting posted:

It was kinda the point, it was an in joke. You had to have been there to get it. We weren't, so for us the reference is as lost as it was on her. That's how in jokes work. They're not really funny, but they are to the ones who were there because it's a reminder of something that was funny and that they all shared. If you have ever had friends who shared an incredible experience at a party you missed you know the feeling, and for Cait it was worse because it was her other personality that was the funny one and she felt she couldn't compare to Frost and everyone liked her more.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Crossing posting from the Legends thread:

quote:

Ooookayyyyyy, this is an odd scheduling decision:

https://iearths.blogspot.ca/2017/12/supergirl-legends-to-rotate-episodes-in.html

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that is indeed extremely odd; no way they could put Black Lightning on with Arrow and move Supernatural to Friday? that's so weird because it means Supergirl will only be on for a month after the break then gone for three

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They want to give Black Lightning the best possible lead-in they can, and that's after The Flash, so that part makes sense. You'd think they'd just bounce Valor from the schedule or something and run Legends after Supergirl, but a full January to May of piping fresh DC:CW is okay I suppose, though if you only watch one or the other that'll suck.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's also probably a way to offset Legends' shorter season schedule compared to the other Arrowverse shows. Although now that means that Supergirl's gonna run long by like at least a month. Well, it'll sure be interesting to see how they try to pull this off.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
It's weird that Reign is apparently way stronger than all-star Supergirl aka Nazi Supergirl, maybe Crisis Supergirl was Supergirl from earth 38b who's way stronger than our Supergirl from earth 38a

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 11, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

It's weird that Reign is apparently way stronger than all-star Supergirl aka Nazi Supergirl, maybe Crisis Supergirl was Supergirl from earth 38b who's way stronger than our Supergirl from earth 38a

It was said/implied over the course of the episode that Reign was purpose built by the weirdo Kyrptonian death cult people to be an ungodly strong monster on top of all her yellow sun powers.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

nine-gear crow posted:

It was said/implied over the course of the episode that Reign was purpose built by the weirdo Kyrptonian death cult people to be an ungodly strong monster on top of all her yellow sun powers.

That's pretty cool, I might've been drunk for that cards on the table, I just remember when superman got super sun radiation cancer he was like a poo poo ton stronger than regular superman.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That's pretty cool, I might've been drunk for that cards on the table, I just remember when superman got super sun radiation cancer he was like a poo poo ton stronger than regular superman.

it's safe to assume they only borrowed the worst parts of that idea from All-Star Superman, because I don't think she transformed into pure energy to live in the sun for a million years

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just assuming Reign is Supergirl's Doomsday.

In the same vein I'm really not super into Reign as a villain. But like others I'm really buying into the tragedy of a good woman and mother being unable to stop herself from turning into a monster that could hurt her child. Even if her becoming besties with all the other women of Supergirl was maybe a tad bit forced. But overall its working for me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

I'm just assuming Reign is Supergirl's Doomsday.

In the same vein I'm really not super into Reign as a villain. But like others I'm really buying into the tragedy of a good woman and mother being unable to stop herself from turning into a monster that could hurt her child. Even if her becoming besties with all the other women of Supergirl was maybe a tad bit forced. But overall its working for me.

In the comics from couple of years ago, Reign is more alien looking, nothing close to what they've done in the show. She's all business, all the time.

There are a bunch of Worldkillers. She's the leader.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hey look, Brainiac-5
https://twitter.com/Supergirltvsite/status/949336440223145984

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That looks cool

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He kind of weirds me out. Which I guess is appropriate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm. Brainiac is also going to be on the SyFy Krypton series. I wonder if they will vaguely connect.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Hmmm. Brainiac is also going to be on the SyFy Krypton series. I wonder if they will vaguely connect.

Brainiac and Brainiac 5 are different characters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Brainiac and Brainiac 5 are different characters

You don't say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think that make up looks kind of weird and if it was anybody but Jesse Rath I'd be worried but he did a pretty good job of acting while wearing ridiculous poo poo in Defiance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I will be very impressed if Kara has a fling with him.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rhyno posted:

You don't say.

Okay but Ultron and Ultron-5 are the same person? Wtf comics??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Okay but Ultron and Ultron-5 are the same person? Wtf comics??

Comics are jerks.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Does this mean Indigo coming's back?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Looks kind of like a Fred Armisen character in that shot

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I guess all of the Coluans are blue now