Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm glad BSS gets double money and the freedom to do what they want.

My problem is what they want to do isn't come help me move all this firewood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Mob posted:

I'm glad BSS gets double money and the freedom to do what they want.

My problem is what they want to do isn't come help me move all this firewood

I would prefer if they were doing Mustache mountain tags and Pete Dunne singles, but over the summer when they came over to us, they were exlusively doing six man matches with a ton of comedy. We all just want Pete Dunne to bite people and kick the ref.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Any goons at the NXT show in Bel Air, MD tonight?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oatgan posted:

imagine not filming that match

WWE film everything, they just don't release it. And if you're going to talk about that, remember Sami talking about all the amazing Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville matches in front of 20 people.

Jerusalem posted:

I thought the argument was that WWE was looking to prevent a big UK-wide promotion/television program getting off the ground (World of Sports?) by offering small but guaranteed money to UK indy wrestlers so they could still wrestle the indies but not on any non-WWE television in the UK?

I think people said it was something like $20,000 a year to signed, and then paid per match/appearance. So if World of Sport became a hit, they'd be annoyed, but WWE kind of got them at a steal, all things considered. They likely pocketed an easy 20 grand, way bigger exposure than ever before, and still got to wrestle the indies as much as they wanted, just not on days WWE needed them (and no ROH, TNA, New Japan. Possibly mexican promotions as well, I don't know the details).

In happier news, whenever Trent Seven is there I'm astounded at how much he's willing to play second fiddle to the young guys. You can't tell me HHH has any involvement in the UK division.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Why Kyle missed the odd NXT live event recently.

Wednesday was the day of the NXT tapings:
https://twitter.com/KORcombat/status/937374449657155586

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Any idea why Alister Black was off of last night’s NXT live event in Bel Air?

He tweeted about it, but then was nowhere to be seen.

Fun show either way. Attendance could’ve been better. Not sure if it did better than the prior Bel Air show, but definitely down from 2 times ago (a sellout headlined by Joe/Aries vs Nakamura/Tye).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OGB posted:

Any idea why Alister Black was off of last night’s NXT live event in Bel Air?

He tweeted about it, but then was nowhere to be seen.

Fun show either way. Attendance could’ve been better. Not sure if it did better than the prior Bel Air show, but definitely down from 2 times ago (a sellout headlined by Joe/Aries vs Nakamura/Tye).

Black was most likely watching the Overeem fight. Both Dutch kickboxers and I do believe friends.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I thought the argument was that WWE was looking to prevent a big UK-wide promotion/television program getting off the ground (World of Sports?) by offering small but guaranteed money to UK indy wrestlers so they could still wrestle the indies but not on any non-WWE television in the UK?

World of Sport kind of imploded all on it's own, mostly because the producers knew gently caress-all about wrestling and how their talent makes a living (sort of similar to Lucha Underground, just without AAA being around to strongarm people into doing it anyway) so ended up having to try and find someone to actually run the wrestling promotion side of things... and the person they got was Jeff Jarrett.

There was also the 5-Star promotion that is basically either a scam or a promoter that has no clue how to build his own talent.

Supposedly WWE are still trying to get the UK show onto somewhere like ITV, as they want it to be a real TV show, not a Network only thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

World of Sport kind of imploded all on it's own

I don't doubt it, but I think WWE made their moves before it became apparent that World of Sport wasn't gonna work out? When they were looking at JR as the commentator and there was at least the reasonable notion of it being on ITV weekly with a much larger potential audience than WWE?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
OK someone gif that fat sweaty red faced guy yelling at Andrade in the beginning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Andrade raises two good points. He DID tell us, and he IS the Champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lars vs Roddy? :hellyeah:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like how Lars is this mild mannered soft spoken guy and then turns into a terrifying flesh golem when he wrestles.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Andrade already did "I told you so" at the start of the show, Cole :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did I miss something? Since when has Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville been arch-rivals?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think I've ever quite seen such a splat on a successful suicide dive before, god drat.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
The fake press conference thing is dumb

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

The fake press conference thing is dumb

Yeah, this is dumb as poo poo. I get that they're trying to do something different, but hopefully they drop it sooner than later.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Did I miss something? Since when has Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville been arch-rivals?

They started a program like 2 weeks before both got called up as heels. I guess they felt the need to blow this off even though the alignments were all screwy now?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ohno vs Gargano :vince:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This match loving rules

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
YEAH JOHNNY :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have shocking and unpredictable news: Kassius Ohno vs Johnny Gargano was a loving awesome match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Dream legit hurt? We were speculating in the spoiler thread that they'd do a pre-tape to explain him being taken out of the tournament, but that was assuming the Johnny/Ohno match wasn't airing for a couple of weeks.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUingTdSjC4

Wh♠♠?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shayna. Her nickname in MMA and prograps is the Queen of Spades.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
i dunno it looks kinda like jay white

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

"MAMA MIA! WHAT'S "PEN-KNIFE" JAY WHITE DOING IN THE NXT ARENA?!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It's Gunner he was wearing that biker ace of spades get up at the house show in Pittsburgh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

beggar posted:

That'd be pretty dumb on his part considering he's wrestling tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
- Andrade's promo was, uh, rough, but could have gone worse. It is good he's not completely reliant on Zelina to talk
- Lars, on the other hand, should definitely not talk
- Killian Dain's music is kinda great and I'm not sure I've ever heard it before?
- The TUE promo was good, except for the really dumb cheesy ending. I like that they're just hanging out on weird scaffolding in the back
- Riott/Deville was good and I'm glad that short little feud got a decent coda. Dug the finish
- These press conferences are baaaaad. I like that they don't have enough extras to make the rabblerabblerabble part sound like anything other than three people going EmberEmberEmber. can I have my mic back was worth it though

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

- Killian Dain's music is kinda great and I'm not sure I've ever heard it before?

Gotta say I wasn't a particular fan of the "I'm coming to gently caress you up, and also there are little elves because I'm Irish" thing it had going on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad Aces and Eights is moving to NXT

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Resident Idiot posted:

Gotta say I wasn't a particular fan of the "I'm coming to gently caress you up, and also there are little elves because I'm Irish" thing it had going on.
Makes me fear what kind of German stereotype Alexander Wolfe is going to have mixed in to his version. Dain gets Celtic fiddles; Nikki got an electro synth remix; I assume Eric Young will have the basic theme, so that leaves Wolfe with some oompah cover.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The absence of any mention of Dream has me nervous

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's just so we'll be surprised when he runs out to save Aleister Black from a TUE beatdown :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

It's just so we'll be surprised when he runs out to save Aleister Black from a TUE beatdown :pray:

:hai:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

pressedbunny posted:

Makes me fear what kind of German stereotype Alexander Wolfe is going to have mixed in to his version. Dain gets Celtic fiddles; Nikki got an electro synth remix; I assume Eric Young will have the basic theme, so that leaves Wolfe with some oompah cover.

A buttrock oompah tune would be absolutely awesome entrance music.

edit: i mean, really think about it. Like some bon jovi sounding poo poo but played on an accordion and with a distinct air of leiderhosen? Come on that'd be amazing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

- These press conferences are baaaaad. I like that they don't have enough extras to make the rabblerabblerabble part sound like anything other than three people going EmberEmberEmber. can I have my mic back was worth it though

The Performance Center being open to the media is more fake than Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Platypus Farm posted:

A buttrock oompah tune would be absolutely awesome entrance music.

edit: i mean, really think about it. Like some bon jovi sounding poo poo but played on an accordion and with a distinct air of leiderhosen? Come on that'd be amazing.

So a Weird Al polka parody of a Bon Jovi song.

• Locked thread