Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

While they said Sheamus was out of action last week because he was on a trip back to Ireland, he’s actually rehabbing spinal stenosis, which is not a good thing at all. Spinal stenosis ended the careers of Edge and Steve Austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKNzzLaBcOw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Cesaro is cursed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I saw Ted at an indy show recently, he gave Dreamstreet to one of the guys. Still willing to take a bump apparently, which puts him above every other Old Wrestler Making An Appearance I've seen

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

I saw Ted at an indy show recently, he gave Dreamstreet to one of the guys. Still willing to take a bump apparently, which puts him above every other Old Wrestler Making An Appearance I've seen

He retired from in ring stuff early right? Like 1994-5? Don't know the specifics, but guessing not really taking bumps for the past twenty plus years puts him in a better shape than most.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't think I saw it posted here but according to Justin Barrasso, Vince has given Matt Hardy full creative control of his gimmick

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

It's been swept under the carpet a bit but the build to Rock/Austin at X7 wasn't great by any means. The match wasn't official until after No Way Out when Rock beat Angle and the catalyst of the build wasn't their storied careers or long-standing history but Vince forcing Debra to manage the Rock. Each Raw and Smackdown main event for most of March was one or both of them clowning the upper mid card heels (Angle, Benoit, Rikishi, Regal) and then hitting the other's finisher on each other for protecting/not protecting Debra. Then Vince, who had put Debra in that position in the first place, changed his mind two weeks later and took her out of the picture.

So that was the majority of March. The sit-down interview with JR happened on March 22nd and did more in 10 minutes than six weeks of TV accomplished. They finally got each wrestler's motivations out in the open, which was especially important in a face v face match. Problem is, the verbal stuff didn't really match up with their 'my wife, your wife' in-ring story. There was nothing visual that really sold Austin's desperation or Rock's need to prove himself as the best.

Of course, the Limp Bizkit promo package on the night was incredible and made the build look a lot more exciting than it actually was. It's just...considering they had THE two hottest faces butting heads in a WM main event, it was surprising how confused and uninspiring the TV build was.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ted loves God now.

Didn't stop him from buying a win in a Legends Battle Royal some years back

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Thauros posted:

Received a ticketmaster email mentioning WWE house show tickets for a local show here in Pittsburgh on the 28th. I was curious to see what tickets were selling for in comparison to the fairly regular tv tapings and the occasional ppv every that get booked here. Noticed that they weren't selling tickets in the upper deck at all. Is this normal protocol now for all house shows in NBA/NHL size arenas? If so, how long has this been the case?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/wwe-l...4&minorcatid=27

dude even TV show tapings these days have basically empty upper decks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zlb6mIEW78

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's adorable and I love it

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That is cute as hell. I loved New Day watching this shite and chuckling along. Wish I could be buddies with New Day and the Usos.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That rules.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Alexa Bliss on Sam Roberts podcast today said she was close to being cut by NXT. Had pitched to be paired with BAMF for six months.

She really was treading water as the pixie fairy babyface. I know someone who talked to her after getting booed in her home state of Ohio wrestling Sasha Banks. That bothered her for a long, long time. She didn't have the best coping skills or the fullest understanding of the Wrestling business yet. Obviously, she quickly got it after that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also apparently Vince was set on calling Paige's group PMS, but Stephanie heard about it and convinced him to change it.

So thank you Stephanie McMahon for the second women's revolution.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ruby riott is extremely unpleasant to look at

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

much like your posts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

Also apparently Vince was set on calling Paige's group PMS, but Stephanie heard about it and convinced him to change it.

So thank you Stephanie McMahon for the second women's revolution.

This is probably the best thing Stephanie has ever done.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they already had a stable named PMS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boar guy posted:

ruby riott is extremely unpleasant to look at

Which is relevant why?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Rarity posted:

Which is relevant why?

because she also appears to be a terrible wrestler and talker, which combined with her look are pretty much the three things a hand needs to be successful?

its just like, my opinion, man

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

boar guy posted:

because she also appears to be a terrible wrestler and talker, which combined with her look are pretty much the three things a hand needs to be successful?

its just like, my opinion, man

Ruby Riot a terrible wrestler, very interesting opinion.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Ruby Riot a terrible wrestler, very interesting opinion.

sorry i forgot the high level of discourse we maintain here in PSP

edit: have we even seen her wrestle (i dont watch lovely shows that aren;t on tv)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ow, I need a bandaid after all this edge

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Doesn't watch the one consistently good show WWE produces and is extremely proud of it." is by far the weirdest gimmick I've seen multiple people use on this forum.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think Ruby Riott is actually a good wrestler. I know this doesn't quite live up to the high standards of discourse set by "Ruby Riottt is ugly" but I'm trying. I'm not sold on the whole Riotttt Squad thing yet, but that's more on creative than Riottttt since it's kinda weirdly written. I thought Riotttttt was fantastic in NXT and I think she'll be fantastic on the main roster when she finds her footing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sasha and Alexa had to wear full body suits for their match in Abu Dhabi because of their rules on women's dress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Sasha and Alexa had to wear full body suits for their match in Abu Dhabi because of their rules on women's dress.

I wonder if they had to pay for those to be made.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i dont watch NXT because it's not WWE, it's the farm leagues. its not representative of the actual product, by design.

i don't watch the toledo mudhens or the lansing lug nuts, either, i watch the tigers or the indians

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tweet my meat posted:

I think Ruby Riott is actually a good wrestler. I know this doesn't quite live up to the high standards of discourse set by "Ruby Riottt is ugly" but I'm trying. I'm not sold on the whole Riotttt Squad thing yet, but that's more on creative than Riottttt since it's kinda weirdly written. I thought Riotttttt was fantastic in NXT and I think she'll be fantastic on the main roster when she finds her footing.

Debuting Absolution and Riotttttttttt Squad at the exact same time is pretty interesting because it lets us compare them in real time. They showed up the same way, murdering everybody, but Absolution has a clear hierarchy (Paige on top, the other two are her muscle) and they've been shown pretty much just murdering other women. Riotttttttttttttt Squad should have the same hierarchy since it's named after Ruby, but putting them in that segment with Bryan and then putting them in a Lumberjack match put them into the same awful forced parity situation as every single other woman on SmackDown.

You talk about someone becoming "just another guy", well they "just another girl"ed those three in record time with that Bryan segment and this Lumberjack match poo poo.

boar guy posted:

i dont watch NXT because it's not WWE, it's the farm leagues. its not representative of the actual product, by design.

i don't watch the toledo mudhens or the lansing lug nuts, either, i watch the tigers or the indians

Sure, if the Tigers promoted Miguel Cabrera from the Mudhens and then told him to stop hitting so many home runs and start bunting, it's exactly like that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of NXT, WWE had a teaser video for a wrestler debuting on it soon (although its obvious who it is). We aren't supposed to know who it is, although if you open up the image in a new tab, the URL gives it away. :ssh:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
y'all are getting trolled

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sarah and Liv need elocution lessons more than Ruby needs a nose job.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/938833830873624576

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

You talk about someone becoming "just another guy", well they "just another girl"ed those three in record time with that Bryan segment and this Lumberjack match poo poo.

they're just here for the Rumble, I remain convinced

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Putting the reason aside for one sec, Power Ranger Sasha looks pretty cool.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah that is a neat costume

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Bayley wear the mask.

Chad Gable wear the mask.

Ruby Riott wear the mask.

Masks are cool and make for good merch, ugly faces are bad irl and bad on TV.

Kevin Owens wear the Arrested Development Muscle Suit

Finn Balor wear the.... banana hammock.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

VJeff posted:

Putting the reason aside for one sec, Power Ranger Sasha looks pretty cool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Insulting Chad Gable's beautiful face?! Now you've gone too far! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/chillhartman/status/938842920555302912

• Locked thread