Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Mona come back I want to chat and then murder you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Am I misusing the word? It might have a different connotations in other circles. I'm using the word new because I have played Mafia with goons a grand total of one other time.

Anyway if you want me to actually loving defend myself I have no clue why Genex actually Legitimately voted me when I hadnt even shown up to thread yet. That reads way more scummy to me, personally, but I didnt want to countervote because I'd just probably expedite my own lynching.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sorry im mobile I promise I'm here to get my testimonials picked apart.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Busssss!?! (it’s when scum try to lynch each other for town cred)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh I didn’t know Mona voted you I thought it was only CC

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Gene I meant gene voted you

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh see the way I have seen it used in other groups it was a shorthand interchangeable with bandwagon voting. That's my fault!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello Mona do you think gene is scum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

But yeah Gene voted me in the middle of jokephase before I'd even spoken up and I wasnt gonna say anything about it until I was sure jokephase was over. I didnt consider it immediately shady if I'm being honest.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Bus the new guy who rolled over and offered to claim as soon as he had one (1) vote on him

This is a misrepresentation. He said:

Monathin posted:

But also: I'm not scum, just bad! Of that I can claim.

Which on first glance I read as “that’s weird to offer to claim” and then said “oh wait no that’s not actually what he meant.”

Did you misread, YPM, or were you hoping to sneak in some suspicion amidst your jokephase yelling :raise:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Mona you have my permission to vote the scum named gene

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I dunno if Gene is scum but first to vote + obviously targetting the odd duck out reads to me as something that could fly under the radar easily while theoretically scoring an easy D1 mislynch.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a misrepresentation. He said:

Which on first glance I read as “that’s weird to offer to claim” and then said “oh wait no that’s not actually what he meant.”

Did you misread, YPM, or were you hoping to sneak in some suspicion amidst your jokephase yelling :raise:

I misread it, but I also definitely was trying to raise suspicion on him and really didn’t try to read it carefully

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Monathin posted:

I dunno if Gene is scum but first to vote + obviously targetting the odd duck out reads to me as something that could fly under the radar easily while theoretically scoring an easy D1 mislynch.

It reads to me as an awkward entrance by scum who is voting for someone that they can safely switch off of.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM why are you picking on new players. That's not very christmasy of you

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
impressive reasoning

the problem is this: it's wrong

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

impressive reasoning

strong response, I like it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yep. ##unvote

Who are your top three you're most suspicious of Mona? I'm not going to vote you today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your Personal Muse posted:

It reads to me as an awkward entrance by scum who is voting for someone that they can safely switch off of.

I would agree, but I wasnt gonna act on first hunch during jokephase, not to mention voting Gene in retaliation would just make me more suspicious until someone else voted me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

GeneX posted:

impressive reasoning

powerful

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hate them

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Yep. ##unvote

Who are your top three you're most suspicious of Mona? I'm not going to vote you today.

I'm not yet immediately suspicious of anyone except Gene but I will admit that's hard immediate bias due to his vote on me, which I am happy to give him a chance to defend.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That's fair.

I actually don't love Gene's response to you, a little too flip. But I don't want to vote them

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
was gene's vote even serious?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm not new, I just kept forgetting that this sub-subforum existed

Voting for people is good even if you don't want them lynched right now, so while I could read the multiple cases of "I think Gene's suspicious but I won't vote for him" as a kind of weak statement of position to set up something in the future, I'll instead chalk it up to cultural differences

also 3 people did it and this is an open setup with 2 scum, so

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

flerp posted:

was gene's vote even serious?

I recognized Monathin's name from the super league threads in LP and voted accordingly

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

I recognized Monathin's name from the super league threads in LP and voted accordingly

Don't bring my love of fantasy fantasy baseball into this!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

YPM’s “I wasn’t really reading his content well because I just wanted to make him look susp” isn’t sitting great with me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

doctor who shoots people got it

I was a brutal doctor in a game once. I killed more town than scum did.

I was very good at my job.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Monathin posted:

Don't bring my love of fantasy fantasy baseball into this!

nothing good can come from the super league, an offshoot facility of the factory of sadness in cleveland

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hey YPM while the shoe is on the other foot: why did you think Gene was suspicious if you hadnt read him voting me at the start of the day?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

YPM’s “I wasn’t really reading his content well because I just wanted to make him look susp” isn’t sitting great with me.

Yeah, that is a very odd phrase.

I don't know why scum would be so blatant about it though. I'm assuming he meant something other than "I was trying to make a fake case but wasn't paying attention."

So YPM what did you mean by that?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Quidthulhu posted:

I didn’t say I wanted to make him look suspicious. I said that I want to put suspicion on him because, get this, it’s loving day 1 and I don’t know who is scum so I gotta yell a bit about nothing until something happens. You know this. What do you think about Gene?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Monathin posted:

Hey YPM while the shoe is on the other foot: why did you think Gene was suspicious if you hadnt read him voting me at the start of the day?

His casual mention of being vanilla town. It read forced.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I haven’t read Gene yet and I’ve only tangentially looked over that discussion. His explanation seemed reasonable and didn’t scream immediate scum or anything. I’ma eat lunch and then look at that.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asiina posted:

Yeah, that is a very odd phrase.

I don't know why scum would be so blatant about it though. I'm assuming he meant something other than "I was trying to make a fake case but wasn't paying attention."

So YPM what did you mean by that?

I wasn’t trying to make a case (meaning, trying to convince others to lynch him). I was trying to put pressure on him to see how he responded.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

nothing good can come from the super league, an offshoot facility of the factory of sadness in cleveland

The Factory of Sadness is the Cleveland Football Stadium. The Super-League is a fantasy baseball thread.

Something tells me you were just skimming my post history for an easy out. ##vote GeneX

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yes the easy out of "is in another unreleated thread"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

yes the easy out of "is in another unreleated thread"

GeneX posted:

He was the one who brought it up first, and following up with an unrelated football reference when anyone at a passing glance of the thread could tell it's about baseball makes it read like a flimsy excuse to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im not reading some thread about whateverball to test gene's dumb vote

• Locked thread