Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2017
This poll is closed.
:protogas: Jinder Mahal (FORMER WWE Champion) 7 6.42%
:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) 57 52.29%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) 6 5.50%
:eyepop: Ricochet (PWG Champion) 3 2.75%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 4 3.67%
:spergin: Cody Rhodes (ROH World Champion) 5 4.59%
:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact World Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:ironicat: Nattie (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.92%
:troll: Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Champion) 2 1.83%
:corsair: Masaaki Mochizuki (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 9 8.26%
:derp: WHERE'S OKADA/<OTHER WRESTLER>!?! (None of the Above) 15 13.76%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I voted for Masaaki Mochizuki because he is almost as old as Tim Storm and much less racist and homophobic than AJ Styles.

I know about THE GAY COMMUNITY?! and I don't know if AJ has changed since then, but when did he do a racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dromal phrenia posted:

I know about THE GAY COMMUNITY?! and I don't know if AJ has changed since then, but when did he do a racism?

Huge Trump supporter, said some dumb stuff during the 2012 election, likes tweets about refugees being subhuman, some other stuff. The Gay Community thing was the tip of the iceberg too.

Edit: Did they make jokes about him being a birther on Talkin' Shop or was it something else? I know that's been brought up.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 3, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Daniel Bryan suggested he's a Flat Earther on Talking Smack a couple of times

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

aj is not a flat earther and we know this because he explained that when he did have questions about the earths shape he remembered snipers have to take the curvature into account when shooting long distances

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

aj is not a flat earther and we know this because he explained that when he did have questions about the earths shape he remembered snipers have to take the curvature into account when shooting long distances

bob lee swagger

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AJ Styles is too stupid to believe in cool conspiracies like flat Earth.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cats are nice, and I miss her husband.

So I voted for Natalya.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please rescind your vote. Natalya believes in notch, The creator of minecraft

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

on account of aj losing to brock, it being on the b-show smackdown, and most importantly it forevermore being the failed jinder push embarrassment belt, i motion that the wwe championship be stricken from this and future polls for being a secondary title

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

on account of aj losing to brock, it being on the b-show smackdown, and most importantly it forevermore being the failed jinder push embarrassment belt, i motion that the wwe championship be stricken from this and future polls for being a secondary title

I disagree on the basis that the WWE Champion Jinder Mahal won champion of the month in May, and AJ is very likely to win this month unless someone has an army of parachute accounts they're about to unload to push uhhh Eli Drake(?) past the finish line. Also I just noticed that the icon for Charlotte is :troll: and lmfao

Furthermore, based on the information provided on this page I can now use :smugdon: and :trumppop: and :sad: when discussing AJ, so I insist the WWE Championship remain on the ballot at least until he no longer holds the title.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

AJ saved us from Jinder's reign and had the best Brock singles match in years #ThankYouAJ
:yeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There is still time to vote, to either shorten or lengthen AJ's lead, or even surpass it (unlikely as that seems)

MassRafTer posted:

Edit: Did they make jokes about him being a birther on Talkin' Shop or was it something else? I know that's been brought up.

I remember them bringing up Obama to irritate him, and then quickly changing the subject when he got really heated up about it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

when they bring up Obama he gets mad about the deficit and welfare queens

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

there are plenty of reasons to be mad at Obama, but maaaaaaaaan those are not the right reasons

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah hes racist as poo poo m8

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please don't vote for racist bigot AJ Styles

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

If they really wanted to irritate AJ Styles, they should have brought up deportations under Obama and forced him to decide whether Obama Good or Deportation Bad

but noooooo who would want to give us a funny thing when you could just give us a sad thing? :mad:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes i'm sure he would have been conflicted and swayed by ever-reliable Facts

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i voted for jinder mahal in remembrance of the wwe title which will no longer be appearing on the monthly poll

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I enjoyed Styles' match the most this month so I will vote for him since it will be one of the last times I will get to vote for him with the title being dropped soon from voting

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cavauro posted:

please rescind your vote. Natalya believes in notch, The creator of minecraft

Really? And she seemed so nice.

Why must my favourite wrestlemans and wrestleladies be such garbage people?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah hes georgia as poo poo m8

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not what i said!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i voted for aj styles because even though i find him repugnant as a person the same can be said for about 95% of professional wrestlers so i really can't pick and choose here

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

There's no ethical consumption of pro wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Go RV! posted:

There's no ethical consumption of pro wrestling

Micro Man is good and pure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

With multi-time champion Okada out of the running this month, and Pentagon Dark and Chuck Taylor not present due a confluence of timing, the clear winner for this month was a wrestler who has been Rowdy Ringsports' Pro-Wrestling Champion of the Year twice but hadn't won the poll once this month - the Phenomenal AJ Styles.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What a way to go out for the WWE title, getting in the top slot one last time before it comes off the poll.

I'm glad it's getting swapped out for the NWA title

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I guess I'm OK with that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What a way to go out for the WWE title, getting in the top slot one last time before it comes off the poll.

I'm glad it's getting swapped out for the NWA title

I don't get it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The wwe title is being dropped from the poll for being a secondary title

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super No Vacancy posted:

The wwe title is being dropped from the poll for being a secondary title

That's stupid, and I don't believe you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NJPW only gets one World title so Brock defeated AJ for the rights to be on the poll.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's stupid about it? the universe is bigger than the wwe. the universal champion beat the wwe champion. the wwe champion is on a developmental brand. it was held by a career jobber and comedy wrestler until he was defeated by a guy who had just lost the united states championship to baron corbin. it's a joke title. put the powerbomb tv championship on the poll instead

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the universal title is only universal when it gets defended against someone not from earth, until then they are equal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha you idiots I'm not gonna drop the WWE title off the pol-

Meltzer: I think Jinder might win the title back at Clash of Champions.

Wait hold that thought.... :thunk:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's amazing that Rowdy Ringsports' Pro-Wrestling Champion for December, 2017 was actually Jinder Mahal

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Looks like some marks are getting worked up into a shoot :discourse:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The NWA is only national, not world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The NWA is only national, not world.

Actually it's the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion, so it is the championship of more than one world.

• Locked thread