Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Toops posted:

It really defies belief. They are selling PRE-ORDERS for a camera that doesn't yet exist, for a feature that doesn't yet exist, for a game that doesn't exist.

3 scam levels deep. That's a limbo.

proof that Crobberts watched Inception. Every new level of scam slows time/moves deadlines back/resets the "in development since"-counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

Plus, the tech is designed to work with any webcam.

Uh, yeah, but do those cameras have HD lenses? Do they have HD monster cables, HD binding posts, HD monitor clamps, HD instruction manual, and HD warranty card information?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Plus, the tech is designed to work with any webcam.

*rimshot*

runsamok posted:

He's polydactyl, has superfluous vertebrae & has literally more whiskers than a cat is entitled to have. I love my little old dude, had him for 15 years since I saw him on sale at a pet store in the mall, marked down since he was the last kitten in his litter.

Don't blame you. I've had some very special cats, generally because I always pick out the runts.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

runsamok posted:

He's polydactyl, has superfluous vertebrae & has literally more whiskers than a cat is entitled to have. I love my little old dude, had him for 15 years since I saw him on sale at a pet store in the mall, marked down since he was the last kitten in his litter.
-polydactyl
-superfluous vertebrae
-more whiskers than a cat is entitled to have

Your cat is secretly two cats in a trenchcoat, and has been fooling you and your vet for 15 years.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Uh, yeah, but do those cameras have HD lenses? Do they have HD monster cables, HD binding posts, HD monitor clamps, HD instruction manual, and HD warranty card information?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

I wonder how they picked facewaretech to partn...

Oh.

Anyone on Canada want to put down the Hockey sticks and stop molesting a moose to go to this?

quote:

Faceware Technologies is pleased to be returning to the Monteral International Game Summit (MIGS) this December 11-13, 2017 in Montreal, Canada. This summit brings together hundreds of international experts to one of the largest hubs of video game development in the world to share knowledge with the local and international developers attending the show.

Join us this December at Faceware Technologies booth 406, as we dive into the latest in facial animation and facial motion capture technology, including the groundbreaking technology behind the Star Citizen’s live player-to-player in-game character chat in which facial movements are instantly detected and streamed onto the character’s face with stunning realism.

Headed to Montréal and want to join us? We have a limited number of FREE passes to the show to give away. Email us at sales@facewaretech.com and we may have a free pass for you.

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 7, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dominictarason/status/938884839264178177

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DragonpunkGame/status/938878269251665920

Dragons with attachments.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

A goon, too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hell, even Star Citizen has moved away from Cryengine

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
What every FOIP demonstration looks like:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

Fyi the page number thing is even more dumb than the dumb cat tax thing.
If instead of making this post you posted updates of how much funding CIG has received every hour for several pages it would be a lot more comedic and probably get more people to agree with you.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

If instead of making this post you posted updates of how much funding CIG has received every hour for several pages it would be a lot more comedic and probably get more people to agree with you.

You really think that?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Oh you did? And it was legit and everything? Not a Photoshop? I must have missed that. My bad. If could, please re-post. ktnx bye.

I know this was one of my posts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6441#post466611627

AP is keeping track, though. Ask him - I'm sure he has my screens from my account post.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

AP is keeping track, though. Ask him - I'm sure he has my screens from my account post.

I just enjoy asking you which ships you have and you refusing to answer tbh.

I could explain in detail why this is funny to me but I'm aware my sense of humour is by no means normal.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFF0zOViM5g

quote:

Live Status of the current build, AMAZING!

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Thoatse posted:

The Forever Store

Posting from the past, just wanted to applaud this. How long until a Space Commando falling over detonates the Commando?

Edit: poo poo, didn't even notice it was a quote originally. Changing schedules for work is making me dumber than usual.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Saladin Rising posted:

Look at it this way, this is the first time that Star Citizen has actually followed up on anything they've promised.

they outlasted madcat for the joystick poo poo didnt they?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

If anyone else used to follow Bitcoin drama before finding SC, heads-up, Bitcoin is currently pulling off history's best example of a frictionless bubble. Check your usual sources.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I quit following Bitcoin around the time I got banned for posting brazil.txt. Not sure I could wade back into that den of insanity. I prefer this den of insanity.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I do wonder how much overlap there is between SC and Bitcoin adherents. The cargo cult mentality and amazing mental gymnastics are quite similar. Also, the misogyny. And kid-loving.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'm surprised CitCon isn't held in Pattaya.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Because people gently caress kids there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

overseer07 posted:

I quit following Bitcoin around the time I got banned for posting brazil.txt. Not sure I could wade back into that den of insanity. I prefer this den of insanity.
Bitcoin is still good and fun.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

one must imagine sisyphus paarpy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

juggalo baby coffin posted:

one must imagine sisyphus paarpy

At least Sisyphus didn't have to roll Lesnick through a space door.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm sadly not keeping track that closely, which ships do you currently have?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ghostlight posted:

Bitcoin is still good and fun.

I found SC because of Bitcoin. It was that gif of a spaceship lazily falling over a ramp in the hangar, which got posted several times in the Bitcoin thread.

It's going nuclear stupid the last week, particularly today. Went from $6k two weeks ago, to touching $20k today.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

XK posted:

I found SC because of Bitcoin. It was that gif of a spaceship lazily falling over a ramp in the hangar, which got posted several times in the Bitcoin thread.

It's going nuclear stupid the last week, particularly today. Went from $6k two weeks ago, to touching $20k today.

I assume there's still no way to adequately cash anything out, and everyone's still hosed?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Nebiros posted:

Posting from the past, just wanted to applaud this. How long until a Space Commando falling over detonates the Commando?

Edit: poo poo, didn't even notice it was a quote originally. Changing schedules for work is making me dumber than usual.

Goon valor goes to spermcube, whom I was emptyquoting

XK
Jul 9, 2001

overseer07 posted:

I assume there's still no way to adequately cash anything out, and everyone's still hosed?

People are cashing out somewhere. The huge miners are definitely getting money out, and they're probably colluding in a shadowy financial cabal, and painting the tape. If you're a commoner, good luck.

:lol:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Nebiros posted:

My goon valor... Stolen?! :negative:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

My goon valor... Stolen?! :negative:

By
Ryan
Archer

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Not stolen...just Archered

e: dammit!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thoatse posted:

By
Ryan
Archer

Carved on our grave stones.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Engaging shipmode

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

XK posted:

I found SC because of Bitcoin

Same. I'm fascinated by stupidity it seems.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Can the curse be broken? Finally?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

:chloe:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I missed page

Getting psyched for page 6666.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

XK posted:

hey what's up bitcoin-to-sc migration buddy