Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I want Eren... to chow down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Holy poo poo

he is going to eat Tybur, I hope

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Chapter summary:

:words:

:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

wonder if debris from that building will crush Reiner's mom too.

Happy 100 everyone

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Mbisonyes.gif

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
A GRIM REMINDER

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Eren yes.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
That loving ending! :thurman:

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

When a shifter dies, their power gets reborn in an infant somewhere. Homie looks uh. Not great.

If Eren chows down on the corpse, would it still count as eating the shifter or not?

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Yes, as I recall it takes months after the death for the power to be reborn if it isn't inherited. Plus even if the power is reborn in someone else a shifter can still use harvested spinal fluid from a previous shifter to gain the power but not the essence of Ymir. The vial Eren ate to get armor must have been over a hundred years old.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I really wanted like 5 pages of that, but what we got is still cathartic enough

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Something tells me Willy wasn't actually the warhammer titan, but I guess we'll find out next chapter if Eren chows down on him

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
:thurman:

I get the impression Eren was on the verge of calling everything off, but seeing Reiner break down, decaring himself worthless and wishing to die, cleared away all his doubts. Bringing him into that basement wasn't just a move to get Reiner out of the way, rather, he needed to have that conversation - he wanted Reiner to be the last deciding factor as to how he'd proceed.

Or it merely cleared away his enmity, but in the end, with with Tybur's declaration, there was only one way: forward.

It's ambiguous and I love it.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

So who's Eren's comrade? Was he working with Willy? Zeke? A callout for the scouting legion to make their move?

I think Eren always planned on attacking. His forgiveness was to tell Reiner he doesn't blame him for believing the Walled City was evil. His society told him lies, much like how Paradis society were decieved into thinking Humanity was extinct. But even so, Eren is the attack titan who will always fight for his people's freedom. Just because he understands Reiner's tragedy doesn't mean he will back down from the war declared on his country.

RIP Falco

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I think Eren was genuinely sizing up Willy and the crowd and weighing whether to transform. You can see he is moved by Willy's speech, specifically the part about being "born in this world". But once Willy advocates genocide of the Paradis Eldians and the crowd cheers in response, Eren's resolve hardens and he grim reminds them.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I just noticed how Falco is closer to the door on each panel he appears in. Good work, Isayama.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I like Eren saying he has to continue advancing, since that's like, the title of the show or the name of his titan or w/e

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Not sending any diplomatic probes to Paradis after losing containment: a genius plan. You have to be incredibly deluded to think your human enemy is both intelligent and impossible to negotiate with.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Phobophilia posted:

Not sending any diplomatic probes to Paradis after losing containment: a genius plan. You have to be incredibly deluded to think your human enemy is both intelligent and impossible to negotiate with.

But enough about the US foreign policy on North Korea.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

?

Oh hey guys, sorry we almost genocided all of your people. Let's be friends. Don't mind all your people we've enslaved and use as fodder for our wars. K thanks.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Kerning Chameleon posted:

But enough about the US foreign policy on North Korea.

:a2m::agesilaus:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love this manga!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SNAP INTO A TYBUR :getin:

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Captain Invictus posted:

SNAP INTO A TYBUR :getin:

That beefy, juicy taste!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

JahRoo posted:

Something tells me Willy wasn't actually the warhammer titan, but I guess we'll find out next chapter if Eren chows down on him

Makes sense, yeah. He wouldnt kill the warhammer titan before we even seen it in action

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

On that note, it's possible Reiner used his titan powers in last ditch attempt to save Falco. At the very least I'd expect the kid to get in some last words if he did end up biting it.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Reiner totally leaped for Falco who was standing near the door. Kid's gonna live, Reiner might not. Except that Reiner always loving does.

And in crap takes:

Eren gonna chow down on Reiner and the shifter kids, but miss out on Warhammer. Warhammer turns out to be the anti-titan titan. Fight it out.

Rhaka fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 8, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rhaka posted:

Reiner totally leaped for Falco who was standing near the door. Kid's gonna live, Reiner might not. Except that Reiner always loving does.

And in crap takes:

Eren gonna chow down on Reiner and the shifter kids, but miss out on Warhammer. Warhammer turns out to be the anti-titan titan. Fight it out.

What if Eren already ate Reiner while transforming, and he's going to bust out real armor powers when poo poo gets serious?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

This pretty much sums up the chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT2X5b0tyDI

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I'm wondering if Willy is even the true carrier of the Warhammer Titan, given that they knew about the attack beforehand and he was planning to be the target. For as explosively as that chapter ended, we still don't have a very clear picture of how many plots are in motion, and who is in on what. For instance, even though the other warriors were neutralized or contained, Zeke's still free - and his game here remains unclear. We still aren't even sure if it was Paradisians or Marley who trapped Piek and Galliard.

I''m pretty confident that Eren's attack was part of a bigger plan by Armin, and that the Advancing Titan destroying the stage will be the queue for a broader attack/operation - though against who, and for what goal exactly we'll have to wait and see. Decapitating the leadership of Marley and its army could be enough, but killing or capturing the remaining 7 titans out of Paradis's hands also looks like a possible aim as well - the question is where the gently caress Zeke is positioned in this mess?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
That's a pretty good chapter 100 imo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The translation's out.

https://readms.net/manga/attack_on_titan

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

... Taybars?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

If anything older Eren seems far less violent than he was before.

Post from page 321 of this thread, after Chapter 99 was released. Quoting it not to laugh at the poster but rather to show just how this series can go in really surprising directions.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ATP_Power posted:

I'm wondering if Willy is even the true carrier of the Warhammer Titan, given that they knew about the attack beforehand and he was planning to be the target. For as explosively as that chapter ended, we still don't have a very clear picture of how many plots are in motion, and who is in on what. For instance, even though the other warriors were neutralized or contained, Zeke's still free - and his game here remains unclear. We still aren't even sure if it was Paradisians or Marley who trapped Piek and Galliard.

I''m pretty confident that Eren's attack was part of a bigger plan by Armin, and that the Advancing Titan destroying the stage will be the queue for a broader attack/operation - though against who, and for what goal exactly we'll have to wait and see. Decapitating the leadership of Marley and its army could be enough, but killing or capturing the remaining 7 titans out of Paradis's hands also looks like a possible aim as well - the question is where the gently caress Zeke is positioned in this mess?

It's pretty unlikely he is. Considering there's still a few blatant mysteries we've been given (who did Eren mail, the identity of the solder who led the warriors to the trap, Tybur knowing he was likely dead and what he planned around it) This is probably the beginning of a bunch of moves and counter moves and we'll be seeing a lot more Paradisians in the mainland soon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just noticed this dude getting crushed by debris. A ha ha ha ha.

The presentation in this chapter was amazing.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I want to see the last 2 chapters animated.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm a big fan of the sorta portrayals where poo poo's happening so fast that you get a panel-by-panel of people slowly reacting and realizing what's happening in segments.

Like these dudes don't even realize Eren is emerging from right beneath them.

And people are still in their seats as Billy's mangled corpse is tossed into the air and as debris rains upon them.

You can see like one guy running out of his seat.

EDIT: Also, given that Billy was fully intending on dying, I sorta wonder if Kiyomi knew what was gonna go down.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 12, 2017

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Conspiratiorist posted:

I want to see the last 2 chapters animated.

I'm upset we'll have to wait literal years for season 4, because I'm dying to know what the Linked Horizon fascist anthem OP for this arc will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm upset we'll have to wait literal years for season 4, because I'm dying to know what the Linked Horizon fascist anthem OP for this arc will be.

If we're lucky we'll get it July or October 2019.