Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I want 6 so badly rn

Stop. The lack of loading screens walking in and out of shops is just so... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah and Kiwami 2 is just that but with the story of 2, maybe still the best of the series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zero is gonna be pretty hard to ever top for me but im open

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah and Kiwami 2 is just that but with the story of 2, maybe still the best of the series.

I love how there's just gonna be a steady stream of Yakuza for the foreseeable future 😍😍😍

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Y0 was so good that I couldn't play Kiwami 1 right after like I had planned to, it was too much of a step back. I almost regret purchasing it since I'm considering skipping straight to Kiwami 2.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

Y0 was so good that I couldn't play Kiwami 1 right after like I had planned to, it was too much of a step back. I almost regret purchasing it since I'm considering skipping straight to Kiwami 2.
I agree, 0 is better than Kiwami 1. 6 has a lot less side content than other games but way smoother combat, and if K2 has all the content that normal 2 did (especially being a host, I hope they didn't leave that out) and with a bunch of new stuff, it's gonna be the best game yet in basically every category.

I still wish they would update Kenzan though, since that is also waaaay up there.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
To combine the previous two lines of conversation, there's no way I'm going to plat Y0, because getting 100% Completion requires you to git gud a ton of different minigames. I'm not going to master mahjong, shogi, baccarat, 5 different variations of billiards, multiple rhythm games, video game darts, etc.

I think only .8% of people with the game have platted it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ignore trophies/achievements, they are dumb poo poo.

the only time i hear people talking about them is when they are describing how tedious it is to get all of them for a particular game. Stop playing games in a manner that makes you dislike them.

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
No I want them.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Guillermus posted:

Oh well, I got DMC 1-3 (and 4) on xbox360 and there's no way that they will properly remaster them for the ps4.

Honestly, if they just make every cutscene in-engine, I'll probably buy the games for the 5th, 3rd and 7th time respectively...

acksplode
May 17, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

the only time i hear people talking about them is when they are describing how tedious it is to get all of them for a particular game. Stop playing games in a manner that makes you dislike them.

Sir beg your pardon but it is extremely the fault of video games that I'm spending all this time joylessly collecting meaningless achievements and little toys with builtin cosmetic DLC. My brain worms have nothing to do with this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

spudsbuckley posted:

I've platted about 10 games, and many were fun. Resogun, Rocketleague, Bloodborne, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst were extremely satisfying to plat, especially Bloodborne, but it's also the best game released in the last half-decade so having more excuses to play it was an easy sell.

Dark Souls 3 was painful to plat, and I can assure you that "Sunk Cost" was no fallacy in that situation. Once I had gone far enough down the rabbit hole of time wasted... I needed to finish to prove to myself that I could. It was absolute mental illness, irrational to the Nth degree. Happy I did it and I'll never do it again, now that I know the warning signs.

Everyone should plat Bloodborne tho

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so uh From Software's game was just teased at Game Awards. Get ready for PSX!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hey so uh From Software's game was just teased at Game Awards. Get ready for PSX!

And it definitely looked like Bloodborne 2.

Fine, okay VGAs, I'll accept it.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know what it is but I'm hyped. Blood Core 4A!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

People are saying its totally a shadow of yarnham reference

acksplode
May 17, 2004

That bone rope thing looks like a trick weapon that's about to transform

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Real hurthling! posted:

People are saying its totally a shadow of yarnham reference

I don't actually think it has anything to do with those guys, cause they were mostly forgettable. From's original tagline, "The Cleric Beast Rides Again" was a little too on the nose though, so they just came up with some bloodborne-y sounding poo poo that ultimately doesn't mean anything.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Someone said it's a hanging and it does kind of look that way. It's weird though because the contraption has a bone and the rope looks all bloody and there's a knife or a woodworking tool jammed in the background with scrawls or something all over it, and it sounds like it's raining. I'd like it to be a different setting. Is there really baccarat in Yak Zero?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anyone have any idea what Death Stranding is supposed to be about because I sure as hell don't

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone have any idea what Death Stranding is supposed to be about because I sure as hell don't

yeah i know exactly what its about

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Its about ropes not sticks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well that was insightful.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

hideo kojima's drug problem

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hot take: death stranding will be kojima's "oh i guess he did kinda need an editor" swan song

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was Death Stranding always exclusive?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Yes

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fix posted:

Ever since he announced it was using the Horizon engine, I believe. Or even when he got fired by Konami I'm pretty sure Sony gave him a blank check

Also I too would do anything for Kojima

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Alright then

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fix posted:

kojipro is second party iirc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I guess we know From's next thing is not sci fi and is dark lol. Could definitely be Bloodborne 2 but I'm more inclined to think the Mayan thing is a go now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

So I guess we know From's next thing is not sci fi and is dark lol. Could definitely be Bloodborne 2 but I'm more inclined to think the Mayan thing is a go now.

that could be sci fi, theres blood bone crank machines in science. did you even go to school lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's Armored Core but one of the robots has a bloody medieval bone weapon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is it my stream or did a way outs graphics get way worse?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

veni veni veni posted:

It's Armored Core but one of the robots has a bloody medieval bone weapon.

if you've got a better idea for Game of the Year I'd like to hear it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Is it my stream or did a way outs graphics get way worse?

It really looks like it, but not all of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Also props to witchfire faking me out hard that it was a walking sim and not a new painkiller

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Woah, Witchfire looks dope. I was internally cracking a joke in my head that it looked like the vanishing of Dark Souls but then it took a couple of turns I didn't expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

i dont care what it is just give it to me