Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also “removed from the town mindset” as if you have a monopoly on the intimate knowledge of what constitutes good town play :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Quidthulhu posted:

Maybe we just play D1 differently? I’m having a hard time believing you are writing all this with genuine intent. I’ve never seen you get on, say, Inf for being 100% certain he was right about reading someone based on a tangential gut read, at least not in a format that caused you to write five paragraphs about it.

I’ve gotten on Inf plenty of times. The game that I recently played with him that I didn’t really get on him were special circumstances where I wanted him to think I was scum so I was super buddying up to him. Unfortunately it worked on everyone but him. Like I’ve been called scum in every game because I’m aggressive.

I have become uninterested in brutally murdering you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why? :confused:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Because it read as town defending his play style rather than scum defending his alignment.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So are you saying you can’t form any opinions on anyone until you engage them directly or something? I really want to ask you who you think are scum right now but I am getting the feeling you’re gonna be all “too early for opinions,” and I think you can see why that’s frustrating and suspicious.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Quidthulhu posted:

So are you saying you can’t form any opinions on anyone until you engage them directly or something? I really want to ask you who you think are scum right now but I am getting the feeling you’re gonna be all “too early for opinions,” and I think you can see why that’s frustrating and suspicious.

I think Gene is scum due to his forced posting which is why I voted him. I don’t have any other scum reads.

Quid, one day you’ll realize that I yell and batter at people in good faith

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That sure was a slapfight over D1 pressuring people for the sake of mediocre reads, yup.

nice to know that while either of you might be scum, you probably aren't both scum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Who are your top three you're most suspicious of Mona? I'm not going to vote you today.

Hey Keane, you still over there buddy, what's your opinions. You asked me mine at the time (they've since changed a bit but I don't want to play those out yet) and I never got your thoughts.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

GeneX posted:

That sure was a slapfight over D1 pressuring people for the sake of mediocre reads, yup.

nice to know that while either of you might be scum, you probably aren't both scum

You continue to amaze

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina come save this game 🙏🙏🙏

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Your Personal Muse posted:

You continue to amaze

I try my best, friend

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

yeah do it by shooting quid

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
only in the most loving way

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Monathin posted:

Hey Keane, you still over there buddy, what's your opinions. You asked me mine at the time (they've since changed a bit but I don't want to play those out yet) and I never got your thoughts.

My dude, and the game in general: I am not going to be available to respond immediately and expecting someone to be omnipresent in a game is pretty silly.

That said I'd go quid right now, but I'm VERY curious to see your answers~~~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry if I responded more aggressively than was called for, I have been called out "for lurking" in games for not being at the Beck and call of the thread and it's deeply irritating to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa Keane no need to be so defensive my dude

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can I call you out for dropping suspicions on me without anything to back it up? I’d love to call you out for that!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Can I call you out for dropping suspicions on me without anything to back it up? I’d love to call you out for that!

Oh yeah, that's absolutely a fair call out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa Keane no need to be so defensive my dude

This has happened across multiple games and it's really incredibly frustrating. I don't work the same hours as many other posters and I don't always have proper internet access.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like GeneX made a post about me disappearing less than two hours after my previous post. Come on now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who scum, Keane

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

My dude, and the game in general: I am not going to be available to respond immediately and expecting someone to be omnipresent in a game is pretty silly.

That said I'd go quid right now, but I'm VERY curious to see your answers~~~

That's fine! I wasn't trying to call you out for lurking, sorry if it came off that way.

Anyway, some miscellaneous thoughts.

I think my biggest suspicions right now....

- I'm much more inclined to think of Asiina because of a lack of presence for what is nearly a whole 24 hours but I'm not gonna go for lurker bait twice in one post, so I'm willing to give a little (but not much) leeway
- I have no clue where flerp stands. I can't tell if he's playing aggressive just cause that's his style or if he's trying to do some 'being so aggressive to double bluff people off thinking he's scum' nonsense.
- Speaking of aggressive, I'm slowly coming around to the idea of YPM biting off way more than should be reasonable, but again, unsure how much of that is playing style and how much of it is puffed up scumhunting for appearances sake.
- I'm honestly seriously feeling a No Lynch D1 because I don't think any conclusions reached in the first day are going to be at all convincing of the greater majority and Town should still be at an advantage even if one of us goes down overnight.

And in fact I feel strong enough about that last bit to go for it so

##vote nolynch

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

CCKeane posted:

Like GeneX made a post about me disappearing less than two hours after my previous post. Come on now.

fair enough, sorry about that

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Who scum, Keane

Monathin posted:

That's fine! I wasn't trying to call you out for lurking, sorry if it came off that way.

Anyway, some miscellaneous thoughts.

I think my biggest suspicions right now....

- I'm much more inclined to think of Asiina because of a lack of presence for what is nearly a whole 24 hours but I'm not gonna go for lurker bait twice in one post, so I'm willing to give a little (but not much) leeway
- I have no clue where flerp stands. I can't tell if he's playing aggressive just cause that's his style or if he's trying to do some 'being so aggressive to double bluff people off thinking he's scum' nonsense.
- Speaking of aggressive, I'm slowly coming around to the idea of YPM biting off way more than should be reasonable, but again, unsure how much of that is playing style and how much of it is puffed up scumhunting for appearances sake.
- I'm honestly seriously feeling a No Lynch D1 because I don't think any conclusions reached in the first day are going to be at all convincing of the greater majority and Town should still be at an advantage even if one of us goes down overnight.

And in fact I feel strong enough about that last bit to go for it so

##vote nolynch

Alright so basically I'm feeling Mona as scum and I was pushing them for three because I figured a newer player would probably put their scum buddy on the list. This post certainly does very little to alleviate my suspicions, so I'm going to focus on the three players Mona listed. Immediately you'll note that all three players listed are spoken of in alarmingly hedgy ways, and this continues my suspicions of Mona being scum.

Mona's post on Asiina is boiler plate lurker and I am not suspicious of Asiina at this time for it. Please note reasoning Mona has given.

Flerp and YPM are both viable scum candidates from this post, and I'm leaning fairly significantly on it being Flerp instead of YPM, since Mona seems to be setting a YPM juke if the no vote works out.

Anyway I'm going back on my word here, it's a 9 person game so no free newbie rides, sorry Mona.

##vote:Mona

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Who scum, Keane

I don't really think you're scum I wanted to say the name of an active poster to draw a response from Mona. I will write an apology poem for you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is Just to Say

I have finished
The post
That was for
The game thread

And which
You were probably
Hoping
Would name Hal

Forgive me
They were aggressive
Elite
And so bold

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Okay I will do this.

i think flerp and Quid are being very townie.

I don't think YPM's initial case being forced is bad because it's D1 and cases are going to be terrible. That said, this is real bad.

Quid. Everyone makes everything out of nothing on day 1. You are barking up the wrong tree and it’s weird. Me not having much of a case is like surface level scummy but if you think about it for two seconds you realize that it’s day 1 and it’s either this or no lynch.

There are still 2 days left in D1 and you're saying that your original throwing things at the wall and see what sticks case is the only way to go or we no lynch?

That's crazy and doesn't match the trying to pull us out of jokephase narrative you've been saying.

Although actually as I'm writing this and reading this post again I think maybe he means bad cases are all we have to go on or else we'd be resigned to no lynching. YPM is that what you mean?

I should probably erase all the rest of that but too bad, we're stream of conscious-ing this poo poo.

Moving on to this post:

Monathin posted:

##vote nolynch

This is just flat out not true. Please point to anywhere close to a 24 hour period where I have not posted.

Also again, 2 days left of D1 and you're voting for a no lynch? This is real bad. Combined with the false call out of Keane lurking, I'm going with ##vote Monathin

I don't usually vote new people D1 of their first game, but 9 players leave too little room for error so I'm breaking my own rule.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Cilliam Carlos Killiams

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Alright so basically I'm feeling Mona as scum and I was pushing them for three because I figured a newer player would probably put their scum buddy on the list. This post certainly does very little to alleviate my suspicions, so I'm going to focus on the three players Mona listed. Immediately you'll note that all three players listed are spoken of in alarmingly hedgy ways, and this continues my suspicions of Mona being scum.

Mona's post on Asiina is boiler plate lurker and I am not suspicious of Asiina at this time for it. Please note reasoning Mona has given.

Flerp and YPM are both viable scum candidates from this post, and I'm leaning fairly significantly on it being Flerp instead of YPM, since Mona seems to be setting a YPM juke if the no vote works out.

Anyway I'm going back on my word here, it's a 9 person game so no free newbie rides, sorry Mona.

##vote:Mona

Keane you beautiful bastard you stole my case and also my rule breaking.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina’s effort post ruined my perfectly timed poem signature

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
rekt

I'm going back to knitting and watching the classic christmas movie The VVitch

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Asiina’s effort post ruined my perfectly timed poem signature

I'm glad you appreciated my apology poem. It's gotten me out of a lot of jams over the years.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I will once again reiterate I'm not scum, just bad. There's probably a lot of bad readings on my part, which is admittedly. I didn't realize how long D1 could go on for (as I said, last time I did a Goon Game it was 2 years ago and I vaguely recall being useless there for role-related reasons).

I'm glad you're here in the thread now, though. I'll admit I made myself look awful and that my defenses would be at best sloppy. I'm probably trying too hard and should just step away for a little bit, I think I'm in the trap of trying to solve the game as quickly as possible.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I'm glad you appreciated my apology poem. It's gotten me out of a lot of jams over the years.

The original is actually one of my favorite poems ever.

Asiina, why do you feel flerp is town? It’s the only thing in your casework that isn’t jiving with me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asiina posted:

Okay I will do this.

i think flerp and Quid are being very townie.

I don't think YPM's initial case being forced is bad because it's D1 and cases are going to be terrible. That said, this is real bad.

There are still 2 days left in D1 and you're saying that your original throwing things at the wall and see what sticks case is the only way to go or we no lynch?

That's crazy and doesn't match the trying to pull us out of jokephase narrative you've been saying.

Although actually as I'm writing this and reading this post again I think maybe he means bad cases are all we have to go on or else we'd be resigned to no lynching. YPM is that what you mean?

I should probably erase all the rest of that but too bad, we're stream of conscious-ing this poo poo.

Moving on to this post:

Yes, I was saying we would no lynch otherwise. No lynching is bad that's my opinion I hope you like it

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also what does biting off way more than I can handle even mean? Mona are you scum after I decided not to murder you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like this post

flerp posted:

??????

i asked if gene's vote was serious because it came at like the start of the day, during joke phase, and had no clue if it was 4 real or not. and then you decided to vote for gene (when you made a fuss about how you werent going to vote for them) because they said baseball instead of football and like that reasoning makes no sense to me.

That poo poo made no sense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yes, I was saying we would no lynch otherwise. No lynching is bad that's my opinion I hope you like it

Right but are you saying it's either a bad case or no lynch OR your bad case or no lynch?

There's a difference but I don't know if I'm being clear about it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asiina posted:

Right but are you saying it's either a bad case or no lynch OR your bad case or no lynch?

There's a difference but I don't know if I'm being clear about it.

A bad case or no lynch. All day 1 cases are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

90% of mafia cases are bad always tho

• Locked thread