Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Y'all had Link and Vader and poo poo, but SC6 you're gonna have to really step up the weird-rear end guest characters to compete these days.

Xbox gets William from Nioh and PS4 gets Tellion+Celebrimbor

PC gets Ash prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Babe Magnet posted:

SOUL CALIBUR 6 CONFIRMED

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm just holding out hope for tira to return

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Dias posted:

Pickle Rick DLC

That would actually kick rear end

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i'm just holding out hope for tira to return

same but dampierre

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

same but dampierre

bring back all the cool new guys that werent just children of the old guys imo

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Kiryu for Tekken, Majima for Soul Calibur

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crocoswine posted:

Kiryu for Tekken, Majima for Soul Calibur

Please harada

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Goro in Tekken, break dance battle versus Chloe.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Goro in Tekken, break dance battle versus Chloe.

MK Goro in Soul Calibur, different weapon in each hand.

Also I assume Ivy will be like 90% boobs now given the trend.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

also chloe has a knife

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Cloud Strife will be in Soul Caliber

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reiley posted:

As will I

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Reiley posted:

The famous smash brother?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Saint Freak posted:

The famous smash brother?

look at this scrub who never blessed the ring

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Can someone explain to me why UE4 is getting so popular for fighting games? It would make sense that it would be cheaper than developing a new engine from scratch, but what other advantages does it bring?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bushmaori posted:

Can someone explain to me why UE4 is getting so popular for fighting games? It would make sense that it would be cheaper than developing a new engine from scratch, but what other advantages does it bring?

I think its just a good, efficient, easy to code for multi-platform engine on its fourth iteration so it has a lot of familiarity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Also all the big devs have experience on it now so why switch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bushmaori posted:

because xrd did a really good job with it

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
im gonna cry when sc6 is worse than 5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe they'll go back and just do a basic game without all the weird bad mechanics

Rumor is they couldnt get their idea of characters having weapon selection like how mk does its char variations to work so they had to scale the game back substantially

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I haven't played earlier Tekken games but isn't Tekken 7 considered to be the best one, or at least one of the best ones? And SC6 seems to be produced by the same guy.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

because xrd did a really good job with it
Yeah they did, it's pretty amazing that it has the flexibility for such cool a cool look as well as traditional 3d graphics. Though I imagine a lot of that is the talent of the Xrd team.

Faffel posted:

I think its just a good, efficient, easy to code for multi-platform engine on its fourth iteration so it has a lot of familiarity.

Oh right, I completely overlooked the multi-platform stuff.

Just cool to see how UE has changed over the years, and how it works in different genres.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

Maybe they'll go back and just do a basic game without all the weird bad mechanics

Rumor is they couldnt get their idea of characters having weapon selection like how mk does its char variations to work so they had to scale the game back substantially

that would be fine by me. game with lots of chars, dont get too fancy. remove useless moves etc. just sort of... do what sc5 was supposed to be, but instead of story and chars its with gameplay.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

yo mamma a Horus posted:

im gonna cry when sc6 is worse than 5

Who cares as long as the dress up options are good?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

Aside from being well-proven as everyone else has said, Epic has a dedicated documentation and support office in Japan, so there's no timezone or language barriers.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I thought Xrd was Unreal 3, which is why it loads so fast compared to all the UE4 games. Also: Tifa should be in Tekken.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Reiley posted:

I thought Xrd was Unreal 3, which is why it loads so fast compared to all the UE4 games. Also: Tifa should be in Tekken.
Xrd was based on Unreal 3, yes, since it was cheaper at the time (UE4 had just launched), supported all the platforms they were targeting, and was easy for both programmers and artists to work with.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If they put Sol in Soul Caliber you can call it SOL CALIBER

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
he can be the villain

the soul badguy

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
SC5 was disappointing. I've missed the game series, I am hopeful that SC6 will be decent. Guess we don't really know very much about it yet, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokken's better, honestly.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jack Trades posted:

I haven't played earlier Tekken games but isn't Tekken 7 considered to be the best one, or at least one of the best ones? And SC6 seems to be produced by the same guy.

Basically, yes. It's been really well received by 99% of the Tekken community and brought in a tonne of new players

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Incidentally, I wonder if Fighter Z (or any other fighter really) will manage to come anywhere near the player numbers Tekken 7 has on PC.
Tekken 7 still has a really high number on concurrent players on Steam that no other fighter comes close to even.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I imagine Fighter Z will get a shitload of people inthe early weeks because it looks so much like a DBZ fight and people love DBZ. But i wonder how many will stick around to try and learn a airdasher with tags.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Promo art shows the Soul Calibur 2 designs for soul edge and soul calibur are coming back, which along with the "history hides more than one truth" indicates to me they may be rebooting the series. I hope so

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/939148871619420161

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I kind of liked SC5 and I'm gonna miss Pyrrha Omega but I'll live

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Promo art shows the Soul Calibur 2 designs for soul edge and soul calibur are coming back, which along with the "history hides more than one truth" indicates to me they may be rebooting the series. I hope so

press kit more or less says it's a reboot
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-first-details-screenshots

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pokken and Tekken are real good, and yeah i dont think the base for FighterZ will stay as big because of its design nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dj Meow Mix posted:

SC1 and 2 are the best ones so this is good. I kinda got that vibe from classic Athens and Yung Mitsurugi