Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yall talking about the free game on steam? It's a loving around simulator with very light puzzles, you throw poo poo around and do stuff until you unlock the next scene. It's kinda fun

edit: Accounting, that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

gently caress, I'm noticing I'm really over elaborate orchestral medleys of video game music with people who are never as cool as they try to look.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, From's cool. As long as whatever they do next isn't Dark Souls/Demon Souls/in that genre, I'll be interested, because they're amazing at world-building and making weird spooky games - but I'm incredibly bad at the gameplay, so, haha.

Oh I love From, and I'm probably more than a little Hyped, but I want more.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

It's a person being hung with three cryptic words, I have never been more erect.

Shadow's Die Twice. This being revealed here means it is not BB2 so I am happy I don't need to go to a friends house to play the next From game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe I live in a world where I see a cellist and I'm like "she's really putting in a lot more effort than this is worth. Is that the chick that did the Wonder Woman theme?" then google it and find out I'm right.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This Edith Finch dev is wearing a loving top hat. That is badass lol.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did i accidentally log out

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

The one thing I like about these things is watching good people being really happy in this loving dark dumb world of ours

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ghostlight posted:

I can't believe I live in a world where I see a cellist and I'm like "she's really putting in a lot more effort than this is worth. Is that the chick that did the Wonder Woman theme?" then google it and find out I'm right.

To be fair it's the one good superhero theme since Nolan's Batman.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Weird fistbump between Guillermo and Kojima
Edit: hahaha what
Edit2: link has a hog now

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 8, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Me 5 seconds before best story winner is announced "there's no way edith finch will win even if it 100% deserves i-"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I knew they weren't gonna give Narrative to the game that deserved it but Nier still got robbed.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Fruitsnacks posted:

The home versions of Tekken *are* the expanded arcade versions, so T7 on console/PC is actually a port of the arcade T7FR update. The console versions of T6 and TTT2 didn't get additional paid updates and T7 probably won't get one either.

Here's the T7 thread if you want to ask any questions: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819725
Nice, that's useful info. Thanks.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Bayonetta 3 switch exclusive thanks for nothing

OH gently caress THEY'RE SHOWING DEATH STRANDING

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 8, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Looks dope as.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Utterly loving amazing

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Isn't it probably only gonna be on Playstation tho?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Black Griffon posted:

Bayonetta 3 switch exclusive thanks for nothing

OH gently caress THEY'RE SHOWING DEATH STRANDING

Sega has sole copyright on Bayonetta 3, as with the original game (Bayonetta 2 is "(C) Nintendo (C) Sega"), so it actually might just be a timed Switch exclusive. Maybe.

Death Stranding, I dunno. The PC version hasn't been talked about since the original studio announcement, AFAIK, and it's using a Sony first-party engine designed for PS4, which is a decision that hadn't been made when the studio was formed. So I wouldn't be shocked if the PC version is cancelled outright.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Has there been any gameplay shown for Death Stranding? All I've seen so far is long cut-scene trailers.
Yes I know it's a Kojima game and it'll have that, but Dead Island had an amazing trailer for it as well, and the game was pretty shallow.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kragger99 posted:

Has there been any gameplay shown for Death Stranding?
nope just navel gazing trailers

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kragger99 posted:

Has there been any gameplay shown for Death Stranding? All I've seen so far is long cut-scene trailers.
Yes I know it's a Kojima game and it'll have that, but Dead Island had an amazing trailer for it as well, and the game was pretty shallow.

I think most MGSV trailers were not gameplay and the best part of that game was gameplay.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

I assume because he's basically off the leash, no one is going to drag him kicking and screaming into making an actual playable game out of his fever dream so it's going to be garbage to actually play and experience whatever the gently caress that was.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo, "from the developers of vanishing of ethan carter" <pulls out gun> "but also painkiller" was loving dope

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Witchfire looks like a Dark Souls FPS

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

gently caress the oscars.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think Kojima has earned himself a couple freebies

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
this is the greatest moment in videogame award show history

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I will never betray Kojima-san

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
e: wrong thread.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Rookersh posted:

I bought it and yes. It's a decent modern Warcraft 3. It's not as uh, crazy as Spellforce 1/2 in terms of plot/hero diversity, but the heroes are now more like WC3 heroes which plays better.

Campaign seems neat so far and I've made a few RPG choices that seem to have dramatically changed how the plot is going. Length is probably going to be the decider for how worth it ends up being.

More importantly they've learned from the previous games. One of my favorite Spellforce 2 missions was a mission where you snuck your heroes into the Kings Fortress and fight your way to murder the king with RTWP combat. Meanwhile outside you still had to build an army/defend the castles gates against the kings army trying to break in to save him. It led to a situation where a few of my more army focused heroes stayed outside to buff my army ( because you could build heroes to do massive AoEs ) while my core force was making it's way through this huge castle. Spellforce 3 has already had a similar mission which was good at getting me multitasking a bunch.

It's also fun for twisting a trope on it's head. I can go into it more for people that want to hear some spoilers ( or basically just repeating the intro video of Spellforce 1 ) but seeing anti mage/pro mage being so big right now is funny since I know how the game will end/Spellforce 1 starts.

Y'all should buy the full Spellforce series. It good. It's super worth it.

Thanks, I'm a fan of RTS and RPGs but haven't ever played a Spellforce.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Anyone win anything yet? With 150 of each title the odds aren’t too bad. I’ve got it on upstairs while I watch LEGO Friends with my daughters. Honestly I don’t think Stephanie’s going to win the class president election but I’m sure there’s a valuable lesson to be learned in the end.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, From's cool. As long as whatever they do next isn't Dark Souls/Demon Souls/in that genre, I'll be interested, because they're amazing at world-building and making weird spooky games - but I'm incredibly bad at the gameplay, so, haha.

from need to make an armored core game for steam.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Too Shy Guy posted:

Anyone win anything yet?

nope

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Too Shy Guy posted:

Anyone win anything yet? With 150 of each title the odds aren’t too bad. I’ve got it on upstairs while I watch LEGO Friends with my daughters. Honestly I don’t think Stephanie’s going to win the class president election but I’m sure there’s a valuable lesson to be learned in the end.

They claim you just need the stream open but I probably did it wrong or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gomi Day posted:

from need to make an armored core game for steam.

They confirmed a week or two ago that there will be another AC game in the somewhat near future.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I think that dude saying gently caress the oscars won a fuckton of cocaine

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Is she wearing a low key mocap suit?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A developer literally named their game "GTFO"

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I cant loving breath, that title holy poo poo GTFO

Edit: laughing so hard I posted in the wrong thread even

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 8, 2017

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

So apparently Crows Crows Crows is making an accounting game with the Rick and Morty people or something. God all of these award people are very awkward.

This is a deluxe version of the game that they're porting to playstation. Free version came out on steam a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rookersh posted:

I bought it and yes. It's a decent modern Warcraft 3. It's not as uh, crazy as Spellforce 1/2 in terms of plot/hero diversity, but the heroes are now more like WC3 heroes which plays better.

Campaign seems neat so far and I've made a few RPG choices that seem to have dramatically changed how the plot is going. Length is probably going to be the decider for how worth it ends up being.

More importantly they've learned from the previous games. One of my favorite Spellforce 2 missions was a mission where you snuck your heroes into the Kings Fortress and fight your way to murder the king with RTWP combat. Meanwhile outside you still had to build an army/defend the castles gates against the kings army trying to break in to save him. It led to a situation where a few of my more army focused heroes stayed outside to buff my army ( because you could build heroes to do massive AoEs ) while my core force was making it's way through this huge castle. Spellforce 3 has already had a similar mission which was good at getting me multitasking a bunch.

It's also fun for twisting a trope on it's head. I can go into it more for people that want to hear some spoilers ( or basically just repeating the intro video of Spellforce 1 ) but seeing anti mage/pro mage being so big right now is funny since I know how the game will end/Spellforce 1 starts.

Y'all should buy the full Spellforce series. It good. It's super worth it.

No idea with 3, I bet it's just campaign co-op.

In the previous Spellforce games though, each had a fully separate co-op campaign called Free Play mode. Where basically you'd both start with your own bases/own heroes and have to play through the full campaign together.

Spellforce 2 free play mode was nearly 40 hours long, and had you playing as a General/Commander of the core campaigns armies. So you'd wander back to the stronghold island you had and talk to the same people and they'd say "Oh yeah, PC was just here! They are heading to xyz part of the main story. While they do that, we want you to lead our troops back to xyz or ahead to xyz to do xyz." and you'd get a neat side story where you basically helped the main plot move along in some neat ways.

Including an explanation for how you got rescued at a certain part of the main storyline. It's just tucked away into this innocuous 40 hour long co-op mode the menu had.

I just need to know one thing.

Is there base building and resource gathering? I seriously miss these things in my strategy games, just want to make a cozy well fortified base and watch my worker units going to and fro collecting wood and gold.