Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

hey as a new player, would the first or second banner of this ff9 event be better? or should i save up a bit for fest? don't have any items for ff9 if that helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

FutureFriend posted:

hey as a new player, would the first or second banner of this ff9 event be better? or should i save up a bit for fest? don't have any items for ff9 if that helps

If you haven't thrown a pull at the FFTA banner, that one is insanely good and much better than either IX banner overall. There's also probably going to be some good stuff coming up for the holidays to pull on.

If you really want to pull on a IX banner though, I'd say go with 1. Neither banner is incredible, but 1 has some very good stuff for Vivi and Garnet and even the relics people aren't super excited about (like Steiner's) will be very good for a new player. tbh though I think most of the people pulling on this one (myself included) have a decent stockpile of mythril and are just either chasing a few very good endgame relics or pulling because IX is a favorite, or both.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I would personally highly recommend against the 9 banners. If you're looking to pull soon and for whatever reason don't want to pull on FFTA-1, the upcoming FFT-0 banners will have a lot of the necessary newbie bases, including all the relics for a top-tier healer in Deuce.

Pull on FFTA though. :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

Yeah Garland has the chain. I threw Gathering Storm on Cid but I think I might switch it to Nabaat. I ran it again with swapping in the imperil dark magacite for 33 seconds again but didn't get a single dualcast from Cid, so I think that helped a bit. I think my issue is that I'm casting the chain too early; it's dying off just as I'm really starting to pummel it and then that makes the last chunk of life take way longer.

I think the CSB is just slowing you down right now. Raines and Nabaat basically make it redundant because of how strong and fast Raines hits and all the imperils. I'm sure you can still get it down though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Two 11-pulls got me three dupes, Steiner's BSB2, and Garnet's USB. No Vivi.

I might be able to save up another 50 before the banner goes away, but with six dupes on the banner it's tricky. Any of the non-dupes would be great though...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

I would personally highly recommend against the 9 banners. If you're looking to pull soon and for whatever reason don't want to pull on FFTA-1, the upcoming FFT-0 banners will have a lot of the necessary newbie bases, including all the relics for a top-tier healer in Deuce.

Pull on FFTA though. :v:

I got Deuce's Feathered Hat and LRM from the BRA*BRA banner so I'm looking forward to those FFT-0 banners.

Y'shtola's great but I would like to have more than one good healer in reserve!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

4/22, ended up with:

Vivi LMR
Eiko LMR
Garnet BSB2
Garnet SSB

eh, not super thrilled with that and I really want something for Vivi, but I think I probably shouldn't pull again. Vivi's LMR looks interesting at least and it's +fire, and I can always use a +lightning staff. Eiko LMR is pretty decent I guess, especially since I have her BSB, but I doubt I'll be benching Yshtola for her anytime soon. Garnet SSB is crap.

Does Vivi's USB / BSB show up on any future banners? I really want a more justifiable excuse to dive him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have basically no mage items and actually no ffix, this was my first pull:
vivi bsb
2x steiner ssb
edit: i posted armitages pull

should i pull again goons

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 8, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Also what is the math on this Vivi LMR? I'm guessing it's better than his first legend dive if I'm not casting a fire spell, but how does it compare if I am?

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I don't like posting draws but what I got was awesome for being 4 5's:

cait sith bsb
vayne ssb
lightning bsb1
red xiii ssb one with shell

that means my cait sith now has every sb available, vayne's ssb is a noctis ssb jr (just without the instant cast, but it might be great in conjunction with noctis' ssb once i find out who vayne is), and those last two gave me a chance to reforge those otherwise dumb items.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Here I am going "no I have to save my mythril for chain banners or fest banners or whatever the gently caress" and then the other part of me is all "No but you have historically good luck with ff9 banners it'll be good i promise"

never sometimes always maybe pull

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also what is the math on this Vivi LMR? I'm guessing it's better than his first legend dive if I'm not casting a fire spell, but how does it compare if I am?
I don't know the numbers but I've heard his LMR is good enough to Legend Dive him by itself? I imagine you want to combine it with fastcasts/instantcasts somehow though

EDIT: it probably combos excellently with the 6* bard ability

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 8, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

I don't know the numbers but I've heard his LMR is good enough to Legend Dive him by itself? I imagine you want to combine it with fastcasts/instantcasts somehow though

I've been tempted to legend dive him with zero relics since multiple people in this thread have made it look 100% worth it for magicite stuff at least, but I was hoping I'd snag his BSB or USB to push me over the edge.

I'm especially hesitant to do a dive after just diving Beatrix a day before pulling Marche's USB and BSB combo, so now I know that if I dive Vivi I'll pull some nuts fire mage gear sometime soon on someone else.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

2/22 Vivi's USB and Eiko's BSB. I don't really have the hones for Vivi but I've been in need of some fire, and more healer options are good with the crystal towers.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Virulence posted:

Here I am going "no I have to save my mythril for chain banners or fest banners or whatever the gently caress" and then the other part of me is all "No but you have historically good luck with ff9 banners it'll be good i promise"

never sometimes always maybe pull

Dayummmmm, congrats :eyepop:

I just blasted through a ton of realm dungeons so I decided to reward myself with a pull:

Don't never not pull.

Well it's not that bad, I already had his OSB so he will be good for CMs and such. But I much preferred anything for the other two.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got all of Garnet's stuff except her SSB in two pulls, with a dupe LMR and an Eiko BSB for kicks, but not a single Vivi relic. Kind of want to pull again since he's who I really wanted, thoughts?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alxprit posted:

I got all of Garnet's stuff except her SSB in two pulls, with a dupe LMR and an Eiko BSB for kicks, but not a single Vivi relic. Kind of want to pull again since he's who I really wanted, thoughts?

if you can stomach pulling a 1/11 with that one item being the thing you would like the least. if not you must prepare on a mountain until you are ready to suffer

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I rolledfor Garnet Trance booty and Got Garnet's LMR and her Faithga SSB

Somewhat successful so cant complain. I need all the Relics I can get.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 8, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Decided to not push my luck and instead focus on Ashe coming up. Definitely seems like a better deal, also considering the other Lightning tools I got with Garnet's stuff anyways.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!

Alxprit posted:

Decided to not push my luck and instead focus on Ashe coming up. Definitely seems like a better deal, also considering the other Lightning tools I got with Garnet's stuff anyways.

Same, Ashe's USB looks pretty baller and I have the motes to legend dive her if I get it. Some other good consolation prizes next week too, like Vaan and Balthier's USBs, Larsa's BSB, and some useful-looking LMRs.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

I decided to give this game another shot when they did the banner overload thing around Halloween, and I could use some guidance. I can clear the weekly events up to around 140 difficulty or so.

Here's my current A-team:

Rydia - lv99, USB, LM
Sephiroth - lv99, BSB
Gordon - lv80, USB
Rosa - lv80, BSB
Yang - lv80, BSB

Other noteworthy relics, though characters aren't leveled:

Red XIII - USB
Marche - BSB, LM
Auron - BSB
Cait Sith - BSB

As well as a bunch of SSB relics, but it sounds like I can pretty much ignore those.

For 5-Star abilities, I've got:

Meteor
Ogopogo
Barrage
Full Break
Meteor Crush
Gaia Rush
Sapphire Shot

None of them are honed.

I thought about replacing Yang with Red, since I just got his USB and Yang kinda feels like my weakest link at the moment. I'm looking for advice on party composition and what abilities I should be creating or honing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bubba Fuzz posted:

I decided to give this game another shot when they did the banner overload thing around Halloween, and I could use some guidance. I can clear the weekly events up to around 140 difficulty or so.

You definitely can't ignore SSBs. They're outdated, but a lot of them are still really good, especially ones with party buffs, breaks, or enelements. Red's USB is great, and I'd actually suggest giving Gordon the boot. His USB is... not so great.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

You definitely can't ignore SSBs. They're outdated, but a lot of them are still really good, especially ones with party buffs, breaks, or enelements. Red's USB is great, and I'd actually suggest giving Gordon the boot. His USB is... not so great.
Gordon's USB? It's not metawarping but its pretty solid debuffing plus haste and regen. And AoE damage, I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mean in comparison to Red's USB. Gordon's is pretty good for AOE battles, but Red's is more generally useful. I wouldn't suggest bringing both of them either.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Pulled twice:
3/11, dupe Eiko BSB, Steiner BSB2, Vivi LMR. OK, I got at least one Vivi relic, but I'm really jonesing for something to use his SB charge on, so...
1/11, Steiner's SSB.
:negative:

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Fair enough. I've got Ramza's Chant, and one for Marche...game seems to want me to use him. Also a SSB and LM for Ursula. Sounds like I need to get a few of these guys leveled up, and just have a variety of characters available.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Does anyone who plays JP happen to know if Vivi's relics come back anytime soon? Especially his USB.

I really want to chase his stuff here but I have 6 dupes on this banner now and that seems like awful odds, especially considering half the banner is solidly meh to begin with.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, even when the game isn't stuttering I think it's typically playing at half framerate for me. Occasionally I'll get times where everything looks very smooth and pretty. Is that what the non-Android version looks like all the time?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Fair enough. I've got Ramza's Chant, and one for Marche...game seems to want me to use him. Also a SSB and LM for Ursula. Sounds like I need to get a few of these guys leveled up, and just have a variety of characters available.

Chant is extremely good in combination with Cloud's USB, which you can RW. Together they more than double one character's damage for 15 seconds, not to mention the party bubble effect.

Here's the party I'd suggest:

Ramza - Full Break, Wrath - Battleforged RM
Red XIII - Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown - Dr. Mog's Teachings RM
Sephiroth - Lifesiphon, Crimson Cross - your best +damage RM
Yang - Lifesiphon, Meteor Crush - your best +damage RM
Rosa - Protectga, Shellga - Mako Might RM
Ultra Cross Slash for RW

Lifesiphon Yang and Seph up to one bar, use their second BSB commands, pop the RW on them, and then watch as enormous numbers fly out of your screen and the enemy evaporates before your eyes. If you run out of hones you can fall back on their first BSB commands.

Crimson Cross and Meteor Crush are definitely the best abilities to use for this setup for bosses that don't resist earth or dark, so definitely hone those up to at least R2 ASAP. Until then you can use Barrage or their first BSB commands.

If you're taking too much damage to survive, take Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire or Y'shtola's Stoneskin II as RW instead.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 8, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does anyone who plays JP happen to know if Vivi's relics come back anytime soon? Especially his USB.

I really want to chase his stuff here but I have 6 dupes on this banner now and that seems like awful odds, especially considering half the banner is solidly meh to begin with.

Freya 2. USB, BSB2 and LMR all return. Two weeks off from Orlandeau if events don't move around too much, if that impacts your Mythril planning. Maybe... 2 and a bit months from now?

Swaps Steiner USB, Eiko BSB/LMR, and the 2 SSBs with Kuja USB (new), OSB, BSB, LMR, Marcus BSB and Amarant BSB.

I'm torn since Quina and Vivi are my favourites, but it's a big back to back Mythril investment to pull on all the banners I want with Orlandeau 1 right before and Freya/Quina/Beatrix on Banner 1. There's also the FF1 banner that has both the holy and dark chain on it.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 8, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

pichupal posted:

Freya 2. USB, BSB2 and LMR all return. Two weeks off from Orlandeau if events don't move around too much, if that impacts your Mythril planning. Maybe... 2 and a bit months from now?

Swaps Steiner USB, Eiko BSB/LMR, and the 2 SSBs with Kuja USB (new), OSB, BSB, LMR, Marcus BSB and Amarant BSB.

I'm torn since Quina and Vivi are my favourites, but it's a big back to back Mythril investment to pull on all the banners I want with Orlandeau 1 right before and Freya/Quina/Beatrix on Banner 1. There's also the FF1 banner that has both the holy and dark chain on it.

Gah, I need to pull for Beatrix too to further justify my dive so the next IX event is gonna wring me dry I guess. But at least it comes back! Guess it helps that IX is my favorite game, since I'm gonna have a shitload of relics for it.

So far I know I'm gonna need to pull on III, Tactics, and both IX banners at the very least, plus what, at least 2 more lucky draws between now and then, plus whatever fest we end up getting for the holidays? :negative:

And then there's the next anniversary...

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Just my luck; the FF1 banner with Matoya's USB/LMR and Garland CSB is right before GodOrlandu banner.

meh, Orlandu can shove off. Matoya's fun to field, and that USB would let her SHINE in my ice team. or Lightning team, but that team's a lot more solid than ice for me as is.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

I think the CSB is just slowing you down right now. Raines and Nabaat basically make it redundant because of how strong and fast Raines hits and all the imperils. I'm sure you can still get it down though.

It counts!

The killing blow? My Shadow Dragon magicite casting Binding Cold.

I can definitely improve on that time as I screwed up and had Nabaat cast Shadow Dragon instead of Edward. I'll still see if I can tinker around and bring someone else in for Garland...perhaps Shelke.
Thanks for your help

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bruceski posted:

Man, even when the game isn't stuttering I think it's typically playing at half framerate for me. Occasionally I'll get times where everything looks very smooth and pretty. Is that what the non-Android version looks like all the time?

I was wondering if I was going crazy, imagining the app randomly being much smoother than I remembered

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Sealion finally goes down in less than 30 seconds!

I had issues keeping everyone alive without wall so I just brought Tyro along for his SG, then was hoping to entrust Papalymo so he can get Ley Lines off so Raines and Vivi could have reduced cast time with their fire magic. Vivi had nice meltdowns that casted twice, 9500+ a hit!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Final report on Ignis:

Equipment:
Dagger, Spears, Thrown, Rod, Staff
Robe, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Armlets

Abilities:
Black 4, Combat 4, Support 5, Dragoon 3, Thief 5, Sharpshooter 5

RD boosts Shooter damage a bit, LD is completely fire focused.

Got the token 4* Black and 3* Dragoon for flavor, but everything is as predicted. An option for Lifesiphon is nice, and Support 5 too, but he won't be using it too often with his BSB (as it has good commands) or USB (Fire Shooter or Thief skills).

Still think Shooter is weird, but a decent amount of people in this thread complained about dupe Iris Moogles, so here's someone who can use them by setting them on fire.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

:stoked:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really hoping the first XII banner hands me Balthier's USB or a fat pull of other stuff quickly so I don't feel obligated to dump 150 mythril into it because yeah holy hell there's so much coming up

Holiday fest (tho we'll prolly also get enough mythril for a free pull there if it happens), OK, Terra/Locke/Celes FF6 is stuff I'm eyeballing in addition to whatever luckies and random bullshit we get soon

We were *so mythril fat* for a minute there

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

wizard on a water slide posted:

We were *so mythril fat* for a minute there

I assume that is the royal "we". I didn't get a blue cent out of those lousy renewal dungeon, so I have not been feeling particularly mythril fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have 166 mithril and only 2 items on the banner, should i pull again thread y/n. i have a LOT of mithril waiting for me in the regular dungeons and the half price stamina now i can probably pick up 25-50 fairly easily and a lot more with some serious effort.

i just dont know how much i need to save for the upcoming stuff. i am really really light on magic relics in particular so even though i got the vivi bsb that is on this banner i wouldnt mind more stuff for him or some garnet stuff

• Locked thread