Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Writers' or actor's choice?

All I saw was that EW confirmed he was out but left it open for him to come back from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/maisie_rs/status/938842506841563136

Huh, neat.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Phenotype posted:

Is there any interview or something that says why he's leaving? I was under the same impression, that they were gonna figure out a way to keep him around as Firestorm, or just as the ship's mechanic or something. I had no idea he was actually leaving the show till just now, even after the last episode I kinda figured they'd pick him up again at some point. Hell, it's a time ship, they could say "So long Jax, have fun finding yourself!" and then pick him up five minutes later after he's spent three years backpacking through Europe or whatever.

They probably don't want to pay for Firestorm special effects and don't want fans to constantly wonder why he just doesn't turn into Firestorm to help.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Wait.... who is going to fix the ship now?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Like Rev posted:

The ship will never need repairs ever again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The ship will never need repairs ever again.

While doing press for the crossover, Amy Pemberton hinted that we'd be seeing Human Gideon again before the end of the year. Maybe the ship will fix itself now?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I'll trade Jax's moobs for Constantine any day.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dead Like Rev posted:

I'm sure Ray can figure it out

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Here's Sara zeroing in on Alex:

[x]

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Why does she always do that pouty thing?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Senerio posted:

[x]

the queens layer at work

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Why does she always do that pouty thing?

It seems to work :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Senerio posted:

Here's the Avalance (according to tumblr) one.

:frogon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

While doing press for the crossover, Amy Pemberton hinted that we'd be seeing Human Gideon again before the end of the year. Maybe the ship will fix itself now?

okay now hooking up with the entire goddamn ship is just taking this running joke too far

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Sara Lance: gently caress yeah she banged the computer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Senerio posted:

[x]

And Alex's response:
https://i.imgur.com/xQOz8z6.gifv

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sure Ray can figure it out

Clearly you haven't seen how this show handles Ray.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love the fact that Nate decided his costume needed a beard. He really goes all in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray as Beebo was the best goddamned thing ever.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
DC's Legends of Tomorrow S3: An Avalance of Epic Proportions

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ooookayyyyyy, this is an odd scheduling decision:

https://iearths.blogspot.ca/2017/12/supergirl-legends-to-rotate-episodes-in.html

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Is Mallus a thing from the comics? As the CW shows have been adapting slightly more recent stuff I've been less and less familiar with (one of my friends who watches Supergirl asked me who Reign was and I had no idea, looking at a picture of her, I assumed it was a Supergirl equivalent of Zod or something). I had been assuming they just wanted to use a big magic villain whilst also bringing back Damien as his minion so they made up a random magic sounding name and at some point he's going to do the "I've been known by many names over the years" thing and drop one of the many crazy powerful magic villain names that DC has like Mordru or Neron. Maybe even Nekron.

Doesn't really matter obviously, if they want to make up characters that's fine. This season is drat fun so far, I was not looking forward to Damien being the villain because the CW shows have sometimes gone downhill in the past by keeping characters around for longer than they probably should (Merlyn in Arrow being the main offender) but they've mixed it up enough with Legends that you don't get too sick of them.

I thinking the same. Mallus is really Mordru.

Since this is the magic season, I'm hoping we get Dr. Fate or Zantanna.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, according to the Gugg the Waverider will be finding at least one person as a replacement for Firestorm and that it will be an established Arrowverse character.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

muscles like this! posted:

So, according to the Gugg the Waverider will be finding at least one person as a replacement for Firestorm and that it will be an established Arrowverse character.

I'm hoping it's Wally and not someone from Arrow, mostly because I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago and don't care about any of them.

Edit: I will also accept tiny Superman or Miss Martian from Supergirl.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Well, they did introduce The Ray.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Well, they did introduce The Ray.

It isn't the Ray, that's the one answer they gave. He's on another show.

Edit: The actor, not the character.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 9, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It isn't the Ray, that's the one answer they gave. He's on another show.

Edit: The actor, not the character.

Interesting.

Upset about Jax leaving. Shame they did the whole "grandchild" thing with Stein, because Lilly joining as a new Firestorm would've been great.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Smart money's on Wally, Lilly, Constantine, or Human Gideon.

Wally's being quasi-written off the Flash since the start of this season, so he's basically primed to go already; Lilly's already been on the Waverider and brings that "I can't believe I have to put up with these dumbshits" vibe back to the show that left with Victor Garber; Constantine because the Gugg wants more Constantine; and Gideon because it's probably cheaper to just bump up Amy Pemberton's pay to on-camera talent than it would be to bring in someone brand new.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I just don't believe it would be Lilly, since the character just had a baby. That'd be a bit of a dickish move.

Unless ... they never did mention a father?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I just don't believe it would be Lilly, since the character just had a baby. That'd be a bit of a dickish move.

True. But I'd heard last year that they really liked working with the actress who plays her and were trying to think of more ways to keep bringing her back for more stuff, so who knows :shrug:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

True. But I'd heard last year that they really liked working with the actress who plays her and were trying to think of more ways to keep bringing her back for more stuff, so who knows :shrug:

That's nice to hear.

And you know who they need to guest star on Legends? Mark Hamill as the Trickster.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

That really is a pretty weird decision, especially with Supergirl now wrapping up towards the end of June with this schedule. I'm guessing this is CW dipping their toe in the year round scheduling thing like Fox did with Lucifer last season. Still weird poo poo though. Part of me wonders if all the CW-verse shows are going to move to shorter season orders. Arrow in particular is starting to feel like 12-16 episodes a year would suit it way better than 22, as well as allowing for more crossover stuff. I think Stephen Amell came out and said that Crisis on Earth-X coming together (in a scheduling sense) was a minor miracle and not one they should try and repeat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

When she announced she was pregnant they mentioned that she was getting married to the baby daddy but they never said his name or anything like that.

They could probably do Wally since he has an in with Nate and the Flash has been pretty upfront about not knowing what to do with him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When she announced she was pregnant they mentioned that she was getting married to the baby daddy but they never said his name or anything like that.

They could probably do Wally since he has an in with Nate and the Flash has been pretty upfront about not knowing what to do with him.

Yeah, Legends can not know what to do with him instead.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope it's Nyssa. :pray:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its Wally. It has to be, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Its Wally. It has to be, right?

Nah, it's Evelyn.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Wally was a racer and worked with cars right? In arrowverse that's mechanical enough to replace the ship mechanic role.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The return of Roy Harper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It'll be Felicity's dad.