Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is there a good list of unhappy 3.0 videos out there? I saw the failure to report one but it's hard to find any others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 24, 2014

no_recall posted:

Fuckin caught up with the thread.

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

[Winners are defined by the closest estimated guess]
Total Earnings in Holiday Sale: $7,848,797

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.
Cheers!
I originally thought they'd hit 3.1m. Then I remembered that BitCoin had reached like $5000 and doubled it to 6.2m.
:laffo:

Quavers posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Simply walk around ship and observe doors.
ACTUAL RESULT Doors partially closed. Varying degrees of gaps are visible.
EXPECTED RESULT Doors should close completely every single time without fail. There should be no visible gaps.

DOORS!!! :argh:
Realistically modelled painted garage doors.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

trucutru posted:

We will just organize another coup d'etat in time and dethrone the current dictators.
Our weapons will be tequila, bud lite lime and gin coupled with a complete disdain for the geneva convention. Victory over beet liver or thread death!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is there a good list of unhappy 3.0 videos out there? I saw the failure to report one but it's hard to find any others
Ya, all of them.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

lol these French have owned Roberts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

Our weapons will be tequila, bud lite lime and gin coupled with a complete disdain for the geneva convention. Victory over beet liver or thread death!

Beet have you heard of Michelada Bloody Marias? They don't usually have Gin but nothing is stopping you.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol if you guys think you're gonna get to page 6666 this time

wait till SQ 42 drops hell they just have to dribble bits of it out and we can hit that easy. CR can do it. Or better yet get DS to sue him to release it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

thatguy posted:

Ya, all of them.

idk man some people are happy because their brains are hosed up

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

I just enjoy asking you which ships you have and you refusing to answer tbh.

I could explain in detail why this is funny to me but I'm aware my sense of humour is by no means normal.

He's a proud citizen, but ashamed of his purchases.

The duality of man, at work.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

intardnation posted:

wait till SQ 42 drops hell they just have to dribble bits of it out and we can hit that easy. CR can do it. Or better yet get DS to sue him to release it.
gently caress, imagine someone streaming whatever SQ42 currently looks like in the existing "Star Engine". I can just picture a streamer pulling a Roy Batty as he describes the hypothetical experience. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe! Vanduul attack ships, clipping through Orion. I watched spinny torpedoes whirl in the dark near Taranis gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like like my money in the funding tracker. Time to die. *puts RSI branded gun in mouth, pulls trigger, nothing happens except the decal falls off*

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hit the ? in AP's profile. He has found some loving gems.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Beet have you heard of Michelada Bloody Marias? They don't usually have Gin but nothing is stopping you.

I know it's a trap but I'm gonna step on it anyway.

:rip:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Loxbourne posted:

Out of genuine curiosity, what would you consider a workable feature list for such a game?

Everything that was in the original Kickstarter pitch is doable. And I have the tech for all of it. Including space legs, which I have in most of my games.

The only thing my games before LOD don't have, is space legs inside ships and stations. But I have that in LOD.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Saladin Rising posted:

Same, I'm also curious how Derek would fix some of the issues that are legitimately difficult to solve (nested physics grids) even without Chris Robert's obsession with FIDELITY constantly wrecking everything.

They created that problem. With proper design, it's a non-issue. They didn't have ANY reason to create a Russian doll based physics entity system. And they only had to do it because of the engine they chose.

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I heard 3.0 is amazing and now is the time to buy in before it gets release to the public servers, is this accurate?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

scrubs season six posted:

I heard 3.0 is amazing and now is the time to buy in before it gets release to the public servers, is this accurate?

correct

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hit the ? in AP's profile. He has found some loving gems.

thanks!

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Correct, and make sure you buy in big, because the bigger your Space JPEG the bigger your dominance will be when the game goes live.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=116.0

----------------

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok i bought it now what

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

intardnation posted:

Lol if you think you're gonna get to page 6666 this time

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Prices are gonna go up again when everything goes on sale for Christmas. Buy now to save cash. Ships will never be sold for cheaper!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Can't wait until that webcam is sold to idiots and the first one arrives with the RSI sticker peeling off to reveal a Logitech logo or some poo poo

Also Derek should tweet about how the camera will probably have a special barcode reader for scanning credit cards directly onto the CIG website

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

hell yeah.

why do the space suits have the dumb face lights that only exist in movies so that you can see the actors face? its not very immersive having your guy be blinded by little lights all the time. maybe thats why its so hard to see the instruments in the ships.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Prices are gonna go up again when everything goes on sale for Christmas. Buy now to save cash. Ships will never be sold for cheaper!

What do you think is reasonable? I'm thinking about a Super Hornet for dogfighting, and a Hull C cause I like Eurotrucking and that could fund my other aspirations, and an Orion because I always enjoyed resource gathering in other MMOs, and probably an 890 jump or that luxo Constellation because of course I want to occasionally kick back and enjoy my digital life of leisure.

What's that work out to? 1200 bucks? Seems pretty reasonable.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Buy why doesn't the camera come with a spaceship? What kind of second-rate peripheral doesn't get a unique ship?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

D_Smart posted:

They created that problem. With proper design, it's a non-issue. They didn't have ANY reason to create a Russian doll based physics entity system. And they only had to do it because of the engine they chose.

Regardless of your opinion of Derek or his games, this right here is pretty much the be all and end all of the last 6 years of CIG-related development hell. The "they built a roof before building the walls/painted the walls before doing the drywall" analogy has been trotted out more than once but it's worth repeating. Roberts hired carpenters with the intent of building a house, said "wait no I want to build a castle", got angry and fired everyone who said "well, our foundation and first floor is for a house, so if you want to make it bigger we're going to need to start over from scratch", and now everyone is making a massive Chernobyl-esque sarcophagus out of paper maché and elmer's glue, and they're trying to prop that facade up from the inside with a finite number of 2x4s that they keep stealing from people on the other side of the house. And it's starting to rain.

Also there's no carpenters, it's just college grads who majored in basket weaving.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 8, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So FuzzyModem is doing 40 years in prison. How much time with Chris and Sandi get?

I'm betting fraud doesn't carry that kind of time.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Everything that was in the original Kickstarter pitch is doable. And I have the tech for all of it. Including space legs, which I have in most of my games.

The only thing my games before LOD don't have, is space legs inside ships and stations. But I have that in LOD.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecruiser_3000AD

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Whoever is running the Derek account today is really straining its credibility.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

How much time with Chris and Sandi get?
I think the only way Chris spends any time in prison is if you get him on camera as the game is collapsing and prod him into a coke fueled rant on how he innovated a new way to scam money out of nerds that ends with him screaming it was the Best drat Space Scam Ever. Just imagine him making a screwing gesture with his hands as he screams that.

But as is I think Sandi is smart enough to have socked away enough money for their eventual escape into the sunset.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/battlecruiser-3000-ad-review/1900-2538148/

lol holy poo poo

Clearly I need to start actually reading up on some of this history.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Regardless of your opinion of Derek or his games, this right here is pretty much the be all and end all of the last 6 years of CIG-related development hell. The "they built a roof before building the walls/painted the walls before doing the drywall" analogy has been trotted out more than once but it's worth repeating. Roberts hired carpenters with the intent of building a house, said "wait no I want to build a castle", got angry and fired everyone who said "well, our foundation and first floor is for a house, so if you want to make it bigger we're going to need to start over from scratch", and now everyone is making a massive Chernobyl-esque sarcophagus out of paper maché and elmer's glue, and they're trying to prop that facade up from the inside with a finite number of 2x4s that they keep stealing from people on the other side of the house. And it's starting to rain.

Also there's no carpenters, it's just college grads who majored in basket weaving.

Yeah, that's basically it. I told them that since 2015 :grin:

I know why they needed to do it. It's because they wanted Spergs to be walking around in their chariot as it flies through space. Well, you don't need a Russian doll "physics grid" for that. Heck, they could have license Havok Physics (like we did), overloaded the rubbish physics in CryEngine, and had it solved in under a week.

----------------

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

So FuzzyModem is doing 40 years in prison. How much time with Chris and Sandi get?

I'm betting fraud doesn't carry that kind of time.

depends if they watch the demo reel or not

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dusty Lens posted:

I know someone else took care of the snipe but I think there's some kind of potential here. Someone who knows how to art could maybe pgabz this cat up and give the little star the ol razzle dazle.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Toops you are the dream maker

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

veiled boner fuel posted:

What do you think is reasonable? I'm thinking about a Super Hornet for dogfighting, and a Hull C cause I like Eurotrucking and that could fund my other aspirations, and an Orion because I always enjoyed resource gathering in other MMOs, and probably an 890 jump or that luxo Constellation because of course I want to occasionally kick back and enjoy my digital life of leisure.

What's that work out to? 1200 bucks? Seems pretty reasonable.

Gonna want a Starfarer instead of that Hull C my man. Multiple roles means more money and the layout is better for team play. Also drop the 890 to a 600i, it's almost as big, half the price, and just as nice.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Dusty Lens posted:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/battlecruiser-3000-ad-review/1900-2538148/

lol holy poo poo

Clearly I need to start actually reading up on some of this history.

Lol Dr. Derek Smart is speaking from experience clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010