Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mario kart is a joke. I've never played a game that feels so calculated.

Is still crack like addictive and I can't stop playing, but this series has completely gone off the deep end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macaluso posted:

I wonder if it's still gonna be 720p though. Gorgeous as the game was, and it ran at 60 FPS which was dope, it would be nice if it wasn't still 720p in full screen. That was my only real complaint I had about Bayo 2 at least

Is the Switch weaker than the WiiU?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mabels big day posted:

the issue of who should have won the goty 2017 award, mario or zelda, is going to be an epic gamer debate for years to come

but story/music gamers will never forget nier

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo Australia confirms the Land Down Under is also getting Non-Stop Climax Edition
https://www.vooks.net/bayonetta-2-special-edition-switch-set-australian-release/

For $120

Dream'

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Inzombiac posted:

Even though I haven't played #2, I CANNOT WAIT!

Don't feel bad. I have Bayo2, and I've barely played it all despite having bought almost two years ago. I also bought the PC port of Bayonetta 1 despite the fact I finished the game on PS3 (though the PS3 version wasn't that good)

That being said, I hope Bayo 1&2 get re-released on the Switch, so I can buy them along with Bayo3, and then neglect to play them for a long time.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Max Wilco posted:

Don't feel bad. I have Bayo2, and I've barely played it all despite having bought almost two years ago. I also bought the PC port of Bayonetta 1 despite the fact I finished the game on PS3 (though the PS3 version wasn't that good)

That being said, I hope Bayo 1&2 get re-released on the Switch, so I can buy them along with Bayo3, and then neglect to play them for a long time.

They are both coming in Feb with the same pricing scheme as the set on Wii U

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo Australia confirms the Land Down Under is also getting Non-Stop Climax Edition
https://www.vooks.net/bayonetta-2-special-edition-switch-set-australian-release/

For $120

Dream'

Stop the climax, i want to get off!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bayo 1+2+3 are coming to Switch, hell yeah, this'll be the third loving time I'm buying the first game and I'm more than happy to do so, it's so drat good. Still need to beat the second but now I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the Switch version or just bust it out on WiiU and finish it off.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Me, earlier this week:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They haven't announced Bayonetta 2 for the Switch yet, have they

I am more powerful than all those folks who wasted away clamoring for Stardew

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Bloodplay it again posted:

They are both coming in Feb with the same pricing scheme as the set on Wii U

That's cool. The version I got for Wii U was the reprint version, which didn't have Bayo1 included.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Stop the climax, i want to get off!

I don't know why, but of all the highest-difficulty setting names I've seen (Nightmare, Death Wish, Crazy Man, Dante Must Die), Non-Stop Infinite Climax is the one that makes me shudder a little.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
DID THEY ANNOUNCE BAYO 3 WHILE I WAS ASLEEP

YOOOOOOOOOO

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I was already liking my Switch, but Bayonetta 3 will make it much much better.

Man I get goosebumps thinking back to some of the more epic moments from 2. I wonder if they can top the insanity of the Bayonetta vs Masked Lumen battles.

Probably going to skip the collection though. Already played the games twice and my WiiU is doing just fine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pierson posted:

DID THEY ANNOUNCE BAYO 3 WHILE I WAS ASLEEP

YOOOOOOOOOO

Yes but it's an Ouya exclusive :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I loving CAME

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Max Wilco posted:

Non-Stop Infinite Climax is the one that makes me shudder a little.

That's you building to climax

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's insane how good the Switch library is going to be at its launch anniversary. What a year

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Darth TNT posted:

I was already liking my Switch, but Bayonetta 3 will make it much much better.

Man I get goosebumps thinking back to some of the more epic moments from 2. I wonder if they can top the insanity of the Bayonetta vs Masked Lumen battles.

Probably going to skip the collection though. Already played the games twice and my WiiU is doing just fine.
I'm really glad they're releasing 2 as well, never had a Wiiu but I've bought the first one multiple times at this point.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Does this just solidify that I'll never get Bayonetta 2+ on PC/Steam?

[glares at Switch] I lovingly hate you right now...

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'd buy it a fourth time and hell, Bayonetta is worth it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

Bayonetta 2 was bankrolled by Nintendo so you were never getting it

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Andrigaar posted:

It bears repeating: Nintendo bankrolled Bayonetta 2.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I know that already and was aware as I typed that. My hopes have been based on the want for more money.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Bayonetta needing to be saved by Nintendo was a fundamental injustice but compared to back then the world is lost in a sea of fundamental injustices so it’s hard to care very much now.

Besides, unlike the WiiU lots of people actually own Switches and will get to play Bayonetta 2 now so yeah!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I forgot the game show thing was last night and I woke up this morning to see the botw dlc is finally out and we're getting bayonetta 1+2+3, totally rad!

I just hope the dark souls remaster isn't a hoax.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play so much portable Bayonetta

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/939067522141343744

Download code for Bayonetta 1? Is this a kind of setup that's also happening in the new world?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The PC install for Bayonetta1 is ~13GB. I have no idea how big #2 is, but maybe they both don't fit on a 32GB cart.

Or, I think a few weeks ago someone said developers avoid the 32GB card whenever possible because it spikes the physical material cost per copy.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I've technically only bought the original Bayonetta one time since my brother gave me the Wii U two-pack for my birthday when it came out so it'll barely count as double dipping when I buy them for Switch. God having these games on the go is going to be so good.

Honestly never expected to see Bayonetta again outside of stuff like the Smash cameo after the second game bombed so getting not only those ports but a third game is loving brilliant.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Zelder posted:

Mad that I read this, doubly mad that it doesn't even apply to galaxy

That's because Galaxy sux

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

I've technically only bought the original Bayonetta one time since my brother gave me the Wii U two-pack for my birthday when it came out so it'll barely count as double dipping when I buy them for Switch. God having these games on the go is going to be so good.

Honestly never expected to see Bayonetta again outside of stuff like the Smash cameo after the second game bombed so getting not only those ports but a third game is loving brilliant.

So we all have to make sure that the third one doesn't bomb as well. :ohdear: I can't imagine them bankrolling a fourth if it fails again.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I have Bayo 1+2 for WiiU, I haven't finished 1 and haven't played 2 at all (outside the demo, which was rad). I will totally be buying 1+2+3 because they are pretty fun games, even though I'm bad at them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Today in random announcements out of nowhere.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/939101436167753728

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
finally, super nintendo games on the switch.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can we use 2 Switches to play 8 player Mario Kart?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wrong thread

But now I have to make up a post.
I'm excited about Zelda.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sucks that you don't get the motorcycle until you beat all 4 shrines. Not much point having it when you've completed the goddamn game! Just dipped back into Master Mode after many months away and drat I forgot just how great this game is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Bayonetta needing to be saved by Nintendo was a fundamental injustice but compared to back then the world is lost in a sea of fundamental injustices so it's hard to care very much now.

Besides, unlike the WiiU lots of people actually own Switches and will get to play Bayonetta 2 now so yeah!

Now if only Nintendo would bankroll a Vanquish or Infinite Space sequel :sigh:.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bad news everyone the Switch at full price did not beat the PS4 or the Xbox One during November.

One expert has isolated the reason:

quote:

"People thinking a 499$ console would top sales against another which was 199$ are concern trolling, no other explanation possible"

Yes they do and they do believe people are gonna buy forever an under power one with motion controls but no wii sports and on top of that with a 720p screen just because Nintendo is written on it (and after the wiiu) when people already have a Galaxy s7 or s8 or an iphone x in their pocket. Devices that do everything the Switch does and does not better!

And Samsung is report to launch a S9 mini, if i were Nintendo i would be, again, in panic mode.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't wait to play Bayonetta on my Samsung S9 Mini... Take that Nintendo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

njsykora posted:

Today in random announcements out of nowhere.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/939101436167753728

It's amazing that it went from iOS/Android a year ago with Square-Enix going "yeah we'll localize the Vita version whenever", 11 months pass, and suddenly "yeah it's coming out on every platform now next week and also if you buy it we might localize the new game too."

Probably gonna buy it on both PS4 and Switch.

• Locked thread