Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RC Cola posted:

What is mob psycho about?

A very good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shugojin posted:

A very good boy.

Ok but for real. Or where is a good place to read it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RC Cola posted:

It's about Shigeo, aka Mob, who is a teenage boy with powerful psychic abilities and who also struggles with having repressed most of his emotions. Register a free batoto account and read it there, kissmanga works acceptably as well if you have an okay adblocker.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Watch the beautifully animated TV show too. It's on Crunchy Roll.

I'd say it's as well animated as the OPM anime, just different.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RC Cola posted:

Mob Psycho is a story about a boy born with extraordinary psychic abilities that operate on his emotions. As such, he has had repress them and keep them in check lest he hurt those around him. Now resents his power that prevents him from living a normal life. Mob wants to be buff and popular and date his crush, not be a godlike entity that he has to constantly keep contained

Mob's world is also filled with paranormal spirits and demons as well as other people with different psychic power. Outside of being an eighth grade student, Mob works a side job at the Spirit And Such Agency exorcizing and dealing with those spirits under his mentor Reigen, who claims to possess far greater power than Mob himself.

The story follows Mob growing up and trying to become a more fully realized and mature person and the people in his life that he meets and helps and who help him. It's a great story about self improvement that blends high action with humor and slice of life. The anime that aired last year is fantastic and covers about half the story

I like it, it's good

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 13, 2017

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Mob Psycho is a story about an emotionally repressed youth learning that it's not what you're talented at but rather the kindness you show others that defines you as a person.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Moltrey posted:

his mentor Reigen, who claims to possess far greater power than Mob himself.

But yeah, mob psycho is definitely worth reading. I'm seemingly among the few that prefers OPM, even the original ONE version, but some of the moments in mob psycho are just jaw dropping. You won't have to wait long for them either.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sharktamer posted:

But yeah, mob psycho is definitely worth reading. I'm seemingly among the few that prefers OPM, even the original ONE version, but some of the moments in mob psycho are just jaw dropping. You won't have to wait long for them either.
i mean it's true, reigen does claim that

and i believe it

To me, Mob just has 100% of it's heart in it. While OPM is certainly no stranger to being sincere, Mob is constantly sincere, even when it doesn't exactly seem like it. Like all of the slice of life moments set up the action scene either through establishing the reason for the conflict or Mob's emotional state or way of thinking now.

it rules

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

RC Cola posted:

Or where is a good place to read it?

The answer is always to check Batoto first and to start panicking if it's not there

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reigen is the most powerful character in fiction.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
12 new posts. a new chapter finally? :prepop:

:negative:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jose posted:

12 new posts. a new chapter finally? :prepop:

:negative:

Yeah someone should do something

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I might go make a cuppa that's a do something right?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I'm gonna make more posts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Yeah someone should do something

someone shoudl maked ONE post the chapter

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Any news of a new chapter?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Supposedly ONE said on twitter that he'd update this month but nothing yet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blast in the new Murata chapter actually looks a bit like from behind what we've seen of Blast in this version. Quite interesting that they're showing that.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE apparently storyboards everything for the rewrite, so I guess he's just re-contextualizing and rearranging things a bit

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How far is the murata version up to relative to the original version and not the new side stuff?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zerilan posted:

How far is the murata version up to relative to the original version and not the new side stuff?

I think it's approaching the halfway mark now.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zerilan posted:

I'm not quite sure how to judge that. Purely on a chapter-by-chapter basis, I think it's a little more than half way. The next part has a lot more action and is much closer to the pace of the Murata version.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not quite sure how to judge that. Purely on a chapter-by-chapter basis, I think it's a little more than half way. The next part has a lot more action and is much closer to the pace of the Murata version.

Are they inside the monster group's hideout yet?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Zerilan posted:

No, Garou just got kidnapped by the Monster Association after being beat up by Bang.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Its Bang + His bro vs Garou

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Also who knows what kinds of scenes the new version will add. It could be years until we see garou vs saitama

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

mabels big day posted:

Also who knows what kinds of scenes the new version will add. It could be years until we see garou vs saitama

I expect that once the manga actually gets to the hideout, it won't be adding many more scenes that aren't already in the webcomic.

Now, between Saitama vs Garou and Saitama vs Tatsumaki? That'll take several decades.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like the foreshadowing for King's Ultimate Hellfire Wave Motion Cannon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm still as hype now for that as I was the first second I realised we're going to see it Murata'd

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm still as hype now for that as I was the first second I realised we're going to see it Murata'd

Yeah me too. It's basically the reason we have two threads. So that single scene won't get spoiled.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure there are at least a couple of other scenes worth not spoiling (that have already been spoiled at least a couple of times in the other thread anyway)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Was the thing with elder centipede and blast something that was mentioned in the ONE version?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Nope, that was new. King also wasn't here at all during this part.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

It's a good change, might as well introduce blast early if you already have the material (blast is like Saitama with hair. Probably less serious because he kept his regular job.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm sure there are at least a couple of other scenes worth not spoiling (that have already been spoiled at least a couple of times in the other thread anyway)

Everything, to be honest.

But the King Ultimate Hellfire Wave Motion Cannon is the peak of humanity.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
All these new posts but no new chapter. :negative:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I extremely need to re-read both versions because I had to go look up this King thing and also I just don't remember poo poo in the new version after Boros dies at all

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

All these new posts but no new chapter. :negative:

In terms of important new information as a whole for the series though, we can definitely take away that Blast is absolutely the real deal and we have something tangible to show for it, rather than just Tatsumaki's flashback but he doesn't have the Saitama strength that some have speculated he might have as some sort of parallel.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Haha blast will teach Saitama how to play video games or pass a written exam or build a house, something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Billzasilver posted:

Haha blast will teach Saitama how to play video games or pass a written exam or build a house, something like that

"Well yeah I may only be rank 2 in power but that's because I sacrificed absolute power in order to have a great family, a fulfilling life, a well-paying job, speaking of which I just finished this serum that will prevent monsters from appearing forever."