Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
lol even the show now

quote:

Got GoT? Not for at least a year, says Sophie Turner.

The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones started filming back in October, and while it was at one point projected to air in 2018, Turner tells Variety that you shouldn’t set your DVR until the following year. “Game of Thrones comes back in 2019,” she says.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...m_medium=social

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Pretty sure that was always the plan - I've heard 2019 for awhile.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, my bad then. I was under the impression it was 2018

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes 2018 is for Winds of Winter and then Dream of Spring in 2019 to tie in with the finale.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

2019 was always the more likely outcome for the season finale of GoT but 2018 wasn't impossible afaik.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Months ago, they said "either late 2018 or early 2019, we'll see."

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I heard the last season was already finished they're just waiting for the books to finish first.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
There was no way GoT was airing in 2018. HBO aren't going to put their flagship show up against Sunday Night Football. So unless they had it ready to go for the exact same time they aired it this year, even with all the extra work to be done, it was always going to be 2019.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
never occurred to me there would be a year gap in between season 7 and 8. Isn't that sort of weird?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Sopranos set the precedent by taking a year off to work on its final season too, and that was insanely simple compared to GOT. By all accounts they're filming the equivalent of six big budget feature films worth of footage because each episode of Season 8 is going to be if not at least then nearly 2 hours long a piece.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Personally speaking, I prefer it this way, but makes you wonder why they're doing 6 episodes at double length or so instead of 9 to 12 singles, depending on how much longer each episode works out.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Actors are paid per episode so this frees up a lot of budget.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

You would think the actors would object to this, it is a clear contract dodge.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
They could just make one 14 hours episode and broadcast it in 7 parts

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Collateral posted:

You would think the actors would object to this, it is a clear contract dodge.

I would honestly not be surprised if the ones that matter are burnt the gently caress out and just want it to end and do other things.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy posted:

never occurred to me there would be a year gap in between season 7 and 8. Isn't that sort of weird?

i watch the venture bros. gaps between seasons is normal to me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Blind Sally posted:

i watch the venture bros. gaps between seasons is normal to me.
Yeah maybe we'll get 6 episodes of that in 2019 as well!!!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

I would honestly not be surprised if the ones that matter are burnt the gently caress out and just want it to end and do other things.

First rule of acting, milk it while it is there.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's not surprising at all. Both the last seasons took ~18 months.

Too bad writing isn't that easy or fast.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

TK-42-1 posted:

Just like all of us.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's not surprising at all. Both the last seasons took ~18 months.

Too bad writing isn't that easy or fast.

To be fair the plot of the last two seasons was garbage nonsense, if GRRM could crank out something like that in 18 months I'd still prefer it if he didn't.

Production values are great tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

Makes sense actually, yeah

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The sooner the show ends the sooner the former child actors will never work again. Look forward to meeting a frumpy Sophie Turner at a local comic book store in 2030 signing autographs for $15 a pop.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Sophie Turner will play Jean Grey until she’s in her forties.

So it might happen in 2040-ish

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, Sophie Turner is exactly the wrong name to pick. For the others, yeah, I can see that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, Sophie Turner and Maise Williams are going to have strong careers after GOT is done, at the very least.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kit Harrington will be heavily featured in a BuzzFeed "Where are they now" article in 10 years.

He might actually be the one writing it.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Will Emilia Clarke ever work again?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cornflakes posted:

I hope not.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Cornflakes posted:

Do paid appearances at comic con count as work?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Kit Harrington will be heavily featured in a BuzzFeed "Where are they now" article in 10 years.

He might actually be the one writing it.

Kit’s done at least two non-GOT projects for HBO already and is (going to be, if he isn’t already) married to Rose Leslie. I think he’s fairly safe too.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cornflakes posted:

There's probably a market for dancing caterpillars, so she might have a career in children's television.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
At something like 22 and 23 at the time of season 1 filming, Kit and Emilia weren't really child actors, though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They should all be locked up in my opinion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The sooner the show ends the sooner the former child actors will never work again. Look forward to meeting a frumpy Sophie Turner at a local comic book store in 2030 signing autographs for $15 a pop.

People seem to like her enough as Jean Grey in the X-Men movies and I think she's in some other stuff. She's not going to be hurting for work any time soon.

Bran's actor, on the other hand...?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

People seem to like her enough as Jean Grey in the X-Men movies and I think she's in some other stuff. She's not going to be hurting for work any time soon.

He’s in a reboot of rain man

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I mean Robb I think has already been in a few shows since he died. I remember him in one of the Amazon pilots for some sci-fi show as a preist and the Netflix Medici Show.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They should all be locked up in my opinion.

Look man I don't like to kinkshame but keep that to yourself or put it in Game of Bones II.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think he’s talked about how he’s gonna pull a Jack Gleeson and quit acting to go to college and be a scientist or something

In retrospect it’s a shame Gleeson didn’t get at least an Emmy nom, especially if Clarke could get one and they could win Best Drama for the Bronn and Jaime go to Dorne ep, my god. Ageism at work

Kit is not the strongest actor but I think he fits Jon pretty well, and he’s light years ahead of Emilia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kit at least works pretty well if you put him opposite a strong actor to work off of. Emilia is just awful always.