Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Roger Explosion posted:

Man, I know they want to show off Lyn's tits and legs in the one shot, but she looks like her torso's being twisted off her hips.

So i actually just tried to do that pose (ha ha, beardly man alone in the office) and it's actually doable. She's a bit more twisted than would naturally be the case, and she's bending her leg way too much if she's running, but in terms of impossible poses i give this one a 4/10. A bit awkward, but doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Did they release every hero with a valor skill yet? I can't remember who has red tome valor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guess who managed to spend all 25 of his apology orbs and not receive any 5*s or anyone he didn't already have? THIS GUY :shepicide:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also I went up against this Olivia in VG

and was like "why doesn't she have any threat tiles :confused:" before realizing they took her sword away

It was a bold strategy that did not pay off for them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

Guess who managed to spend all 25 of his apology orbs and not receive any 5*s or anyone he didn't already have? THIS GUY :shepicide:

I got a +Atk -HP Tiki so I have a new project now

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Bah, I'm doing the smart thing and saving my apology orbs until I can blow them getting nothing of value from a banner I REALLY want to spend on!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Now that Catria’s eaten the poison mutton, time to side with Dorcas.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they release every hero with a valor skill yet? I can't remember who has red tome valor.

We have Sword (Gray), Lance (S. Robin), Axe (S. Tiki), Dagger (H. Sakura), Green Tome (S.Elise), Blue Tome (PA Shigure)

Guessing someone on the christmas banner will have another valor. Wonder if we'll get Staff Valor. Suddenly in dire need of SP on some of them

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I‘m not sure if „I‘m Siegbert“ is one of the worst or the best lines in the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shiro also has “I’m Shiro” so it’s just a kid thing.

Unrelated: thanks to the bonus stones, Soleil has ascended.

Have yet to regret giving her the Wo Dao.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's weird because I don't usually mind Michelle Ruff that much (like I even liked her as Yukari), but something about Soleil's voice direction (especially 'Soleil is here!') makes me really not want to use her for long periods of time.

Of course, Mia has the same problem where she starts off fine but somewhere along the way I just want to turn the voice off forever.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Soleil got that smile that makes her look like ditto from Pokemon

Also I didn't hear her voice until today because I was waiting for double SP and I'm not a fan

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 8, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is it better SP investment to start with a 3* or 4* Berkut?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

loquacius posted:

You may want to adjust your expectations if you want to avoid rage throwing your phone into a wall.

Orb report: 70 trying for a Siguard/Dorcas that's not -atk, got trash... and a 3* Hinata!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Soleil‘s voice is not that great, but I like her art. It‘s a bit silly, but I feel like it fits her pretty well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

valuum posted:

You may want to adjust your expectations if you want to avoid rage throwing your phone into a wall.

Orb report: 70 trying for a Siguard/Dorcas that's not -atk, got trash... and a 3* Hinata!

The beginning of the game is more fun because all the trash you get is at least new trash

Like, you don't really care who's in the banner, every orb is an adventure

now I want to get a Sigurd or Dorcas really quick so I can start rolling for Rhajat and all I'm getting is Arthurs and Lon'qus and Fredericks and Cains

Cain at least would be a bit more exciting if I didn't already have like 20 more brave swords than I need

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Which is the better placeholder Nino to use until I get a better one to merge into, +atk/-hp or +res/-def?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Starsnostars posted:

Which is the better placeholder Nino to use until I get a better one to merge into, +atk/-hp or +res/-def?

+atk, for sure. Give her Darting Blow to cover for her slightly reduced doubling potential.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Did infernal using Axeura (WoM), FRobin (TA/Gronwolf/Speed +1 Seal), Black Knight and BLucina.

Axeura and Blucina sit on the bottom, FRobin Top, BK top Right.

Axeura eats the horse lance and grabs aggro on the greens and red. Black Knight sits and eats an attack from the archer and Berkut.

Turn 2. FRobin kills Berkut. BK positions himself to enable an Axeura teleport and she kills the horse archer. Lucina runs away.

At this point you just run Lucina away until you're safe to counterattack the red and have BK WoM in and murder the greens.

Pretty sure Lucina isn't needed. The only unit that's not free that I think makes this a lot easier is Axeura.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

I'm using a +atk/-hp Nino as the base for my +7 Nino because somehow I've never rolled a +spd one and she still does fine

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

The beginning of the game is more fun because all the trash you get is at least new trash

now I want to get a Sigurd or Dorcas really quick so I can start rolling for Rhajat and all I'm getting is Arthurs and Lon'qus and Fredericks and Cains

Cain at least would be a bit more exciting if I didn't already have like 20 more brave swords than I need

Cain has 4* Wings of Mercy 3 and thus I wish I had more than 2 spares of him for warp cheesing strats

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

loquacius posted:

I feel your pain.. Time to whale up!

Cain is actually a good pull for inheritance, as wings of mercy is a very good/annoying skill, and hard to get at 3

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Man, I’m gonna have to upgrade my FRobin to do this GHB infernal. I don’t think Ursula can survive this.

Also, on Team Tharja now, still leading with Fir, but I have a lot o’ options.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If Dorkass wins this entire voting gauntlet im gonna lol

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hey Avery, what should i do with this lyn?
Aside from burn my only neph.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
rofl I just got crushed by a team of 3 kitted out Reins in the gauntlet.
Super fun.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
lol jesus the block b banner really doesn't want to give me any green orbs

e:nm after whining it gave me a +atk/-spd dorcas, done with this banner now :unsmigghh:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Grinding Berkut to level 40 is infuriating. This rear end in a top hat can't attack worth poo poo and dies to a slight breeze. I give up. If he wants a mouth full of crystals, the dickhead's got it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dorca's artist is the #1 Dorcas fanboy

https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/939003323838955520

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That's the best loving thing ever.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ostentatious' Guide 2 Being The Change: Chapter 2 - The Brutal Reality and Power of Old Bones

A looong long time ago I posted a Jagen build that was...lacking to say the least. Before a time where Berkut's Lance existed the old bones man was in a weird spot where he didn't do one thing well at all and I ended up putting a boatload of skills on him to try and make him work (Brave Lances, Swordbreakers, Moonbows...you name it, I've tried it) Thankfully with the rerelease of Berkut I was able to finally capitalize on a build I have been toying around with for a long long time. It's time to Jagenmeister.

Weapon: Berkut's Lance+/Silver Lance+ - He needs Berkut's Lance+, ideally refined to give him even more resistance and accentuate his strengths. Though if you did not have your hands on a Berkut's Lance like I didn't, you could absolutely refine a Silver Lance+ and give him the same exact outcome just with slightly less res and more MT. However paltry that MT might be.

You see the thing about Jagen is he doesn't hit hard, but he doesn't need to. He's got that precision. By precision I mean...

Special: Glacies - Have you ever wanted to go up against one of those jerk Lancebreaker Reinhardts, knock their lunch out of their hands and shove that small handed loser into a locker? Glacies is your ticket to that. The special thing about an effective 56 res against Mages is that it doesn't matter what he tries, and what he does: He's doing exactly 0 damage to you almost every time without fail. Even his Moonbow is liable to do 0 damage. The funny thing about that is your Glacies? It doesn't do 0 damage. You have a -REAL- special. For REAL TRUE BLOODED ALTEAN JUGGERNAUTS. You take that dumb book that Reinhardt loves to read and you tear it in half and shove each page down his throat one by one before giving him a swirlie and palming a basketball right in front of his small-handed face to really humble him.

Or let's say they are a shoeless dragon or a creepily dressed dragon, thinking they control the game post weapon refinery, walking around like they own the place. We're talking 50 effective res against those jewel collecting lunatics. Seriously, why isn't she wearing shoes? What's wrong with her? Is she too -GOOD- for shoes? Jagen isn't too good for shoes, in fact he's got metal boots on, metal boots that he will place squarely into their butts every time they step to the Jagenmeister. Got your fancy counter-attack breath? Force feed them Icebreaker mints in the form of a no-joke Glacies and make them presentable to the world. No one wants to see your goofy outfit dragons, get out of here. Push them into a locker.

If that sounds appealing to you, Jagen may very well be the hero for you.

A: Distant Counter - He needs Distant Counter, suffice to say. You see Jagen lives by three different codes aside from 'protecting Prince Marth' and 'Clearing the way'. Jagen lives by 'Violence', 'Speed', and 'Momentum'. When some nerd with a book steps up and starts throwing around fancy spells like a jerk you walk up to them, shove your giant pointy stick in their face you borrowed from some guy named Bucket, and kill them. Easy as that.

It's what Bucket would have wanted.

B: Quick Riposted 2/3 - If you're like me, you've spent all of your feathers on a sword wielding psychopath named 'Hana' and don't have any fodder that gives out the maxed Quick Riposte level but honestly, either or will work. No one has time for that, not even Jagen. Have you seen how old he is? He will probably die before you finish building up that Quick Riposte 3. Give that sucker the downgraded 2nd version and get him rolling quickly because he will be taking 0 damage against mages and dragons anyway.

He doesn't NEED help from any man or woman. Jagen is a strong, independent cav unit.

C: Flexible - Really you can run whatever you want. I don't even know why I run fortify cavalry most of the time, Jagen is the only horse unit...or do I? Jagen is on such a high level of gamesense that he is actively playing mindgames with his competition. "Why does that senile old man have a horse buff when no one else is a horse? He's surrounded by a psychopathic swordwoman, another goddamn shoeless dancer, and some Norse Ice-Princess. That's when you step up to them and punch them in the jaw. Little Mac style.

S: Distant Counter 3 - The key to eating every Mage's lunch is Distant Counter 3 for all the reasons stated above. We're talking an effective res of 56, the only one who even touches that is the creepy green-haired girl who always does her best. She has a gaze that will destroy souls.

IMPORTANT: ALLY SUPPORT MASKED MARTH EVEN IF YOU DON'T RUN A MASKED MARTH.

It's funny.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

When I first got a masked marth I was pretty sure it was a bug or mistake that she didn't have any natural skills

I still kind of am

Give me more orbs is what I'm saying

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
hm should i mulch my PA olivia for her DD3 for dorcas

leaning toward no and just having him use fierce stance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They're getting pretty lazy with GHBs and I don't like it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ostentatious posted:

S: Distant Counter 3 - The key to eating every Mage's lunch is Distant Counter 3 for all the reasons stated above. We're talking an effective res of 56, the only one who even touches that is the creepy green-haired girl who always does her best. She has a gaze that will destroy souls.

you mean Distant Def

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Ostentatious posted:

Distant Def 3 you mean, but yeah, sounds neat.

On another thing, I whaled a bit to hopefully get a better nature Siegbert than the +Def/-Spd one I had and ended up with a +Spd/-Atk Siegbert... after two more -Spd Siegberts, 5 Soleils, 1 Shiro, several Chroms and Lucinas, 1 Titania, 1 Ayra, and 1 Mia. I went with that one and merged two of the other Siegberts into him.

Turns out, +Spd was all he needed to get me 4900+ points in the Arena and thus get me a very good rank to go from being a Deadlord to whatever Tier 18 is. Effective 64 Atk and 49 Spd (in-built Swift Sparrow 2 on his Dark Greatsword, Death Blow 3, and Hone Cav from Elise) on player phase is great, and his Atk Tactics boosts the other guys' Atk by 6 without everyone needing to be glued to him. P!Azura with Drive Atk 2 for another 3 Atk to the other guys and my Summoner S-Supported M!Robin also packing Drive Atk 2 so most things die with good positioning.

Speaking of, M!Robin has acquired Keen Blárwolf+ and refined it further to ignore bonuses on Cavs. Between him, P!Azura, Siegbert, and Elise, my team is looking rather alright now.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

everyone's a critic

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I am randomly irrationally annoyed that Laslow/Inigo is bad because I can't run my Awakening Laslow/Lucina Brother/Sister Double Dragon team.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I did the thing where I accidentally changed my summoner support because I wasn't paying attention. Time to grind that up all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

I am randomly irrationally annoyed that Laslow/Inigo is bad because I can't run my Awakening Laslow/Lucina Brother/Sister Double Dragon team.

Inigo is good though??