Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SantosDrive4Sho/status/938953045303615488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Germansimp posted:

So a Weird Al polka parody of a Bon Jovi song.

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't happened already.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/939154671133917184

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
man I cannot fuckin wait for Dijak, I hope they know what they have in him

also I wish WWE would let me subscribe to like single-cam VODs of Florida house shows. at this point they're more stacked than the average indie iPPV

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 8, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

abraham linksys posted:

man I cannot fuckin wait for Dijak, I hope they know what they have in him

also I wish WWE would let me subscribe to like single-cam VODs of Florida house shows. at this point they're more stacked than the average indie iPPV

As soon as Vince gets him, he will not be doing any moonsaults or any other aerial moves. It's just be standard big man moves from here on out

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
His finisher will be the pump handle slam.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was the coming soon spades video for Baszler?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes.

The file itself even has her name in it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im gonna eat a lil crow because a couple weeks ago i was ragging on wrestling themes with lyrics and i had forgotten all about kassius ohno and johnny gargano's themes

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Aphrodite posted:

Yes.

The file itself even has her name in it.

i don't no nothin about this file name devilry

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In hilarious news, Ember did this interview with WWE.com:

quote:

On winning the NXT Women’s Title:

“I’ve been super-ecstatic ever since I won the championship. I worked so hard to get this, and right now I feel like the sky is the limit. As soon as I won the title, I remember having to do an interview right away,” she recalled. “By the time I got to locker room, it was completely empty. I put the title down, I put my armor down and I just stared at the both of them. I just said to myself, ‘I finally did it.’ I finally solidified every decision that I made in my career and justified them,” Moon added. “I just took a moment to step out of the craziness and live in that moment of happiness.”

On her relationship with Asuka:

“Asuka and I started the exact same day at the WWE Performance Center, and though our paths were different, they always seem to intertwine,” Moon revealed. “We used to travel together and encourage each other to be better in and out of the ring. It was awesome to have her show that much respect by presenting me the NXT Women’s Championship and celebrate our mutual love for wrestling in the middle of the ring.”

On her goal as champion:

“My goal now is to become the longest-reigning champion in NXT history,” Moon said. “I wasn’t able to end Asuka’s undefeated streak, but I can break her record for the longest-reigning Women’s Champion in NXT. I want to prove that my myth is a legend rising and forever solidify my place in WWE history.”

Ember probably won't make it past Takeover: Brooklyn 2018 as champ. I can see her losing it at Takeover: New Orleans as well. As long as she has the character she has now, her time as champ should be incredibly limited.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

In hilarious news, Ember did this interview with WWE.com:

Ember probably won't make it past Takeover: Brooklyn 2018 as champ. I can see her losing it at Takeover: New Orleans as well. As long as she has the character she has now, her time as champ should be incredibly limited.

Depending who the challenger is, I could even see her dropping in Philly, though Mania weekend is probably more likely (or possible in Atlanta at TV?)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Finally, Blessed Roman has earned the boss's respect.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/939207489324765185

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

shiksa posted:

im gonna eat a lil crow because a couple weeks ago i was ragging on wrestling themes with lyrics and i had forgotten all about kassius ohno and johnny gargano's themes

I really dig Johnny's theme, even if it sounds a little too close to "we're too cheap to license Paramore"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

I really dig Johnny's theme, even if it sounds a little too close to "we're too cheap to license Paramore"

see I liked Paramore a lot in high school and definitely agree, but also I like it too much to care

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Attn: racist Florida scumfucks stop being scumfucks

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/939388799288737793

Tian Bing is the person they said those things tonight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

God it would be so cool if they licensed Paramore :shobon:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I doubt they could now. Paramore are/were big wrestling fans, but they're best mates with CM Punk and haven't particularly acknowledged WWE since he left. They're also now well inside the Nashville big money crowd—Hayley Williams grew up with Taylor Swift, go figure—so it's not like they need the pay day. Whatever WWE would be willing to pay, I'd expect Paramore would want double, if they'd even consider it at all.

But hey, they could get a bunch of Paramore's friends, like Lights or PVRIS again. CFO$ make some alright 30-second loops, but nothing beats a well-picked licensed theme.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

rovert posted:

If its anything like the other FL armory shows I have been to, it's one or two guys max that will yell out dumb poo poo like that. I was at a show where a guy yelled out to Aliyah that her plane was going to crash (get it??) and was immediately shut down by the people around him

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Didn't someone at a Lakeland show a couple of months ago tell Itami to "Go back to China"? Sadly seems to be the standard that there are racist fucks in the crowd at NXT shows.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Germansimp posted:

Didn't someone at a Lakeland show a couple of months ago tell Itami to "Go back to China"? Sadly seems to be the standard that there are racist fucks in the crowd at NXT shows.

Pretty much any Asian wrestler has gotten racist chants thrown at them. Asuka, Itami, Tian, and Kairi have all had racial slurs/insults thrown at them. The NXT house show circuit tends to be poo poo. Really bad in Florida, but also bad in other places.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

did they say “lol” out loud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

I doubt they could now. Paramore are/were big wrestling fans, but they're best mates with CM Punk and haven't particularly acknowledged WWE since he left. They're also now well inside the Nashville big money crowd—Hayley Williams grew up with Taylor Swift, go figure—so it's not like they need the pay day. Whatever WWE would be willing to pay, I'd expect Paramore would want double, if they'd even consider it at all.

But hey, they could get a bunch of Paramore's friends, like Lights or PVRIS again. CFO$ make some alright 30-second loops, but nothing beats a well-picked licensed theme.

I saw an interview with Hayley somewhere once where she said they met at a Grammy party because Taylor’s Mom was a paramore fan or some poo poo. I have no idea why I remember this but I do.

Also, Fire by PVRIS would be a good theme for anyone.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 10, 2017

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
My bad, I mixed it up. Hayley Williams and Taylor Swift met when they were teenagers being scouted by the same labels in Nashville; it was Miley Cyrus who Hayley knew as a child, in Franklin.

I'm not ashamed that my once-encyclopaedic knowledge of Paramore is no longer as stalker-perfect as it used to be. They are the Becky Lynch to my Rovert.

Fire was already used for Extreme Rules, but No Mercy would work for an entrance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Is Dream legit hurt? We were speculating in the spoiler thread that they'd do a pre-tape to explain him being taken out of the tournament, but that was assuming the Johnny/Ohno match wasn't airing for a couple of weeks.

Not hurt but taken off all TV and live events for another reason. Not a call up either.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

Not hurt but taken off all TV and live events for another reason. Not a call up either.

Disciplinary or Jimmy Jacobs-esq?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7nASF744k

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mikeVSphilly/status/940358162099695616

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Congratulations?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it was a good meme, rovert should have merchandised it

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Young Bucks literally had rovert merch.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The Young Bucks literally had rovert merch.

Really?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"Name a dirtsheet"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Don't forget, NXT is on at 7PM EST tonight on USA.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/940944920227049472

They've announced Ember vs. Peyton, Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole, and Andrade Almas vs. Fabian Aichner. Should be good as hell.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RealFoxy posted:

"Name a dirtsheet"
Huh I thought that was Fray thing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

FFS

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

achillesforever6 posted:

no that's diabetes

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Look when I followed him most of his 10,000 a day tweets were either that, calling Meltzer Herb, "loving BLOCKED", or ALL HAIL!

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/941061070944432133
Wonder who Casey can be talking about.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

fred yehi, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

EL

IDOLO

• Locked thread