Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Should've been the Mariners but also just lol Mariners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

gently caress the Angels.

Can the M's have Darvish now. please?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popete posted:

Should've been the Mariners but also just lol Mariners.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wait what happened to the Buttons?

Strip(p)ers don't need them :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

iospace posted:

Especially the cubs

Oh gently caress off we didn't even get him. Save your scorn for when the Cubs respond by trading for Stanton and signing Darvish, bumping themselves up against the luxury tax to win and truly joining the ranks of the Yankees/Dodgers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lol Halos will definitely play Ohtani in the outfield like an NL team would because they already have Pujols in as DH.

If Giants aren't getting Stanton or Ohtani they should either pick up McCutchen for as cheap as they can for one last hurrah and spend big in 2018 if that actually does pan out, or bite the bullet and rebuild.

Absolute worst thing they could do is pick up J.D. Martinez and gently caress the payroll right before the 2018 FA class.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Curious what number Ohtani picks. Think he'll stay with 16? 16 or 18 are both available. 11 is retired (Fregosi).

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Stanton’s going to either the Cubs or Dodgers now, Giants respond by signing JD Martinez, Cardinals just count on walking Canadian muscle Tyler O’Neill becoming the new Mike Trout.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Are the Cards finally out of random name generated AAA players that turn into all stars for a year when they come up?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
We truly live in the darkest timeline.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I would very much like to see JD Martinez falling down in the SF outfield for the next 5 years. But saying this means he'll hit 50 dingers a year for them.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Dexo posted:

Are the Cards finally out of random name generated AAA players that turn into all stars for a year when they come up?

I thought they had found their next guy in Luke Voit, an extra Beefy Lad who grew up in Missouri but he came down to Earth really quick after his hot start last year.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Dexo posted:

Our best position player prospects are outfielders I think and we have a logjam right now. Maybe Patrick Wisdom (3B) will come up and mash, but I hope not. He’s a Trump-supporting shithead on Twitter. I’m mostly just hoping Alex Reyes comes back healthy and keeps mowing people down.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I just assumed the Giants will end up with Jay Bruce but be forced to pay him Martinez money to get him to play in SF and sink themselves that way

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Pancakes posted:

Our best position player prospects are outfielders I think and we have a logjam right now. Maybe Patrick Wisdom (3B) will come up and mash, but I hope not. He’s a Trump-supporting shithead on Twitter. I’m mostly just hoping Alex Reyes comes back healthy and keeps mowing people down.

That's assuming Wisdom doesn't get Rule 5'ed.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A little disappointed. I would have loved to see Ohtani on the Cubs and got a little excited when they became a finalist, but then Schwarber would have been traded and I would have been sad so idk.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm happy that my team got Ohanti

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Your Taint posted:

A little disappointed. I would have loved to see Ohtani on the Cubs and got a little excited when they became a finalist, but then Schwarber would have been traded and I would have been sad so idk.

There must always be a beefy lad

Edit: Also the thought of Stanton, Bryant and after next year Harper all on the Cubs makes me hard af.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
At Least Not The Rangers

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I hope the Angels continue to play sub-.500 ball while Trout wins the next five MVP's and Ohtani win's the next five CYA's

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Trout vs Ohtani MVP debates in a couple years are going to be lit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/939214924638597120

Neat. I didn't think we had that much IFA money left, though?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Cardinals are gonna sign Yu Darvish aren't they.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Senf posted:

I hope the Angels continue to play sub-.500 ball while Trout wins the next five MVP's and Ohtani win's the next five CYA's

I'll take it

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mike_V posted:

The Cardinals are gonna sign Yu Darvish aren't they.

God I hope not. He’s too beautiful for them.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SourKraut posted:

There must always be a beefy lad

Edit: Also the thought of Stanton, Bryant and after next year Harper all on the Cubs makes me hard af.

Yeah Stanton has about as much chance of being a Cub next year as I do.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Im sure the Best Friends in baseball will be nothing but tolerant towards an Iranian/Japanese pitcher.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Im sure the Best Friends in baseball will be nothing but tolerant towards an Iranian/Japanese pitcher.

Oh god this reminded me to check the twitter account after the Stanton news

https://twitter.com/LDobler/status/939182495656022016

https://twitter.com/LDobler/status/939181476742131713

https://twitter.com/LDobler/status/939180643430346754

https://twitter.com/teflontimothy/status/938998069206573063

https://twitter.com/TPiotter24/status/939004472398712833

https://twitter.com/carecopterdown/status/939000007079772160

e: bonus for the last one

https://twitter.com/ToddO243/status/939000808443490305

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Best Fans in Baseball don't disappoint.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Dexo posted:

Best Fans in Baseball don't disappoint.

Do you have any idea what it’s like being a socially liberal Cardinals fan living in Chicago? :negative:

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/939214924638597120

Neat. I didn't think we had that much IFA money left, though?

I thought the free agency granted to the prospects from the Braves thing was like minor league free agency versus IFA?

edit: Still cool though. Hope the Twins keep loading up on prospects.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

3DHouseofBeef posted:

I thought the free agency granted to the prospects from the Braves thing was like minor league free agency versus IFA?

edit: Still cool though. Hope the Twins keep loading up on prospects.

Through more research I am finding that apparently all the former Braves players count against the 2018 IFA cap, not the 2017 one.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

LA Angels?. Why?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BFIB is my favorite because they never disappoint:allears:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cuck the fubs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wanna die

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish the Cardinals nothing less than 1000 years of sickness and depression.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Speaking of the Cardinals apparently they're now listening to offers for Fowler.

Why do they hate him so much? The signed him to a big contract hoping he'd put up good numbers for them, and he put up good (albeit slightly less good than his career 2016 year) numbers for them. And yet they've taken him out of lead off, were saying they were going to push him to a corner spot, and are now trying to trade him. I do not understand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably his tweets about how his wife's family couldn't get in the country because of the travel ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Please get Fowler off that team, he deserves better.

• Locked thread