Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I always wanted SNL or MadTV or something to do a parody of Cake Boss about an actual cake running a high powered investment firm or something. Just a dude in a suit with a dripping cake head shouting “BRING ME THE QUARTERLY REPARRRRRRTTTTSSSSSSAHHHHH”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Or something.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I should probably take my jokephase vote of off someone I think is overzealous town, huh

Hey, ##vote Hal get in here and talk. No rush, because I’m done using my brain for the night, but give me thoughts on Quid, Asiina, Monathin, and the interactions between all three

Still feeling iffy about YPM but more than just reading “these two are not knowingly coaligned” into the chat b/w him and Quid, the level of effort expended by both in arguing about this stuff when they could have easily disengaged puts them, if not in my good books, at least not on the naughty list.

I don’t personally know what to think of Asiina but while poking everything can be bad, she seems to be poking at actually questionable things which is the opposite of bad

I have no idea what to think of flerp, and I like Keane’s vote but not the lack of much else besides staring menacingly at Monathin and his list of evildoers

Normally I’d skip most of this and keep it in a private doc but screw it, 9 person game, I’ll be lazy and think out loud

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mafia edit:

Wait that’s just 7 people + me

Is bowmore actually intending to play this game??

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Game dead?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hi quid

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Game dead?

People work?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But I am here now, where are you?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Busy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m used to 8000 Australian posts overnight in America I guess haha. I also had a busy day at work.

Who’s ready to maf. Ima do some retreading

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am excited for maf

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

Mafia edit:

Wait that’s just 7 people + me

Is bowmore actually intending to play this game??
yeah

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hey Bowmore please grace us with your opinions

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I got distracted my b

Bowmore!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey Gene, how come you didn't move your vote to bowmore if your intent in voting Hal was to get him to talk? Your effort post is really a whole lot of nothing, just some game summary and some "well maybes but maybe nots," and it seems to me if the only thing you're really committing to now is stirring up the people not here you dropping that realization should have included a vote. I could make an argument of you setting up a potential bus of your absent scum buddy with that so what's the dealio

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also even though Hal hasn't been here he's been commenting on stuff and responding to people so I really don't get why you targeted him and then didn't immediately switch to a way better poke target, like, at all

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But Hal if you're still here can you drop some thoughts?

I am going to get to my reread but I kinda wanna wait to see what bowmore finds with fresh eyes, which hopefully he will do

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey Gene, how come you didn't move your vote to bowmore if your intent in voting Hal was to get him to talk? Your effort post is really a whole lot of nothing, just some game summary and some "well maybes but maybe nots," and it seems to me if the only thing you're really committing to now is stirring up the people not here you dropping that realization should have included a vote. I could make an argument of you setting up a potential bus of your absent scum buddy with that so what's the dealio

It’s because he’s scum OP

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did you tunnel on single issue cases last game when we were scum together, YPM, I can't remember because I was fake fighting with you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hmmm tunneling by going after you? I’ve pressured 3/8 other people in this game, friend.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Uhhh, I meant going after Gene, who've you been on all game and haven't wavered from, to the point of defending your suspicions when I questioned them. I was not talking about myself because you said "I don't think you're scum" yesterday after we argued a bunch. That's a weird jump, especially since you just brought him up yourself, prompting me to ask about your tunneling habits. I thought that was a pretty clear context clue connection.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
There is a difference between tunneling and pushing a case. I mean maybe we have different definitions of it, but tunneling to me is when you ignore other players and possibilities. I haven’t been doing that. Provide me a case or a thought and I will comment on it. But it’s disingenuous for you to say that I am tunneling on day one of this mafia game when I’ve pressured you, gene, and Mona.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But, here’s a thought, instead of doing the same thing yesterday, why don’t we talk about other people instead of you being suspicious of me for being loud.

What do you think of CC? I think I’ve mirrored his thought process on Mona, which makes me feel good about him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have mixed feelings about pulling a "gotcha" on a newbie but I think the casework is a solid opinion from a genuine perspective, which does make me feel good about him. I like the case.

bowmore come back

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

Someone doing literally nothing in the game - potentially to the point of not even following the thread - isn’t gonna be affected by a vote more than a less mechanical poke/third person question of intent.

Hal was around enough that he’d likely see the vote, and ideally my request for comment immediately following.

Not sure how putting suspicions and reads out, with my reasoning listed alongside, is somehow being reduced to meaningless noise though.

Like, do you want it in bullet point form? Are you trying to claim that nothing I said involved subjectivity? Because I’m pretty sure reads based on analysis of events sorta requires you to look at events, and I figured I’d put that minor analysis out there instead of reducing things to 8 bullet points or a bare read list.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mafia Edit:

Oh, wait, did you mean “your reads are weak and equivocating”? Because my response there is: of course they are, it’s D1 and I don’t currently have strong reads besides the lack of knowing coalignment between you and YPM.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

But Hal if you're still here can you drop some thoughts?

I am going to get to my reread but I kinda wanna wait to see what bowmore finds with fresh eyes, which hopefully he will do

Hi hello

I feel good about YPM this game, he seems far townier than last game we played.

Keane... I am still a little put off by his defensiveness and his follow-up explanation for it. Everyone gets frustrated I guess but I have NEVER known Keane to give a poo poo if people think he is lurking when he's town. I don't feel great about him at all, and I am a little less forgiving of the gotcha on a newbie than you are, although he pulled back a bit on that (but got back on sooooo).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This has happened across multiple games and it's really incredibly frustrating. I don't work the same hours as many other posters and I don't always have proper internet access.

I have to say though that I certainly have 100% empathy here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

Hey, ##vote Hal get in here and talk. No rush, because I’m done using my brain for the night, but give me thoughts on Quid, Asiina, Monathin, and the interactions between all three

This seems like a strange group to lump together.

I think Asiina's vote on Mona makes me feel pretty good about her. I don't think she would fake a case on a new player on D1 and even if I don't agree with everything she's said I can see where she is coming from. Would also like to see what is being knit.

Mona I am having a hard time discerning if it's awkward new player or struggling scum. Not a lot to like in the posting so far

Quid seems pretty town so far to me, he's doing typical Quid stuff

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What about Asiina's case on Mona do you like? Can you be specific?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

This seems like a strange group to lump together.

I think Asiina's vote on Mona makes me feel pretty good about her. I don't think she would fake a case on a new player on D1 and even if I don't agree with everything she's said I can see where she is coming from. Would also like to see what is being knit.

Mona I am having a hard time discerning if it's awkward new player or struggling scum. Not a lot to like in the posting so far

Quid seems pretty town so far to me, he's doing typical Quid stuff

Yeah, it’s an eclectic bunch.

Quid called for Asiina’s aid after flailing at YPM (and YPM getting mad at me for posting thoughts here instead of, like, a word document) so I was wondering if you saw something there; I didn’t, for the record, but Asiina’s usertitle is a riff on your username so I figured you’d have the meta-knowledge I lack.

Mona’s been the main discussion point of everyone not named YPM, and Asiina voted for him with an okay D1 case that I disagree with mostly due to gut feel from Mona’s posts (specifically, that his aggressive attempt to catch me in a lie and his post voting for no lynch stem from naivety more than scum intent.)

Quid’s posting a lot and seemingly critical of some criticism of Monathin, but that link I’m trying to figure out is tenuous at best.

Oh and ##vote CCKeane: gimme your thoughts on Asiina, Quid, YPM, and flerp, most importantly the latter three. You said, if I’m parsing right, that you thought Quid was suspicious, then dropped him out when you listed Monathin, YPM, and Flerp as your current thoughts of possible scum. Any follow up?

As a side note: I want to lynch bowmore at dayend if he doesn’t do anything

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Friend, just because I want to brutally murder you and watch the life drain from your face, it doesn’t mean that I am mad at you, just disappointed

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

Friend, just because I want to brutally murder you and watch the life drain from your face, it doesn’t mean that I am mad at you, just disappointed

Fine, fine, let’s replace that line with “and YPM, who would greatly prefer, for my own sake, that I keep my less perceptive thoughts to myself”.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I yell my thoughts all the time, that’s not the issue. The issue is that your thoughts are “hmm, maybe?” which is just white noise, which we in the biz call ~~~manufacturing content~~~. It reads like you are trying to let us know that you are a valid participant in this game without putting any reads down that night later incriminate you or your scum buds

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also, your votes are useless. You let the targets know, in the same sentence, that they aren’t real votes and you are just trying to get them in here.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also, your votes are useless. You let the targets know, in the same sentence, that they aren’t real votes and you are just trying to get them in here.

Yup.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal come back and answer my question!!!

Also can we get a bowmore modkill or something, a nonexistant player in a 9 person game is rough

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hal come back and answer my question!!!

Also can we get a bowmore modkill or something, a nonexistant player in a 9 person game is rough

Sorry when is deadline here. I got called into work today and now I just found out I have to fly to Montana so I am leaving for the airport but I’m going to try and get thoughts in before my flight

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry when is deadline here. I got called into work today and now I just found out I have to fly to Montana so I am leaving for the airport but I’m going to try and get thoughts in before my flight

Deadline is Midnight EST tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Deadline is Midnight EST tonight.

Ballllllllz

• Locked thread