Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
in a 19 person game, how many scum can we expect there to be? does the town win with a pod lynch or does he have another scumbro?

inf - scum traitor
fisk - scum
mmg - scum
pod - scum
a few 3ps, rest town?
i think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

where did you go

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you're serious about siding with town against your claimed win condition, great. But why do you believe I'm scum for having the exact same reading of MMG's flip as others?

I'm not certain this is a productive conversation to have. I explained in great detail my rationale for wanting to lynch you as a claimed 3P today, and my case on BK. What's your issue with that case on BK?

also - I didn't rush anything. People said when they were/weren't available, and flerp suggested we do it now. Please chill out and reread. In any event, if Nevergirls won't be here for the rest of the night we have a bigger problem.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hi what the hell is happening

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Welp

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

If you're serious about siding with town against your claimed win condition, great. But why do you believe I'm scum for having the exact same reading of MMG's flip as others?

I'm not certain this is a productive conversation to have. I explained in great detail my rationale for wanting to lynch you as a claimed 3P today, and my case on BK. What's your issue with that case on BK?

also - I didn't rush anything. People said when they were/weren't available, and flerp suggested we do it now. Please chill out and reread. In any event, if Nevergirls won't be here for the rest of the night we have a bigger problem.

ok, you're right. sorry i thought i had lost the game, so i avoided the thread for a while. when I checked a few minutes ago and saw that i was still alive i got excited haha. i will go back and reread the last few pages. it really does seem like you want me dead no matter what though

also - if a person is hated, is that typically announced in the game thread at the start of the day? i'm not sure i've played in a game with it, or if i have I don't remember how it works.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I am free for until deadline and I am down to lynch b- if that’s what we’re doing

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##unvote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

ok, you're right. sorry i thought i had lost the game, so i avoided the thread for a while. when I checked a few minutes ago and saw that i was still alive i got excited haha. i will go back and reread the last few pages. it really does seem like you want me dead no matter what though

also - if a person is hated, is that typically announced in the game thread at the start of the day? i'm not sure i've played in a game with it, or if i have I don't remember how it works.

I mean, yes, I want you dead because it is by far the safest option for town as laid out. I'm pretty drat confident in my case on BK though, and nevergirls mentioned being OK with reversing the order (e.g. lynch BK, vig you if necessary) which would have more of a chance of giving you the win if BK is the last scum standing. It IS risky though in case something goes wrong with the vig plan.

I'm open to discussion, but if there is another game day you being still alive would be a huge danger to town since you can win with scum.

Re: hated, it's up to the mod - some mods use anonymous votes on votefinder, and other mods track it manually so as to not make it publicly obvious. I didn't see it but someone mentioned earlier in thread that there were temporarily anon votes up on votefinder at the start of a day - that may be what was going on before Birdstrike changed his mind.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah rly i was the one to push to kill bminus at that moment because we were all here and it wasnt clear if everyone else would be around to set it up so that ngo could hammer and get the vig

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
flerp, NGO, SEE - what do you think? Stick with the plan and do b- first and BK second, or vice versa? If we go with BK today, NGO needs to be ready to pop b- tonight if the game doesn't end.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
either way works, but i feel like i believe bminus's claim more and i like bminus so i prob murder bk today

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

either way works, but i feel like i believe bminus's claim more and i like bminus so i say prob murder bk today

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If BK is the only scum left, and b- is a serial killer, what happens if we lynch BK?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

If BK is the only scum left, and b- is a serial killer, what happens if we lynch BK?

bk dies, b- kills somebody, so we go down to 4; 3 town 1 sk assuming everyone else is town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In that case the game would continue, b- would presumably attempt to kill tonight and get vigged by NGO, and that would be that. In the worst case scenario where b- is a SK and gets a kill off tonight and NGO doesn't vig him it's still b- versus 3 townies tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

I mean, yes, I want you dead because it is by far the safest option for town as laid out. I'm pretty drat confident in my case on BK though, and nevergirls mentioned being OK with reversing the order (e.g. lynch BK, vig you if necessary) which would have more of a chance of giving you the win if BK is the last scum standing. It IS risky though in case something goes wrong with the vig plan.

I'm open to discussion, but if there is another game day you being still alive would be a huge danger to town since you can win with scum.

Re: hated, it's up to the mod - some mods use anonymous votes on votefinder, and other mods track it manually so as to not make it publicly obvious. I didn't see it but someone mentioned earlier in thread that there were temporarily anon votes up on votefinder at the start of a day - that may be what was going on before Birdstrike changed his mind.

i just finished reading the last few pages, and admit that actually you made a good case wrt bk. he has sort of managed to stay under the radar for most of the game, and has been notably absent today. also, look at this post:

BottleKnight posted:

I'm Johnny freakin Sasaki. I have the power of indigestion which I used on N1 & N3 which meant I spent my nights in a toilet which made actions on me unsuccessful, and anyone targeting me got told I'm sick. I also have a chaff grenade ability, which I used N2 to "block the electronics" of Anidav and TM, which were my top two scumpicks at the time.

wtf is up with that first ability? anyone who targets you gets told you're sick, and.... then what? is that it? what does that add to the game?

But here's what I don't understand: podima feels "pretty drat confident" that bk is scum, but still wants to kill me, a 3p without ANY killing ability instead. something just seems off.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

bk dies, b- kills somebody, so we go down to 4; 3 town 1 sk assuming everyone else is town.

well that won't happen because i'm not a serial killer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

just saying in the hypothetical :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

we shall see i guess :)

Feel good to ##vote BK if that’s where we’re headed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
b-, this post might help clear it up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841314&userid=157116&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post479126616

I know it's dang long but I put a lot of thought into the options available! At the end of the day even though you claim to not have any killing abilities and that you want to win with town, the fact remains that you could win with scum per your wincon. It's a risk if the game continues to tomorrow, like I laid out.

P.S. If SEE and NGO are cool with it, I'm fine with leaving b- to NGO's tender mercies tonight if needed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

[*]He defended MMG here and tried to push for TM in the scum vs. 3p lynch, after having previously said he felt better about TM. His rationale for swapping back to TM doesn't feel genuine at all:

Podima posted:

BK - early game cased TMoritz a bit, but has gone back and forth on him in a way that does feel genuine. otherwise not a lot going on.

oh look a convenient contradiction in your case

Podima posted:

[*]He swapped to lightly bussing MMG when prodded by Bif, leaving himself the opportunity to get cred for that lynch even without being on it:

what?? you had just posted this quote:

BottleKnight posted:

I just don't see the same damning case on MMG that you do. Reading MMG's posts in response to you has been exactly like reading pmom's responses to being cased when he's town, and I just don't see the case.

So was I defending MMG or lightly bussing him? What the gently caress?

Podima posted:

Last but not least, he is advocating for not lynching the 3P while ignoring my detailed post explaining why that is incredibly likely to lose us the game.

I want to lynch who I think is scum in order to fulfill my wincon. Somehow you think that's an invalid response, because all of your posts are fake posturing. This case is a hitjob, wow.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Why do people agree with this case? Pod has been going back and forth willy nilly this entire game, in an attempt to drive people. Does anyone in this game have actual scumreads? Agreeing to lynch the 3P survivor because of pod's spreadsheet seems lovely when scum is right in front of us.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Reading podima's posts is like reading Trump's tweets nowadays. There's a post for everything.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

So was I defending MMG or lightly bussing him? What the gently caress?

The point I was making is that you swapped your opinion - which is exactly what your entire case on me revolves around.

quote:

I want to lynch who I think is scum in order to fulfill my wincon. Somehow you think that's an invalid response, because all of your posts are fake posturing. This case is a hitjob, wow.

It's convenient that you keep ignoring my breakdown of why keeping a 3P survivor around to the next day is dangerous. Care to comment on that?

P.S. You know who else said I was posturing? The flipped scum, JFisk.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

It's convenient that you keep ignoring my breakdown of why keeping a 3P survivor around to the next day is dangerous. Care to comment on that?

ah I see you brushed it off as "a spreadsheet" instead of actually commenting on it because you have no way to refute it, cool.

BottleKnight posted:

Reading podima's posts is like reading Trump's tweets nowadays. There's a post for everything.

Real talk: If you're somehow not scum I am going to be very annoyed at you postgame for this,.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote BK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

The point I was making is that you swapped your opinion - which is exactly what your entire case on me revolves around.

P.S. You know who else said I was posturing? The flipped scum, JFisk.

I think "I don't see the case" and "yeah, he hasn't done much" are completely consistent though? Like, all the reasons people were saying he was scum didn't add up to me. I didn't have a town read on him or anything, but I had other fish to fry, as it were. So I literally didn't swap my opinion and you're grasping.

Oh wowee me and a scum said something similar!! what a gacha!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

ah I see you brushed it off as "a spreadsheet" instead of actually commenting on it because you have no way to refute it, cool.

Real talk: If you're somehow not scum I am going to be very annoyed at you postgame for this,.

I'm annoyed at your case for being a total misrepresentation, but you're probably scum so it's whatever.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

i never once gave any indication that i had deciphered this post, or that I agreed with it, or that I had even thought about it as far as i can remember. I just said his posting was better because he had posted a couple things I agreed with. You went from asking me why I agreed with TM to saying that I look worse to TM to saying that actually TM is getting tunneled and anidav is the one who's reading too much into things. I am genuinely baffled by the line you are attempting to ride here, Podima. You were pretty townie in my head but I just cannot believe how, on catching up with the posts since yesterday, your takes have gone back and forth like pinball.

This quote still rings true, and I can defend my logic this entire game whereas Pod repeatedly can't. He's wishy washy, he's been conveniently wrong about nearly everything this game, and now he expects to logic us into letting him live, probably so he can try to win the game. Don't let him do this drive-by on me when he is clearly scum!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Your entire case is that I've changed my opinions over the course of the game (so have you) and that I was wrong (so were you), and conveniently wants to try very hard and keep a 3P Survivor alive for a scum win.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Your entire case is that I've changed my opinions over the course of the game (so have you) and that I was wrong (so were you), and conveniently wants to try very hard and keep a 3P Survivor alive for a scum win.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

The one example you used was wrong. So yes I have been wrong about things, but I can defend my logic, whereas you have flipped back and forth and never deigned to give us any reasoning.

I don't want to try hard to keep the 3P alive. I just believe the claim and want to get rid of the scum. You didn't have a problem with flerp or SEE when they expressed the same idea a few posts ago. You were just fine with it because they would be lynching me and not you.

Gah this is so frustrating, it's like you're not reading my posts. This must be what it's like to be a tryhard poster.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

You guys like I said don’t count on me being around at any specific time due to afk. Can’t time lynch.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

BottleKnight posted:

I'm Johnny freakin Sasaki. I have the power of indigestion which I used on N1 & N3 which meant I spent my nights in a toilet which made actions on me unsuccessful, and anyone targeting me got told I'm sick. I also have a chaff grenade ability, which I used N2 to "block the electronics" of Anidav and TM, which were my top two scumpicks at the time.

why didn't you do anything on n4?

also did anidav or tm mention anything about having their electronics blocked on n2? i'll have to go check

also, where did everyone go?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

why didn't you do anything on n4?

also did anidav or tm mention anything about having their electronics blocked on n2? i'll have to go check

also, where did everyone go?

Because I can't use my abilities on consecutive nights, and I wanted to reserve my chaff ability for tonight, if need be.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Because I can't use my abilities on consecutive nights, and I wanted to reserve my chaff ability for tonight, if need be.

So after we had scum outed by Sal after the hammer last night, you opted to.... save your ability instead of using it on them?

Nah.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

You guys like I said don’t count on me being around at any specific time due to afk. Can’t time lynch.

If it comes down to it, I will take the risk of vigging tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If nobody else sees how scummy Podima is, whatever. Lynch me and lose the game. I feel like I've done all I can.

Podima posted:

So after we had scum outed by Sal after the hammer last night, you opted to.... save your ability instead of using it on them?

Nah.

Correct, because I was not sold on the counterclaim and there were still a lot of people left in the game. I feel like it was a wise decision, too, since it would be helpful to chaff tonight.

• Locked thread