Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

sirbeefalot posted:

There are plenty of legitimate pizzas with no tomatoes involved, try again.

I'd probably eat that mac n' cheeza if they managed to not burn the plastic Velveeta its the same thing, I know

Velveeta also isn't plastic.

How are you guys so bad at understanding what cheeses are and aren't plastic?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Samizdata posted:

Sorry, no sauce. I give zero shits about what you all say about pizza rules, but there's got to be some tomato in there to be a pizza. Otherwise, it is just a quiche with height issues.

Chicken bacon ranch? Pesto pizza? Or do they count because they have diced tomatoes as a topping?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Velveeta also isn't plastic.

How are you guys so bad at understanding what cheeses are and aren't plastic?

When one of the most prominent types of plastic cheese is labeled American Cheese, it's an American thing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Tomatoes are my favorite food in the world and please give love to the tomato.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Probably just my western upstate NY regionalism here, but I feel compelled to at least mount a moderate defense of a white garlic pizza.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Samizdata posted:

Not so much, IMO. There has to be at least a sauce.

There is a cheese sauce involved in a mac n' cheese.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

Probably just my western upstate NY regionalism here, but I feel compelled to at least mount a moderate defense of a white garlic pizza.

Buffalo?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've had a pizza that was like a cheesy bechamel with garlic and then more cheese on top. I don't know if it was pizza so much as a pile of melted cheese on breads but it was great anyway.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If a pizza does not have tomato sauce, it is either a pizza criminal and will go to prison for pizza crimes, or it is simply a hot sandwich.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rochester.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Rochester.

Pontillo's or Mark's?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Mymla posted:

If a pizza does not have tomato sauce, it is either a pizza criminal and will go to prison for pizza crimes, or it is simply a hot sandwich.

Welcome all pizzas into your heart, friend.

Missing Name posted:

Pontillo's or Mark's?

This ROC pizzatalk takes me back to stacks of $5 Salvatore's boxes in our campus apartment. :allears:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

Rochester.

I'm from Cazenovia.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Missing Name posted:

Pontillo's or Mark's?

My first job was Pontillo's, so never again will I eat there. Most of the time if I'm not making my own pizza I go to Salvatore's but that's mostly because it's walking distance and has a bar.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mymla posted:

Being a criminal implies there are laws aka rules to break. Are you insinuating that there are pizza rules, friend?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
White clam pizza from The Spot in New Haven is pizza. Amazing pizza. Fite me IRL.

Pepe's is almost as good, but The Spot is better because its oven is better, even though it's owned by Pepe's and uses the exact same ingredients.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

sirbeefalot posted:

Welcome all pizzas into your heart, friend.

I do.
I just understand that the unterpizza are not true pizzas and thus should not be welcomed into anyones heart.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Being a criminal implies there are laws aka rules to break. Are you insinuating that there are pizza rules, friend?

I'm not insinuating anything, I'm outright saying there are.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mymla posted:

Mods?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Downloading pizza modifications . . .

████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

ERROR

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think the best few pizzas I've ever had lacked tomato sauce.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
This is bullshit!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm from Cazenovia.

Ah! So then you probably know what these freakish albinos are:

no joke, I'm actually wearing a Heid's shirt as we speak, and oh dear god could I go for a coney right now

Also can confirm, having grown up in Syracuse and lived on Long Island for 9 years, white garlic pizzas are pretty common throughout the Empire State.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mymla posted:

I do.
I just understand that the unterpizza are not true pizzas and thus should not be welcomed into anyones heart.

mods, ban pizza hitler, tia

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Ah! So then you probably know what these freakish albinos are:

no joke, I'm actually wearing a Heid's shirt as we speak, and oh dear god could I go for a coney right now

Also can confirm, having grown up in Syracuse and lived on Long Island for 9 years, white garlic pizzas are pretty common throughout the Empire State.

A brace of coneys!!!!!! I want a Heid's shirt, but all I have is Ithaca Is Gorges of loving course

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That's three braces right there. :colbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

Chicken bacon ranch? Pesto pizza? Or do they count because they have diced tomatoes as a topping?

Never ate the first. And I will call "tomato exemption" on the second. I mean, seriously, we MUST have some way to distinguish between pizzas and quiches, or the terrorists HAVE WON!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Quiches need eggs. That’s a rule.

Pizza doesn’t always need eggs because there are no pizza rules.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A brace of coneys!!!!!! I want a Heid's shirt, but all I have is Ithaca Is Gorges of loving course

:hfive:

Whenever I'd visit the homeland, I'd hit Wegmans (ohhh, Wegmans :allears:), freeze a few pounds of those at mom's house, and drive 'em back here to Virginia in a cooler. I'd break them out for special occasion BBQs, and inevitably any guest uninitiated in the gustatory majesty that is the coney (or snappy, as they are also called) would balk at "those weird white hotdogs". So they're an AFP candidate for non-upstate-NYers, but gently caress 'em, more for me.

...aaaand now I'm opening a new tab to check again how much it is to get Hofmann's to ship me some wait oh poo poo, can I get them on Amazon somehow? we just signed up for Prime

brb, need veal and pork tubes in my life

edit: wtf Amazon, a search for "hofmann snappy" gave me a nursing textbook. Geez, talk about AFP

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Dec 8, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Arivia posted:

Quiches need eggs. That’s a rule.

Pizza doesn’t always need eggs because there are no pizza rules.

Do tell.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24710/eggless-tofu-spinach-quiche/

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Samizdata posted:

Never ate the first. And I will call "tomato exemption" on the second. I mean, seriously, we MUST have some way to distinguish between pizzas and quiches, or the terrorists HAVE WON!
I'd legitimately say height. Quiches have fillings inside a crust, pizzas have toppings on their crust. Check out our Chicago-style tomato and cheese quiches!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

I'd legitimately say height. Quiches have fillings inside a crust, pizzas have toppings on their crust. Check out our Chicago-style tomato and cheese quiches!

I have seen some pygmy quiches and some pizzas that could double as hot tubs. That's why I was relying on the seasoned tomato sauce as a good break point.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

JacquelineDempsey posted:

:hfive:

Whenever I'd visit the homeland, I'd hit Wegmans (ohhh, Wegmans :allears:), freeze a few pounds of those at mom's house, and drive 'em back here to Virginia in a cooler. I'd break them out for special occasion BBQs, and inevitably any guest uninitiated in the gustatory majesty that is the coney (or snappy, as they are also called) would balk at "those weird white hotdogs". So they're an AFP candidate for non-upstate-NYers, but gently caress 'em, more for me.

...aaaand now I'm opening a new tab to check again how much it is to get Hofmann's to ship me some wait oh poo poo, can I get them on Amazon somehow? we just signed up for Prime

brb, need veal and pork tubes in my life

edit: wtf Amazon, a search for "hofmann snappy" gave me a nursing textbook. Geez, talk about AFP

I know Zweigle's will ship, I've pondered that several times. Its always just... too much to pay for a pack of hotdogs. :sigh:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I think the best few pizzas I've ever had lacked tomato sauce.

Quoting for truth. I get pesto on my pizza on the reg.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

All we are saying is give pizza chance.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

All we are saying is give pizza chance.

No. Pizza sucks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

No pizza sucks.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

sirbeefalot posted:

This ROC pizzatalk takes me back to stacks of $5 Salvatore's boxes in our campus apartment. :allears:

RIT? I could generally get my fill of Salvatore's any day of the week just by finding whatever campus organization was doing a pizza event and grabbing a couple slices of those square boys.

There was a sports bar about 100 yards down Scottsville Rd from Salvatore's that did $0.25 wings and dollar Yuengling one night of the week, and it would still be less crowded than MacGregor's on a Friday night.

We never really ate garlic sauce pizza when I was at RIT, but I am a fan of it.

At least when I was still there, New Number One Chinese was our go-to for cheap lovely but good-enough takeout when working late in the lab. Highly recommend the boneless pork spareribs.

El Latino on Chili Ave was pretty great when I was living in a shithole in the 19th Ward.

Is a garbage plate a sandwich?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

Is a garbage plate a sandwich?

I think a garbage plate just sort of is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Did somebody say pizza?