Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Charlie Manson's final victim was Wiger's accuracy/credibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

another episode where a woman finds it hilarious to make jokes about the very idea of dating mitch

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Underrated great thing: Mitch's insistence on making sure that at some point he mentions what he drank with the meal. As if he needs to record it for posterity so that future historians will know.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch’s “what the gently caress?!?!” counter was off the charts this episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Underrated great thing: Mitch's insistence on making sure that at some point he mentions what he drank with the meal. As if he needs to record it for posterity so that future historians will know.

"Oh, and, I, and and and and, I had a Diet Coke. And, uh, it, uhhh, it was guud."

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Drunkboxer posted:

Charlie Manson's final victim was Wiger's accuracy/credibility.

Wiger laughing along at the ridiculous idea of giving himself dome was fun with the revelations since they taped this, though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Wiger laughing along at the ridiculous idea of giving himself dome was fun with the revelations since they taped this, though.

Has anyone been to the Texas shows? There's no way this doesn't come up 9 times per episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Someone needs to at least ask for a fork rating

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Also explains why he enjoys a straight spoonful of mayo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dacap posted:

Also explains why he enjoys a straight spoonful of mayo.

He likes voluminous wet cream, it's true.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wiger sounds like Vincent Price at the end of Thriller when he laughs really hard and I love it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Wiger sounds like Vincent Price at the end of Thriller when he laughs really hard and I love it.

i like how much he audibly perks up whenever he's talking about cum or jacking off

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Doughboys are on the most recent episode of With Special Guest, except it’s actually a premium live episode of the Wild Horses that was unlocked on Lapkus’ podcast feed. It’s good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's funny how much more pronounced Nick's general weirdness is when he's a guest on another show

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
*at 50% my usual speaking pace* Cameron DiAz

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
James Woods is in that movie... does he get his dick sucked or does he kill himself?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Goddamn, Wiger's really using this Chick-fil-a 2 intro to dig into Huckabee.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
the intros have been fire recently, I'm only bummed he didn't use the taco time kne to talk about the time the rajneeshis dosed the taco time salad bars with salmonella

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
mitch working up the confidence to tell the guest that ham is the worst and being immediately shot down is my favorite recurring feature now

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yo yo yo yo yo.

Ham. Is bullshit.

Also: absorbing your twin in the womb is bragging rights. I would never stop telling that story.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 12, 2017

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I agree that holiday ham can cram. There's a reason while it's the biggest source of leftovers on thanksgiving.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Texas didn't let us down on the drop.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch's jumping on EVERYTHING that Nick says, and getting pissed off when anyone else takes Nick's "side", is starting to wear thin. It can be a great part of the show's comedy, but he's leaning on it way too hard lately. It's becoming less of a fun dynamic and more like a tiresome and ineffective bully.

Besides that, this is a great episode. As much as I loved seeing them in Portland, Gabrus is 10 times more fun than Susser.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Möbius Nick

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
People from Austin seem really hostile to anyone not born there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

Austin is a dumpster, they want so badly to be NYC and they're so genuinely angry that Houston is becoming more and more overtly democrat and stealing their 'we're the one point of light in a cruel cruel red state' shine.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Popete posted:

There's a huge influx of tech dorks taking away their "keep austin weird" spirit

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Austin crowds on podcasts always seem to start out overly enthusiastic and end up shouting non-jokes and dumb references. I prefer when the audience is clearly disengaged and the hosts get antagonistic.

Edit: See almost every Hollywood Handbook live show.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 14, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ManoliIsFat posted:

There's a huge influx of tech dorks taking away their "keep austin weird" spirit

this is true but it's also hilarious because Austin was already full of tech dorks so basically they're just a lot of dumb dorks mad that silicon valley memes are different than austin ones.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Good ep except for the terrible zany crowd dudes at the end

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

sexpig by night posted:

Austin is a dumpster, they want so badly to be NYC and they're so genuinely angry that Houston is becoming more and more overtly democrat and stealing their 'we're the one point of light in a cruel cruel red state' shine.

Austin is shittier San Francisco, but more puke instead of human poo poo on the streets, and worse Mexican food. It's a neoliberal center painted with lovely murals surrounded by Trump suburbs.

ManoliIsFat posted:

You will only see "keep austin weird" on bumper stickers in the suburbs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that just like portland, austin is locked in a death battle between 3rd gen gentrifiers and 1st gen gentrifiers who are being priced out & are mad because they priced other people out first and now have a right to the city.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hell I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that just like portland, austin is locked in a death battle between 3rd gen gentrifiers and 1st gen gentrifiers who are being priced out & are mad because they priced other people out first and now have a right to the city.

nah unlike Portland Austin has a good amount of actual latino/black locals who the 3rd gen gentrifiers already pushed into shitholes during segregation and now the 3rd gen think they're the 'real' locals and these darn 1st gen kids are the monsters ignoring the fact that they started the entire problem while now pretending to care about it. So there's still actual active conflict and 'take back the neighborhood' movements that make the 3rd gens feel smug while not realizing they're who the locals are talking about too. So, it's a way funnier racism at least.

So it's more like the major cities in Hawaii really, with a bunch of lame white people calling other white people 'fakers' who are ruining the area while they still lock their doors when they go through east Austin. Give Austin another generation or so and they'll hit Portland levels of 'the family who used to run this place was Mexican I think, that's why it's so authentic even though they had to move and sell it to Bryce to do so.'

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 15, 2017

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
want to try torchy's again, and i never want to meet anyone from the crowd.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Austin is shittier San Francisco, but more puke instead of human poo poo on the streets, and worse Mexican food. It's a neoliberal center painted with lovely murals surrounded by Trump suburbs.

This cost of living in Austin isn't anywhere close to SF. Like not even remotely. Also the Mexican food is better, and you can buy it for less than 20 a plate. When NK nukes Austin it will be a net zero loss to the globe, when they nuke the Bay Area we should mark it as a national holiday.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mikus' job, holy poo poo.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sexpig by night posted:

austin sucks and always has. deuces mother fuckers

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
If you were going to subscribe to the double but were on the fence try out this week. It's a Christmas Carol on the same level as the I4H Christmas Carol.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mitch giggling the whole time was adorable :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

One of my favorite things about Doughboys, which really came out to play in this episode, is

(a) Mitch posits a scenario
(b) Wiger restates what Mitch just said, but in a way that highlights how absurd the idea is
(c) Mitch: Mm-hm