Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
If you can end it in time (call it season 1), balduk might add it to lp archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Nyaa posted:

If you can end it in time (call it season 1), balduk might add it to lp archive?

Do you know what the timeframe is on that? I suppose I should talk to the man myself...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Do you know what the timeframe is on that? I suppose I should talk to the man myself...

Yes. Baldurk only adds LP to the Archive that are specifically requested by the goon who ran the LP itself. So your best bet is to email him to get the ball rolling. Include a link to the thread and what specific content you’re looking to have archived so that he knows what to look for.

Just be aware that he’s constantly busy with stuff so it might take a while just to hear back from your initial email, let along getting the LP on the Archive.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
There's no time limit that I'm aware of for adding games to lparchive.org. I'm pretty sure baldurk's archiver program has access to the SA archives, so even if your thread dies entirely, you'll be fine.

But baldurk doesn't archive discussion, just the main updates. And I don't know about adding onto an already-archived LP if you continue updates; generally he does the entire thing in one shot. So you could archive You Have 001 Goblins: Part 1: In Which We Refuse To Pick A God, and then later archive You Have 001 Goblins: Part 2: The Adventures of Third-Degree Amazon Clone as a separate thing.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Brilliant, thank you all. I think I'll push to make the current arc the end of "Disc 0001" and at the same time pursue an audience with The Great Archivist. And I will definitely not mention any Patreon that I'm not gonna go look up how to do not right now... definitely not.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you want discussion archived, quote it and include it in your updates. Many people have done that, myself included.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Didn't we used to be able to collect archives for ourselves, thus allowing us to modify the content that got submitted so we could include extra stuff from the threads? What happened to change that?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Jamesman posted:

Didn't we used to be able to collect archives for ourselves, thus allowing us to modify the content that got submitted so we could include extra stuff from the threads? What happened to change that?

Too many people couldn't be assed to follow directions and kept loving up the process.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Edit: Nevermind, I know what I'm going with now.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 30, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started recording for my next let's play - I'm doing Get Even on the PS4 - I'm following the same workflow as with Toy Story 3, just want to run it by you to check volume levels and sound/commentary quality. I'm going for informative style, discussing the level design and the information we can gather from the evidence that we collect along the way when appropriate. Does this work? I've tried to avoid the old "Saying what I'm doing" trap as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUTLTfq2Kds

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Though we never stopped having rules, we have been without a rules thread ever since The Incident. This has been amended.

The rules have been compacted a bit and some expounded upon a little, and overall there's less of them, but that's just because we've taken out some things that, frankly, we didn't think needed saying anymore. Basically; as you were, folks.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Wait, what was The Incident?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Wait, what was The Incident?

I'm just going to assume that Blind Sally and Nine Gear Crow went on a drunken bender and Fedule had to stay up all night fixing the damage.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Or the schism between some posters that made the L P'zone in tribute of those horrible pizza hut pizzas years ago.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I wise Pizza Hut still had the P'zone in the US, those were the poo poo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I wise Pizza Hut still had the P'zone in the US, those were the poo poo

You can always order one from a Pizza Hut in Canada and see if they're willing to deliver it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Serious Answer: For April Fool's Day this year, one of the admins (I want to say zdr) made Black Baby Goku an IK in LP. Among other things he unstickied the rules thread, which, having never been posted in since its creation, was immediately archived. I've been meaning to remake it ever since but took this long because I am an extraordinarily effective person.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fedule posted:

Serious Answer: For April Fool's Day this year, one of the admins (I want to say zdr) made Black Baby Goku an IK in LP. Among other things he unstickied the rules thread, which, having never been posted in since its creation, was immediately archived. I've been meaning to remake it ever since but took this long because I am an extraordinarily effective person.

And that was because some idiot former mod sabotaged BBG's LP thread with some hilarious edits (at least they were hilarious to me).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
To further celebrate the new rules thread, and to further cement my dominion over this wretched little subforum, I've also gone and tweaked the stickie thread header images to clean them up a little bit and be more in line with baldurk's original Sandcastle header:

You can view each of them here or in their respective threads:

* The Tech Support Fort one I'm holding off on just because I don't want to step on Zeratanis's toes and overwrite the image they designed for the thread on their own.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 9, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm just going to assume that Blind Sally and Nine Gear Crow went on a drunken bender and Fedule had to stay up all night fixing the damage.

Looks like you were right.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
stay tuned for my next drunken bender where i sticky 3 pages worth of threads

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Blind Sally posted:

stay tuned for my next drunken bender where i sticky 3 pages worth of threads

As long as you do it in whole multiples of pages.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Quoting here for more exposure:

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Mega64 posted:

Quoting here for more exposure:

That's very helpful! Thanks!

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I'm about to start LPing Quantum Break, it's a video LP of a third-person shooter, but the game includes loads of collectible "Narrative Objects", things like posters and emails that you can read for bonus backstory. I'd like to include copies of these in the thread, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

I could do screenshots of all the Narrative Objects, with thumbnail images that people could click on to see the full-size readable screenshot. But some of the Narrative Objects are really long email chains, like 10 emails back and forth. In-game you read them by doing lots of scrolling. If I post those Narrative Objects using screenshots I'll need to do multiple thumbnails leading to multiple screenshots for a single narrative object, which seems rather clumsy and ugly.

I have a way to extract the text from the game, so another option is to actually copy and paste the text of all the Narrative Objects into the thread. But this means that every video I posted would also be accompanied by a post that contained literally thousands of words.

Of course screenshot LP's of visual novels and RPGs have massive posts with dozens of images and thousands of words...

That gave me the idea, maybe I can use the ScreenShot LP Test Poster? That way I can link to massive Narrative Objects with thousands of words of text without clogging up the actual thread.

Do posts on the SSLP Test Poster stay forever? Also, when the LP is finished and put on the LP archive, would the LP archive be able to extract the posts from the SSLP Test Poster? If so, I think it would be the best way to post these Narrative Objects. But if there's going to be some problem with it, I've got to go with screenshots, or giant walls of text.

• Option 1: Thumbnail images that link to posts on the SSLP Test Poster. Extracted text uses forum formatting, long Narrative Objects can be scrolled through in their entirety, but are kept off the forum to avoid mega-long posts. Long narrative objects only require one thumbnail image.
  • Option 2: Thumbnails linking to full-size screenshots. Extracted text is part of the full-size image. Long Narrative Objects require multiple thumbnails and multiple full-size images.
  • Option 3: All text is quoted in the post itself. Easy to read, but takes up loads of room!

Here's an example of 5 narrative objects from the first part of the game, using each of those options. (Note that the first part of the game actually includes 16 Narrative Objects!)

OPTION 1: Thumbnail images that link to posts on the SSLP Test Poster.

Map
Riverport University Map

Document
Protest Flier

Protest Chart
Stop Monarch Problems Poster

Poster
Sofia Amaral Seminar Poster

RE: COMING HOME?
OCT 7, 2016 – 1:40pm

OPTION 2: Thumbnails linking to full-size screenshots. Extracted text is part of the full-size image.

Map
Riverport University Map

Document
Protest Flier

Protest Chart

Poster

OPTION 3: All text is quoted in the post itself.

Map
Riverport University Map

Riverport University Map posted:

Document
Protest Flier

Protest Flier posted:

HEY, YOU – TAKE ACTION NOW!!!

Monarch Solutions wants to TEAR DOWN the pride of Riverport University, the beautiful and historic library building generations have studied in. THIS IS A PART OF OUR HERITAGE, but they don’t care!

Are you gonna put up with that? OF COURSE you aren’t! Are you gonna take action? OF COURSE you are!

First of all, go online, use #SAVETHELIBRARY and get loud. The ONLY way they’ll stop if they look bad enough doing it.

Secondly, JOIN OUR PROTEST at the university on October 8. Let’s show them there are still people left in Riverport who give a crap!!

Protest Chart

Stop Monarch Problems Poster posted:

STOP MONARCH PROBLEMS

For years Monarch Solutions has been buying out Riverport piece by piece, steamrolling over small businesses and local culture to establish corporate dominance. On October 9th, they intend to demolish the historic Riverport University library to make way for additional Monarch-funded university research centers. They’ve gone too far.

Sick of Monarch Solutions turning our city into a corporate monopoly? So are we! It’s time to stop trading culture for profits. It’s time to stop Monarch.

On OCTOBER 8th @ 7PM help us spread awareness of Monarch’s shameful actions by joining our protest in the central courtyard. Camp out and enjoy the all-night music. Tell your friends. For more information, contact Amy Ferrero (aferrero@riverportuniversity.com)

NOTE: This is a non-alcoholic event.

Poster

Sofia Amaral Seminar Poster posted:

GUEST SEMINAR – DR. SOFIA AMARAL

Thursday, September 29th, 7pm @ the Henry Kim Theater

The recently appointed head of Monarch Solutions’ Physics Research Division, Dr. Sofia Amaral has taken much of her inspiration from the theories of Riverport’s own Dr. William Joyce and now devotes herself to discovering practical applications for chronon particles. Her presentation will highlight the evolution of chronon particle research and will be followed a Q and A focused on career advice for aspiring physicists.

Jack Joyce posted:

TO: Paul Serene

I’ll pack my things and head to the airport asap.

Whatever this is about just make sure Will doesn’t know I’m coming home. Not the kind of baggage I need to unpack right now.

---------------------------------------------------------

TO: JACK JOYCE
DATE: OCT 7, 2016 – 1:36pm
SUBJECT: RE: Coming home?

I just booked you a flight from Bangkok to Riverport. First class. Taxi will be waiting for you at the airport when you get here and drive you straight to the university. I can’t tell you any more over email but will explain everything when you get here.

You just saved my life. These aren’t the ideal conditions for a reunion, but can’t wait to see you again!

TO: PAUL SERENE
DATE: OCT 7, 2016 – 1:30pm

Almost two decades as friends, not once have you ever asked for help. This must be bad. You okay? What kind of trouble are you in?

Of course I’m in. I’m here for you, man. Currently in Bangkok, but I can find a way to Riverport as soon as possible. Will wait by a computer for further details.

DATE: OCT 7, 2016 – 11:45am

Jack,

You know I am the last person to ever ask for a favor, but I desperately need your help, man. Everything I’ve built here, my entire career, it’s all at risk of crashing down if I don’t do something. I need to take the only measure that will put this project back on track, but I can’t do it alone. I need somebody I can truly trust to help me fix this.

Where are you right now? I only have 48 hours to set things right. I know Riverport is the last place you want to be, but I can have a flight booked for you immediately. I realize this is by no means a small ask but I’m desperate. I need to know if you’re in.

Best,

Paul

DATE: SEP 22, 2016 – 8:46am

That’s borderline creepy.

Best of luck finishing up the project. Talk soon.

DATE: SEP 19, 2016 – 6:53pm

I keep the photo as my phone background. Your noble protest still provides me with inspiration.

Travel safe.

DATE: SEP 19, 2016 – 6:46pm

You’ll never let that one go, will you?

DATE: SEP 16, 2016 – 11:27pm

Will’s in good hands. Don’t worry.

I’ll stop wearing the watch when you stop stealing fugly ram statuettes for souvenirs from police stations.

DATE: SEP 16, 2016 – 11:19pm

Moneybags,

Navigating my way through Vietnam. Heading back to Thailand in the near future. Hope you’re keeping that fund stacked because I’m bound to make some bad decisions along the way. Actually, I got in a little bit of trouble down that way already, but I think it’s all sorted now. And nobody made the mistake of calling the cops.

How’s the high life? Saw an article on you recently. Top 30 entrepreneurs under 30 or something. Still wearing that ridiculous overpriced watch I see.

About Will – what can I say really? Clearly I’m not the expert on dealing with my brother. There’s a reason we haven’t talked in six years. The best advice I can give you is this:

Lose the watch.

Jack

DATE: SEP 9, 2016 – 9:27am
SUBJECT: Coming home?

Jack,

It’s been too long. You ever coming home for a visit? The ocean sewage musk of Riverport isn’t luring you back yet? Not to brag, but they’ve recently deemed this city the “coastal Detroit of America”. Everybody’s thrilled as you can imagine.

What’s the latest? Where are you now? I’m guessing you’re squatting in some Buddhist temple making feng shui bracelets and brushing up on your bikram? (cultural ignorance intentional to aggravate you)

Still waiting for the day I get the call that you need me to bust you out of some shady Thai prison. I’ve got a fund on stand-by for your inevitable gently caress ups with the law.

In all seriousness though, hope you’re doing well. Thinking about you. Miss you, man.

BTW – this is going to come as a shock – remember the big project I told you I’m heading at the university? They want to bring in your brother as a consultant for the final stages. Just wanted to let you know before you read it online or something. You’ll be reading a lot more about our project once it goes public very, very soon. It’ll be hard to avoid the buzz, even over there.

We both know William can be… difficult. Any advice on how to best deal with him?

Best,

Paul

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Test poster stuff is eternal, and anyway, it'll get archived when the thread does.

My recommendation would be a combination of 1/3 - put shorter stuff, like the protest flier, directly in the thread and testposter anything that covers multiple pages, such as the email chain.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

So I'm five videos in and I finally have a good example of how I want to do my Let's Play from New Threat, the gameplay mod for Final Fantasy VII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CHUk1fKrwE

This video shows off a lot of tricks I want to do including all the cute editing I like. At one point it skips ahead right past a whole (short) section on the train. Is it too confusing? Am I funny? I know my audio isn't great. I got to get used to bringing more energy to my voice, so I'm going to work on that.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
Only things I see is you edit-cut your own train of thought at 3:08. Your editing and commentary seemed pretty on-point otherwise.
Also, here's a little trick for (occasional) informative on-screen text like at 9:47: you can use a simple sound effect to announce those. Some viewers won't necessarily stay focused on the video the whole time (since FF7 isn't very dense with on-screen info), and that is a nice, friendly way of making sure they don't miss important tidbits.

I almost started my own LP of New Threat but didn't have the time to invest in such a long project, so I'm actually quite glad to see someone tackle it! It's a good gameplay mod with pretty good humor. (Speaking of, there actually was something new, south of the railroad tracks. It's pretty amusing.)

Miacis fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 16, 2017

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Miacis posted:

Only things I see is you edit-cut your own train of thought at 3:08. Your editing and commentary seemed pretty on-point otherwise.
Also, here's a little trick for (occasional) informative on-screen text like at 9:47: you can use a simple sound effect to announce those. Some viewers won't necessarily stay focused on the video the whole time (since FF7 isn't very dense with on-screen info), and that is a nice, friendly way of making sure they don't miss important tidbits.

I almost started my own LP of New Threat but didn't have the time to invest in such a long project, so I'm actually quite glad to see someone tackle it! It's a good gameplay mod with pretty good humor. (Speaking of, there actually was something new, south of the railroad tracks. It's pretty amusing.)

My latest video (#9) utilizes that sound thing. Thanks for the advice!

I'm just about ready to start a thread. Here's what I got for the OP:

FutureCakes posted:

(title card until I make a better one)

What is this?

New Threat is a expansive gameplay mod for Final Fantasy VII. For those who don't know, Final Fantasy VII is a classic Japanese RPG. I love it and many others love it too but it's frequently criticized for lacking on the gameplay department. Its heroes (which you can get up to nine of them) are very interchangeable. There are no significant meaningful differences between their functionality aside from limits. Additionally, the game is easy to the point of mindlessness. Although it has many interesting systems there is little need to experiment or master them and even then those systems lack depth.

Described by the creator as a mod that "aims for a reasonable but fast-paced level of difficulty, something that can be played seriously or for fun and which offers a lot of new content to discover. Bosses and enemies have been revised and a bunch of new ones were added as well. There are also extensive script edits that allow for the use of different party leaders on Disc 3, some restored scenes that were deleted or bugged, additional side-quests, and a range of optional QoL changes like cutscene skips, additional save points & merchants, and other conveniences to ease gameplay."

Personally, I'm stoked.

Why are you playing this?

Final Fantasy VII is one of my favourite games, or rather it used to be. There are many things I cherish about FF7 but the gameplay is not one of them. The customization, characters, and combat are low points in the FF7 experience. In my most recent playthrough of the vanilla version of Final Fantasy VII, I came off of it recognizing those major problems. It was discouraging. Everyone has a favourite game that they know has serious problems. What if there was a mod for that favourite game that fixed those problems?

In the same way that Brave New World improves the mindlessness of Final Fantasy VI and takes it to wondrous heights, New Threat is described as a mod that enhances the game's systems considerably and makes it a much more satisfying and engaging experience. It's not a hard-type hack so much as a "challenge mod" that only increases the difficulty to the point where it's really fun to play but not so far that it cannot be played casually (not to mention all the bonus content and additional systems the mod adds!)

How much of your footage is on the cutting room floor?

This won't be what I'd call an "abridged" Let's Play but not only does the game offer to skip a number of longer cutscenes (which I'll opt into), I will also occasionally skip ahead in the game if there's a long stretch of nothing interesting happening. I like editing so I got no problems with combing through my videos and touching them up. In fact, I'm a big fan of Let's Plays that go for "high production values" and/or heavy editing especially if it's for jokes. Many of my favourite moments in Let's Plays are when the lets player does something more than just play the game and talk about it.

How are you playing this?

I'm playing this on the Steam version of FF7.

I'm on an older computer and my internet isn't great so I like to stick to smaller video sizes, usually coming in at about 10-15 minutes each.

Table of Contents

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3 etc.

Also, what's the point in the Let's Player in reserving the second post in the thread? For extra posting real estate?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Sometimes there is something extra to add that otherwise may bloat the OP, like in a game with a lot of characters you may want to put character bios, or in my Lego City Undercover LP I used it as a running tally of the collectibles.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DoubleCakes posted:

Also, what's the point in the Let's Player in reserving the second post in the thread? For extra posting real estate?

Pretty much, yeah. It comes in handy for stuff like reader posts you want to save, but not directly in the OP. Also, sometimes 50K just isn't enough for your OP - ask me about it. I solved this problem in my case by using the test poster, though.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

vilkacis posted:

Test poster stuff is eternal, and anyway, it'll get archived when the thread does.

My recommendation would be a combination of 1/3 - put shorter stuff, like the protest flier, directly in the thread and testposter anything that covers multiple pages, such as the email chain.

I appreciate the advice!

Yeah I think that should look good - I'll put the text of short Narrative Objects in a post, and link to the text of long Narrative Objects on the Test Poster. Many thanks.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Usually I reserve my second post for fan stuff or sometimes bonus features like soundtracks or whatever because why not.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

BioEnchanted posted:

Sometimes there is something extra to add that otherwise may bloat the OP, like in a game with a lot of characters you may want to put character bios, or in my Lego City Undercover LP I used it as a running tally of the collectibles.

TheMcD posted:

Pretty much, yeah. It comes in handy for stuff like reader posts you want to save, but not directly in the OP. Also, sometimes 50K just isn't enough for your OP - ask me about it. I solved this problem in my case by using the test poster, though.

Mega64 posted:

Usually I reserve my second post for fan stuff or sometimes bonus features like soundtracks or whatever because why not.

Okay, just as I thought, thanks! The thread went up earlier today

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I hope it's alright if I ask for feedback of my videos too. I'm currently breaking from videos for a bit, and want to know how I should do things when I get back. I'm especially curious about my Doki Doki LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=211_Vf0ORnk

I'm more curious about this because it was the longest blind series I've done, and I was far more reactionary than usual. I know there were some problems with black screens early on that I was unable to fix, but resolved the issue later. I'm more curious about my commentary itself, like if I was even entertaining or not.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

I was thinking of starting a Let's Play of one of the new "Choice Of" games that came out recently - "Tally Ho", all about being a British servant. I've played through it a few times, and I have a general idea of the different routes - though it seems extensive and branching enough that I know I haven't gotten even half of what's available.

I was thinking my first update would look like this.

Tally Ho - Only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess posted:

Only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess! Being the perfect gentleman's gentleman or lady's lady doesn't make you an angel. Can you untangle your employer's knottiest problems with elegance and unruffled grace? As the valet or lady's maid of Rory Wintermint, you'll go head to head with recalcitrant aunts, light-handed houseguests, manage a fox hunt, and corral exotic birds!

Talloy Ho is a 600,000 word interactive comedy of manners by Kreg Segall, where your choices control the story.

It's England between the wars, and the 1920s are roaring! When your employer, a proper young gentleman or lady named Rory Wintermint, is summoned to their aunt Primrose's country house Ritornello for a weekend, it's up to you to make everything run smoothly...or not! Glide gracefully behind the scenes to arrange everything from the flowers to their love life, or leave Rory to their own devices as you pursue crime, adventure, and romance! Will you lie, cheat, and steal to ensure your employer's happiness, or will you insist upon personal integrity?

• Play as male, female, or non-binary, gay or straight
  • Help Rory sort out their love life, or sabotage it utterly
  • Solve the case o a mysterious sneak-thief - or join them on a crime spree
  • Aid spies, evade the law, calm flighty flappers, and unruffle Aunt Primrose
  • Win an Exotic Animal Show and a boat race fairly, or cheat!
  • Dance the lindy hop, or a graceful waltz - or just tut disapprovingly
  • Ride trains, motorcycles, zip-lines, bicycles, horses, and rusty jalopies
  • Jazz it up in the Jazz Age, or remain aloof and cool as a cucumber

You'll be swinging from the chandeliers or serving the canapes in this madcap, but altogether elegant comedy.

Chapter One - At Your Service posted:

Standing at the front window of your employer's flat, you take a moment's respite from your cleaning tasks to enjoy the sights and sounds of a late October afternoon in the better part of London.

A cool breeze wafts through the window almost playfully, as if to say all is well with the world - but the moment does not last, as a groan issues from the master bedroom, followed by a muffled crash and then a sort of whimper.

Your employer, Rory Wintermint, was out quite late last night, and was helped back to the flat by some friends, in what might be termed an "impaired state" after an evening's carousing. You have taken advantage of the morning's quiet to do some tidying, ll of the ironing, and the dishes. Now it is late afternoon, and your employer appears to have fully awakened.

Another groan and some incoherent gurgles emerge as you stride to the kitchen and prepare Rory's tray.

What is on the tray you have prepared?

A hearty platter of seeded rye toast with butter, three link sausages, four scrambled eggs with a dash of hot pepper, and two large mugs of extaordinarily strong black coffee
A calming cup of chamomile tea and an antacid tablet
A cocktail cunningly designed to ease Rory's hangover
An attractive iris in a bud case and a cup of fragrant oolong tea

quote:

Unnamed Unnamed

Your Sundry Skills
Bold: 25%
Culture: 25%
Intellect: 25%
Observe: 25%
Persuade: 25%
Skulduggery: 25%
Soothing/Abrasive: 50%/50%

Your Reputation
Renown: 10%
Tranquility: 20%
Suspicion: 10%

Rory: 40%

I was thinking I'd reserve the second post for the most updated stats, and an explanation of what each stat means. Probably update three times a day? Does this look okay as a first update?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That looks fine. There are a couple ongoing LPs of Choice Of games--mobsters and cats--that you can look at for ideas.

Three updates a day is a little too frequent for me. Once a day unless the choice is really obvious works pretty well.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

Makes sense! Thanks for looking it over.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Yeah, I learned the hard way too many updates a day can scare people away. One or two a day is probably the most frequent you should do depending on your game and schedule outside the boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

EDIT: Ignore this post. Had a problem with images not tesselating between lines, but turned out that it only happened when doing 'preview', not when actually posting.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 24, 2017