Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah like you know how when in games whenever a character is loaded into a scene their hair, clothes, or anything that has physics sometimes freak out momentarily and act like they were in a wind tunnel?
That happens with Pyra's breasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

BabyRyoga posted:

The one thing about combat that totally isn't clicking for me is the Driver Combos.

The AI is really stupid when it comes to Driver Combos. If any of your AI controlled combo enablers have an art that has the text of "deals more damage to Break/Topple/Launch" they will ALWAYS prioritize that art over continuing the combo.

Remove those arts from their skills and smash your way to victory.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God tantel is the worst landmass I've ever had the displeasure of being stuck in. I have no idea where the game wants me to go and it's legit past the point of being acceptable and is now just awful

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I've been doing sidequests and Perun still won't unlock affinity lvl 2, stiil at 1/3

The phrasing is too cheeky. By "doing good deeds" they mean getting deeds from shops, not sidequests.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I had my game suspended and then put my switch to sleep. When I turned my Switch on earlier I booted it up and saved and for some reason my played time jumped from 25ish hours to 91 lol must be some kind of glitch with the time keeping

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Srice posted:

The phrasing is too cheeky. By "doing good deeds" they mean getting deeds from shops, not sidequests.

No they don't. You have to do miniquests for characters that have trophy markers over their heads. The two I found were buying cookies from the kid and throwing money off the tower in Indol.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Srice posted:

No they don't. There are special mini sidequests that count as 'good deed' (a kid in Uraya broke his chess set and you can give him a new one etc). They have the trophy above their head.

There are several youtube guides on this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I laughed at how the "in progress" Polygon review ended with the reviewer getting angry he was bad at the game and ultimately didn't sound like he was able to finish it

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

God tantel is the worst landmass I've ever had the displeasure of being stuck in. I have no idea where the game wants me to go and it's legit past the point of being acceptable and is now just awful

I've accepted that this game probably has the worst navigation/map system of maybe any open world game in existence. It's really loving bad and somehow worse than the previous 2 games. Every area amounts to going in the wrong place and then seeing from afar where I'm actually supposed to go in order to get back on the right track.

What REALLY sucks is there is no way to plop down a custom waypoint or anything. I loved that about Zelda and it would have helped so, so much here.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

TurnipFritter posted:

No they don't. You have to do miniquests for characters that have trophy markers over their heads. The two I found were buying cookies from the kid and throwing money off the tower in Indol.

These two work, and there are several earlier on as well. I think sending 90,000G back home at the beginning of he game counts too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How do I get on top of the Torigoth inn for crane criminals?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can someone tell me how to make 4 actually usable? She's a tank but can't hold aggro at all. I try giving her all the tools to make her hold it but she's just awful at it so I just fall back to Tora.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

jump up the boxes by where the driver recruiter and girl who sells drinks are

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

IcePhoenix posted:

jump up the boxes by where the driver recruiter and girl who sells drinks are

Diiiiiicks thank u

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pollyanna posted:

Right behind the cafe merchant is a series of crates you can as stepping stones.

What do the three symbols in the blade skill trees mean? The ones that look like tetris blocks? I keep getting Rex Idea Up's notifications with them after battles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I laughed at how the "in progress" Polygon review ended with the reviewer getting angry he was bad at the game and ultimately didn't sound like he was able to finish it

I've accepted that this game probably has the worst navigation/map system of maybe any open world game in existence. It's really loving bad and somehow worse than the previous 2 games. Every area amounts to going in the wrong place and then seeing from afar where I'm actually supposed to go in order to get back on the right track.

What REALLY sucks is there is no way to plop down a custom waypoint or anything. I loved that about Zelda and it would have helped so, so much here.

I just stopped using the map, the environments have been pretty easy to navigate by just looking around for a bit

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Right behind the cafe merchant is a series of crates you can as stepping stones.

What do the three symbols in the blade skill trees mean? The ones that look like tetris blocks? I keep getting Rex Idea Up's notifications with them after battles.

They are the same as the boosters. They change the chance you'll get a blade of a certain element.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ok the intro to poppi was a fuckin sight to behold

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can someone tell me how to make 4 actually usable? She's a tank but can't hold aggro at all. I try giving her all the tools to make her hold it but she's just awful at it so I just fall back to Tora.

I just made her a healer since she got a healing rare blade and i transferred another one to her. She was good enough at that.

She also gets a special new tank blade as part of the story that's a Katana tank and works better to hold aggro than her default on imo.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Once I filled out her default blades affinity chart a bit, gave her another tank rare and put some aggro booster aux cores on her she holds aggro fine. Maybe not quite as good as Tora.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
:byodood:Whaaat is in booox, sweets or treats or soooocks:byodood:

Tora is amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Aggro accessory + aggro booster aux core was enough for her to hold hate for me, and then she dodged everything and made life great. But without those she sure did suck.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the amount of times I've seen the question about that woman on top of the roof for the crane crime sidequest alone is proof enough that the navigation arrow in this game is completely loving useless. Like how was that not the litmus test to determine maybe it's bad.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I should use the Beastly Core Crystal as soon as I can, right? No reason to save it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bizarre deformity posted:

I should use the Beastly Core Crystal as soon as I can, right? No reason to save it?

yes the blade you get is also awesome as gently caress

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Depends if you want to save it for future party members.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What element is the 500k gold core?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Am I supposed to know who Gonzalez is

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Water.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

What element is the 500k gold core?

Water Ether cannon.

Pollyanna posted:

Immovable Gonzalez is a recurring name for a fat level 90+ creature blocking off a cave/route in XC1 and XCX. He's actually pretty close to Torigoth and you'll see him if you wander a bit.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tae posted:

Depends if you want to save it for future party members.

I can use an overdrive later if need be

You get more overdrives later, right?

Also does said Blade have Fortitude because everything seems to require it

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Cancelling auto-attacks with Four's default blade seems almost impossible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Also does said Blade have Fortitude because everything seems to require it

Poppi's second form has it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Same thing as he was in Xenoblade 1, iirc.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I can use an overdrive later if need be

You get more overdrives later, right?
At the start of Chapter 5, I have found three total, and you're given more for maxing stuff out that I don't have nearly enough points to do yet.

So yes, but with caution, but yeah you're fine.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Haha oh yeah that guy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Am I not allowed to set more than two blades at a time?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Am I not allowed to set more than two blades at a time?

Beeline through the story, the "tutorial" part is still pretty long.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m still in the tutorial??????? :psyduck:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You know how FF13 didn't let you even choose party members until like 3 chapters from the end

It's not that extreme (you're pretty close to unlocking the 3rd slot) but the game really tries to ease you in because there's a lot of systems going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This cave of a million cut scenes sure is something.