Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Powaqoatse posted:

Apparently cockatoos are especially bad pets (super destructive im told), but fun vids though :D

Eh I think it’s more that they’re just a huge commitment and need constant attention so they’re not for most people. Like having a permanent 2 year old for 50 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RatHat posted:

Eh I think it’s more that they’re just a huge commitment and need constant attention so they’re not for most people. Like having a permanent 2 year old for 50 years.

More like a permanent two-year-old for fifty years, that has their own set of boltcutters.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More like a permanent two-year-old for fifty years, that has their own set of boltcutters.

When I was a lad, my mother had a friend with a cockatoo. That thing (the cockatoo) was so smart it could have developed a unified field theory, run circles around AlphaZero, and out-generalled Napoleon, except that it spent every waking moment trying to murder everyone and everything it encountered.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cuckatoos are basically a contagious curse. Even if you get the bird when it is young you will die before it does. When you do the curse will be passed on and someone will have to take on the burden of having a screaming dinosaur in their house. Then they will die and someone else will have to take it in. If the third person is lucky the bird will only live a few more years and they can die around the same time as it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I think you're talking about Macaws.

(e: nm, turns out pretty much all parrots are like this)

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 04:07 on Dec 9, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

http://i.imgur.com/8yS5jEp.gifv

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol. PYF needs a birb thread.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I got birbs.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Cythereal posted:

I got birbs.

I’m dying.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
http://i.imgur.com/gqA8eie.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/6VDaF0H.mp4

Cythereal has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Dec 9, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Powaqoatse posted:

actually no, cause the compilations are mostly poo poo. none of them delineated the clips so it becomes a non sequitur series of clips where you're never sure if the scene changed or not
yeah, I'm actually sad that I missed out on vine because I think the format is hilarious. Tried looking for compilations on youtube and they're nearly always "Top 10 Saddest Anime Moments"-tier awful

Blind Rasputin posted:

there is one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819859 :stoked:

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Jeff K grew up

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

artichoke posted:

Jeff K grew up

I don’t get it. I thought, “Maybe it’s a Jeffty is Five reference,” but then my brain said, “You should masturbate, now,” so it can’t be that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol. PYF needs a cuck thread.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I don’t get it. I thought, “Maybe it’s a Jeffty is Five reference,” but then my brain said, “You should masturbate, now,” so it can’t be that.

That insurance company's jingle goes "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" and the agent's name is Jeff K. Jeff K is also the name of an old front page feature on this dead website.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

yeah, I'm actually sad that I missed out on vine because I think the format is hilarious. Tried looking for compilations on youtube and they're nearly always "Top 10 Saddest Anime Moments"-tier awful

there is one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819859 :stoked:

this thread is archived friend.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Blind Rasputin posted:

you could make one...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Blind Sally posted:

you could make one...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843092

gogogo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That thread delivered quickly
https://youtu.be/dkxLixosXw0

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you need to learn how to embed videos cause that is a fantastic video but its just a link here there everywhere

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

to be fair they didnt mention anything about harrys love of nazism. Much like his elder king edward 8.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yoshi Wins posted:

I have heard owning a bird compared to having a perpetual 2 year old. Which sounds like hell.

A perpetual 2 year old with knives on their face.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hey!

bird thread is over there => https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843092

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

The Lone Badger posted:

A perpetual 2 year old with knives on their face.

A 2 year old with knives in their face would only be perpetually 2.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a young lieutenant rushes into a crowded operations center, the low hum of electronics and distantly ringing phones only punctuated by the low staccato of tired voices giving brief orders and acknowledgements.

"sir we found him" he says to a grizzled looking major in sweat stained fatigues.

"my god" the major responds looking over a hastily compiled folder of photographs and papers

"the sample is virtually one hundred percent pure" the lieutenant interjects

"as soon as its clear of civilians, capture it" the major says grimly.

"it cant be allowed to breed."

https://twitter.com/BobMenery/status/938828909797412864/video/1

(I am Scooter Kingsley, Captain of the Water Polo team.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That kid is awesome. And he's friends with someone actually named Boomer. I thought only 1940's roughnecks and 1970's football players knew people named Boomer.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
PYF Funny Picture: Even at their smoothest, when stroking away from the ampullae of Lorenzini at 0 degrees relative to an imaginary longitudinal line along the vertical middle of the body of the shark, they're only "pretty smooth," and definitely not the smoothest thing known to exist.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

That kid is awesome. And he's friends with someone actually named Boomer. I thought only 1940's roughnecks and 1970's football players knew people named Boomer.

:smithfrog: aww i screwed it up

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Why does Trump’s butt look so good, there?

twoday posted:

PYF Funny Picture: Even at their smoothest, when stroking away from the ampullae of Lorenzini at 0 degrees relative to an imaginary longitudinal line along the vertical middle of the body of the shark, they're only "pretty smooth," and definitely not the smoothest thing known to exist.

Pretty sure that won’t fit.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

fresh diaper

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sneakyfrog posted:

https://twitter.com/BobMenery/status/938828909797412864/video/1

(I am Scooter Kingsley, Captain of the Water Polo team.)

lmao thats the first time in my life ive agreed with chad kroeger :hai:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That doesn't make any sense. You couldn't do that in a two part mold. The sprue parts holding the hull go over the paddles, and you couldn't have the anchor oriented like that. Terrible.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Ha! It's a picture of an elephant masturbating. :v:

Ha ha! They translated it as 'Forbidden amuse yourself'! :v:

Wait a second... why do they need a childish sign in a public place telling people not to masturbate? :gonk:"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't make any sense. You couldn't do that in a two part mold. The sprue parts holding the hull go over the paddles, and you couldn't have the anchor oriented like that. Terrible.

It’s probably an art project or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It took me longer than I want to admit to realize something was off