Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

huh it felt like the most recent stuff was building towards more but I guess not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I hope it ends with our three travelers going on further adventures :3:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Well I hope it at least has a conclusion and builds up to that instead of just stopping out of the blue like the T-rex manga.

Ha, well, after looking at it today the most recently translated chapter was 105, so it sounds like one chapter and probably two epilogue extras are all that's left. :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rip helck. it was fun for a while.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Wait, it's really ending like this so suddenly? I hope there's going to be a good denouement to all of this.

Fake edit: has it been said before that Rafaed looks like a grown up Seto Kaiba?

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 6, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Helck had better marry Alicia, and Vamirio cries at the wedding (but not nearly as much as Azudora).

Absum
May 28, 2013

I'm ready for the author to resume Acaria

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Helck will punch the ending and we will have Anne From Management Ever After

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
The Ura Sunday website has the last chapter listed as 最終話(前編), so there should be a part 2.

Also, the following chapter is already scheduled to release next week.

Look Sharp! fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 6, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this being the first half of the story or w/e would make a lot more sense. 106 being the real ending just seems like a cancellation to me

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 1 - Phantom Helck

Part 2 - Anne from Management Tendency

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

JosephWongKS posted:

Part 1 - Phantom Helck

please dear god no if you go by that logic it means mikaros is coming back as the villain for part 3

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Part 1 - Phantom Helck

How do you even escalate from this?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Piwi's BigBizarre Adventure

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

RareAcumen posted:

Part 3 - Heavenly-King Crusaders

Part 4 - Piwi Is Unbreakable

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Part 5 - Vento Hyureo

part 6 - Asutone Ocean

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't mean keep making Jojokes, I meant how do you escalate off of a demon/human war that has them transforming into angel expies?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well we dont know if helck beat the Will or just some incarnation of it.

Maybe the AAA threat isn't military, but cultural.

And Helck has win an idol contest so they back off.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Maybe the AAA threat isn't military, but cultural.

And Helck has win an idol contest so they back off.

Super Dimensional Empire Helckros.

Of course Piwi would win it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't mean keep making Jojokes, I meant how do you escalate off of a demon/human war that has them transforming into angel expies?

there was a whole northern front that was never elaborated. i assume the plan was to go there eventually if the series had picked up enough interest. it's hard to say what the enemy would have been, since i assume once the cancellation writing was on the wall some twists planned for later were bumped up to wrap things up properly

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Venuz Patrol posted:

there was a whole northern front that was never elaborated. i assume the plan was to go there eventually if the series had picked up enough interest. it's hard to say what the enemy would have been, since i assume once the cancellation writing was on the wall some twists planned for later were bumped up to wrap things up properly

I think they were described as giants with goals and motives that they either didn't know or could not understand. Which really seemed like a hook.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venuz Patrol posted:

The series had picked up enough interest and it hasn't been cancelled, as Look Sharp explained:

Look Sharp! posted:

The Ura Sunday website has the last chapter listed as 最終話(前編), so there should be a part 2.

Also, the following chapter is already scheduled to release next week.

Ura Sunday's Helck page at http://urasunday.com/helck/ does indeed state that the current chapter is "最終話(前編)", which means "Final Chapter (Part 1)". It's like the "End of Prologue" in Vinland Saga.

It also states that "次回更新は 2017/12/11" i.e. the next chapter will be out on 11 December 2017.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 7, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe helck will go on silly adventures for a while instead of fighting increasingly larger versions of mikaros

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

The series had picked up enough interest and it hasn't been cancelled, as Look Sharp explained:

Ura Sunday's Helck page at http://urasunday.com/helck/ does indeed state that the current chapter is "最終話(前編)", which means "Final Chapter (Part 1)". It's like the "End of Prologue" in Vinland Saga.

It also states that "次回更新は 2017/12/11" i.e. the next chapter will be out on 11 December 2017.

oh, haha. duh

thanks for explaining, though

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Actually, I did a bit more digging on Japanese comments on Ura Sunday and Twitter, and it seems like it really is ending. 'Final Chapter (Part 1)' actually means that next week is 'Final Chapter (Part 2), and is the actual end of the series.

That said, Helck is one of the most popular series on Ura Sunday, and Japanese fans don't seem as down on the climax as this thread, so don't assume that the author isn't ending it as she intended to.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Look Sharp! posted:

Actually, I did a bit more digging on Japanese comments on Ura Sunday and Twitter, and it seems like it really is ending. 'Final Chapter (Part 1)' actually means that next week is 'Final Chapter (Part 2), and is the actual end of the series.

:smith:

I'm still holding out hope that the mangaka does turn this into a multi-generational saga ala JJBA and there's a Part 2 starring Hyura and Edil's love-child (I haven't read the Japanese raws, but surely they got married in the series finale) with Vamirio replacing Azudora as the wise-cracking mentor figure.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 7, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If it is multigen then the recurring bloodline should be Piwi.
Pierre Wistar

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Hey guys Helck is epiloguing:

https://bato.to/reader#4a91ece79b6794e0

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piwi was the true hero of the story after all.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Aw yeah that's the good Helck poo poo

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
even the epilogue is multiple chapters

why can't this manga die

Caros
May 14, 2008

Relin posted:

even the epilogue is multiple chapters

why can't this manga die

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
There will be more Omake stuff after part 2, right?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JosephWongKS posted:

Piwi was the true hero of the story after all.

It turns out that the real hero was the junk we picked up along the way.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Train guy is the true hero

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm surprised and impressed that there's no Anne/Helck going on. I guess Helck/Alicia is the true path.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

I'm surprised and impressed that there's no Anne/Helck going on. I guess Helck/Alicia is the true path.

Helck is a good boy who would never cheat.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
That is absolutely correct and I apologize.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am glad for the like half dozen pages spent entirely on Helck and Alicia being cry-happy at each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

it is nice to have a platonic relationship between the male and female leads. doesn't seem to happen that often

• Locked thread