Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Mr. Terrific or Ragman maybe? Maybe the Flash writers have already run out of ideas to keep Ralph around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Hawkpeople aside (who were made specifically to be on Legends in the first place, so they don't count), Legends has kind of been batting 1000 when it comes to taking castoffs from other Arrowverse shows and doing amazing things with them. So whoever it ends up being, I feel safe in saying they're in good hands going forward.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It's Roy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll be Felicity's dad.

Sara's dad would be better.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Davros1 posted:

Sara's dad would be better.

Droppin' bodies all across time now.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Zebulon posted:

Droppin' bodies all across time now.

Even if it was just for an episode I'd love to see him (or all three Lances) on an episode together.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, using the Arrow music when young Marty fired the toy bow :allears:

I died when that happened, I actually died and now I'm ghost posting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It would be sweet if they added Diggle and Wally.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Spacebump posted:

It would be sweet if they added Diggle and Wally.

Dig is way too central to Arrow for him to ever permanently leave that show (short of the show ending or some major event leading to his death, anyway).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll be Felicity's dad.

Calculator is just lame enough of a name to join the Time Idiots!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Are we really certain it'll be Wally? I mean, isn't his absence on the Flash due to his actor being busy?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Replacing the young black mechanic with a different young black speed mechanic seems lazy even by Legends' standards.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry he’s an engineer, his natural athletic ability makes him like to go fast.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My guess is Mr. Terrific. Curtis loved to geek out over the Waverider, he's the perfect go to guy for tech nonsense, he's the odd man out on the team, and Ollie's about to piss him off real bad by spying on him even more.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

My guess is Mr. Terrific. Curtis loved to geek out over the Waverider, he's the perfect go to guy for tech nonsense, he's the odd man out on the team, and Ollie's about to piss him off real bad by spying on him even more.

And he already got a cameo this year in Return of the Mack too.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They already have a goofy science inventor guy with Ray. And the other goofy historian guy. Three goofy nerdy guys would be too many.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
The chick who plays Agent Sharpe and the chick who plays Supergirl look like they could be sisters.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I watched season 1 and thought it was alright, completely missed season 2 and have just watched the sizzle reel for season 3 and it looks amazing. Is season 3 good? Is season 2 worth tracking down and watching?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If the sizzle reel sold you then yes and yes. It's a stupid show but S2 and S3 know they're stupid and lean into it. Feels like some episodes of Doctor Who where the plot is just an excuse to play dress-up or for one punchline.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Season 2 has a great take down of season 1. Season two also has the Legion of Doom who are all too happy to point out that the Legends are, well...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

8one6 posted:

Season 2 has a great take down of season 1. Season two also has the Legion of Doom who are all too happy to point out that the Legends are, well...

Heatwave says it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VDZwwTCDo

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I feel like “Half the time we screw things up even worse” is being a bit generous.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They screw things up for the better :pseudo:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bruceski posted:

If the sizzle reel sold you then yes and yes. It's a stupid show but S2 and S3 know they're stupid and lean into it. Feels like some episodes of Doctor Who where the plot is just an excuse to play dress-up or for one punchline.

Great I'll get S1 & S2. That sizzle reel makes it look like such a fun, daft show. Heatwave is such a great character, I managed to watch the Earth X crossover and he was great in it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Be aware season one is played completely serious and isn't that good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yeah, you'd be better off just reading what happens in S1 than watching it. Also, it'd spare you from Hawkgirl's "acting".

8one6
May 20, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, you'd be better off just reading what happens in S1 than watching it. Also, it'd spare you from Hawkgirl's "acting".

I'll take a one woman hawkgirl season over having to watch Carter dull be both wooden and stalky at the same time ever again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

They screw things up for the better :pseudo:

Sometimes. Sometimes they screw up things for the better.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

I'll take a one woman hawkgirl season over having to watch Carter dull be both wooden and stalky at the same time ever again.

They absolutely 100% hosed up using Kendra, Carter, and the Hawk mythos in general instead of handing Shayera a big rear end mace, going ALIEN OK DEAL WITH IT, and turning her loose.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
S1 has signs of what the show would become- the first episode has Sarah saying "let's get weird in the Seventies" which pretty much defines this show's mission- but basically you do have to ignore the serious parts.

Really the major sign of the show understanding itself was when they made Caity Lotz the lead.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Be aware season one is played completely serious and isn't that good.

Yeah, like I said I watched S1 and it is a bit ropy I agree with what people have said about Hawkgirl and Savage isn't that interesting either. But a shop in my city has them in a combined pack cheap so why not.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Season 1 at its absolute best is Season 2 at its absolute worst. The difference in quality is staggering.

On another note, I'm behind by a few episodes but I just realized they're doing a sequel to Vixen, which is vaguely hilarious.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I thought Vandal Savage had potential because he had funny moments, like when the Flash asks him if he rehearsed his villain speech in a mirror that morning and Savage's response is to find his joke funny instead of being annoyed.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
1950's casserole-toting Vandal Savage was great. If Legends had known what kind of show it wanted to be from the beginning, we probably would have gotten all kinds of alt-history Savages instead of just the one with constant IBS face.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm kind of wishing that Damien's plot and Molus were totally seperate because that would be hilarious. Damien and Grodd just loving with the timeline to mess with the Legends on a personal level, then Molus shows up, blindsiding both of them as he wants to kill everything, not just Damien's enemies. Damien and Grodd temporarily join the Legends to avoid the demon killing them too, after trying to take him on alone and failing, and after all is said and done they part relatively amicably to return to gently caress with the Legends again some other time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inkspot posted:

1950's casserole-toting Vandal Savage was great. If Legends had known what kind of show it wanted to be from the beginning, we probably would have gotten all kinds of alt-history Savages instead of just the one with constant IBS face.

Yeah, the big thing about him was supposed to be that he was able to blend into the background of history while at the same time building an empire piece by piece until it was ready to come online properly in the 2200s. That was an amazing opportunity to have a completely different version of Savage show up every other week and just go right to the hilt with him like what they're doing with Darhk this year.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm kind of wishing that Damien's plot and Molus were totally seperate because that would be hilarious. Damien and Grodd just loving with the timeline to mess with the Legends on a personal level, then Molus shows up, blindsiding both of them as he wants to kill everything, not just Damien's enemies. Damien and Grodd temporarily join the Legends to avoid the demon killing them too, after trying to take him on alone and failing, and after all is said and done they part relatively amicably to return to gently caress with the Legends again some other time.

Dahrk is a grinning sociopath with access to a Lazarus pit and telekinesis, plus he killed Sara's sister. Amicable is off the table permanently, I'm pretty sure.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

gently caress I'm really sad that Jax is gone. :( It really seemed like all season they were building up reasons to keep him around after Stein left. I hope they bring Wally on board because Flash is really screwing him over.

That was a pretty fantastic episode though. ALL HAIL BEEBO.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm glad that he left on his own terms before they could Wally West him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They should just give him super strength, then you don’t need fancy cgi for the effects.