Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
chapter is out it just hasn't hit the reader sites yet for some reason. available to download on HnGs website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rip the harbormaster

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Anyone else having trouble reading this on batoto? Other manga load just fine, but this one gives me that image server error

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Plutonis posted:

rip the harbormaster

Guess he didn't get off the hook.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, Muteba is getting a ton of work.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

this is truly the worst timeline

And now it's the Mickey Mouse psycho! Who's gonna get wrecked.

So many cool fighters on this side of the brackets, so many of them without a real chance of victory :(

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mickey Mouse uses his ingenious gimmick fighting style and handily defeats the guy that is characterized like a main character, then goes on to take the whole tournament, sorry for probably spoiling the raws.

On this latest chapter, I kinda felt like this was coming. I mentioned earlier that fisherman man seemed too gimmicky compared to Saw Pang, who seemed much more rounded. Going by that logic, I seriously doubt that the loving mickey mouse guy is gonna make it past round one, but he'll probably be entertaining as hell.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

tweet my meat posted:

Mickey Mouse uses his ingenious gimmick fighting style and handily defeats the guy that is characterized like a main character, then goes on to take the whole tournament, sorry for probably spoiling the raws.

On this latest chapter, I kinda felt like this was coming. I mentioned earlier that fisherman man seemed too gimmicky compared to Saw Pang, who seemed much more rounded. Going by that logic, I seriously doubt that the loving mickey mouse guy is gonna make it past round one, but he'll probably be entertaining as hell.

His opponent makes it quite clear that his road ends in round 1.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
But get this dude, what if Adam Dudley just beats the poo poo out of Rei before the match, revealing himself as the head of the third party vying for control of the Kengan association, having thrown his match in the first round so he could work from behind the scenes to support his fighters, Cosmo (his good friend) and Mickey (his associate in the conspiracy) The foreshadowing is already there for the reveal of him throwing the match to keep his fighter in top shape, it was a big point of this match.

Disney and McDonalds are both american corporations, it's all a power play by the Americans, who are already represented at the tournament by Obama himself, who is observing to see how the plan unfolds. If successful, they would massively increase their hold on Japan.

One way or another, Adam Dudley is winning this tournament.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 9, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can someone remind me who the glasses guy is in the latest chapter?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

He's the CEO sponsoring Saw Paing. I've never been clear on what exactly his corporation is, though. 'Village of the Dawn' makes it sound more like a cult.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rangpur posted:

He's the CEO sponsoring Saw Paing. I've never been clear on what exactly his corporation is, though. 'Village of the Dawn' makes it sound more like a cult.

Seems like it's literally a village. He's the mayor.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Links to the latest chapter

Kissmanga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-087--Victory?id=393662

Batoto - https://bato.to/reader#ea75424ed658c4c4

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rip Fishing Grandpa

You were super chill,

I guess really rip your leader since super doc will take care of you and keep you alive.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thanks for posting that you loving dick I wasn't looking forward to what happened or anything.

Fucker that chapter just came out today I been at work and my accidentally scrolling one post too far spoils it for me.

I'm not really mad work sucked but damnit you suck more maybe I'm a little mad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lol get hosed

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

Seems like it's literally a village. He's the mayor.
Must have been an interesting campaign.

"Vote for me, and I solemnly swear I will use all our tax revenue to hire a fighter for the upcoming death match tournament to decide the fate of the Japanese business world!"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would vote for him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Seems like everyone assumed the anime would be on TV, but just for confirmation's sake the newest volume had an announcement confirming a TV broadcast.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've been trying to read through Baki, and it's kinda hard. I've been spoiled by the characters and artwork of KA, Baki just feels like the bargain bin version despite being the spiritual predecessor.

KA also feels surprisingly grounded and realistic in comparison, when someone wants to blind someone, they go for the eyes rather than digging out the optic nerve (located in the neck) and slicing it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone in baki looks like a pile of tumors

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

New chapter is out

Shipping girl owns

the mickey mouse dude owns

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-088-Read-Online?id=395135

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Bushmeister posted:

New chapter is out

Shipping girl owns

He's pretty cool. Shame he's about to get his legs punched off.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Bushmeister posted:

New chapter is out

Shipping girl owns

So basically all that ominous "Its time for the dream to end" poo poo was just that dude being super bummed that he wont be able to be Mickey Mouse mascot anymore.

That's incredible. :allears:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

I forgot about the shipping girl and thought this was for the mascot fighter before i read he chapter

That would have been different

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This is really good.

Hatsumi definitely seems like the kind of guy who would be dating high schoolers in his 20's

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love everyone's reactions to the giant shirtless Mockey Mouse. :allears:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

JosephWongKS posted:

I love everyone's reactions to the giant shirtless Mockey Mouse. :allears:

Haru in the wrestling (I think) t-shirt with Jun is pretty great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh no, he'S a good boy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i believe in mockey even though everything about the format dictates he must lose.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yah.

Thing about Kengan Asura though, is that they're really good at selling the action in the meantime. Like, nobody expected Gozu to beat Watatsuki either but the fight was still a blast to read. Moreover it also does a good job presenting them as legitimate fighters, even if the word 'jobber' might as well be tattooed on their forehead.

tbh I also really love that his CEO is literally just Michael Eisner.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rangpur posted:

Yah.

Thing about Kengan Asura though, is that they're really good at selling the action in the meantime. Like, nobody expected Gozu to beat Watatsuki either but the fight was still a blast to read. Moreover it also does a good job presenting them as legitimate fighters, even if the word 'jobber' might as well be tattooed on their forehead.

tbh I also really love that his CEO is literally just Michael Eisner.

And it doesn't feel like a waste because people aren't getting killed left and right, they stick around and get to still be part of the story on the sidelines.

Well except that crazy judo guy, but he wasn't that interesting.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The safest of the underground fighting leagues

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

not emptyquoting

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

everyone in baki looks like a pile of tumors

They have cheek abs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wild Horses posted:

not emptyquoting

this is obnoxious as hell and nobody cares about empty quoting lmao

lol at setsuna being happy ohma's employer is a good person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wakatsuki vs the Murobuchi Gozo is probably in my top three fights so far. They made a jobber feel like an absolute monster and put wakatsuki over as one of the top contenders. It was quick, but they were going 100% from the start.