Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh man, Spoink is available? :swoon: Love my little bouncepig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
First snow of the season here in the northeast, but because it's tied to a winter storm the app is stuck on "Extreme" until the advisory is over tomorrow morning.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Read on some Reddit thread that it costs 400 whopping candies to get a Wailord :aaaaa:

Someone please tell me this isn't true

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

So this is only the first 50 of Gen 3, right? Any word on when they'll be releasing the rest?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

In another 8 months.

Or later this month, who knows with niantic.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Comrade Koba posted:

So this is only the first 50 of Gen 3, right? Any word on when they'll be releasing the rest?

Pokemon Go Live posted:

Trainers,

Starting later this week, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, and several more Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will start appearing in Pokémon GO for the first time ever—with even more to be discovered over the next several weeks!

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/hoenn-pokemon

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Are they all new, or do any of the existing gen1/2 evolve now?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Robokomodo posted:

Are they all new, or do any of the existing gen1/2 evolve now?

There's new baby Pokémon in Azurill and Wynaut (which become Marill and Wobuffet), but otherwise they're all new.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Azurill and Wynaut both evolve into existing Pokémon, but other than that they’re all new.

e: f, b

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Azurill and Wynaut both evolve into existing Pokémon, but other than that they’re all new.

e: f, b

Does this apply to gen3 that haven’t been released? I know absolutely nothing about the lore.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

When do the baby Snorlax come out, Gen 4?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Munchlax is Gen 4, yeah. There's several new baby Pokémon there, as well as some third-stage evolutions to existing monsters. But everything else Gen 3 is unique to that generation.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

notoriousman posted:

Munchlax is Gen 4, yeah. There's several new baby Pokémon there, as well as some third-stage evolutions to existing monsters. But everything else Gen 3 is unique to that generation.

What are the 3rd stage monsters

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Robokomodo posted:

Magmar, Electabuzz, Magneton, and Rhydon get 3rd forms.

Edit: I forgot a bunch. Just see the posts below me.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 9, 2017

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

kensei posted:

When do the baby Snorlax come out, Gen 4?

Munchlax is indeed Gen 4. The Sinnoh dex has a lot of pokemon that are related to previous ones: Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Electavire, Porygon-Z, etc. There's like 25 pokemon that are evolutions or baby forms of Gen 1-3 pokemon.

Edit: And that's pretty much the last time it happens. With the sole exception of Sylveon in the Kalos dex, all new pokemon past Gen 4 are brand new unless you count mega-evolutions and Alolan forms.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 9, 2017

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Robokomodo posted:

In no particular order:

Magnezone (Magneton, location-based), Electivire (Electabuzz, the Electrilizer item), Magmortar (Magmar, the Magmarizer item), Probospass (Nosepass, location-based), Mamoswine (Piloswine, level-up while knowing Ancient Power), Rhyperior (Rhydon, the Protector item), Tangrowth (Tangela, level-up while knowing Ancient Power), Lickilicky (Lickitung, level-up while knowing Rollout), Weavile (Sneasel, the Razor Claw item), Dusknoir (Duslops, the Reaper Cloth item), Yanmega (level-up while knowing Ancient Power), Roserade (the Shiny Stone item), Mismagius (Misdreavus, the Dusk Stone item), Honchkrow (Murkrow, the Dusk Stone item), Togekiss (Togetic, the Shiny Stone item), Frosslass (female Snorunt, the Dawn Stone item), and Glaceon and Leafeon (Eevee, location-based).

Edit: Well, those aren't all 3rd-stage, but all of the evolutions of preexisting monsters.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
More Ex Raid passes went out. I've been targeting gyms that offer passes and didn't get lucky.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Parrotine posted:

Read on some Reddit thread that it costs 400 whopping candies to get a Wailord :aaaaa:

Someone please tell me this isn't true

Not without precedent since Gyarados is 400 candies

Gyarados with double water moves is pretty nice now too

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 9, 2017

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just caught a wild Hariyama, they're huge!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
oh good, this again

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

kxZyle posted:

oh good, this again

same but with 5k eggs

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Oh joy, the Instinct Spoof Brigade is back with a vengeance. Every gym in the vicinity is yellow, and for some reason they all have 4K-ish Slakings in them. :rolleyes:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

Just caught a wild Hariyama, they're huge!

Also we might actually have decent alternatives to Machamp now?!?!?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Eddie Whitson posted:

Also we might actually have decent alternatives to Machamp now?!?!?

Sure do, it's called Baziken :black101:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

kxZyle posted:

oh good, this again

Hey, at least it’s new varieties of trash!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
According to serebii.net, Plusle and Zangoose and exclusive to the Americas and Africa, while Minun and Seviper are exclusive to Europe, Asia, and Oceania.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I do hope trading comes sooner rather than later. I'd settle for wonder trading first, too.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Finally got an EX pass for the Starbucks near my home. 5:00 PM on a Monday. I can get back in time but why not just do them on a loving weekend?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Well, I just got the Extreme Weather alert. It's maybe -5C, and not even snowing.
Guess I should get used to seeing that warning screen until mid-Spring.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Edward Mass posted:

According to serebii.net, Plusle and Zangoose and exclusive to the Americas and Africa, while Minun and Seviper are exclusive to Europe, Asia, and Oceania.

It'd be nice if they put borders somewhere else than "entire loving continents", but Niantic's gonna Niantic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Caught two Zangoose today. They are kinda pointless for gyms but drat they look cool.

I have to admit I wasn't thrilled with Mudkip till I saw him, and now that cute fucker is possibly my next tattoo.

Firechicken has the best loving run around when you josh a ball, I intentionally threw a few bad ones to see it again!

Now have a Rhydon with Surf for a charge move, because why not? Is Waterfall any good for Gyarados?

edit: Skitty is also awesomely cute, but the worm is very odd looking. If I evolve him night or day, is that how you get the different evolutions?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 10, 2017

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also yeah I'm getting a hazardous weather alert. There are no warnings, nevermind alerts on our local weather service. The gently caress is Niantic getting their data from?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Now have a Rhydon with Surf for a charge move, because why not? Is Waterfall any good for Gyarados?

Waterfall makes it better than Vaporeon. So, :yeah:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rhydon having Surf is the weirdest move combo. What benefit does that serve that ground or rock moves can't cover already?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
From a defending Rhydon it'll be a nice surprise against ground-type attackers or those rock types with a fighting move such as other Rhydon.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
For the first time in my city, non-sponsored locations that already had an EX raid got.. An EX raid. That is a terrible sentence. Tired.

Three repeat locations. One far east, one far west, one down in one of those small-city-in-a-big-city places.

Surprisingly, I got a pass. This is my 5th, and assuming I catch it, my 4th Mewtwo. The second one, I never had a chance, RNG wasn't letting it happen.

Anyway, I feel less than thrilled. Other people need one Mewtwo. Or two. Etc. And the person I've been playing with the most didn't get one, despite also soloing a Cloyster there on Sunday, in addition to raiding there more frequently than I do. His baby Valor account got a pass though, for whatever reason.

I hope they develop the EX pass system more. This one is a 35 minute drive, starts at 5:30 on a Friday. I'll go, but I'm lucky, I work for myself and have already decided I'm gonna go early and hit stops in the park to avoid traffic. Not everyone has that choice, or can afford to blow half a tank of gas on Mewtwo.

It would be nice if we could select a radius around our home zip code and time frames for EX passes. Obviously, you could just select "all, any time, any where" so as not to screw anyone. out of a pass.

N

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Cowslips Warren posted:

edit: Skitty is also awesomely cute, but the worm is very odd looking. If I evolve him night or day, is that how you get the different evolutions?
In the main games there's unique identifying information that determines if Wurmple will become Silcoon and Beautifly or Cascoon and Dustox that makes it essentially random, I'd imagine this game follows suit.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

notoriousman posted:

In the main games there's unique identifying information that determines if Wurmple will become Silcoon and Beautifly or Cascoon and Dustox that makes it essentially random, I'd imagine this game follows suit.

I've heard it's indeed random in GO.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Yeah, I raided at the gym that had an EX last weekend shortly after the EX was done. They issued passes today for the 18th and I wasn't invited. Oh well, doesn't seem like it's going anywhere anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Does anyone happen to have a link to that article that was hypothetically talking about which legendaries to spend rare candies on? Or an updated one now that they've all been released? I have 190 candies cluttering up my space and it's looking like I'm goddamn never getting a mewtwo(I'd save the majority obviously just in case but freeing up 50~ would be nice)

I caught a 2735 Ho-oh today when the seattle weather happened to shift to sunny :woop:. It's 84.4, am I right in thinking(unless I catch a higher iv one on a sunny day before it's gone) that I should take the hit on iv and power that one up? It seems like the returns given the rarity of rare candies vs it not being 90+% makes it worth it

• Locked thread