Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It's true; quite aside from the editorial decisions I don't fully agree with, Danganronpa's localisation has just technically not been very good.

V3 did literally ship with a typo in the all singing all dancing opening cinematic; "a new killing game with begin again", dramatically rendered in enormous text on your screen. The typo is only the beginning of that sentence's problems.

Probably my favourite NISA Danganronpa funfact is this, which I'm going to post in spoiler tags even though it is an incidental detail in Ultra Despair Girls, which I am certain is never going to be LP'd;

UDG makes reference to the big tragic despair incident 人類史上最大最悪の絶望的事件, but several times actually refers to it as "the worst, most despair-inducing incident in the history of mankind", which is, uh, not the NISA-approved translation (that would be "the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history". I wonder how that happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Maybe everyone just decided to phone it in for UDG after they hit that one chapter. You know the one.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

You'd think NISA has competent translators with agreed-upon romanization, if they use in-house team. If not? Anything goes I guess.

With NISA, any game they localize actually developed by Nippon Ichi Software (Disgaea, etc.) turns out well, and just about anything else they do does... not, or at best it's a mixed bag. Ys VIII actually had major outcry about it, even before it was released in the US, since all of a sudden they were being weighed against XSEED.

Probably the best-known or at least funniest-out-of-context goof was calling an area "Archaeozoic Big Hole", but there were. A lot of mistakes.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I remember hearing shortly after AT2's release, they had a massive amount of openings in the translation team, given the amount of untranslated text, putting the wrong text on dialogue choice boxes, and the infamous game-crashing bug that only happens in the NTSC release, I highly doubt that it's coincidence.

Mana Khemia 2 also had a similar game-freezing bug that was in the NTSC one for the same 'hosed up the coding while translating' reason.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 7, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FPzero posted:

I wonder if localization companies can't rely on traditional spellchecking methods for their scripts because of all the Japanese names and other game words that a spellchecker won't understand.

You could add those to the spellchecking dictionary, but I'm not saying I could do their job any better.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Robindaybird posted:

I remember hearing shortly after AT2's release, they had a massive amount of openings in the translation team, given the amount of untranslated text, putting the wrong text on dialogue choice boxes, and the infamous game-crashing bug that only happens in the NTSC release, I highly doubt that it's coincidence.

Mana Khemia 2 also had a similar game-freezing bug that was in the NTSC one for the same 'hosed up the coding while translating' reason.

In one of the Atelier games they completely failed to translate a major game mechanic, hosed up the coding in said mechanic so that just accessing it in game caused the ps3 to hard lock and then had the balls to claims that it wasn’t significantly detrimental to game play when it was pointed out to them.

NISA doesn’t give the slightest gently caress.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Stroth posted:

In one of the Atelier games they completely failed to translate a major game mechanic, hosed up the coding in said mechanic so that just accessing it in game caused the ps3 to hard lock and then had the balls to claims that it wasn’t significantly detrimental to game play when it was pointed out to them.

in MK2, in the third route, there's a couple of optional bosses that can cause the game to freeze, The Space Ship one is a guarantee freeze with certain moves, hte others are reported but last I looked no one quite determined what made those fights freeze.

NISA only seem to give care to actual Nippon Ichi games, Vanillaware, Spike Chunsoft, and Gust clearly have a more half-assed process.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Time to see if we make it through this.

: ...Hm? Where's Sonia?
: I told her about the bombs but she wouldn't listen to me. She said she'd catch up with us later...
: Later? Why...?
: She should know that now isn't the time for that, but...

: Can...I go bring her?
: Do you *really* think there's time for that, you loving dumbass!?
: You're right...we need to stop the bombs first.
: A-All right...let's go...!

Music fades out.

We steeled our nerves, and charged into the factory.

The first thing I noticed was the roaring engine of a nearby truck.

: A truck? Why...?

: I could talk to the others but no one has anything particularly interesting to say.

There's a truck parked in the middle of the factory... A lot of dangerous-looking objects are loaded on the bed of the truck...!

: Th-Those things...on top of the bed... Is that it...?
: I don't know how powerful they are, or if they have enough power to blow up the entire island but... If there are that many...they must be extremely powerful. Did he really drive this truck and carry over all these bombs!?
: Kazuichi...can't you disarm these bombs? You're good at that kind of stuff, right?
: I thought I could, but... It looks like the engine is also acting as the detonator... Dammit...so that's why the engine is still running... The bombs are set up so when the engine stops running the insulator will blow off and trigger the explosion...
: I don't care how it's built! Can you disarm it or not!?

: It's impossible...I don't have enough time. The main detonator was put inside this bulky metal box and welded shut...
: Th-There's no way I can disarm it if I can't get this thing open!
: So it's going to take you a long time? That's not good...I mean, it's almost...
: Yeah...noon...

: What if...we used the tools at the military base?
: W-We don't have time for that!
: The truck's engine is the detonator, right? Then can't we stall for time by adding gasoline?
: It's no use... The fuel cap has been welded on, too...

: Then I'll just drive the truck into the sea!
: You can't! You don't even have a driver's license!
: A-Are you seriously gonna stop me!? I thought your family was all about breakin' the law!

: But even that's impossible... There's a chain wrapped around the wheel...
: If we can't disarm the bombs, stall for time, or move the truck...
: There's nothing we can do...!
: ...

: Hey...check it out.
: ...Huh?
: There's some kind of machine on top of that metal box Kazuichi mentioned.
: Hm? The machine on top of the box...?

: Oh...this... This looks like...a card reader.
: A card reader...?
: Maybe...we can disarm the bomb if we swipe the key card...
: ...What!?
: Wait...that might be possible... Nagito wouldn't be able to disarm these bombs if he didn't leave some way of doing that, right...?
: Maybe he never planned to disarm them from the start.

: No, I don't think that's it. Nagito is probably trying to make us do something here.
: What do you mean...something?
: Knowing Nagito, there's definitely some kind of theme to this...I think.
: A theme...?

: That bastard probably would do something messed up like that...
: Then we gotta find that!
: WE GOTTA FIND THAT!

Nagito...is trying to make us do something here... If that's true...what's he trying to make us do this time?

: Off to the right, there's a lone laptop sitting on the conveyor belts.

There's a laptop on top of the stopped conveyor belt...

: This...wasn't here the last time I came here, right?
: Hmm, it looks suspicious. It might be good if we examine it thoroughly.
: Yeah, you're right...

As soon as I touched the laptop, some kind of program began running all of a sudden... And almost immediately, a video started playing...

: "Why hello everyone. Great work... So you really found the bombs, huh? Believing in you was completely worth it."

: N-Nagito...!

: It looks like a video message from Nagito...
: A video message...!? If he's got somethin' to say, he can say it to our faces!
: Just hold on... For now, let's just watch this through to the end...

: "Now then, now that you guys have found the bombs, all you need to do is stop it. To tell you the truth, it's actually not that hard to do. You see, there's a card reader on top of the metal box. As long as you scan an e-Handbook, it will disarm the bombs."

: All right, if that's the case then just leave it to me!
: "However...!"

: "It won't work with just any student handbook. If you want to disarm that bomb, you have to use the traitor's student handbook."
: "To be honest...I found out who the traitor was after secretly monitoring everyone's activity... But...I was a little annoyed that they never came forward. So if things stay this way...it'll look like I lost, right? That's why I was thinking I should have another battle."
: "So this is going to be your last chance, traitor... What are you going to do? Everyone's life depends on you... Whether or not you save them is up to you. Now then, I wonder how this is going to end? Will the traitor's identity finally be revealed?"

And with that...the video ended.

: The traitor's...student handbook...?

: S-So that's it... This was also a trap...to weed out the traitor...
: Is...there seriously a traitor? If there is, they should've come forward already. I mean...their life is in danger too, you know?
: That's true...but...
: Stop whinin' and complainin'! We should do it one at a time!
: D-Don't be stupid... What if someone besides the traitor uses their handbook...?

: It's really stupid to be fighting over something like this.

And so, with an annoyed expression on her face, Chiaki walked over to the bombs without saying a word...

...took her handbook out of her pocket...

: Huh?

...and without hesitating, swiped the card reader.

*Bzzzz!*

: Looks like...it was wrong.
: Who's next?

: Wh-What are you doing!? If you make a mistake, the bombs might blow up!
: ...But they didn't.
: That's just a fluke! Don't act so careless in a situation like this!
: W-Well...I guess Chiaki's not the traitor. I don't think the traitor would've swiped their handbook right away like she did...

: ...So what are we gonna do? Who wants to try next?
: L-Like I said, don't act so careless. Swiping the wrong card might be safe...
: B-But only once...you know...

: ...Hey, what happened?
: N-Nothing...I might just be overthinking it, but...the engine somehow sounds...

Just then, Kazuichi's face turned pale and he rushed over to the truck. And then, as he tilted his head toward the engine, he suddenly shouted...

: I-It's out of gaaaaaaas!
: Wh-What did you say...!?
: Huh? What's gonna happen if there's no gas?
: I-I already told you! IT'S GONNA BLOW!
: B-But isn't it too soon? I mean...there's still time until noon...

: D-Did...Nagito miscalculate!?
: M-Miscalculate?
: Argh! If you're gonna set us up, at least get your calculations right, dammit!
: A-At least Monokuma knows how to keep a schedule...!

: Hey, can't we do anything about it? Is there...something we can do...!?
: Yeah, there's only one thing we can do...!
: What is it!? What do we have to do!?
: ...Pray.
: Wha!? Are you loving serious...!?
: Th-Then...we should run!

With those words, we started sprinting away.

Music cuts out.

...And that's when it happened.

: It is all right! It is not a bomb!
: ...Huh?

All of a sudden...the inside of the factory began overflowing with dazzling light...

: Wh-What the hell is this...!?
: Looks like they're...fireworks...
: F-Fireworks...?

While we stood there dumbfounded, the fireworks slowly decreased their intensity...

And eventually...

: U-Um...this means...
: I-IT WASN'T A BOOOOOOOMB!?
: Wh-What the heck!? I mean, Nagito said...
: So...it is just as I thought.

...As you thought?

: ...Hey everyone. Look over there. The laptop... It looks like it's playing another video.
: ...Is it Nagito again?

We immediately rushed over to the laptop.

: "So...? Were you surprised? Seriously...think about it. Do you really think there are enough bombs to blow up an entire island? Even if there were...a guy like me would never be able to use them."

: Dammit...so it was all a bluff...!
: Th-Then...what was that bomb he detonated at the hotel?
: Nagito...went to the Octagon inside the Funhouse, right?
: Is that...where he got that bomb?
: But...it definitely wasn't strong enough to blow up an island... Nagito was lying about that...

: Is he still watchin' us from somewhere? If he's not...then how did he time his message so perfectly...?
: No...it looks like the video was set to play after the explosion by a wireless signal from the detonator... But...why did he have to use a video message? That's the one thing I don't get.
: ...Let's think about that after we've watched the whole thing.
: ...You're right.

: "So how did it go? Did the traitor come forward? If I had to guess...well, I'd say they didn't right? So then, which is it? It'd make me very happy if you guys could tell me. I'll be at the warehouse next door waiting for your answer. From there, we'll compared our answers, and I'll let you know who the traitor really is.
: See you later.

: ...The warehouse next door?

: That's where Nagito is!?
: This time I'll make sure to beat the crap outta him! *leaves*
: Then I'll deliver the final blow and smash his head in with a wrench! *leaves*
: You bastards...what are you saying...?
: You guys can just beat the poo poo out of him, because I'm the one who's gonna loving kill him! *leaves*

: You guys...you've totally flipped your lids...
: Now's not the time to be calm! We need to stop them!
: ...You are right. Let us make haste! *leaves*

I didn't expect the bomb to just be a bunch of fireworks... All the fireworks in the bed of the truck have been reduced to soot.

But...why did Nagito do something so messed up?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It was a fluke!

Because I'm certain he's got something even worse planned.

And points to Nagito for making the fluke sound believable.

Chiaki has nerves of steel and is my favourite character.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Why do I get the feeling theres going to be a body discovery when they get there?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FPzero posted:

: Then I'll just drive the truck into the sea!
: You can't! You don't even have a driver's license!

Exchanges like this really endear Fuyuhiko, the SHSL Literally From A Criminal Family, to me. :allears:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

FPzero posted:

But...why did Nagito do something so messed up?

SDR2.txt

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Exchanges like this really endear Fuyuhiko, the SHSL Literally From A Criminal Family, to me. :allears:

It's endearing stuff like this that almost makes you forget that Fuyuhiko is actually a murderer before even coming to the island who also plotted to kill again like less than 2 weeks ago in-game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That was actually a pretty clever design - not a dead man's switch, but a dead engine switch. And it also explains away the potential absurdity of "enough bombs to blow up the island" being hand-portable.

FoolyCharged posted:

Why do I get the feeling theres going to be a body discovery when they get there?

Beat me to it. I'm expecting that as well.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh Nagito, you card.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Souda seems suspicious for stalling and trying to shoot down the ideas of swiping the cards, but I'm still going with the theory the 'traitor' is actually working against Monokuma, and Souda is just the worst.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
There's no traitor. I love Fuyuhiko and Sonia and I'll be sad if they don't make it out

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Stroth posted:

A little bit of a throwback but if you're talking about the bug regarding the Grow System in Atelier Shallie that was on Koei Tecmo, not NISA.

Although yeah, NISA still bad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know why I'm so suspicious of Chiaki but she just managed to "perfectly exonerate" herself. Like, what if she figured this was all just social engineering from Nagito and the traitor was supposed to confess when their handbook didn't work?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

I don't know why I'm so suspicious of Chiaki but she just managed to "perfectly exonerate" herself. Like, what if she figured this was all just social engineering from Nagito and the traitor was supposed to confess when their handbook didn't work?

Chiaki being a Terminator would be such a non-surprise, considering how permanently laid back she is.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Chiaki being a Terminator would be such a non-surprise, considering how permanently laid back she is.

Personally, I'm still going with my theory that the "traitor" could better be described as an "undercover therapist" who's trying to help the others not be the people they would be with all their memories, (since, you know, Mikan with her memories was insane, who's to say similar things wouldn't be the case of the others?) and Chiaki actually seems to fit that theory pretty well. She's largely tried to help everyone and calm down tensions and generally tried to make people get along better.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stephen9001 posted:

Personally, I'm still going with my theory that the "traitor" could better be described as an "undercover therapist" who's trying to help the others not be the people they would be with all their memories, (since, you know, Mikan with her memories was insane, who's to say similar things wouldn't be the case of the others?) and Chiaki actually seems to fit that theory pretty well. She's largely tried to help everyone and calm down tensions and generally tried to make people get along better.

This is the theory I've been going with, since it seems the traitor wold have been working with Monomi before Monokuma derailed everything. If this is the case, Chiaki would be the best fit. She's the normal seeming one that doesn't draw attention to herself, in addition to consistently being a positive and calming influence on everyone.

(Hell, that might even explain why she was willing to go first to try and disarm the bomb, if she thought she was getting found out either way.)

Of course my theories are pretty consistently wrong in these games so who knows.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna beat the crap out of him...
: H-Hey... I totally know how you feel but calm down...

Music cuts out.

: ...Shut up!
: Huh?

Everyone's feet came to a grinding halt.

Their red, angry faces instantly transformed into a look of caution.

: A-Akane...what is it?

: Can you hear something? It's coming from the other side of this door.
: ...The other side of this door?

As I listened carefully, I could make out a soft sound coming from inside the warehouse...

: ...Music?

(This is very soft ingame, it's heavily muted since it's coming from inside)

: Tch, what's he planning...? Is this...another one of Nagito's traps...?
: Maybe...the moment we open the door, a real bomb is gonna go KABOOM!
: All right, let's open it and find out!

: P-Please do not, Akane! It is dangerous!
: It's fine...I'll open it slowly...
: N-No...that's not the problem...
: Seriously, it'll be fine!

With those words, Akane brushed off everyone's warnings and slowly opened the door to the warehouse...

*Clatter-clatter-clatter...!*

: Huh? It's not opening? Is there...somethin' blockin' the door? I can barely open it...
: I-I knew it! It's a trap! Seriously, just stop it okay!?
: Didn't I tell you it'll be fine!? I just gotta use a little more force...
: What happened to opening it slowly!?

Akane ignored the protests and with a mighty kick, the door flew open.

*BAM!*

: Gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! It's gonna blow uuuuup!

Instinctively, we tensed our bodies and braced ourselves. But...

: Hm? What's this?
: ...Wh-What happened?
: Look inside.

: It sure is...dark...
: Looks like there aren't any lights on... Is Nagito really in here?

The inside of the warehouse felt even darker because our eyes were still used to the bright sunlight outside. Within that darkness, a loud hymnal blared throughout the warehouse at full volume...

: ...Hey, do you guys hear somethin'?
: Yeah, it's really drat loud... Does Nagito like listening to this depressing crap?
: No, I'm not talkin' about the music...

And as if on cue, it suddenly started.

...Huh?

: I-It's on fire!

A fearsome blaze suddenly began dancing inside the dark warehouse, like fiery wings spreading before us.

: Whoa!? Wh-What's going on!?
: F-For now, we must extinguish these flames! Let us hurry and put them out!

: B-But how are we supposed to put this fire out?
: There should be fire extinguishing supplies inside the factory break room. Perhaps we should use those?
: G-Got it... Let's head to the break room!

After listening to Sonia, we ran into the factory.

: No time to talk to the others, we gotta get the supplies!

: The break room is here, right?

Where...are the fire extinguishing supplies!?

: This is a really strange camera angle but you'll find the supplies if you look upwards.

: A huge supply of lines up plastic bottles. It looks like there's some kind of liquid inside them...
: ...You found it! Those are fire grenades!
: ...Fire grenades?
: ...They're basic fire extinguishing goods. When you throw them at a fire, the container breaks and the chemical inside puts out the fire.
: But...this is strange. The last time I peeked inside this place, I recall seeing other fire extinguishing supplies too...
: This should be plenty! Let's hurry up and go back to the warehouse!

We grabbed all the fire grenades and rushed back to the warehouse.

: Make sure you don't get too close to the fire...it's dangerous.
: Take care not to inhale the smoke as well. We should throw the grenades from the door at the same time.
: Looks like the curtain in the back is burning up. I just have to aim for that, right?
: All right, let's go!

We aimed for the curtain in the back and threw all the fire grenades one after the other.

But...

: Hey... Is it just me, or does it feel like the fire's not goin' out at all?

The curtain absorbed the impact of the thrown grenades, which fell on the floor and shattered... They were completely ineffective at extinguishing the burning curtain.

: Does it not seem like the fire is intensifying!? If the fire continues to rise, it will inflame the ceiling!

: Th-This is bad... We've already used up all the fire grenades...!
: Wh-What are we gonna do!? All we can do now is pray for rain!
: D-Don't be stupid! There's no way it'll conveniently start raining if we pray for it!

Music cuts out.

*Fwiiiiiish!*

: ...It's raining?
: So this is the power of the Japanese "teru teru bozu"...!
: That's not it... It looks like the sprinklers activated...
: Oh...the sprinklers... They must've detected the smoke and turned on.

Water continued to vigorously pour out of the sprinklers...

No Music.

And after a while...the fire in the warehouse was completely extinguished.

: L-Looks like the fire is out...
: Th-That is a relief...

: THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!?
: Ahhh!
: Man, my merch got drenched! It got splattered with water and now it's soaked! I-It's so w-wet...!
: Hey, is it okay to look inside now?

: Huh? Ah! Time out! Time out! You can't! Nuh-uh! No way!
: Wh-Why...can't we go inside...!?
: Smoke and hazardous gas are still spread throughout the warehouse, so it's gotta ventilate for a while.
: Well, I guess you're right... It'd be a problem if we breathed in any lingering smoke...

: So for the sake of your health, please wait for just a little while. While you're waiting, why don't you check out the Monokuma Theater I've freshly prepared!?

: Everything is a lie.
: Monokuma doesn't exist.
: The Monokuma Theater doesn't exist.
: Everything is fiction.
: There's no meaning whatsoever.
: There's no relationship whatsoever.
: Everything was made.
: Monokuma can't be found anywhere.
: What are you doing here anyway?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wait, what just happend? Is... is Monokuma theater canon?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my GOD that cliffhanger.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Oh my GOD that cliffhanger.

: I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna beat the crap out of him...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The real killer was existentialism all along!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

: There's no meaning behind anything Monokuma does.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
We've secretly replaced the Fire Extinguishing Fluid with gasoline. Let's see if these Ultimate Students notice!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

This all supports my theory that this is all some sort of virtual reality / THE MATRIX / feverish thoughts of a dying mind thing.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

We've secretly replaced the Fire Extinguishing Fluid with gasoline. Let's see if these Ultimate Students notice!

:lol: This is exactly what I was thinking. Did any of those geniuses think of opening one and smelling it first?

Mostly because I've never heard of 'fire grenades' but those sure do look like they could be bottles of lighter fluid with the label removed. 'Huh, the fire seems to be intensifying?" :confused:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Look, none of them are the Ultimate Firefighter.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Zoe posted:

:lol: This is exactly what I was thinking. Did any of those geniuses think of opening one and smelling it first?

Mostly because I've never heard of 'fire grenades' but those sure do look like they could be bottles of lighter fluid with the label removed. 'Huh, the fire seems to be intensifying?" :confused:

They couldn't try anything else. It was either the fire bombs or hope it goes out on it's own (they didn't know that it would).

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Soooooooooooo....what's the odds that six people are now gonna be on the hook for murder?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

PopeCrunch posted:

This all supports my theory that this is all some sort of virtual reality / THE MATRIX / feverish thoughts of a dying mind thing.
How?

Zoe posted:

They are actually a thing.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Zoe posted:

Most fire grenades contain a compound called carbon tetrachloride, which in itself is rather toxic to humans.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Yes, now that the Monokuma Theater is over, I'm sure it's finished ventilating by now.
: Also, I'm finally starting to feel better! Just because my important merch was ruined doesn't mean I should be depressed about it forever! Whenever I feel depressed, I always ask myself this question:
: "Why are your eyes on the front?"
: So we can move forward! Don't be sad about what's already happened, and be positive...

: W-We get it already...
: Enough with your bullshit...!
: Okay! I'll leave the rest to you guys! Ah, I turned on the light for you guys, too. You might hurt yourself if it's dark.
: Now now, go ahead! Go right ahead! Ahead! *leaves*

: Is...Nagito inside?
: He said he was in his video message... But he probably escaped by now...
: There was so much fire and smoke. Tch... And I thought I'd finally get to beat the crap outta him this time!
: Well...why don't we go inside and see how it's doing?

: ...Hajime? What happened?
: W-Well...nothing happened, but...

I don't know why... My heart...is racing... It won't settle down...

I'm scared...

As if an intense malice is about to stab me... Stab me...through my whole body... And I can't even budge... It feels like everything was too late...

Why...do I feel this anxious?

: Hajime...you go first... I, um, you know...need to tie my shoes...

: Well, we should go inside for now. We need to find out what caused the fire.

: Nagito probably started it anyway...
: Dammit... The next time I see him, I'll beat the crap outta him.

: I do not believe there was anything inside the warehouse that could start a fire... So why did the warehouse catch fire?

: Nagito said he'd be waiting for us in the warehouse...
: By now, he's probably escaped...
: But there's only one entrance to this warehouse, you know? Did you see him leaving?
: No...I didn't... But he might've escaped while we left to get the fire grenades... In fact, he might've been gone before the fire even happened...
: That...might be true, but...

Chiaki...does she feel the same anxiety I'm feeling?

: ...Anyway, let's go inside...

A charred odor permeated throughout the warehouse, and the air was so heavy that it was hard to breathe. The moment I set foot inside the warehouse, a mixture of bewilderment, anxiety, and fear overtook me at once.

: Hm... Something smells...
: ...It's not me!
: Ah, I am terribly sorry!
: Huh, Miss Sonia!? Say it ain't so!
: No, not that... It's like...a smell I've never smelled before.
: Well, it makes sense that there are strange smells when a bunch of different things were burned...

: Hey everyone... Did you know about that curtain?
: You mean the curtain that was on fire, right? What do you mean, "know"?
: I didn't notice it until the curtain was burning but...there's space on the other side of it, too.

When I looked where Chiaki was pointing... There was still space beyond the burned, tattered curtain.

: That smell was Miss Sonia...? Seriously? I guess princesses...you know...do that, too... My mind is blown...

What are you, a child...?

: I see, so there was a space beyond the curtain. I had no idea.

: What a mess...
: Well, I don't feel that sorry about it since the only things that got burned were Monokuma merch.

: I didn't notice it until the curtain was burning but...there's space on the other side of it, too.
: It might be better...if we check it out, right?

: I definitely smell something... What is this smell...?

I walked toward the burned, tattered curtain with slow, methodical steps...

I'd never experienced such an oppressive atmosphere before, and I couldn't help holding my breath.

And then, on the other side of the curtain...

I saw the true source of the intense malice that I had been feeling.

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

I...had no idea...what I was looking at...

By the time I realized I was looking at the remains of Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student...

...Time had already stopped.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

And with that, we're gonna take a small break so I can finish up finals and have some time to write the next set of updates. I haven't had the time lately though I do have everything up to the trial recorded. Next update should go up within a week's time, hopefully earlier.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Welcome to the highpoint, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Fucker probably somehow arranged this so that the "traitor" is the guilty party. He is the type to give his life in the name of his cause after all.

• Locked thread