Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like I have a real unclear understanding of what the cloud sea is. Like at times it seems like they are up in the air and the cloud sea is literally just clouds and all the titans are flying, other times it seems like it's water under like a foot of fog. Or water under hundreds of feet of clouds? Now they are at a mountain made out of clouds?

It gets explained eventually but it's still a little handwavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Ugh just crashed and lost 8 hrs of side quests. Save often everyone! :smith:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So I like Poppi and Tora but goddamn does some of the poo poo with ger third form gets eugh.

i did not need loving Tora talking about how he took her to the park and activated Dog mode where she just barks a lot. Like what the gently caress

Especially since her third form is just like full on sexbot and is just creepy overall

Poppiforms were a mistake.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'll loving never unlock her but i gotta give it to the localization team QTπ is a fantastic name

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Party members will never use specials without your say so. If you are having trouble filling your partners special gauge, put musical instruments in their pouches. They regen special power automatically

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
How do you even unlock her? I was expecting it to be some plot thing and ended up beating the game with two forms only.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Has anyone else had any issue with some slight voice clip cutouts? I'm in Mor Ardain now and occasionally during battle it sounds like the voices cut out for like a split second. It's really slight but it's bugging me a bit.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

nerdz posted:

How do you even unlock her? I was expecting it to be some plot thing and ended up beating the game with two forms only.

Side quest in Chapter 8

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So the fifth party member obviously rules, but... where do I make the room? I guess I could move Nia's healer blades/open new healer blades, but I basically am stuck on the tank+healer+Rex plan and Four is such a great tank that why would I ever swap?

edit: oh god I opened a tank blade on Five and I'm out of Overdrives and it's the third one I needed for Four someone please help my family is dying

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 10, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

nerdz posted:

Sidquest unlocks in Toras house during chapter 8. You also need to have seen the Heart to Heart on the island before Rex's village where Tora ponders how he can upgrade Poppi

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

You also need to have seen the Heart to Heart on the island before Rex's village where Tora ponders how he can upgrade Poppi
which by the way is hilarious because it reveals what QT stands for (and it's different for both the Poppis for extra humor)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What’s her pun in japanese

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Does the catalyst scimitar not get WP through battles? I've been using it for a while and still don't have enough to upgrade any of the arts from level 1.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Where the hell do I find Confusion Ivy? I’ve checked around every tee is the area but they’re just giving me wood and bugs.

nerdz posted:

You already beat the game????????? This thing looks huge though

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pollyanna posted:

Where the hell do I find Confusion Ivy? I’ve checked around every tee is the area but they’re just giving me wood and bugs.
Lumber camp fast travel point, go just south of where you spawn and there's a gathering point on a stack of cut logs

re-travel to respawn point instantly etc

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What’s her pun in japanese

In Japanese its just Poppi: Elementary Schooler, Poppi: High Schooler and Poppi: College student iirc

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zore posted:

In Japanese its just Poppi: Elementary Schooler, Poppi: High Schooler and Poppi: College student iirc

Yeah, they use Hana JS/JK/JD those being common abbreviations for students through their education levels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One odd thing I've noticed about this game is that it doesn't really take controller swaps. I will often play games in portable with the pro controller but this game won't let me do that unless I detach the joycons which is weird

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tora wrote a play and his acting is amazing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I wish Pyra would wear her cloak more often, she looks so much better with it on

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't understand how a game in 2017 doesn't let you remotely change outfits at will

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Especially since that was like the big thing XC 1 and XCX had in common.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Lumber camp fast travel point, go just south of where you spawn and there's a gathering point on a stack of cut logs

re-travel to respawn point instantly etc

Thx! I think the game means logs where it says trees.

Now I just need to find Winding Gears. Can you not fish them up with normal cylinders or something? The return on salvage really sucks in this game.

Is there any reason not to just refine as many aux cores are available to refine at any time?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 10, 2017

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Pollyanna posted:

Now I just need to find Winding Gears. Can you not fish them up with normal cylinders or something? The return on salvage really sucks in this game.

Golden cylinders change the equation substantially. Silver cylinders pay for themselves too, especially with higher development levels.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

Gold Cylinders let you poo poo out more money and components than you'll ever need. Turn in sets at the Central Trader, salvage, repeat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you braindead motherfuckers! stop standing in the fire that kills you!!!! gently caress off! this fight sucks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

In Training posted:

you braindead motherfuckers! stop standing in the fire that kills you!!!! gently caress off! this fight sucks
End of the Factory? Or is there another goddamn one?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Not have any alternate costumes is a real strike on the game, especially in the realm of not making Rex zip up his drat diving suit. On the other hand, I don't think it would improve my ability to take Pyra anymore seriously because I remember the way all of Sharla's outfits went.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 10, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

End of the Factory? Or is there another goddamn one?

end of factory. the age old strategy of bitching online after a few failures meant i did it on my next attempt :cheers:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do we have a list of who drew who, or was Jin the only guest artist submission for main characters?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

Do we have a list of who drew who, or was Jin the only guest artist submission for main characters?

Well do you count some Blades like Roc?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caidin posted:

Not have any alternate costumes is a real strike on the game, especially in the realm of not making Rex zip up his drat diving suit. On the other hand, I don't think it would improve my ability to take Pyra anymore seriously because I remember the way all of Sharla's outfits went.

I don't think Seven had a single outfit that even approached modest/conventional.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Blacksmiths and Accessory shops don't have deeds, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tae posted:

Who drew Jin

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why on earth do merc missions not count down when you're not playing.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I can at least understand why characters don’t change outfits. Guest artists have a unique vision, not 8. Plus, Rex really needs that specific suit to do all the salvaging with, and it would also have required a different category of items. Not impossible obviously, but this one has a strong emphasis on story so the corners they cut are consistent on that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Who drew Jin

I think it was Nomura.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there a weapon shop that sells Core Chips that can give +Strength (to at least one class of weapons) easily? I need Strength 40+ on three blades for this one Merc quest and I don't have that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
You can click in the left stick and get an onscreen map!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

chumbler posted:

I think it was Nomura.

That’s why he sucks and wears a mask like a dillhole