Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Welp, Aldis just won the title at the CZW show in quite possibly the most anti-climactic 6 minutes of wrestling I've ever seen* in my life.

*seen is being generous, as the live stream from the NWA was from about 8 rows back and everything was extremely pixelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Phenix Rising posted:

Welp, Aldis just won the title at the CZW show in quite possibly the most anti-climactic 6 minutes of wrestling I've ever seen* in my life.

*seen is being generous, as the live stream from the NWA was from about 8 rows back and everything was extremely pixelated.

They're not building the company around Magnus so this just means that Tim Storm will get it back in the inevitable rematch

The calm before The Storm :smug:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

re-live the magic(?) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD5KqHottAc

there's a lame promo by Aldis before (and he gets one after! double whammy) that leads to him introducing special guest referee Brian Hebner!!! Tim Storm got a decent pop, Aldis a very tepid boo, and this seems like a really dumb bad thing to do in front of a CZW crowd. I guess when you're Billy Corgan and you last were seen getting outwitted by Dixie Carter, you take whatever you get.

"Don't worry, because you will never see me... or the ten pounds of gold... ever again."
*wild cheering*

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wait is that actually the official camera shot they went with

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

credit to billy, i didn't think he had it in him to have an actual kinda interesting nwa champion only to throw it away for a tna failure

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't understand the point of having Hebner there at all. You would expect he's there to aid in a screw job because Montreal always needs rehashing, but the whole match was clean.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So the first part of KaneBilly Corgan's 20 year plan was to keep Tim Storm as champion, bizarrely build up actual interest in him as Champion... then have him lose the belt in 5 minutes on a single-cam setup match at CZW against loving Magnus of all people?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

So the first part of KaneBilly Corgan's 20 year plan was to keep Tim Storm as champion, bizarrely build up actual interest in him as Champion... then have him lose the belt in 5 minutes on a single-cam setup match at CZW against loving Magnus of all people?

this is the start of the Tim Storm comeback story

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

this is the start of the Tim Storm comeback story

JR: COME ON (respective to my own age) KID! MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS (online)!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

What's insane is that Billy did a good enough job of it to actually get interest in Storm. I bet he would have had a ton of solid bookings on Wrestlemania weekend, just because of the novelty.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wait is that actually the official camera shot they went with

Uh, it seems to be? It's on the official NWA Youtube channel, for whatever that's worth.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

grack posted:

Uh, it seems to be? It's on the official NWA Youtube channel, for whatever that's worth.

All of their live streams outside of the CWFH stuff have been shot from a phone and been terrible quality.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tim Storm loving sucks and Magnus is like barely an improvement

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who sees anything in Magnus

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's stupid to advertise a tim storm appearance, highlighting all the czw guys who challenged him, some of which could be real stars with the right promotion, only to bring loving magnus out to win the title

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

Tim Storm loving sucks and Magnus is like barely an improvement

In-ring he's a very slight improvement, but I'd argue that losing the novelty value of NWA Grandpa makes this overall a massive downgrade.

Like I could have seen something like Joey Janela vs. Tim Storm happening at Spring Break. Magnus would maybe be a warm body for the battle royal?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

It's stupid to advertise a tim storm appearance, highlighting all the czw guys who challenged him, some of which could be real stars with the right promotion, only to bring loving magnus out to win the title

They couldn't have picked a worse setting other than maybe a show with 10 people.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

They couldn't have picked a worse setting other than maybe a show with 10 people.

I don't think Magnus wants to go back to TNA though.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

oatgan posted:

who sees anything in Magnus

Mickie James

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't tell if this is Peak Corgan or Peak Post-2000 NWA

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
i think i could have become nwa champ if i trained for like 6 months or something

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The 1998 NWA revival was better than this. As at least we got this music out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5UI8E-i4G8

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oh ok, so are they gonna show that on the NWA TV show and be like, "welp, cya Timmy?" Because if this is all to make Tim Storm look like the dumbest motherfucker in the world, its really cruel.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Well there goes my Tommy Dreamer Vs Tim Storm dream match....

I hope the next youtube video has Tim Storm sobbing in his classroom

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Well, they've already deleted their own video. Maybe they'll try to actually upload an HD version now (which for NWA is probably 480p).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

I know Janela issued a challenge on twitter and either him or David Starr would've seemed ideal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dem puffy titties on Magnus. Wonder how that happens:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe they just didn't want the title locked up in the coming Storm/Jocephus blood feud

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Man, the fun ended quickly on this one. That lasted even less time than NWA Mountain State's run in the sun. I'd prefer Lance Erickson over loving Magnus.

Nice one Corgan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I unironically saw nothing wrong with just giving it to Jocephus

All of them are not good in-ring, but at least Jocephus can do promos

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lots of disrespect for the former GFW champ in this thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Mickie puts shoes in his butt as a celebration. The whole thing, not just the heel.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tim storm documentary

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wonder if this is maybe the setup to a Storm/Magnus feud with them trading the title back and forth a few times? Possibly just to keep eyes on the promotion while they get more poo poo locked down?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I wonder if this is maybe the setup to a Storm/Magnus feud with them trading the title back and forth a few times?

The NWA is back, brother

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

[Kid Rock - Lonely Road of Faith]
spinning Rob Conway fades into spinning Jax Dane into spinning Magnus

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ah yes, because everyone wants to see Tim Storm and Nick Aldis wrestling each other over and over again

so uhhh does Billy have a roster besides them and Jocephus b/c uhhhh this is gonna get kinda old

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So how much more promotions do we have to give Corgan control of before we can say he's actually bad at this, because by my count we're now at three

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

So how much more promotions do we have to give Corgan control of before we can say he's actually bad at this, because by my count we're now at three

I don't claim to have the full facts

Heard the NWA deeply mislead Joey Janela, Ethan Page and others within the last week or so after promising them they'd be future title contenders. On the night at CZW the NWA showed up with Magnus and Austin Idol & did their own deal.

Lagana has gone full douchebag on Twitter the past 24 hours.

So, in the end, it was always going to be Corgan's boys involved. I guessing Jay Bradley is next in line!

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/940035640300670976

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Venomous posted:

ah yes, because everyone wants to see Tim Storm and Nick Aldis wrestling each other over and over again

so uhhh does Billy have a roster besides them and Jocephus b/c uhhhh this is gonna get kinda old

That's sort of the basis of my theory- at the moment, it doesn't seem like he does. He's sort of between a rock and a hard place here, because his options are to either run this lovely program or just leave the company dormant until he gets more workers signed, and the latter is infinitely worse in my estimation.